SCR MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews in United States

This job
Elite driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2016
I worked here for a year you have dispatchers that talk to you like your nothing and management does nothing about it but look and talk because their and all friends or family. I would like to see management live on what they pay us .... The people that own it don't care about no one but their own... They say its a family but its not ... Its said to say its owned by or african American and they treat us slaves... We work hard for them and they treat us like nothing... Loved my job but hated the management. ..
Pros
Had a chance to meet new people and get my cdls
Great lady
Drivers Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
The lady who owns this property is a wonderful person. She loves the children with all her heart. She teaches them, molds them, and guides them everyday.
Getting to know different people.
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  8801 S. Greenwood Chicago, IllinoisJune 2, 2016
I love talking to different people, with different personalities as well as cultures. I learn different things from everyone that I talk to!
The job consisted of picking up elderly and handicapped individuals-and taking them to medical appointment
Para Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2016
Started work at 9:00am..
picked up three Autistic students to take them too school.. got back to headquaters around 11:00.. waited for dispatch to give instructions on what dialysis customers to pick up..picked up customers until 2:30.. then picked up students from school and took them all home.. got off work at 5:00.I learned alot of patience with working with the elderly and autistic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good funloving clients.... the hardest part of the job was avoiding getting your hours cut...
Pros
Pay every week, direct deposit, you don't have to drive your own car or use your own gas money for picking up clients..
Cons
Short breaks, No union representation
This place needs a UNION!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2016
This place has no Union so upper management pretty much does what they want which is very minimum. All the other paratransit companies (MV, First Transit, CDT) Pay their drivers more than Scr. At Scr the fare that drivers collect from the clients ($3.00) upon pick up, the driver keeps and that fare is deducted from your check each pay period so in 2 weeks you may collect $240. 00 in fares and that amount automatically comes out of your check. It's a must that you work on your off days in order to see some money. Most of the drivers there look tired and worn out which is sad because at the end of the day your health is more important than anything. Also you never get off at the time that's assigned to you. They hire family and friends first (with NO experience) in other departments. People come and go every day at Scr. If you do work here just do it temporary but continue your job search. I really would like to ask upper management can they provide for their family off $10. 00 an hour. The advertisements are very misleading.
Pros
If you jus want spending money, this is the place for you.
Cons
No Union, Greed and black owed
Scr is a waste you might ad well go to a school bus company to get your CDL
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2016
Be aware apply at your own risk this company is a joke they put you in training have you take several tests take you to the DMV to pass written test and if you don't pass it guess what you don't have a JOB... But they'll never tell you when interviewing you
Pros
Waste of time
Cons
Waste of time
Location of workplace is convenient.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2016
I have learned many things about medical transportation and its ran. Meeting all different kinds of people is the best part of this job.
The management team is always available with an open door policy.
best job ever
Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2016
dealing with seniors/ mentally challenged learned patience becoming more helpful with assisting coworkers enjoyed my clients
IT Manager Technical
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2016
Operation Manager typical day review emails, ticket log & status, system logs, assess staff disposition, administrative meetings, project status, action items, calls and delegation.

Learned that communication is the foundation of good management.

Management is about being engaged at all levels to some extent with a philosophy of continual improvement.

Co-workers are assets with different strengths to reach the organizational goal.

Knowing when to stop working is the hardest part of the job.

A job well done is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Comrodary among coleagues
Cons
Better Interdepartmental Communication
Horrible
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Just not a company you want to work for at all. The pay sucks. If you are trying to take care of your family then I will seriously advise you not to work here. Management has the money to pay yall but wont.
Could be better
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Unprofessional with a lack of regard for clients. I would like to make more of a difference but I'm unable to. No real chance of advancement.
Pros
paid training
Cons
lack of regard for one another
SCR Transportation
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2016
On a scale of 1 to 10 , with 10 being highest a would give SCR a 6.
Management and organization was not well planned.
I was a transportation driver my job included handling customer and patients in a respectful manor which included, making sure each patient was strapped into their seat belt before van began moving.
Collecting voucher that were due after each drop off and pick up.
Making sure all wheelchairs were safely tied down before van was ready to leave beginning destination . I was given assignments by dispatcher on radio , so I had to listen at all time to understand what the dispatcher was saying.
Pros
a bigger van that could hold more clients.
Cons
I am greatful to have had the experience of driving a para transit bus.
A place where you travel alot and get to see new things.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2015
I loved this job, its fun and my coworkers were like family. My clients were fun and interesting. Meeting new people is always a fun thing to do.
Hard-Good Work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2015
Scr Medical Transportation is hard working environment where teamwork is a must, they work together to assure the clients needs and wants a met to the fullest of the companies abilities by going above and beyond for the client. Call are times depending on your position title you have a minimum of two to two minutes and thirty seconds in order to complete your call. Once you have taken the clients information you would then verify that the information for the client is correct to insure that the client is satisfied. The management is fair but lenient, they are willing to work with their employees in order to assure that they are comfortable and able to handle the fast paced environment. Scr Medical Transportation is a great company that helps the various types of people from senior citizens to people with debilitates, etc. to assist them with their day to day lives. At the end of the day this hard work is satisfying.
Pros
Occasional lunch, Holiday Meals
Cons
short breaks, constantly being timed for minimal things
Chaotic, At times Unprofessional workplace with extremely small break room
Medical driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2015
First let me start off by saying I did love doing this job. however the unprofessionalism that occurred in the workplace was off putting.
The equipment was not always on in working condition. the pay was sufficient but often messed up payroll.
Pros
I loved doing the job, and pay was good.
Cons
unprofessional work environment
great work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
I liked working here, everyone was fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was getting up at 4am to be there at 5am. People complain about management but were the same ones who didn't do much to help the company with no accountability. They do have events and try to feed you but the food usually isn't great.

I learned to work in high paced environment and with different people. They were smart and finally promoted a driver to the dispatch manager and things got a little better before I left.

Yes there is a high turn over rate because people do not realize how hard the job can be. The benefits of working for good people is WELL worth it though! and over time there are positions that open up but the Rakestraw's are fair and good people.
Pros
Proud to work for large black-owned company
Cons
Can be hard work for the pay
Lack of Professionalism
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
SCR would be a great place to work if they actually valued the workers. There is a lack of professionalism and communication. There is a lot of favoritism, unfortunately the rules and regulations don't apply to everyone (especially in the call center). Management talks to you however. Everyday I go to work I feel like my job is on the line.
Great place to work! Nice location
driver (Current Employee) –  chicagoApril 1, 2015
SCR has great growth potential and a overall great place to work! I have been at SCR for years and if you aren't afraid of hard work there is great of room for advancement
one star is over rated
fleet mechanic (Current Employee) –  8801 s greenwoodMarch 12, 2015
As a current employee this job sucks, But I need the small amount money that the pay until i can find something better. The company is not the right place for a real experince person at least from a mechanic stand point.
Pros
a small check
Cons
eveything
A so so job experience
Vehicle Attendant/Car Washer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Everything is all good when you first start working there. Then you realize your underpaid and unappreciated. Work is pretty much easy its the management that really sucks. Great people bad management.
Pros
easy work
Cons
management

2.8