Scottsdale Healthcare

Scottsdale Healthcare Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to work...staff works well with each other and within diverse departments. Medical staff is among the best in the US!! Administration truly cares about their employees happiness!
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Tech/Buyer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: sometimes more help was needed
We all where very busy,
sometimes extra help was needed.
My co-works where the best.
My boss was very supportive
FUN ENVIRONMENT, HARDWORKING PEOPLE
Diet Representative-Food Service (Current Employee), SCOTTSDALE, AZJanuary 13, 2014
I LOVE MY JOB EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND WILLING TO HELP IF YOU NEED HELP. WE ARE TRULY A TEAM IN THIS KITCHEN.
Great
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), ScottsdaleDecember 19, 2013
Great patient care and the people are friendly. Even though it's a stressful job, working with nice people makes a difference.
Discharge patients, bring to proper Department
Volunteer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2013
A typical day volunteering would include discharging patients, bringing patients to proper departments, bringing specimens to the lab, bringing medications to and from the pharmacy.
SHC. Transporter / Dispatcher / CTL Supervisor (Former Employee), CTL DeptNovember 20, 2013
Very please with the 11 years I worked there. Would recommend Scottsdale Healthcare to anybody
RN Supervisor
RN Supervisor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 19, 2013
Pros: working all aspects of both staff nurse and middle management
Cons: discipline actions with staff members
Review staffing needs/Report from off going Supervisor/RN - Announcements, Patient/Bed Meeting/Assign surgical patients/flex in/out of count according to staffing matrix. Swat throughout day, insert IV's, give medications, enter orders, assist with physician order entry. Ongoing clarification on patient status with case management. Keeping Nurse Manager – more... abreast on day to day activities. Co-ordinate with all RN's/PCT's/secretary regarding patient care and patient movement. Attend committee meetings as required. – less
wonderful place to work
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 30, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: stress i put on myself
challenging
be happy with yourself
understanding
contracts
opening the windows
coder
Out patient coder (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 30, 2013
I am currently coding Endo charts and ED charts. SHC is a good place to work. They are family friendly.
interesting collaboration(s) for positive experience and outcomes
HUC, Staffing Coordinator, C N A/PCT (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2013
Pros: intelectually stimulating professionally and personally
Cons: left to pursure further education and family values etc
Opportunity for many experiences both education/as mentor/and personal. Fast exillerating ER/Trauma; coordination of staff/client census ratio in Staffing and relate to the functions of core cares per nursing unit. Fly by the seat of your pants...through effective communication all entities worked. The hardest part was leaving when I moved states away – more... to continue my education and care for elderly parent. However, the staff especially the ER physciain group, were very encouraging and suportive of my values and cultural decision. – less
Great values and outlook for future of healthcare
RN Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 17, 2013
Nurse-patient ratio is fair while the staff is very willing to lend a hand. Managers are knowledgeable.
Company got A for Effort
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2013
Its almost like the company as a whole tried really hard but never delivered like they had hoped for. I worked in shoe department and felt that the meetings were not motivating and pushed not driven. The hardest part was everyone attitude was that nobody wanted to be there.
Not a good place to work.
n/a (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: some co-workers are great.
Cons: pay, hr, supervisors, managers
This company has no growth lying managers HR sucks . If your minority do not work for this place you would be better of going to Labor Ready. If you suck up you wont get no where they will hire someone with not qualified, and tell you that you should go to school when your more than qualified. This company is full of BS.
Positive and exceptional company to work for!
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Scottsdale and TatumAugust 22, 2013
Pros: cont. education, medical and dental and growth
Cons: distance, it was a long commute for me
I have learned a lot and experienced more than I could have ever dreamed of. I was encouraged to advance my skills with company training as well as supported in continuing education.
I had a wonderful manager and set of supervisors and a team I will forever love.
I had a great experience and loved my job with SHC
Very Organized
Volunteer Services (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free range of time
Cons: the expirance of being with the patients
When volunteering I was always doing something whether it was taking a patient outside to be discharged or taking equipment to lab and making sure they were on time.
Cashiering at the gift shop was a great experience.
The most best part of my job was taking care of the patients that needed our help.
We are a very customer friendly place to work, it is our initive to give the best patient experience to all our customers.
EVS Supervisor II (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2013
Pros: it is a learning experience every day and it is rewarding
Cons: always working short staff-but we get through it
1.Usually work a 10 hour shift; rounding with staff, patients and customers, run reports, time card updates, staffing schedules, work with outside vendors.
2.I have learned alot about the EVS department in a hospital and how this department is just as important as a doctor or nurse, because we save lives, too.
3.I am a great leader as I have learned – more... alot from my boss over the past five years on leadership
4.My co-workers are very supportive as we work together as a team
5.Getting your employees to work every day-we have a lot of staff that call off; other than that every day is a new challenge and learning experience
6.Working with the patients, hospital team my all departments and my team – less
A great place to work.
Advanced Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: requiring more school to do same job.
I have been a part of a great team with Scottsdale Healthcare. I have worked the night shift. I have enjoyed my job/career with SHC.
Good People, Poor Management
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Shea CampusJuly 24, 2013
Pros: lower level employees are very nice
Cons: poor management, selective enforcement of policies, non existent hr
Well I would not in any way recommend any one to work for this place under the present management system.

You would not believe the half baked manager for this department and how he will only apply policy to those he does not like and that is realistically everyone.

Be careful of the "team norms" clause because if he does not like you that is how – more... he will get you fired.

HR ? Really? Non existent for employees and don't even think about appealing a managers decision because that will never work and the manager is always right even though they have no clue what they are doing.

If you are looking for a career in the Healthcare Industry this is no place to start. – less
Productive fun to work with.
Head Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 16, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers and staff
Cons: really none
Great place to work. Staff were awesome and enjoyed practicing my landscaping and ground maintenance skill.
Dedicated staff to the patients we serve
Practice Manager Oncology Clinical Trials (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good people to work with across departments
The most enjoyable part of the job is when our team can tell a patient that their cancer is in remission after previous treatments had failed them. The hardest part of the job is keeping us financially sustainable with healthcare cuts, increased uninsured, and budget cuts in clinical trials.

My staff are committed to patients. They truly care about – more... them and go above and beyond to provide them the most compassionate care. My team also cares about each other and supports one another. We have lots of potlucks and staff activities! – less

About Scottsdale Healthcare

See more. Do more. Get more. Learn something new every day. Work on once-in-a-lifetime cases and make a real difference.

Scottsdale Healthcare Photos