Scottsdale Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Started out good and went South
GL Analyst SE/SW Region (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 17, 2016
Scottsdale can be a great company to work for, depending on where in the organizatinon you happen to "light". Some managers were supportive and knowledgeable but as time went by, more and more peope seemed to be promoted based on office politics. The quality of the work decined, as did the work-life balance over the nearly 10 years i was there. For the last couple of years the workload was nearly double what could reasonably be completed and working long days and weekends came to be expected.
Pros
Some good people still there; interesting work
Cons
Expectations/requirements unrealistic for burdensome workload
An Ok place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2015
Good place if you are entry level and trying to learn the ropes. Not so for seasoned professionals.

A typical day at work is full of stress and management is poor. Project managers in IT are micro managers and Nationwide culture is making employees stressful. Lot of people are leaving due to extreme stress.
Pros
Cons
Extreme work pressure and micro management
Great Company to be apart of...
Brokerage Property, Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2015
I enjoy working for this company very much. I am looking to supplement my income with part time opportunities. Scottsdale Insurnace Company is a wonderful family oriented company and promotes work/life balance.
Pros
Family Oriented Environment
Productive and Awesome Place to work
SD Filing Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 15, 2015
The management structure is awesome, every day is challenging and you have the chance to learn multiple things.

They really care about the employees and put a lot of resources into each and every employee.
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for Scottsdale Insurance Company and had a great team atmosphere in every department I was assigned. The benefits were fantastic. I liked the diversity of the company and worked well with my co-workers and Management. Scottsdale Insurance Company held an Underwriting Conference each year and the employees and their customers were very pleased to participate.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no complaints
very busy position, learned time management skills and multi-tasking
Property Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Great company to work for, but ready for new challenges.
Handled commercial and home owner claims. Wrote letters to the customers regarding complex coverage issues.
No customer contact.
Policy Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2014
I did data entry w/out any customer contact. I am a people person and thrive on working with people. In this position I sat in a cubicle and worked completely on the computer.
Pros
good benefits, pay and security.
Cons
no customer contact
OK place to work
Claims (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZApril 30, 2014
Ok place to work . Co workers good leadership weak do to restructure . High volume fast paced heavy case load.
Pros
good parking
Cons
not sure
Great team to work with. They were like family.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 8, 2013
Closed an average of 3 to 10 trouble tickets per day depending on severity. I like working with people and this position allowed me to work with different individuals every day. Management was good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
at times there werent enough hours in the day to complete all tasks.
Great place, great people, great atmosphere.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 19, 2013
I loved working in the city and the work that I did. The office environment was relaxed yet fast-paced. I enjoyed doing taxes for high net-worth individuals.
Pros
tax, brokerage, and trust experience
Cons
commute was 2 hrs each way on the train.
Beautiful facilities
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2012
Scottsdale Insurance Company is a subsidiary ot Nationwide Insurance. My position for which I was recruited was to monitor and analyze a service contract company insured by Scottsdale.

A typical day for me started at 4:00 AM when things were still quiet. I created many reports via SEQUEL and used them to generate monthly key indicator reports and management reports. Each batch of reports showed areas of strength and weakness at the service contract company. I shared those strenghts and weaknesses with the Finance and Actuarial departments regularly. I also created ad hoc reports for those departments on request. Because my day started at 4:00 AM I was able to leave early to pursue my hobbies (sports car restoration and writing).

My co-workers were a small group of 4 or so individuals who helped with IT issues and brainstormed about the possible causes of problems at the service contract company as well as possible remedies. I was recruited at Scottsdale because there were no other employees with any experience in service contracts. Because there were no managers who understood what I was doing it was hard to educate them. My colleagues in Finance and Actuary became very knowledgeable and helpful.

The most enoyable part of the job was seeing my projections come true with great frequency. Working with Finance to generate RAROC (Risk Adjusted Return on Capital) allowed us to isolate the factors that made the service contract product profitable or unprofitable. Presenting those RAROC reports was a lot of fun and gained me and my colleagues a lot of compliments.

All in all my
  more... time at Scottsdale Insurance Company was very rewarding.  less
Pros
excellent work environment and very professional colleagues
Cons
nobody else at scottsdale had any service contract experience
Temp work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2012
I temped for this comany for 1 1/2 years, and was never hired on. Then they wanted me to take 2 weeks off unpaid. I could not financially do that. A very quiet work environment with well established clicks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scottsdale Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Scottsdale Insurance Company Reviews by Location