Scottrade, Inc

Scottrade, Inc Employer Reviews

A company with a great culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Flushing, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: ability to adance career
I currently am a Branch Manager at Scottrade. I manage all supervisory aspects of the Branch as well as lead a team of Investment Consultants that help clients remove the barriers to financial success.
Good starting internship
Branch Intern (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJuly 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Daily administrative duties and assisting customers. Talked to clients in person and on the phone to answer basic questions.
Innovative Financial Environment
Administrative Compliance (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MissouriJuly 7, 2014
Excellent company to work for that understands work/family balance, innovative with financial programs and investment techniques, and unique in helping that independent financial investor excel with financial security.
Stable Company - No Commissions
Intern (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 25, 2014
Pros: good culture / stable
Cons: lower pay than industry norm
Best places to work Fortune 100 list every year. 8-5 job, no weekends. Deal with lots of customers - good and bad. Family owned and never lays people off.
Enjoyable co-workers with a concrete schedule
Intern (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 20, 2014
Office is small with three employees. Days were slow and this prompted bad management practices (spending company time viewing social media and YouTube videos). The hardest part of the position was dealing with the occasional unruly client. The most enjoyable aspect was the office environment.
Good work/life balance
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: close to home if you work at a local branch. rarely worked overtime, but if you did would get paid for the time worked.
Cons: low pay, sales focused
A typical day would be to start with backoffice responsibilities such as working margin calls, long/short reports and processing paperwork. Throughout the day, you would have to help clients that come into the office with opening accounts, investment education, answering various questions on investing, placing trades and gathering assets. Whatever free – more... time we have in between was spent making call to clients about various campaigns and to gathering further information on the clients. – less
great learning sport
Branch Intern (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 13, 2014
learned a lot and will use it in my future.
bloomberg
margin
acat
new accounts
cashiering
A great place to learn about the financial markets
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 5, 2014
Pros: the job is not difficult and rarely requires working past 5.
Cons: unless you are willing to move to st. louis the opportunity of advancement is limited.
Branch positions have been transitioning to sales positions for a while now. If you enjoy selling you may enjoy working here.
Investment Consultant Intern (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 3, 2014
Stock quoting, check deposits, customer relations and administrative duties.
Great Work/Life Balance
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, people you work with, work/life balance.
Cons: very stressful at different times of the year, most opportunities for advancement in st. louis
Normal day is spent getting to know the needs of clients to help them find the products or services they need to achieve their financial goals. Great place for growth, however, most opportunity for advancement is in St. Louis. People you work with are always willing to help. Lots of training is provided and benefits are great also.
intern position - nice gig if you can get it
Paid Internship (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible, allows the time for school, great opportunity to learn the basics of the financial industry
Cons: pay, limited amt of hours available to interns, not much opportunity for advancement beyound branch manager - unless you relocate to st. louis
High in customer service. When I left, the company was moving further into sales. Scottrade was an great co to work for, however, turnover is very high at this point. Many of the employees are not ready or equiped for the major changes that are happening. They seem to be phasing out interns.
Great Culture - Challenging Growth Strategy
AVP (Current Employee), St. LousMarch 23, 2014
Great people, great culture. Scottrade is working to transition from a big, small company to a small, big company and will have to determine its desired corporate culture - keep it or change it.
Fun work atmosphere.
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Addison, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: your co-workers
Cons: have to move to st. louis for much advancement
Great company that values it's employees. Very transparent in the business they conduct.
Good Company, But Losing Core Culture
Retail Bank Strategy Project Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2014
Company is a great company to work for, but the original family-like culture is becoming much more political and like a true corporate environment. The pay doesn't seem to be as competitive as other places, but the benefits are great.
Wonderful Place to Work
Financial Service Representive Trainee (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2014
Scottrade is a great place to work! The environment alone is very peaceful and the people are amazing!
great employer and good training available
Intern (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great training, friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough of a challenge
All of Scottrade staff was extremely friendly, encouraging and professional. Was a great place to do an internship, learning about online brokering and a step into the professional world. Scottrade is a great company to work for.
Good Company to work for
Financial Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOFebruary 10, 2014
Cares about their employees. Work is challenging. Management cares about their employees under them.
I improved myself in this company
AP New Account Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2014
I learned how to use multi-line phone system, CRI and other stock system.
My manager is very kind and nice,like a friend of mime.
I have a very good teamwork with my co-workers,we all from China,feels like a big family.
I did't find out the hardest part of my job yet,i like challenge myself, every time i learn some new things or complete a little bit – more... hard case i feel very enjoyable. – less
I am not allowed to make public comments about my company
Branch Manager / Stock Broker (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 8, 2014
I am not allowed to make public comments about my company per company policy.
Weee
INTERN (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 13, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable