Scottsdale Insurance Company

Scottsdale Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Great team to work with. They were like family.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: at times there werent enough hours in the day to complete all tasks.
Closed an average of 3 to 10 trouble tickets per day depending on severity. I like working with people and this position allowed me to work with different individuals every day. Management was good.
Great place, great people, great atmosphere.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 19, 2013
Pros: tax, brokerage, and trust experience
Cons: commute was 2 hrs each way on the train.
I loved working in the city and the work that I did. The office environment was relaxed yet fast-paced. I enjoyed doing taxes for high net-worth individuals.
Beautiful facilities
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2012
Pros: excellent work environment and very professional colleagues
Cons: nobody else at scottsdale had any service contract experience
Scottsdale Insurance Company is a subsidiary ot Nationwide Insurance. My position for which I was recruited was to monitor and analyze a service contract company insured by Scottsdale.

A typical day for me started at 4:00 AM when things were still quiet. I created many reports via SEQUEL and used them to generate monthly key indicator reports and management – more... reports. Each batch of reports showed areas of strength and weakness at the service contract company. I shared those strenghts and weaknesses with the Finance and Actuarial departments regularly. I also created ad hoc reports for those departments on request. Because my day started at 4:00 AM I was able to leave early to pursue my hobbies (sports car restoration and writing).

My co-workers were a small group of 4 or so individuals who helped with IT issues and brainstormed about the possible causes of problems at the service contract company as well as possible remedies. I was recruited at Scottsdale because there were no other employees with any experience in service contracts. Because there were no managers who understood what I was doing it was hard to educate them. My colleagues in Finance and Actuary became very knowledgeable and helpful.

The most enoyable part of the job was seeing my projections come true with great frequency. Working with Finance to generate RAROC (Risk Adjusted Return on Capital) allowed us to isolate the factors that made the service contract product profitable or unprofitable. Presenting those RAROC reports was a lot of fun and gained me and my colleagues a lot of compliments.

All in all my time at Scottsdale Insurance Company was very rewarding. – less
Temp work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2012
I temped for this comany for 1 1/2 years, and was never hired on. Then they wanted me to take 2 weeks off unpaid. I could not financially do that. A very quiet work environment with well established clicks.