Scottrade, Inc

Scottrade, Inc Employee Reviews

SR. Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 26, 2016
Good work life balance. New Director shook things up a bit but everyone is recovering just fine. Rodger really cares and listens.
Customer Support
Platform Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Daily import of financial information into Portfolio Director which is a software package to track trading and portfolio performance of securities bought and sold through the NYSE.
Customers were always happy with my proposed solutions and my explanations of why I proposed the solutions.
Great workplace
FINANCIAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2015
Great workplace environment and benefits. They really value the employees ideas and feedback. I also like that the company still values pay for performance; we have still managed to receive bonuses through out the economic downturn in the economy.
Pros
Company cares about employees
Cons
Corporate headquarters in St. Louis
Good place and nice people
Database Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2015
Scottrade is good place and I make lots of friends there. Work flexible, the project is really good and everyone work positive.
Very great company
Stockbroker/Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2015
Scottrade allowed me the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. It is a great company to work for and I would recommend to anyone looking to get into the IT or Financial Industry.
Caring coworkers but insensitive managers
Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 7, 2015
Management is horrible not trustworthy at all. No room for advancement. Better not ever disagree with management you are black balled.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Poor pay and poor management
Great Company
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2015
Totally great company, for corporate associates, there are great opportunities for advancement. People work there are really nice.
Pros
benefit is good
Cons
benefit is too good
Small office with fun employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 16, 2015
Scottrade is a leader in on-line brokerage services. Of late, they have moved heavily into sales without much training of the long time employees. It was difficult to meet the minimum quotas put on each employee with the stipulations set forth. It truly became all about numbers with high minimums set. It was a pleasure to get to know and work with local clients. The office was staffed with 3 ladies that became very close over the years. Getting to know them and their families was a wonderful part of the job. Knowing we had each others back at work and outside of work was the greatest part of my job.
Pros
bonues
Cons
forced to sale
A very good place to work.
Branch Administration Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2015
This was my first office job! I greatly appreciated the work environment, the classes offered to enhance knowledge of my job and the industry, and the leadership of the organization. It was a positive work experience.
Very inviting place to work in.
Scottrade Advisor Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2015
A lot of room for opportunity. Opportunities will be presented to you as long as you work hard and maintain a positive attitude.
Bank is not a Everyday People Bank
Senior Margin Support Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2015
I felt UMB was not meant for the everyday person. The products, and rates were purposed towards the upper class. The management was not professional.
Pros
Co Workers, Pay
Cons
Lack variety of products, Lack locations
Great place, great people, lots of changes
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2015
The culture is great as are the people. Lots of changes and in the right area there is a lot of opportunity for growth/advancement.
Pros
People, Culture
Cons
Depends on the area in which you work whether or not there are advancement opportunities
Great Culture
Service Center Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJuly 27, 2015
Scottrade, Inc has a lot of incentives as an employer. (Cardinals tickets, Blues tickets etc) I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about the stock market.
Scottrade Inc.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2015
Scottrade Inc. has great benefits and a good bonus program. It's weak point is management; it tends to be weak or disconnected.
Productive and was able to watch cnbc
Intern (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 28, 2015
Processed deposits and Allocated funds to appropriate customer accounts
Reviewed financial products and services to Recommend to customers based on needs
Implemented and maintained daily record keeping procedures for branch
Productive and fun job culture
Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2015
The people I work with are amazing, I consider them family. I am very comfortable around them and don't hesitate to ask them any questions. The hardest part of my job is interpreting some of the tax paperwork I receive through email since some of it is hand written. The most enjoyable part of my job is without a doubt the culture and environment I work in.
Pros
Eat lunch at desk
Cons
Pay
Good Place
Investment Consultant (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2015
I started out as an intern and was hired on. It was my first job out of undergraduate, and have learned a lot. It has a good work and family balance.
Good work life balance
Senior Investment Consultant (Current Employee) –  floridaMay 12, 2015
Scottrade provides for a good work life balance and a good living income. The culture is good and promotes teamwork. There is not much room outside of St. Louis for promotion beyond a Branch Manager. There is a lot of micromanagement and change that provides difficulty throughout the work day.
****
Investment Consultant in the Orem (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTApril 16, 2015
A typical day at work in the branch involves opening accounts, assisting with walk-ins, taking inbound calls, making outbound calls and bringing in assets.
Great Trading Platform
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2015
This company has many great products available at little or no cost to it's clients. However, it seems their recent push away from customer service and towards increased revenue may be to complex of a business model for employees to effectively followthrough with.Additionally, they do provide great benefits that you would expect from companies of the past, but it seems they may not be able to survive in conjunction with modern business style.