Scottsdale Healthcare

Scottsdale Healthcare Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZOctober 6, 2014
It was nice. I worked hard and made a difference in our patient's lives.
Great co-workers
MSN-L, RN, (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: limited opportunites for advancemant
Above average, 12 nights, great employees, shifts too long, want 8 hour shift, great patients.
great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 9, 2014
Pros: happy positive people
Cons: was far from where i lived but worth it.
I enjoyed working for them. also helped build better work techniques .
fun place to work and meet a different challenge each day
Diet Representative (Former Employee), scottsdale arizonaAugust 5, 2014
Pros: helping others......
Cons: being timed how long we took, not having to have water bottles on carts, unfairness with the management
I was either taking the paitents breakfast lunch dinner orders via computer as some people did not like using the tv to order there meals or were on a special diet i could advise them there choices they could eat...

I also ran the carts to the rooms with there meals help setting them up comfortably,always giving a geniune smile....and making sure all that they ordered was on there tray....sometimes even a hug as i worked every part of the hospital from cancer floor to maternity ward etc...even ICU.....the hardest part was seeing death everyday...seeing people with noone to visit i always gave them more attention...also we walked between 16 to 20 miles in an 8 hour shift,,,

the joy was hearing stories from the older people...seeing the brand new moms and there babies...but my favorite floor was the cancer floor...these people were the nicest of them all...there in pain...hair gone etc..but there belief in there higher person always made me walk away feeling humbled by there fight for life without anger...i know i touched alot of hearts...as they did mine.....
productive need to more diversity
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), OsbornAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: pay
Working here is good you get a great experience the work environment is ok less gossip would be awesome! Wish the nurses would get off there high horses and help the cnas also hiring more different cultures wouldn't hurt either but they say they don't discriminate yeah right huh look around looks that way to me! But overall good place!
Overcome and Adapt
ER Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: beautiful facility, tuition reimbursement, good benefits
Cons: not as culturally diverse as some of my other employers
Scottsdale Healthcare I must admit was one of my most favorite jobs. In the 3 years that I was with Scottsdale Healthcare, I grew and learned so much not just about healthcare but about myself too.
There was a lot of "firsts" for me when I started in the ER, such as my first active heart attack, my first code blue, my first pediatric code blue and my first gun shot wound.
The most exciting part for me was we never knew what was coming through the front door or when, we just had to be ready for what ever presented itself to us. Over Come and Adapt, was how we succeeded each challenge, the staff was the perfect example of "teamwork".
I grew confidence in myself, my education and my ability to do my job and do it well, this self realization has carried me through other positions as well as my associates degree and currently through my bachelors.
BLAH
Janitor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2014
I liked working there at first but then it got ridiculous and the management was rude
Excellent organization
On Call Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2014
Excellent location. CM Team is experience and work environment is friendly
I work on sterilization equipment
Biomedical Technician Sterilization (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2014
I work on sterilization equipment.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance, repairs and installations of sterilization systems, as well as the repair and maintenance of operating room specialty tables and lights. Also repairs and maintains the medical gas delivery systems and their associated plumbing. Knowledgeable in the properties and potential hazards of steam and live electrical and electronic circuits and systems, as incumbent will perform sterilizer service in close proximity to high temperature plumbing, often in narrow and confining situations. This position will perform maintenance and repairs on complex systems Verifies equipment installation requirements. Supervises installation of new Steris equipment. Creates preventative maintenance procedures for new equipment Trains lower level technicians. Has the authority to prioritize work.
A very busy place to work and need good multitasking and communication skills
Supervisor 1 Housekeeping (Current Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaMay 6, 2014
Pros: insurance package is good, match retirement plan up to 4%.
Cons: communication can be a challenge due to the fact you have several people you have to answer to.
Scottsdale Healthcare offers great benefits. I have learned as a supervisor that you have to be able to multitask while doing your everyday job. You also have to be able to communicate with management in a style that suits more than one boss.
fun place
Charge Poster (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2014
great place to work, fun environment.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
A real experience
Computer Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 7, 2014
A typical day at Scottsdale Healthcare was working with an awesome line of management. I learned how patients and customer service is number 1 always. Everyone there is very knowledgeable, Scottsdale Healthcare takes pride in training all employees to above standard. I enjoyed my time with Scottsdale Healthcare, a very positive experience.
Excellent environment, Excellent management. Employees are taken care of.
Practical Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 3, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and management
Cons: no cons
Very enjoyable place to work. Co workers are great and management is wonderful. A plus across the board.
Completetly Overworked
Finance Staff (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: staff are completely overworked
The Accounting Department staff are completely overworked. There is no communication between staff. Senior Management is never available to answer questions or respond to e-mails. Staff must work from home in the evenings in order to complete all of the work that is expected of them, because they don't have enough time during the day. This, coupled with working almost one day every weekend. This is not a one-time occurrence, but a routine every month. If you are in management, you are not expected to have a personal life. You will be working day and night. There is no work-life balance and that is a shame. No matter what is professed to the contrary, this is the absolute truth, though no one will admit it, as they are afraid of losing their job.
Ok.....
Laboratory (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: staff friendly
Cons: seems like a lot of chaos.
Staff for the most part very friendly.
Lab at SHEA is very dirty and cluttered.
Equipment aging and bad shape.
Laboratory computer system is a joke...an accident waiting to happen. The ordering system is a total mess, do no know half the time if you have all the orders or not. Spend more time being a processor/secretary than a tech.

For such an 'elite' hospital they really need to get with the program.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to work...staff works well with each other and within diverse departments. Medical staff is among the best in the US!! Administration truly cares about their employees happiness!
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Tech/Buyer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: sometimes more help was needed
We all where very busy,
sometimes extra help was needed.
My co-works where the best.
My boss was very supportive
FUN ENVIRONMENT, HARDWORKING PEOPLE
Diet Representative-Food Service (Current Employee), SCOTTSDALE, AZJanuary 13, 2014
I LOVE MY JOB EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND WILLING TO HELP IF YOU NEED HELP. WE ARE TRULY A TEAM IN THIS KITCHEN.
Great
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), ScottsdaleDecember 19, 2013
Great patient care and the people are friendly. Even though it's a stressful job, working with nice people makes a difference.
Discharge patients, bring to proper Department
Volunteer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2013
A typical day volunteering would include discharging patients, bringing patients to proper departments, bringing specimens to the lab, bringing medications to and from the pharmacy.

About Scottsdale Healthcare

Let’s transform healthcare together. Every day, we bring patients convenient, coordinated access to healthcare while – Read more

Scottsdale Healthcare Salaries