SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION

SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION Employer Reviews

High expectations with unfair pay and no growth potential
Administration (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
The environment is not a company that encourages growth. The older employees have a sense of entitlement and treat other employees very rude and disrespectful. Management is out of touch with the employees. They are not in to boosting the moral of the work force and there procedures and practices and borderline shady. The job expectation and the compensations – more... is not just low but unfair...not even meeting the industry low wages. Issues and concerns fall upon deaf ears. SCR does not have an open door policy...they prided themselves on family core values, which are NOT present now. – less
The daily routine
ADA Pace Transportation Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: helping client's
Cons: over worked, no advancements, poorly ran and under pay
I would arrive at work 15 minutes prior to my shift, gather my manifest sheets and receipts if needed, pre-trip and post trip the vehicle and then I would provide door to door service for client's with disabilities, secure there walking devices, assist with there bags, computer and written data entry, collect fare, at the end of the day gas the vehicle
Unprofessional, Underpaid, management out of touch
Call talker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2014
First, happy pay day as I write this review about SCR! Well, we didn't get paid just the higher ups everyone else well we have to be patient and wait for it as the memo says its someone else's fault.

You'll get that a lot in fact we were all told company wide the entire company was going to get raises after Bus Companies were literally syphoning workers. – more... The drivers start out as low as 8.50 an hour the call center employees actually make more money the the drivers....I'm serious about that by the way but they released a memo some months ago claiming we are all going to get raises and to expect more. That stopped the bleeding and as months based we get another memo after employees started to complain.

They tell us the great company they worked with the person died and of course he did not take any notes or leave any files so now they have to begin looking at payment structuring all over again. There is a trend at SCR the Management is never at fault and your expected to work and work for free.

Today we got another memo same sad story, and same blame game. As for the drivers upset and openly talking about calling off until they get paid this is something that needs to be resolved now!

If you're still reading your perhaps interested in the company and what it can do for you? Working at SCR is almost like watching an episode of Game of Thrones its all politics and family politics. You can move up if your not family of someone who is a Supervisor but it requires a lot of getting in that "clique" or in-crowd.

HR was recently brought in (Recently) due to complaints only family of managers were getting hired. Problem is even HR is getting into the practice of promoting from within the cliques and also family.

Pros:

+Healthcare

1) Its an 80/20 plan meaning they pay 80% of your healthcare which is a good deal if your single and only covering yourself.

+Possible to move up

+Always hiring

+Meet and talk to new and interesting people

+Expanding

1) New Private divisions

2) Upper Management positions are open

Cons:

- Healthcare plan only covers yourself and all family members and children are not covered so you must pay 100% for them.

- Very cliquish

1) If a Supervisor or manager does not like you they are known to harass you members of said clique will try to push you out.

- Restricts Bathroom Breaks

1) Certain times your not allowed to go to the bathroom in the call center. This is not legal and the moment they try to tell me no will be the day I call the department of labor.

- If a family member of upper management applies for a position you need not apply

1) If you know a family member or friend of a family member is applying for a position within a company do not bother applying.

- Friends of the family or family members will often ignore job duties pushing them on everyone else.

1) Notice we have how many calls and that friend of the family or family member has taken maybe two calls for an eight hour shift but spent the entire day joking with a supervisor trying to get on the good side of that person's friend or family member?

- Making promises but never following through

- Working hard every day well managers and supervisors joke openly about broken company promises and how its not on them.

- There is a lady who chases female employees around the building to measure there heels if they are wearing them. I kid you not

- The Managers, Supervisors and members of the clique try to hard to impress the owners

1) One time one of the owners brought a baby the supervisors were scrambling out of breath looking to suck up and see the guy and his baby.

2) The ruler lady looked like she was going to pass out opening all the doors looking for what room they went to.

- Upper Management convinces the majority of the staff they need to switch to direct deposit that we are going paperless and then does not pay on time.

1) Hope no one has to buy food!

2) My car does not run on love

3) Tell me again our customers need us what about my starving children?

- Wants you to work off the clock

1) Employer wishes you to punch in early to be at your computer and to start at your scheduled time.

2) Paycheck somehow always becomes even missing these extra times we need to punch and do the extra work needed.

- To many Supervisors
1) All the Supervisors for the most part are family or friends which means they all sit there and do nothing all day but complain why we are short staffed because they're pay check takes away from much needed workers
2) Each Supervisor has a different policy and sometimes you can't win because not everyone is on the same page.

- High Turn Over Rate
1) You come in and do way to much overtime for the first couple of months and then get burnt out because we do not have enough coverage but again we have plenty of supervisors.

It's nice to have a job but it's not good to take advantage of the same people you expect to work for you. We used to get free lunches sometimes but ever since they hired a new VP and more Supervisors and Management we do not even get that anymore. – less
ok
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
management is terrible. to many chiefs and not enough indians
STRESSFUL AND OVERWHELMING
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2014
CALL CENTER REP
ANSWER PHONE CALLS
I WORKED 10 HOURS A DAY 4 DAYS A WEEK YOU ONLY GET A 30MIN LUNCH THEY SAY YOU CAN TAKE BREAKS BUT ITS LIKE PULLING TEETH WHEN YOU ASK FOR ONE...NOT PROFESSIONAL..FAVORITISM IS DONE ALOT..SO ITS NOT BASED ON YOUR SKILLS OR HOW QUALIFIED YOU ARE ITS BASED ON WHO YOU KNOW AND WHO YOU ARE COOL WITH. THEY DONT TRY TO ACCOMMODATE – more... YOUR NEEDS LIKE IF YOU WANTED TO GO TO SCHOOL TRYING TO EXPLAIN AND COMPROMISE WITH YOUR MANAGER IS LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL – less
TERRIBLE
Bus aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Cons: scr
Let start by saying this first if you are in a relationship and you try to work for this company you might wanna stay clear of this all together because everyone goes with everyone there even they have someone else that doesn't matter at all, oh your thinking like I can just stay to myself or I'm strong minded I can handle myself. Well you will be put – more... the test big time. Now the company itself is based nepotism, if you don't anyone there or your family doesn't work there then forget it. Oh and the company is very unorganized big time. – less
Interesting in a not so pleasant way
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 13, 2014
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: pay, lunch breaks, bathroom breaks, work schedules, management
If you're looking for a company that overworks and underpays their employees then this is it. The schedules you receive are horrible they don't work with school schedules at all. So if you are trying to better yourself through education then this workplace is not for you. They mentioned a raise but that has not be brought back up since. You constantly – more... have people hovering over you making sure you are doing your job and listening to your work phone conversations. You can barely take bathroom breaks. I have yet to see a workout room that was mentioned. 9 dollars an hour is not enough to be treated badly by a company that doesn't care about nor understand the importance of keeping their employees happy. I wouldn't recommend this job to an enemy. Now I understand why they have such a high turnover rate. – less
Sign on at your own risk
Former driver (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 2, 2014
Pros: it is a much needed service within the zone it serves.
Cons: inhumane 30 minute breaks for drivers that end up being less than 15minutes
The culture of the company is unprofessional. There is profane language and sexually explicit language used in the common areas of the company. It is very heavy in favoritism and lacks balanced treatment of all employees.
Within the company the driver is the least regarded. Dispatch personnel speak to drivers without respect over the air and the customers – more... confidential information is forever being violated by both driver and dispatch by disclosing name, medical information (drop off) and other information.
The management team will tell you they encourage growth within the company, but if you come in as a driver it will be very difficult for them to see you in any other role (with the exception of being a favorite of mgmt).
I found the entire environment uptight and unfriendly. Some of the people are very intimidated by thinking and verbally intelligent staff.
Sign on at your own risk. – less
ok company
Medical Transporter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
Had a good time working for this company it takes a toll on u at times with the workload u may get at times
Job was great, pay not great
Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2014
Would not recommend for long term career, Learned about driving in the city.
custodian
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2014
Being a Custodian was a good experience. I learned different techniques to how to remove stains.i enjoyed keeping the work place clean and my coworkers are very easy to work with, so there was no problems.
The one good thing about the company is that you meet new and interesting people everyday, from meeting new people you always learn something new.
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses when given
Cons: the utterly nasty attitudes of your peers and management
Would not be a bad place to work if the pay was more, the drivers are the main core of the company and their not compensated enough, I have done research and found other paratransit companies start off with as much as $3.00 more than what SCR starts but because they have so many people part of management that they are paying who does absolutely nothing – more... all day but take cigarette breaks and walk around to show off they clothes and hairdo's, I feel like upper management really needs to take a short look and get rid of some of those highly paid nothing doers and try to give the drivers more of a compensation. – less
n/a
CPS Bus Monitor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day felt like I was being picked on. I learned that people with authority do not know how to use it. Management was all for themselves and showed no regards for the crew members.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: pay rate
A typical day of work at SCR consists of answering the phones to book clients trips and give them an estimated time of arrival. I've learned to have a positive attitude at work. My management team is very friendly. The hardest part of my job is when a client is upset about a trip because the driver is late. This is difficult because I do not have control – more... over the situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the clients and assisting them with their trips over the phone. – less
Overall a good company to work for.
Facilitator/ CSR Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2013
Pros: incentives such as bonus and differnet programs
Cons: short breaks
High call center volume. Rapid turnover rate. You deal with all types of clients and different disabilities. At the end of the day everyone aspect at work is the same. To maintain policy and treat all clients and customers with Sensitive Care Respect. I learned that work can be fun and how important the needs of others can require my help. Spending – more... a lot of my time at SCR created a family atmosphere. As long as you maintain good work ethic nothing about the job is hard. What I enjoyed the most is coming to work everyday knowing that my coworkers and I have things in common. No matter our diversity. – less
Interesting and fustrating at the same time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: 3 days off
Cons: for new employees no weekends off, 30 minute lunch in a 12 hour shift, under paid...
Clients are sometime unbearable, co-workers are fine. Some off the management suck at times not professional and the employees are under paid.
It's okay.
Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2013
Pros: the bonus you recieve every summer and winter.
Cons: having to take a 2 hour lunch just to get the day off you want.
The hardest part of the job is getting off work on time. The easiest part of the job is getting along with the clients I pick up. The job is a paratansit job which caterers to people with all types of disabilities.
Fantastic Company
Safety Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2013
My first job out of college and provided me with the skills I need to advance my career.
A pleasant place to work for a long period of time
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: massages once a week, chiropractor treatments once a week, job security
Cons: location
The company owners are very hands-on and make their employees feel heard.
fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: weekly massages, chiropractor, and workout facility
This company offers job stability, it could offer a more attractive pay package, great benefits and good co-workers to work with. It is a family environment.

About SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION

SCR Medical Transportation specializes in providing medical transportation to various populations of health care and elderly communities. – Read more

SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION Photos