Scottsdale Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

changes due to merger with Lincoln make my review out of date
Database administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 28, 2015
The combined Scottsdale Healthcare and John C Lincoln now Scottsdale Lincoln will have a totally different corporate culture from what I enjoyed at Scottsdale Healthcare. I cannot say how it will be. I always had good managers an enjoyed working there.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
depends upon location
How can I help?
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Totally a mind blowing experience working for Circle K. Customers of all ethnicity, and classes all need exactly the same thing. YOU! Normally, a one man show Circle K trains employees diligently and efficiently. There is no time for dawdling in this High traffic job.
Pros
convienience, job stability, excitement
Cons
crime rate, long hours standing.
Ateam oriented environment.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 13, 2014
Optimal quality care environment. Courteous and professional Physicians and staff .
Amazing place to work with amazing coworkers
Dispatcher/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
Fast paced job with amazing coworkers and amazing management that truly is there to better you in any way. Like a second family.
Stressful, Unsupportive Management
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 7, 2014
Very clicky culture, lots of smokers, very unprofessional, lots of harassment, very unhappy employees.
Pros
location
Cons
poor mid level management
Widely growing work place
Pharmacy Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 29, 2014
Scottsdale healthcare is an exciting place to work that offers endless new opportunities for all professionals in the healthcare field.
My first job after xray school, I learned alot
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 26, 2014
Being a Level One trauma ctr., Scottsdale Healthcare was always busy especially the ED and OR.
The hardest part of the job was handling the stress that came along with a busy hospital and the lack of empathy from the supervisor at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient care and coworkers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
stress or suite
work place was very friendly
coder (Former Employee) –  scottsdale azOctober 9, 2014
Very good place to work Good work place attitude, a lot of benefits. Very good about hiring the older worker.
Pros
very felixable with work hours
Cons
healthcare
Challenging and rewarding work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZOctober 6, 2014
It was nice. I worked hard and made a difference in our patient's lives.
Great co-workers
MSN-L, RN, (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2014
Above average, 12 nights, great employees, shifts too long, want 8 hour shift, great patients.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
limited opportunites for advancemant
great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for them. also helped build better work techniques .
Pros
happy positive people
Cons
was far from where i lived but worth it.
fun place to work and meet a different challenge each day
Diet Representative (Former Employee) –  scottsdale arizonaAugust 5, 2014
I was either taking the paitents breakfast lunch dinner orders via computer as some people did not like using the tv to order there meals or were on a special diet i could advise them there choices they could eat...

I also ran the carts to the rooms with there meals help setting them up comfortably,always giving a geniune smile....and making sure all that they ordered was on there tray....sometimes even a hug as i worked every part of the hospital from cancer floor to maternity ward etc...even ICU.....the hardest part was seeing death everyday...seeing people with noone to visit i always gave them more attention...also we walked between 16 to 20 miles in an 8 hour shift,,,

the joy was hearing stories from the older people...seeing the brand new moms and there babies...but my favorite floor was the cancer floor...these people were the nicest of them all...there in pain...hair gone etc..but there belief in there higher person always made me walk away feeling humbled by there fight for life without anger...i know i touched alot of hearts...as they did mine.....
Pros
helping others......
Cons
being timed how long we took, not having to have water bottles on carts, unfairness with the management
productive need to more diversity
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  OsbornAugust 4, 2014
Working here is good you get a great experience the work environment is ok less gossip would be awesome! Wish the nurses would get off there high horses and help the cnas also hiring more different cultures wouldn't hurt either but they say they don't discriminate yeah right huh look around looks that way to me! But overall good place!
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
pay
Overcome and Adapt
ER Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 3, 2014
Scottsdale Healthcare I must admit was one of my most favorite jobs. In the 3 years that I was with Scottsdale Healthcare, I grew and learned so much not just about healthcare but about myself too.
There was a lot of "firsts" for me when I started in the ER, such as my first active heart attack, my first code blue, my first pediatric code blue and my first gun shot wound.
The most exciting part for me was we never knew what was coming through the front door or when, we just had to be ready for what ever presented itself to us. Over Come and Adapt, was how we succeeded each challenge, the staff was the perfect example of "teamwork".
I grew confidence in myself, my education and my ability to do my job and do it well, this self realization has carried me through other positions as well as my associates degree and currently through my bachelors.
Pros
beautiful facility, tuition reimbursement, good benefits
Cons
not as culturally diverse as some of my other employers
Blah
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2014
I liked working there at first but then it got ridiculous and the management was rude
Excellent organization
On Call Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2014
Excellent location. CM Team is experience and work environment is friendly
I work on sterilization equipment
Biomedical Technician Sterilization (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2014
I work on sterilization equipment.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance, repairs and installations of sterilization systems, as well as the repair and maintenance of operating room specialty tables and lights. Also repairs and maintains the medical gas delivery systems and their associated plumbing. Knowledgeable in the properties and potential hazards of steam and live electrical and electronic circuits and systems, as incumbent will perform sterilizer service in close proximity to high temperature plumbing, often in narrow and confining situations. This position will perform maintenance and repairs on complex systems Verifies equipment installation requirements. Supervises installation of new Steris equipment. Creates preventative maintenance procedures for new equipment Trains lower level technicians. Has the authority to prioritize work.
A very busy place to work and need good multitasking and communication skills
Supervisor 1 Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaMay 6, 2014
Scottsdale Healthcare offers great benefits. I have learned as a supervisor that you have to be able to multitask while doing your everyday job. You also have to be able to communicate with management in a style that suits more than one boss.
Pros
insurance package is good, match retirement plan up to 4%.
Cons
communication can be a challenge due to the fact you have several people you have to answer to.
fun place
Charge Poster (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2014
great place to work, fun environment.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
A real experience
Computer Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 7, 2014
A typical day at Scottsdale Healthcare was working with an awesome line of management. I learned how patients and customer service is number 1 always. Everyone there is very knowledgeable, Scottsdale Healthcare takes pride in training all employees to above standard. I enjoyed my time with Scottsdale Healthcare, a very positive experience.

Scottsdale Healthcare Reviews by Location