Scottish Water Employee Reviews

Very Inserting Salary/Benefits
Customer Service Adviser Representative (Current Employee), EDINBURGHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: +
Cons: +
Customer Service Adviser Representative

Job Work/Life Balance Salary/Benefits Job Security/Advancement

Very Inserting Salary/Benefits
Projects Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), Central Belt, SCTNovember 5, 2014
Pros: department away days for team bonding
Always learning new things on a daily basis.....great team working....hardest part of job is concluding legal matters.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
that was a long time ago
GIS Data Analyst (Former Employee), Central ScotlandAugust 1, 2014
................................................................................................
Plant operator (Former Employee), South East ScotlandJuly 6, 2014
I worked 8 years with Scottish Water, straight from school.
Scottish Water has a great way of looking after there employees, i had a great line manager looking after myself and the team i worked with, – more... he always pushed for our rights and such like.
At Scottish Water After my Apprenticeship i was tasked to look after a network of wastewater treatment plants, Covering some of the Fife area. It was my dutie to maintain and keep the plants operating at the enviromental safe peramitors set by SEPA Scotlands Enviromental Protection Agency, This frequently ment dismantiling and rebuilding and cleaning pipelines, pumps, screens, auto samplers. Cleaning streched throughout the whole site, inorder to maintain the process. – less
Result-driven organisation
Project Manager / Head Sustainability Initiative (Current Employee), UKFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: many options for career development
Cons: poor remuneration
A very challenging and result driven organisation. Big organisation with many career options.
TOP HEAVY MANAGEMENT
water inspector (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTAugust 13, 2013
Pros: pension scheme employee welfare
ALL IN ALL A PLEASENT PLACE TO WORK AND LEARN AS TIME WENT ON CERTAIN CHANGES WITHIN THE ORGANISATION WERE QUESTIONABLE TO SAY THE LEAST
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good pension. job security.
Cons: office politics.
-Successful understanding and implementation of Reasonable Cost Contributions agreements (RRC) with the goal to adopt agreed assets.
-Spent time daily with colleagues and customers engaging with them on – more... increasing their knowledge on numerous aspects; Water for Scotland and Sewers for Scotland.
-Co-coordinating, planning and approval of onsite infrastructure.
-Analysing data for pre and post flows for new proposed housing developments.
-Acted as statutory consul tee for planning reform legislation and (DIA) Development Impact Assessments.
-Preparation of workloads for framework and subcontractors.

I learned how to multitask various responsibilities as listed above on a daily basis while producing a high standard of work in accordance with Sewers/Water for Scotland (2nd edition). I learned about different types of water and wastewater treatment as well as management of these resources.

The co-workers were generally happy to share their personal knowledge and assist were possible however due to the size of the company and the complexity of the work there was competing issues.

The hardest part of the job is to ensure that you remain flexible while enforcing non-negotiable protocols. Departmental politics became a burden.

I personally enjoyed the challenge of learning new information about all apparatus but even more so I enjoyed the opportunity to improve upon existing systems and structures. In addition to this forging new relationships with internal and external stakeholders was a forte of mine as keeping these associations open and constructive was key in countless examples. – less
SW Review
Multi Skilled Electrical/mechanical craftsman (Current Employee), TaysideJune 30, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: not having the freedom to develop and progress in career
Excellent place to work. Hardest part of job is working with Raw sewage which can be very disgusting!

Co workers are excellent company and the job is very enjoyable, especially as I get to work outside a lot.
One of the worst companies you can ever encounter
Manager (Former Employee), GlasgowMarch 25, 2013
Pros: ideal for consultants, plenty of work
Cons: long and pointless meetings, incompetent staff
Long working hours, no accountability or responsibility, frustration with utter incompetence.
Bullying culture.
Best job I ever had. Excellent company, organised and learning was enjoyable.
Assistant Scientist (Former Employee), Invergowrie, Dundee, TaysideDecember 19, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: the laboratory being forced to move to edinburgh with loss of jobs.
I really enjoyed my time at Scottish Water. I learned so much about chemistry and how a proper lab should be run, with the day to day schedule. It made me more competent and confident in my role. I was sad to leave and made such good friends while there.
worthwhile
sewer response operative (Former Employee), glasgowNovember 20, 2012
Pros: resolving customer problems
Cons: the severe weather at times and long hours whilst on stand by week
started at 8am until 4pm unless you were on your standby week then you started monday 8am and finnished at 4 unless there were any emergency jobs your work came via laptop i learned how to deal with the – more... general public and resolve problems to their satisfaction the hardest part of the job was the weather as u were out in all weather the most enjoyable part of job was resolving customer problems and seeing a big smile on their face – less

About Scottish Water

Scottish Water supplies drinking water and waste water services to cities, towns, villages and farms all over Scotland. We have – Read more

Scottish Water Salaries