SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

n/a
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
It was a organized company the management team was very fair to the employees they were a organized company a typical day at work was preparing yourself for a long day.
Good benefits
Para-transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2017
If you are looking for good benefits, it's a good place to work but you have to be willing to drive long hours, assist clients who are often unruly and unappreciative. It's always a struggle to get off on time and no matter what happens the drivers are often the blame for whatever happens to the clients in the vehicles. Most of the dispatchers talk to you any kind of way too. The pay is very low considering the services drivers are asked to do. You have to work too much overtime just to see a descent check. You often have to argue with dispatchers to remove trips that'll take you past your get off time, because you still have to gas up everyday at the end of your route.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks and you collect currency which makes your checks look even smaller
Okay work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2017
I love the students I pick up daily. Its a nice place to work. The scheduling is not good. They need to work on that. Overall its okay when you stay to yourself. They play favoritism when it comes to moving to other positions in the company. That I don't like.
Pros
Some peolpe are very kind
Cons
No room for growth in the company.
Exciting and fun but challenging as well
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2017
If you like the freedom of outdoors and seeing different areas of the city of Chicago, it's the right job for somebody making an income and doing what they like. But there are downsides mixed in with your freedom & independence from working indoors under the watchful eyes of the big whips. You're subject to the outside weather conditions and some of the not so great clients whom you have to interact as driver. Understandably the nature of the work is that clients are not doing too well which is why they use the service. But it doesn't help when you're asked sometimes why you arrived late and why do you have to pickup & dropoff other people. Some are pretty darn nasty about it. You have to have a thick skin to operate as a paratransit driver.
Pros
Independence, benefits and networking
Cons
Low pay, long hours and poor routing of scheduled trips sometimes
very family oriented
Private Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2017
A typical day at work at scr was very smooth. One of the best jobs ive had so far. Working for this company help me better my driving skills. I learned how to park better. I learned how to help prevent accidents. And ive past what ive learned on as well.
Majority of the workers are friendly
Private Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
its very unorganized
you do get to travel and see new places
most clients are nice and respectable
its easy work
parking is horrible
the facility is clean small but clean
Pros
travel
Cons
unorganized/broken vans
Communication
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
Working here was a little different. The way they're management communicate is not the best. Their job profile states one thing but once you're hired it's a totally different experience.
Good job and work not so good pay.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
The job was wonderful. the pay just sucked. I would definitely recommend this to someone who's either in college or retired looking for extra money. there is potential in this company though.
a typical day at work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Coming in waiting on routes to show up on the screen. If u like driving, its a really easy laid back job. You get to interact with so many different people and personalities.
okay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
learned alot of new skils.got along with all employees , managers were great and understanding, not enough vehicles and no pay upgrade no matter how long at the job.
Rewarding growth and development
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
Daily duties are for reliable, responsive, dedicated persons that are knowledgeable of city streets only. Not all will approve or handle the workload and dispatch decisions. Management judgement calls will always be based upon safety guideline protocol and procedures.
family business
Driver Auditor/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
this family business has grown over the years showing loyalty to their employees and including plenty of incentives for a happy and productive work environment.
work and work low pay
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
it is a job nothing to write about, the only problem is the management .They don't care about the people that makes the company run day to day.They have too many (clicks) ...If they don't like you then start looking for another job!!!
Pros
Cons
don't appreciate their people
Good people
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, illinoisMarch 25, 2017
I work in the call center for two years years. It's a great place. The people are friendly, i loved my chiada team. But management sucks. No union.. So employees don't have a fighting chance. Employees getting fired left and right especially if you are not plug with anyone in the company. Knowing from experience management had a bad day at work accuse me of running over his foot.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management sucks. Rakestraws need to stop letting other people run their company
What I've learned
Drive Cam Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
I started at the company when I was twenty five, from there I've learned how to humble myself. How to work in an office setting. I've learned so much now I'm ready to take everything to the next level.
productive work place
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
On a typical day of transporting it is important to pay attention to details on your whereabouts and awareness of time constraints. Also it is very important to be able to communicate with your coordinator and dispatcher. I've learned that if you're in a rush with this job, you can forget stuff. This is a good job.
I think that the management of this job is ok. I have a pretty good relationship with most of the managers.
Pros
commute
Cons
CDL classes
Overworked and Underpaid
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
They did not want to pay you a decent wage for the amount of work they asked for, they worked you like dogs and the company pretended to care about its employees, but really they didnt. Half the time you did not have a lunch and they like to add trips after your get off time, dispatch is no matter, they never listened the drivers the ones who were out there in the grit, yet they blamed the drivers for everything
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
No Lunches, Low Pay, Terrible Treatment
Really good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2016
Really good place to work. I enjoyed working to help others. Very good working environment. I enjoyed satisfying and putting a smile on our clients faces.
Smooth job , relaxing , and great customers
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2016
Very nice job. I enjoy working with the public and helping others. I just sat in the passengers seat all day while we picked up clients and dropped them off to their destinations. Nice pay and relaxing job.
Enjoyable and benefitting experience
PACE and CPS driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for SCR because I am a people person and I was my own boss. If the pay was better I would have retired from here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8