Scottsdale Healthcare

Scottsdale Healthcare Employer Reviews

coder
Out patient coder (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 30, 2013
I am currently coding Endo charts and ED charts. SHC is a good place to work. They are family friendly.
interesting collaboration(s) for positive experience and outcomes
HUC, Staffing Coordinator, C N A/PCT (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2013
Pros: intelectually stimulating professionally and personally
Cons: left to pursure further education and family values etc
Opportunity for many experiences both education/as mentor/and personal. Fast exillerating ER/Trauma; coordination of staff/client census ratio in Staffing and relate to the functions of core cares per nursing unit. Fly by the seat of your pants...through effective communication all entities worked. The hardest part was leaving when I moved states away – more... to continue my education and care for elderly parent. However, the staff especially the ER physciain group, were very encouraging and suportive of my values and cultural decision. – less
Great values and outlook for future of healthcare
RN Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 17, 2013
Nurse-patient ratio is fair while the staff is very willing to lend a hand. Managers are knowledgeable.
Company got A for Effort
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2013
Its almost like the company as a whole tried really hard but never delivered like they had hoped for. I worked in shoe department and felt that the meetings were not motivating and pushed not driven. The hardest part was everyone attitude was that nobody wanted to be there.
Not a good place to work.
n/a (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: some co-workers are great.
Cons: pay, hr, supervisors, managers
This company has no growth lying managers HR sucks . If your minority do not work for this place you would be better of going to Labor Ready. If you suck up you wont get no where they will hire someone with not qualified, and tell you that you should go to school when your more than qualified. This company is full of BS.
Positive and exceptional company to work for!
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Scottsdale and TatumAugust 22, 2013
Pros: cont. education, medical and dental and growth
Cons: distance, it was a long commute for me
I have learned a lot and experienced more than I could have ever dreamed of. I was encouraged to advance my skills with company training as well as supported in continuing education.
I had a wonderful manager and set of supervisors and a team I will forever love.
I had a great experience and loved my job with SHC
Very Organized
Volunteer Services (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free range of time
Cons: the expirance of being with the patients
When volunteering I was always doing something whether it was taking a patient outside to be discharged or taking equipment to lab and making sure they were on time.
Cashiering at the gift shop was a great experience.
The most best part of my job was taking care of the patients that needed our help.
We are a very customer friendly place to work, it is our initive to give the best patient experience to all our customers.
EVS Supervisor II (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2013
Pros: it is a learning experience every day and it is rewarding
Cons: always working short staff-but we get through it
1.Usually work a 10 hour shift; rounding with staff, patients and customers, run reports, time card updates, staffing schedules, work with outside vendors.
2.I have learned alot about the EVS department in a hospital and how this department is just as important as a doctor or nurse, because we save lives, too.
3.I am a great leader as I have learned – more... alot from my boss over the past five years on leadership
4.My co-workers are very supportive as we work together as a team
5.Getting your employees to work every day-we have a lot of staff that call off; other than that every day is a new challenge and learning experience
6.Working with the patients, hospital team my all departments and my team – less
A great place to work.
Advanced Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: requiring more school to do same job.
I have been a part of a great team with Scottsdale Healthcare. I have worked the night shift. I have enjoyed my job/career with SHC.
Good People, Poor Management
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Shea CampusJuly 24, 2013
Pros: lower level employees are very nice
Cons: poor management, selective enforcement of policies, non existent hr
Well I would not in any way recommend any one to work for this place under the present management system.

You would not believe the half baked manager for this department and how he will only apply policy to those he does not like and that is realistically everyone.

Be careful of the "team norms" clause because if he does not like you that is how – more... he will get you fired.

HR ? Really? Non existent for employees and don't even think about appealing a managers decision because that will never work and the manager is always right even though they have no clue what they are doing.

If you are looking for a career in the Healthcare Industry this is no place to start. – less
Productive fun to work with.
Head Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 16, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers and staff
Cons: really none
Great place to work. Staff were awesome and enjoyed practicing my landscaping and ground maintenance skill.
Dedicated staff to the patients we serve
Practice Manager Oncology Clinical Trials (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good people to work with across departments
The most enjoyable part of the job is when our team can tell a patient that their cancer is in remission after previous treatments had failed them. The hardest part of the job is keeping us financially sustainable with healthcare cuts, increased uninsured, and budget cuts in clinical trials.

My staff are committed to patients. They truly care about – more... them and go above and beyond to provide them the most compassionate care. My team also cares about each other and supports one another. We have lots of potlucks and staff activities! – less
If you like Lame HR and policies about Pantyhose - this place is for you!
Corporate Legal (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2013
Pros: the hospitals
Cons: disorganized strategy and an ancient hr philosophy
The main staff is great and the care provided is good in spite of disconnected executives - don't plan on ever seeing any of them, they're probably at their beach house.

The head of HR is the executive equivalent of an outdated prune and the HR staff seem to mindlessly follow. If you like policies about wearing pantyhose to work, a culture that distrusts – more... all employees and an HR that operates like its 1982, Scottsdale Healthcare is for you. Look elsewhere for a progressive company. – less
Level 1 trauma center was always exciting.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2013
Pros: exciting cases, saving patients lives.
Cons: when it was bust you were often worked tirelessly. the nature of a trauma center
Great place to work. If I had not moved I would still be working there.
Life as a PTR
Practical Technologist of Radiology (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: downsized my position
I worked as a limited scope Practical Technologist in Radiology for 4 years, until they downsized the position. I enjoyed working the 2nd shift and was able to gain level 1 trauma experience and work with excellent coworkers.
Based on what I've learned about cleaning at a hospital environment? The job did not meet my standards for being clean and sanitized environment.
Specialist-Janitor/Linen Worker (Former Employee), Thompson Peak CampusMay 27, 2013
Pros: our two breaks were combined which gave us a 1/2 hour for breakfast, and 1/2 hour for lunch.
Based on my background in cleaning I consider myself to be very detailed in my work. I received many compliments from patients and the medical staff at this facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the patients and attend to their needs. Make their hospital stay exciting and acknowledge each patient as a person versus an illness.

Accommodate – more... every patient, supply clean linens, paper products, and dispose of trash on a daily basis, clean and sanitize their room/ Meeting each patient on a daily basis while conducting our job duties was the most rewarding job a person in housekeeping department.

The hardest part of the job was not receiving the 90 day evaluation I was entitled to when I accepted the position. In addition, when a company is understaffed, such as Scottsdale Healthcare, it only complicates and allows the company to fail in what their expectations of trying to meet the needs of providing quality customer service to their patients. – less

June 11, 2013

Just visit any restroom at the hospital and you'll see how unclean it really is.

Fast paced work enviroment
Data entry for all calls (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2013
Pros: ability to wear shorts to work
Cons: shift and long commute
Enjoyed working as a guard then in dispatch. Learned how each department works together in a large 3 campus setting.

May 25, 2013

They can and will find something to use against you, It is only a matter of time. Even though it may not be true is of little concern to them. It may take 15 years, as it did in my case, but unless you become their "kiss but" favorite, do not count on retiring from there.

Be careful working at SHC
Case Manager (Former Employee), SheaApril 8, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: good old boy system.
The culture at SHC is not what you know, but who you know. Many incompentent managers and supervisors, some with little if any education past high school. I have heard that the new office building that SHC has purchased and moved into at Via Ventura, is back door only entry for employees. Are we back to segregation??? I guess because the big wigs are – more... in that office, they only use the front door! – less

May 25, 2013

Having worked @ SHC for 15 years I have found this review/description to be VERY accurate. Beware! While SHC had good benefits, they reward their favorites and literally have other employees or co-workers "spy" on you to try to find some way they can eliminate you, even if it means blowing it out of all proportions. While I was there, whenever any new position of department of facility opened up, it was always for the "Cream-of-the Crop" Employees, which is code for "favorite". Management, especially lower level is quite incompetent and lets the "power & authority" they hold go to their heads.

Stressful Environment
Part time Phlebotmist (Former Employee), Osborn CampusApril 7, 2013
Pros: a hand full of co workers will become life long friends
Cons: favoritism, over worked, unappreciated, and stressful enviornment
I worked the night shift at SHC Osborn Lab for two years averaging 108 hrs/ bi-weekly the first year & about 106 hrs/bi-weekly the second as a part time employee. I was passed up for the full time position and it was given to a less skilled and less dedicated employee that had an attendance issue as a part timer (often calling off for various reasons). – more... I was let go due to 5 occurrences of absentees; Three of which were a direct result of a miscarriage and other health issues (which I presented a doctors note for) and one occurrence which I requested off to attend a family members funeral out of town. When I inquired about why these events weren't being taken into consideration, I was told, "It doesn't matter". So I demanded a copy of my termination papers and file a complain with the EEOC, and it is currently being investigated.

I was over worked, underpaid, and unappriciated.

Not everyone was held to the same standard and if management staff does not like you, they will find a reason to reprimand or terminate you. Just check with the EEOC and see the list of complaints and settlements made on behalf of former employees. From racism, hostile work environments, and unfavorable working conditions this place has quite the reputation. The EEOC settled 7 cases in a 11 month span behind discrimination. This is to a place you should invest your livelyhood in. Definitely a stepping stone for lessons hard learned but definitely not somewhere I would advise to stay for long. – less

May 25, 2013

They give good medical care to their patients and offer good benefits, but look out! There is no way in knowing in their warped sense of reality what is fair and what is unjust. I worked there for 15 years and although I was a full time scheduled employee, if they needed someone because another employee was out for some reason, I was the one to call. That grew old and when I would not come at their summons because I had done my time, that angered them and they decided to use it against me. I wished I had thought about the EEOC, maybe it is not too late. Justice must be served to these people!

Case management is managed by a women who has been fired from other hospitals
case manger (Current Employee), Osborn CampusMarch 14, 2013
Cons: the management team
In Case Management at the Osborn campus the 2nd in charge is so stupid. No one in her department listens to her or respects her. She is a laughing joke. She only got the job because she is a yes person. The supervisor is a huge liar. She brings her granddaughter into work and keeps her in her office all day instead of hiring a baby sitter. This management – more... team does not support their hard working team. There is lots of staff leaving because they are overworked and not supported including me. Do NOT work for this team at the Osborn campus. – less

About Scottsdale Healthcare

See more. Do more. Get more. Learn something new every day. Work on once-in-a-lifetime cases and make a real difference.

Scottsdale Healthcare Photos