Scotts Miracle Grow Company Employee Reviews

A good company everybody is friendly just wasnt what i was interested in
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCMarch 19, 2017
I liked the job youd haft to be there at 7am start working all the people were cool to work with it was assembly lines it was hard work being honest and it wasn't something i liked
Pros
Smoke in parking lot good environment
Cons
10 min breaks only 4
Low pay, cut mileage per diem, poor management
Merchandiser seasonal (Former Employee) –  MichignMarch 10, 2017
The company hired you and then takes away your travel per diem. They just started "tracking" you on GPS. Management lacks communication skills, ethics and ability to cooperate with others. Pay is not great and when they cut travel money you may as well look for another job. Working in the stores is fine u til you have a manager breathing down your neck. They run a business that "bullies" and blames seasonal employees for its sales.

If you need a job, I would look elsewhere.....not worth your time. You will not advance despite their saying you will. People stay in these positions for a long time and only get five to six months of work. Terrible.
Pros
Some independence
Cons
Pay, management, no future, get blamed
Great place to work good people and they make you fill like a family
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAMarch 3, 2017
This job is a great place to work love the people everyone shows up with a smile on there face and ready to work hard the company makes you fill very comfortable
Hard work but great atmosphere
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Short hours, hard work, great people. Being a seasonal job, there were few hours to go around and being new you're the first to go, but that's how most places work. Really enjoyed my time working there and it provided myself with priceless knowledge.
Great !
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Well run organization and the co-workers are outstanding, look forward to working with them for a long time. Great leadership, with great a great organization.
Pros
Cons
Travel
great place to work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
it was a great place to work and i enjoyed going to work every morning. i really enjoyed my freedom and worked alone and at a very fast pace. i wish the franchise wasnt bought out
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
end of season
Well run.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  naples flJanuary 21, 2017
Scotts was always at the top of their game. Everything was always laid out in a very coherent way. They also took very good care of their employees.
Best in the business
Master Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 6, 2016
I've worked for this company for over a year now. While most positions are seasonal this company has looked out for both its customers and those staff time and time again.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
A lot of seasonal positions. Would prefer fulltime
Seasonal sales rep & merchandiser
Sales Representative and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 26, 2016
This is a good company to work for, if you are looking for a seasonal job. Long hours some weeks, shorter hours others, but very flexible within your schedule.
Pros
Good workout, good people to work with.
Cons
Short season for seasonal work.
Great Place to Work/Alot long days and hours, but seasonal.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIApril 23, 2015
Management is strong in training, quotas not difficult to reach. Large ability to earn great money with strong selling. commission's fair.Mileage fair. overall a great experience, downside is long days and hours Mon. through sat. Only Sundays off.
Great Company
Global Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 22, 2013
Co-workers were great team players and everyone assisted each other achieve overall goal.
good seasonal job but not for lazy people
Merchandiser/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2013
if your over 40 they will not advance you. co workers good. I am Merchandiser in lowes and Home depot. they hire management which have no experience. when sales are down the just fire them and get someone new. Most enjoyable part of the job is freedom.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
seasonal . no advancement
I really enjoy this type of work. I get to interact with the public and work with a great group of people.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 3, 2012
I normally arrive around 7am and log in at store locations that require that I do so. I check all of our product displays and make sure they are well stocked, neat in apperance and clean. I have learned quite a bit about how a merchandiser position works. You may have to go to several locations in one day. My manager and co-workers have been very helpfull to me and have been great to work with. I would say the hardest part of this job is at the end of the day I'm pretty worn out but I enjoy a job where I keep moving. No sit down all day jobs for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and helping them find what they need. I try to get them to tell me exactly what there needs are so that I can help them find the products that are best for them. I have no problem talking to the public and I have been told by some of my customers that they enjoyed talking with me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotts Miracle Grow Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5