Scottsdale Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Students
Substitute Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2016
I loved this job! I was a substitute teacher in this district for 6th months and I learned a lot. Working with special education students taught me about perseverance and understanding.
Pros
Students
High School Football Coach
Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 24, 2016
I loved almost every moment of my job. The coaching staff was great. Sad to say our head coach got let go. Most of the problems were out of his control.
good interaction with high school students
senior nutritional service worker (Former Employee) –  Coronado High SchoolSeptember 1, 2015
It is really hard to review a job that requires very limited skills. A typical day was to make a variety of different salads. Prepare my cart for sales to the students out on the campus.The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the high school students.
Pros
students
Cons
making salads
Loving, dedicated, and motivated work environment and staff.
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2015
• Assists in mobility to and from bus stop
• Leads reading, writing, and grammar
• Assists in math curriculum
• Leads social group
• Monitors lunch and post lunch activities
• Creates adaptations for Physical Education
• Creates curriculum based homework
• Communicates with parents daily
Pros
Wonderful campus, employees, and programs
Cons
No possibility for advancement or pay increase
Lots of fun.
Receptionist / Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work was no such thing, especially working with kids. I enjoying working with kids, soo everyday at work with the kids was soo much fun and exciting! Working with kids always made it fun to go to work. The kids always had me on my toes. I was always learning something new from them. They help me better, myself and also the way I can always improve and better my work skills and people skills, and patience.
Pros
working with kids.
Cons
part time job
Substitute Teacher
Substitute School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 11, 2014
I am a substitute so I do not receive any benefits.

I will be called on the job line for jobs that need to be filled that particular day. I will choose a job accordingly. I do sometime get long term subbing jobs depending on availability. I will most likely take the special education openings before working with the "normal" students. I tend to choose to work in the high school environment teaching life skills to various special need students.
Pros
being full engaged with each and every child
Cons
it is not always something that is consist
great people and great to be a team
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
A Great place To work co workers and teachers were great and I miss them, still have friends that iam still in touch with them. It was a great team to be a part of Miss Them.
Summers off, Holidays off, weekends off.
Senior Nutritional Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2014
Check emails, check voice mails. Respond to both. Begin breakfast preparation. Cashier for breakfast service. Oversee team members, discuss menu, planning and any changes for the day. Start Lunch preparation.
I enjoy all of my team members in the kitchen, I think of them as family. I learned "Leading" is more important than Managing.

The hardest part of my job is knowing that the breakfast and lunch I serve each day is the only meal (s) some students eat each day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship's built with the students and staff.
Pros
set schedule, holiday's and weekends off
Cons
inflation rise without a pay raise for over 5 years
Great flexible job while my kids were younger.
Certified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 21, 2014
Substitute teaching is a challenging yet rewarding job. In this position I manage the students in the classroom, communicate with teachers regarding the plans, work with the administrators at the schools and the school district offices. The hardest part of the job is the students and the most enjoyable part of the job is the students as well!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay and no benefits
Fun job
Luch Noon Aide (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2013
Good job for a student worker. Very poor security for the kids. Often parents would be allowed to play with the kids. They would also wonder throughout the campus. Assistant principle was great but the principle never did anything and dumped everything on the Assistant principle. The school district was a bit of a bureaucracy meaning the parents had influence over everything all the way up to the superintendent level.
Pros
good pay, fun job
Cons
extreme tempratures, lack of structure and disipline policies
A chance to be inspiring and educate
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2013
A productive day at work is when I can be organized and educate. receive respect and recognition for a job well done.

I learned more about being independent.. each class and school has a different system of operation

Management is kept to a minimal. They follow up and continue to facilitate additional work.

My co-workers are helpful and respectful

Is to please my self. I'm my own worst critic.

Pleasing others and receiving feed-back, Inspiring the classes each day Im there.
Pros
different setting, meeting new staff, thinking on my feet.
Cons
mundane. too structured, can't work on my own time and pace.
Inspiring Kids
A.V.I.D. Tutor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2014
Such a pleasure to work with 6-8th grade students in a collaborative team environment. I am constantly impressed with these kids...and my co-workers are truly top-notch, committed teachers. The hardest part of the job is that it's just 2 days a week--during the school year...which is not enough for me to live on. The most enjoyable part is when my kids have an "Ah-Ha" moment while working on a problem.
Friendly place to work
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountainside MS ScottsdaleMarch 29, 2013
Scottsdale School District
Friendly work place.
Typical work day:Check my emails, check my work orders, check my voice mails. I would try to resolve issues, if unsuccesful I would escalate the work order to the appropriate Department.
My learning experience was very basic...I would have liked to be able to take a microsoft or cisco class to be more productive.
I am not sure about the management, SUSD turn over is very high.
The hardest part of my job was to try to help the staff with not enough resources...etc.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to help people and staff with their technology issues/needs, but also to train them about technology.
Pros
staff eager to learn about technology, very friendly.
Cons
scottsdale school district is cutting jobs..
overall great working in the district
Instructional Assistant/ParaEducator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 27, 2014
enjoyed working with teachers and students everyday
learned alot about the school system
fellow workers were so very helpful
working outside on the playground was difficult in hot waether
Pros
great support from pto, very flexible with schedules
Cons
pay could have been better
Chaotic
Sr. Nutritional Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2013
No typical days; you given a position & at anytime removed and/or asked to train another person for the position.
I learn how hard it was to work in chaos & that some people thrived on it. The hardest part was being organized & working daily in chaos which made it both difficult and challending.
Pros
interaction with students.
Cons
deficient in leadership...
Difficult work environment due to lack of communication
Tranpsortation Coordinator Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, azSeptember 6, 2014
Interesting experience. The hardest part of the job was trying to self teach the bus routes
Enjoyable place to work .
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale,azDecember 1, 2014
I enjoyed working for the school district i wish i was still working there
Pros
nice people great environment.
A strong company to work for
Campus Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day would be consisting of receiving work orders and taking care of the items listed on the work order
split shift
Transporter of Learners (Driver) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 1, 2014
early shift with a break in the middle then a late shift at the end.
Employer was great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scottdale, AZFebruary 1, 2014
Employer was great worked as an Correctional Officer for 26yrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scottsdale Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Scottsdale Unified School District Reviews by Location