Scottrade, Inc Employee Reviews

Scottrade used to be a great place to work
Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 9, 2017
Scottrade is a poor place to work. Management changes very often, bonus and compensation plans change quarterly (not to the benefit of the employee).
Good place to work until
Investment Consultant (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 2, 2017
Good place to work until we got bought by TD Ameritrade. Now more than half of the branch are going to get cut and many people will lose their jobs due to merger.
Awesome work environment.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2017
Daily life working with The Benefits Team is not something that can be predicted, You have to be flexible and prioritize as to what task must be handled first and let your day flow. Our team is extremely cohesive and quick to assist one another if there is a challenge, which is often the case.Customer service is key, great pride is taken in providing up to date correct information in a timely manner. Problem solving is what we do best and love doing it!
Service Center Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 26, 2017
Scottrade has been a great place to work for the last 15 years. I am sad my career with Scottrade is ending but look forward to new opportunities! Here's to the next chapter!
Great place to work.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2017
Sorry the company sold. I would have stayed and finished my career with this company. Managers and co-workers all great to work with.The workplace is friendly and laid back.
Pros
People and managers are all great
company bought out
Senior Field Supervision Principal (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2017
great place to work, however the company was recently bought out. I am unsure of my current position so I am looking for opportunities outside the firm.
Going out of business
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2017
Scottrade was a great place to work but it has been acquired by TD Ameritrade and unfortunately is no more. Therefore, i cannot recommend anyone work there and a review is pointless.
Relaxed, laid back, team oriented, great place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
Very easy typical day at work. I learn something new everyday, management are helpful and easy going. The work culture is very diverse and the job is not hard at all . The most enjoyable part about the job is coming in to work it.
Pros
sometimes give free breakfast and lunches
Cons
Encouraging staff and fun environment; highly productive
Middle Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
Scottrade is an excellent company to work for. If it wasn't for the management I would still be there. There are many departments and some of them are not as well managed as others.
Pros
short days if you want to eat lunch at your desk. Awesome benefits and many giveaways
Cons
too much favoritism and unnecessary comparing of employees.
Great Experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2017
While working for the Scottrade Industries i learned to clean properly. I learn all the right chemicals to use to clean germs. Working for this company was a great experience. I got to see a lot of concerts and hockey games.
Pros
free entry to concerts
Cons
smell really bad going home
Great company, employee oriented
Senior Workstation Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
There is no company I would have rather worked for, unfortunately the St.Louis infrastructure will be going away. It was like working with friends and family. I had the opportunity to personally fix a few things for the president. If more company presidents were like him, more people would enjoy their jobs.
Pros
People, discounted trading fees
Cons
Company was bought out
Scottrade
Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Scottrade is getting Taken over by TD Ameritrade. Scottrade is a privately held company. I have worked at Scottrade over 10 years. the culture is great.
Not a lot of advancement across divisions
Test & Release Environment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2017
The salary scale was much lower at Scottrade and I was enticed by the recruiters to leave my previous job with the promise of upward advancement and large bonuses. The bonuses were smaller at Socttrade than my previous employer and they did not have a solid program for career advancement across divisions. IT departments often felt like silos instead of fostering teamwork across departments.
Scottrade
VBA Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2017
I worked as a VBA Developer at Scottrace and I was treated very well.
Arrived at work at 7:30 am and left at 4 pm, half hour lunch
I had good relationship with management.
I worked from a cubicle that was very nice.
The job was not hard at all.
I enjoyed the frequent Agile get meetings.
Pros
Cons
Had to live away from home.
Awesome Place to Work
Stock Receipt Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2017
I loved working here and wish I was still there. Best place I ever worked for, due to circumstances I am no longer there. They offer great pay, great benefits, and the work culture is very familial instead of a stiff office.
great place to work
Account transfers Data Entry, running OFACs (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2017
awesome place great people enjoyed what I was doing just hate that they are changing to TD Ameritrade and starting over but good luck to the companies future:) they where good as Scottrade and I'm sure they will do good as TD Ameritrade.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough varity
Great company to work for. Very friendly co workders
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2017
Great company to work for. The atmosphere is laid back and easy going. Benefits are very good here. The management team seems very helpful and willing to do what they can for you to be successful.
Great company and great leaders.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
Awesome place to work--running your own business without the risk. Been here many years and everyone is like a family to each other as far as helping others with anything they need help with, work related or not.
Good work/life balance.
Broker Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 13, 2017
The pay is below average, but the benefits are great. There is upward mobility and great work/life balance. You never have to do work outside of work.
Review
Tax Reporting and Cost Basis Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2017
I worked as an Intern in the Tax and Cost Basis Department. Very hardworking company that looks to meet and exceed client expectations in every step of the process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scottrade, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.