The ScottCare Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Software Program/Development Manager. ScottCare is a leader in non-invasive cardiology diagnosis, rehabilitation and therapy. Since 1989, Scottcare has manufactured high quality telemetry and remote monitoring software and electronics for hospitals and physician practices. By cost-effectively applying state-of-the-art technology, the company offers the most versatile and powerful systems on the market in addition to providing industry-recognized levels of service to support client's evolving needs. We are the market leader in cardiac rehabilitation telemetry and provide the industry's only single-platform solution for cardiovascular diagnostic monitoring and cardiac rhythm device management. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, ScottCare is a division of the Scott Fetzer Company.
The software program/development manager will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers as well as software projects for the company’s cardiology rehabilitation and/or diagnostic product lines. The individual will write product requirement documents, negotiate feature sets, and implement and track development timelines. The manager will lead multiple concurrent projects to completion on time and within budget. The position will report to Vice President - Engineering.
- Responsible for managing people, skills and development processes for software projects.
- Improves team’s technical capabilities and establishes best practices for software development.
- Hires and develops a diverse, high performance team aligned to technical and business strategy.
- Oversees execution and completion of software development projects through the complete development cycle from concept to market launch. Establishes goals and prioritizes work assignments of direct reports to meet project schedules and fulfill commitments.
- Works with VP-Engineering to determine the software platform strategy for products.
- Frequently interacts cross-functionally, including with sales, marketing, service, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, other business units and customers.
- Acts as the customer advocate in the engineering team.
- Analyses and evaluates situations and/or data and provides recommendations on a variety of topics to facilitate positive customer outcomes.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in software design and development.
- Proven capability as a team leader utilizing a repeatable development process. Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully managing software development projects through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Experience in project management methodologies (Waterfall, Scrum, etc).
- Broad-based software expertise including a strong understanding of programming concepts, database design and system architecture.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft programming technologies including Visual Basic, Java, C#, .Net Framework, SQL, Web User Interface Design, Software Debugging and Software Testing.
- Experience in software platform migration projects highly preferred.
- Hands-on software manager who leads by example.
- Proven people management skills with the ability to motivate individuals to realize their potential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels as well as customers.
- Good leadership quality with decision making and problem resolving skills.
- Self motivated team player with integrity and an exceptional work ethic.
- Experience in the medical industry and knowledge of FDA quality system regulations (CFR 21-820) highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required; Master’s Degree preferred.
The ScottCare Corporation is a leader in non-invasive cardiology diagnosis, therapy and monitoring. Since 1989,ScottCare has manufactured...