Scottsdale Healthcare

Scottsdale Healthcare Employer Reviews

Good People, Poor Management
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Shea CampusJuly 24, 2013
Pros: lower level employees are very nice
Cons: poor management, selective enforcement of policies, non existent hr
Well I would not in any way recommend any one to work for this place under the present management system.

You would not believe the half baked manager for this department and how he will only apply policy to those he does not like and that is realistically everyone.

Be careful of the "team norms" clause because if he does not like you that is how – more... he will get you fired.

HR ? Really? Non existent for employees and don't even think about appealing a managers decision because that will never work and the manager is always right even though they have no clue what they are doing.

If you are looking for a career in the Healthcare Industry this is no place to start. – less
Productive fun to work with.
Head Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 16, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers and staff
Cons: really none
Great place to work. Staff were awesome and enjoyed practicing my landscaping and ground maintenance skill.
Dedicated staff to the patients we serve
Practice Manager Oncology Clinical Trials (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good people to work with across departments
The most enjoyable part of the job is when our team can tell a patient that their cancer is in remission after previous treatments had failed them. The hardest part of the job is keeping us financially sustainable with healthcare cuts, increased uninsured, and budget cuts in clinical trials.

My staff are committed to patients. They truly care about – more... them and go above and beyond to provide them the most compassionate care. My team also cares about each other and supports one another. We have lots of potlucks and staff activities! – less
If you like Lame HR and policies about Pantyhose - this place is for you!
Corporate Legal (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2013
Pros: the hospitals
Cons: disorganized strategy and an ancient hr philosophy
The main staff is great and the care provided is good in spite of disconnected executives - don't plan on ever seeing any of them, they're probably at their beach house.

The head of HR is the executive equivalent of an outdated prune and the HR staff seem to mindlessly follow. If you like policies about wearing pantyhose to work, a culture that distrusts – more... all employees and an HR that operates like its 1982, Scottsdale Healthcare is for you. Look elsewhere for a progressive company. – less
Level 1 trauma center was always exciting.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2013
Pros: exciting cases, saving patients lives.
Cons: when it was bust you were often worked tirelessly. the nature of a trauma center
Great place to work. If I had not moved I would still be working there.
Life as a PTR
Practical Technologist of Radiology (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: downsized my position
I worked as a limited scope Practical Technologist in Radiology for 4 years, until they downsized the position. I enjoyed working the 2nd shift and was able to gain level 1 trauma experience and work with excellent coworkers.
Based on what I've learned about cleaning at a hospital environment? The job did not meet my standards for being clean and sanitized environment.
Specialist-Janitor/Linen Worker (Former Employee), Thompson Peak CampusMay 27, 2013
Pros: our two breaks were combined which gave us a 1/2 hour for breakfast, and 1/2 hour for lunch.
Based on my background in cleaning I consider myself to be very detailed in my work. I received many compliments from patients and the medical staff at this facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the patients and attend to their needs. Make their hospital stay exciting and acknowledge each patient as a person versus an illness.

Accommodate – more... every patient, supply clean linens, paper products, and dispose of trash on a daily basis, clean and sanitize their room/ Meeting each patient on a daily basis while conducting our job duties was the most rewarding job a person in housekeeping department.

The hardest part of the job was not receiving the 90 day evaluation I was entitled to when I accepted the position. In addition, when a company is understaffed, such as Scottsdale Healthcare, it only complicates and allows the company to fail in what their expectations of trying to meet the needs of providing quality customer service to their patients. – less

JudyJudy – June 11, 2013

Just visit any restroom at the hospital and you'll see how unclean it really is.

Fast paced work enviroment
Data entry for all calls (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2013
Pros: ability to wear shorts to work
Cons: shift and long commute
Enjoyed working as a guard then in dispatch. Learned how each department works together in a large 3 campus setting.

Jaquelyn – May 25, 2013

They can and will find something to use against you, It is only a matter of time. Even though it may not be true is of little concern to them. It may take 15 years, as it did in my case, but unless you become their "kiss but" favorite, do not count on retiring from there.

Be careful working at SHC
Case Manager (Former Employee), SheaApril 8, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: good old boy system.
The culture at SHC is not what you know, but who you know. Many incompentent managers and supervisors, some with little if any education past high school. I have heard that the new office building that SHC has purchased and moved into at Via Ventura, is back door only entry for employees. Are we back to segregation??? I guess because the big wigs are – more... in that office, they only use the front door! – less

Jaquelyn – May 25, 2013

Having worked @ SHC for 15 years I have found this review/description to be VERY accurate. Beware! While SHC had good benefits, they reward their favorites and literally have other employees or co-workers "spy" on you to try to find some way they can eliminate you, even if it means blowing it out of all proportions. While I was there, whenever any new position of department of facility opened up, it was always for the "Cream-of-the Crop" Employees, which is code for "favorite". Management, especially lower level is quite incompetent and lets the "power & authority" they hold go to their heads.

Stressful Environment
Part time Phlebotmist (Former Employee), Osborn CampusApril 7, 2013
Pros: a hand full of co workers will become life long friends
Cons: favoritism, over worked, unappreciated, and stressful enviornment
I worked the night shift at SHC Osborn Lab for two years averaging 108 hrs/ bi-weekly the first year & about 106 hrs/bi-weekly the second as a part time employee. I was passed up for the full time position and it was given to a less skilled and less dedicated employee that had an attendance issue as a part timer (often calling off for various reasons). – more... I was let go due to 5 occurrences of absentees; Three of which were a direct result of a miscarriage and other health issues (which I presented a doctors note for) and one occurrence which I requested off to attend a family members funeral out of town. When I inquired about why these events weren't being taken into consideration, I was told, "It doesn't matter". So I demanded a copy of my termination papers and file a complain with the EEOC, and it is currently being investigated.

I was over worked, underpaid, and unappriciated.

Not everyone was held to the same standard and if management staff does not like you, they will find a reason to reprimand or terminate you. Just check with the EEOC and see the list of complaints and settlements made on behalf of former employees. From racism, hostile work environments, and unfavorable working conditions this place has quite the reputation. The EEOC settled 7 cases in a 11 month span behind discrimination. This is to a place you should invest your livelyhood in. Definitely a stepping stone for lessons hard learned but definitely not somewhere I would advise to stay for long. – less

Jaquelyn – May 25, 2013

They give good medical care to their patients and offer good benefits, but look out! There is no way in knowing in their warped sense of reality what is fair and what is unjust. I worked there for 15 years and although I was a full time scheduled employee, if they needed someone because another employee was out for some reason, I was the one to call. That grew old and when I would not come at their summons because I had done my time, that angered them and they decided to use it against me. I wished I had thought about the EEOC, maybe it is not too late. Justice must be served to these people!

Case management is managed by a women who has been fired from other hospitals
case manger (Current Employee), Osborn CampusMarch 14, 2013
Cons: the management team
In Case Management at the Osborn campus the 2nd in charge is so stupid. No one in her department listens to her or respects her. She is a laughing joke. She only got the job because she is a yes person. The supervisor is a huge liar. She brings her granddaughter into work and keeps her in her office all day instead of hiring a baby sitter. This management – more... team does not support their hard working team. There is lots of staff leaving because they are overworked and not supported including me. Do NOT work for this team at the Osborn campus. – less
very busy grill
Cook (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: people
good place to work,good people to work with,pay sucked but the managers left you alone for the most part.
Great experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2013
Many faceted duties back and front office. Worked FP, pain mgmt, gyn.
Thought it was a great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: 403b
Cons: add more to your work load but won't up your pay
I used to think this was a great place to work. They like you until someone else comes along then they find any reason to write you up and make you feel awful. They talk poorly behind you back and if you tell them anything personal they use it against you. There is no job security in this place. When I left the moral was the lowest I had ever seen. – more... Everyone is either working part time or looking for other jobs. – less
Always watch your back!!!!
PCTII (Current Employee), SheaJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: the patients.
Cons: lies, slander & micromanagement.
Run far, run fast! Loyalty means nothing to this company, cliques run the show! Rumors are taken as the word, actual facts are discounted. The only employees that are safe are the managers that party in the pack, all other employees are bullied and slandered.

PhlebOsborn – January 23, 2013

Haha funny, That exact thing just happened to me. I would cover double shifts at sometimes both campuses, drop everything to come in and work. Then got labeled as a partier, comes in smelling of ETOH, calls off work to party, etc.... Why would someone begging for hours come in smelling like a bar? All lies, and willing to stab you in the back to protect management. Rediculous

kittenkeeper – January 30, 2013

Its like "Friday The 13th" the movie goes corporate - it is a horror show from day 1. Watch out for HR! They are disguised as if they will help you but are there to twist the knife that the management first stabs you with.

GBlady – February 13, 2013

Thanks to all who posted recently. I am so lucky that I didn't get the job and will withdrawal my application. This place will never change, promotes incompetent suck-ups and backstabbers. HAHA, I too wanted to write a sitcom about this sick-its-so-crazy-stupid atmosphere! BACKBONE INTACT, STAND TALL AND CARRY ON! LET THE MORONS MIX WITH THE TURKEYS!

I enjoy working with my co-workers
PCT II (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: good food to eat.
Cons: not long enough breaks
A typical day for me is to go to the morning meeting. After that I get my assignment on my patients. I do patient care throughout the day. I answer phones; I put doctor’s orders in, and address any issues that may arise.
Very good place to work
Preop RN (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2013
Good salary, excellent employer, management heeds to the needs of the employees
I loved working with patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 30, 2012
I was a CNA on the Oncology unit. I loved working with the patients and their families. I truly loved being a part of their lives during the most difficult part of it.
EXCELLENT
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 26, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
GOOD PLACE TO WORK. NICE PEOPLE. WORK NIGHTS, BUT STILL INTERACT WITH MANY PHYSICIANS, NURSES, FAMILIES, PATIENTS
good place to work
Lead Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2012
decent people, I cant say much for job security since I was corporate restructored out of my position that I had been in for nearly a decade. The supervisor really was looking for someone to cover her ace and I wasnt as good at that as the other lead. other than that when i worked there I really did like it.

Jaquelyn – May 25, 2013

There is no such thing as job security there. How many times during my 15 years, was I told they were doing a Department or Company(Hospital) Reorganization, and 1 month to either find a new position in the hospital or would be out of a job. This, because they were giving my job or my shift to one of their favorites who was far less qualified than I.

About Scottsdale Healthcare

Scottsdale Healthcare Corp., a not-for-profit organization, serves the health care needs of central Arizona residents. Its operations – Read more

Scottsdale Healthcare Photos