Scottsdale Healthcare

Scottsdale Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

A wonderful place to work
PCT II/Patient Advocate Preop/PACU/ RCC (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 26, 2016
The Piper Outpatient Surgical center is truly one of a kind place to work. Everyone of us worked well together and each worked department cohesively, from registration to recovery. My manager and the OR manager are great people and perform their job very well. It is very difficult to get into that department, but once you do, you will not want to leave
Pros
Fun place to work even when we were tired
Cons
Hard to get into that department
Great
RN (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 23, 2015
Good employer with great benefits package. Management fostered team spirit. Salary within industry norms. Excellence in patient care, particularly trauma services.
Down to earth, patient oriented
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2015
In Phlebotomy I got to meet a variety of patients and worked with interesting people. As registering became more difficult for patients (shorter hours, less convenient placement) out patients became agitated and numbers dwindled. I enjoyed my regulars and many stopped coming in because of this. frequent manager/policy changes. Despite all of this I did enjoy my job and only left because of family health problems.
Positive environment to work in.
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  scottsdale, arizonaJuly 15, 2015
Everyone was upbeat and positive at SHC. I learned new platforms for transcription. The hardest part of the job were days when I found it difficult to understand what was being dictated. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of knowing I had sent a report that was going to assist in top notch patient care.
Great place to work.
Patient Advocate patient financial counselor (Former Employee) –  Shea and Osborn CampusesJune 7, 2015
I wish I'd never left! Management and staff were always there to help. You felt a part of a big family the opportunities to advance and or change departments is always encouraged.
great place to work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale ArizonaMay 11, 2015
It was a great place to work, my department closing was my only reason for leaving. great pay, good benefits, transcription department coworkers were great
Pros
great pay
Cons
The ER was a fast-paced, exciting place to work for a long time.
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2015
In the beginning, it was great. Patients came first and the goal was to admit them, get them treated, and discharge them. Then management changed and made it a "collection agency", not taking in the human aspect of the job. Coworkers were hard workers and all ages. It was enjoyable meeting patients and learning about medicine.
Pros
good benefits, various shifts to choose from, chance for overtime pay, fun
Cons
turned a hospital into a bank
Best Facility I ever had the priviledge of working for!
PRN-on call (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale ArizonaApril 13, 2015
I can't say enough about the level of training I received from SCH during my "Clinicals " and to have worked PRN for them was a great privilege!
Pros
development of skils, training, variety of work situations
Teamwork
REGISTERED NURSE ED (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 3, 2015
Teamwork was strong. Respect was expected for all individuals. With limited resources due to the size of hospital, all employees banned together to give great patient care.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No breaks
Comparative to other Hospitals in the area
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZMarch 23, 2015
Comparative to other Hospitals in the area. Benefits have gotten worse, more workload, less pay. No loyalty to long term employees.
Pros
co-workers good, tuition reinbursement
Cons
benefits have gotten worse, more workload, less pay
Excellent organization
Manager of department (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2015
Worked with different departments including construction, outside leasing brokers, physician growth network - great company.
Pros
great supervisor and support; team members
Cons
Interesting place to work but not very progressive
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2015
My co-workers are great. However, there are some people that have worked here for over 20 years and I think they hold back change and progression. Senior management and the direction of the business are constantly changing. The technology is old as we are still on Windows XP.
Cons
healthcare
I love a positive high energy position with patient and/or people interaction
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaMarch 8, 2015
I am looking for a people / patient oriented position with lots of positive, challenging, and a professional environment. I have eighteen years of experience in hospital, insurance, physician and hospital reimbursement focus; I have completed complex chemotherapy authorizations, as well as helping navigate patients around the insurance system. I love working with people and helping patients, I also enjoy creating a positive interaction with everyone I meet.

The hardest part of anything I have done professionally is dealing with the death of my patients; when I grow to know and love these wonderful, inspiring people, they become a part of my life and this is how I have learned to cope with the losses.

I love working with positive coworkers - I am a glass 1/2 full type of girl, so I am able to overcome difficult situations and cope with very stressful situations simultaneously.
Pros
being able to attend learning seminars, and drug development dinners etc.
Cons
negativity...i do not work well in a negative based environment.
staff over worked, and under paid terrible managment lack of leadership in general
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  scottsdale,azMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co workers that stuck around, There is a very large turn around here for a reason. A lack of leadership and general disregard for employee satisfaction has lead to this hospital system being completely understaffed due to a very large turn around. The average stay for an employee in the lab was about 3 months. I went though about 4 managers and 2 lab directors with in my two year stay at this company. There was a large amount of over time to be had do to the lack of staff. Most of the staff that did stay worked per Diem and had other full time jobs.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lack of leadership, staff, and budget, high turnaround
Temp (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale HealthcareFebruary 26, 2015
The staff was great and they help you in any aspect of the job. The work flow was smooth and they really had great work ethics.
Supportive management
RN, Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 21, 2015
Supportive management whom value continual professional growth.Magnet recognized organization which provides competitive nursing wages and benefits. Low nursing turn-over due to excellent management and high autonomy.
Pros
available resources to efficiently care for patients
Cons
nurse-patient ratios
Great people to work with
Nursing Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2015
My last title was Clinical Director of Osborn Oncology services. The unit was 35 private beds. A typical day was insuring staffing for the future shifts while working within a given budget. Pt and family rounds to assure excellent patient care. Attend strategic meetings as required.
Pros
great people, solid company
Cons
healthcare reform
great benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2015
great system to work for . flexible with schedule . floor supervisors are great as well. a great place for learning especially if you are new in the field .
changes due to merger with Lincoln make my review out of date
Database administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 28, 2015
The combined Scottsdale Healthcare and John C Lincoln now Scottsdale Lincoln will have a totally different corporate culture from what I enjoyed at Scottsdale Healthcare. I cannot say how it will be. I always had good managers an enjoyed working there.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
depends upon location
How can I help?
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Totally a mind blowing experience working for Circle K. Customers of all ethnicity, and classes all need exactly the same thing. YOU! Normally, a one man show Circle K trains employees diligently and efficiently. There is no time for dawdling in this High traffic job.
Pros
convienience, job stability, excitement
Cons
crime rate, long hours standing.