SCOTTS Employee Reviews

Fun workplace that was engaging.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2017
I was tasked with educating consumers on our products while also making sure all displays were presentable. I would print out labels for items and make sure they corresponded correctly in the computer.
A great place for letting all employees to express and take chances for the benefit of the company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove,ILFebruary 4, 2017
Working for Scotts was a great experience. They allowed each individual to spread their wings and take those chances to help forward the business. Encouraging the outside the box thinking brought a lot of great ideas to forefront and build the company up in a shorter period of time.
Not a bad place to work in the field.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 13, 2016
Good to work in the field, office atmosphere is bad, no direction or training. Management varies depending on your job title and where you work at. Co-workers were split.
Pros
Cons
No training
Long Established Company
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, CTSeptember 21, 2016
Enjoyed working this job as a seasonal position, wished it would of become a permanent position. Enjoyed working with the the transportation side of the business.
job sucks
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 26, 2016
no chance too grow horrible management you come home smelling like manure and they work you like a dog. bad management cool employees horrible bosses horrible benefits hardly ever give raises
Fast Paced Work Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHAugust 25, 2016
Very faced paced work atmosphere. Typically work over 40 hrs/week. Great benefits. High turnover leads to loss of information.
Sales position
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2016
This is a mediocre sales job. They promise you the world to get you hired on and they do not follow through with any of it. Management has a serious problem with females. There were zero females promoted the entire time I worked there. Males were promoted every year, even if they were horrible or dishonest at their job.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
horrible management!!!!! Long hours, you work every Saturday for under minimum wage.
Seasonal temporary job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Medway, MEJune 27, 2016
Good place if you are between jobs. No way to earn a living or raise a family. people were pretty good.
Pros
good safety
Cons
No benefits
Good company, depending on your Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonApril 21, 2016
SMG is the global leader in the consumer lawn and garden category.
Struggles with same issues as any large company trying to stay productive.
Great
Forklift Operator /Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasSeptember 3, 2015
Company is very supportive of employees. Great benefits and pay to make sure all employees are taken care of. The co workers are very dependable.
will never go back.......
Line Puller (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARSeptember 1, 2015
This is a job for someone right out of school or with no kids or family. Low paying job people are not clean breakroom smiles.
It was creepy the people that worked there made me nervous it was my a temp job I've never really had a job before.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Independence, ORAugust 26, 2015
I had no idea what kind of job it was so I didn't know what kind of temp job it was. I didn't really learn anything. I did learn how to use a sealing bag machine. The hardest part was getting potting soil all over me it was a really gross job.
Pros
I got a free drink and the pay was really good.
Cons
short breaks
No comunication and not secure job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLJuly 15, 2015
I was working there for 3 years and they told me to apply for the company and after couples of day they let me go I was doing 2 persons job.
not available
Flatbed Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 24, 2015
In the short time that I worked there, the workers work together to help see that you are successful in doing your job. A great place to work.
Pros
Free soda for not having accidents, and they will work with you if you need a day off because there is a lot of overtime.
Cons
12hrs 7 days a week
The grass is much greener somewhere else!
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Forget everything you know about honesty and integrity when you accept your job offer from Scotts Lawn Service in Elgin. A typical day at work is making about 200+ outbound calls to customers who have previously rejected service or up-selling existing customers. You will be on an automatic dialer talking to people who have already been called and called and called. Management only cares about sales numbers for the day and going golfing. The hardest part of this job is working 70+ hours a week, only getting paid for 40 (besides commission) and never seeing your friends or family. The environment is very deceptive, dog eat dog and you will be thrown under the bus. Lies and false hopes are the norm. The most enjoyable part of this job was the last time i walked out the door.
Hard work place but interesting
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAFebruary 20, 2015
the work days started early in the morning, work lasted from 6a.m to 5 p.m. The management could be better but the co-workers are very easy going and helpful guys. The hardest part of the job was operating the palletizer.
Pros
Great hours and pay
Cons
short breaks, harsh environment
very fast paced office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, CTOctober 29, 2014
had to pay attention to details, very busy office, great people to work for and with. it was great to work with people from all over.
Pros
great co-worksers and always busy
Cons
dusty
we had goals to reach everyday and we would be rewarded
sales.tech.estimates (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILAugust 19, 2014
I would load my truck do a pre trip inspection and get all my paper work ready to head out and tried to make the most money every week
Pros
my own work truck
Cons
not enough pay
Great Company
Merchandizing Rep (Current Employee) –  Central, CTAugust 18, 2014
Great Job, but only seasonal. Great coworkers and good management all around. If you are able to obtain a permanent position with Scotts you will be happy. It is a great company to work for.
management not knowing what they are doing
injection specialist (lead) (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 4, 2014
if u want to get terminated after 30 years work for them .u do not need to know the job just kiss some@#$%#
Pros
safty lunch
Cons
they have no idea about maintenance