Scotts Lawn Service Employee Reviews in United States

Awful Management, All Numbers Based
Lawn Tech (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 25, 2016
This job in all honestly was one of the worst jobs I've experienced in my life. I came in needing a job but I honestly wish I never would have joined. This is a complete numbers based company with unreal expectations. I worked almost every Saturday and half the overtime rate which converts to 4 dollars an hour! I have never met a more disorganized, classless company in my life. With only numbers and money on their mind and not their workers and customers this should be a company people stay FAR AWAY from! I was threatened my job by management when I had family emergencies and finally had enough.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor Management, Big Business, Money Driven, Poor Pay, Half the Overtime Rate
If you don't mind screwing people of their money to hit a goal this is the place for you
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2016
They give you a very high production goal but even if you hit that goal they want 300-500 additional just to get Saturday off. But when you interview they tell you as long as you hit your goal you are safe from Saturday or they don't work them at all. In order to hit their goals it forces you to screw people out of their money by cutting corners or ghosting lawns which they turn the blind eye to it as long as you bring back that number. Management is a Joke man only the service managers wouldn't recommend working here especially of you have a family.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Everything else
Stay away
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  tnApril 19, 2016
Was told we would work some weekends... turned out its every weekend. (60+ hours a week with no over time). Management will place you in a neighborhood that you are guaranteed to make 0 sales in and expect you to do well. If you don't make your d2d sales, when it gets dark you are in the office calling random people till 9:00pm. Management will lie to you and change their story around. Pay is okay but it's not worth any of the BS you have to put up with.
Pros
freedom of working on your own
Cons
it being a door to door poistion, poor management, over priced service, spend most your time waiting or filling out door hangers, placed in neighborhoods that have no business getting lawn service, if the weather is bad you conduct cold calls, 6 day work week and no overtime.
Scott's Lawn Service
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Stallings, NCJuly 25, 2016
I Loved the experience at Scott's Lawn Service. Everyone was welcoming. i Loved the job i was assigned to. Lawn Technician. The open rod and your destination. I also didn't mind answering any questions the customers may have had while i was working on their premises.
Solid Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14221July 24, 2016
If you're willing to put the work in you can easily hit your quota, it's pretty simple. The only real negative to this job is the walking, it definitely can take a toll on your legs and feet. Also it gets hot some times. The money makes it worth it in my opinion
stay away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2016
Youre trying to sell something that people can do on their own. the hours are not good and from my experience with the service it doesnt even work on your lawn. do not wast your time here. its a complete joke.
Pros
non
Cons
it just flat out sucks
Outside sales
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2016
This company has given me the tools and encouragement to succeed in this lawn care sales industry. I was shown the ropes over and over till I grasped them. My manager was very hands on and would always help me with any concerns. This has just been the best place to work and the management is top notch.
You will be asked to work a lot of hours and some Saturdays as well but the $ is well worth the hours, and the advancement opportunities are endless.
Pros
Management, structure, pay, bennifits
Cons
long hours in summer
terrible job
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 15, 2016
if you like to walk non stop all day every day and knock on random strangers house and try and sell them something have fun, oh and yes you will be the annoying sales man that interrupts peoples dinner
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2016
Good company to work for but I did not want to stay in the restaurant business my whole life so I got out. As a server you need to work mornings to make anything worth while. Plus you have to work every holiday so that stinks.
Productive fun work palce
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 22, 2016
Lead my team to achieve sales goals every month so that we can bonus. help client store bring is sales to buy our product. if we bonus we get checks.
Fun environment
Sales/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHApril 24, 2016
You have to be a self starter, management does not hover on you to do your job, you are expected to do it on your own. I loved all my co workers and management.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Overtime
Great atmosphere, but a live to work enviornment
Sales and Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Plain City, OHDecember 5, 2015
Wonderful people that you directly work with. Truly wonderful people. The company expects you to have possibly one day off a week with certain months of the year having 13 hour shifts everyday, with certain months of the year being allowed to have your vacation time, which isn't too much. The hours are unusual which will make it difficult to have any kind of home life or social life, or do anything outside of work, but thankfully the people you see daily are absolutely lovely.
Pros
The people, and the rate
Cons
Hours prevent life with family, or anything outside of work
Scott's Lawn Service is not a place to work if you have feelings at work
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2015
Long work hours/week. They WILL make you work every Saturday. Over-time is paid at a half hourly rate instead of the time + half-time format I am familiar with. One of managers I have encountered was very uneducated, impatient, condescending and quick to anger. I was threatened with physical violence when my performance was not where they wanted it to be. I was threatened outright by my trainer, vaguely threatened by my manager and belittled by half of the staff. I will never work for this company again.
Pros
They will pay you. It may not be that much but they do
Cons
Violent staff, constantly threatened with replacement, fear mongering and lack of education. The managers turn a blind eye to all of this.
Long hours no over time.
Lawn Tech (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 15, 2015
They expect you to hit ridiculous goals here so if you dont mind half assing a job in order to hit a goal then go for it. Other than that it wasn't too bad. I didn't like the chemicals always spraying around my face either(especially on those windy days)
Pros
No supervisor breathing down your neck all day
Cons
pretty long hours, work almost every weekend. overtime is only half time.
Territory Service Rep
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 10, 2016
If you don't mind working your a** off everyday with average compensation, then this job is for you. No room for advancement and very poor management from owner and supervisors. DEAD END JOB!
Pros
No supervision
Cons
Long hours for mediocre pay. Very poorly managed
A place to work
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 7, 2015
requires over a 12 hour work day plus Saturdays. Any time worked over 40 hours is NOT paid as overtime, but at a slim percentage of the jobs you work. Equipment constantly breaks down and rather than replace or fix it properly, they just slap duct tape the problem and hope it holds for as long as it can.
Pros
Cons
everything
manager xavier uses micro manages
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parker, CONovember 6, 2015
Worst managment. Use scare tactics. High turnover will hire many and fire many or get you to quit. Will send nasty emails then delete them quick. Does not lead he dictates. Hes a boss not a leader. If he wasnt the boss it be an awesome place to work. He plays favs. And lies about not working weekends.
Pros
Cons
start of sales resume
Great company to work for
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day was canvasing neighborhoods and selling lawn care
Out side sales
I enjoyed being outside and working physically
Pros
working outside
Great place to work.
Territorial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 11, 2015
This was a job that you can staying for a number of years, if you do not get hurt in it. The job is not that hard, you do the same thing every day, depending on the time of year it is, and then you go home and get to see your family. Some weekends, never holidays and good time off.
Good pay to start, long days, terrible methods
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDFebruary 11, 2016
Day started off loading truck with materials, keeping log for D.O.T and going about your day. GPS and laptop they give you was nice because it set u on fastest routes. The trucks you use are junk. The sprayers on the truck always clogged and got air pockets so you need to unreel 200 ft of hose then reel it back in everytime you spray at a house. When pushing granular fert, the spreaders always broke spilling product on customers lawns killing grass and throwing off your materials used numbers at end of day. Walk about 10 miles per day. Good excersie. Constantly sending you back to consumers house after they harass you off property. You even make a note that gets sent to corporate on ur laptop and they still send you to the house the next week. I guess you need to be a great salesman not a good worker. They will tell you you work mon-Fri and about 1 saturday a month.... you're there every satirday because unrealistic quotas. I was fortunate to work with great people. And yes, you're conning people. 70% of customers are carry overs from pervious years. Never signed up and you still have to bill them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Alot

2.9