Screenvision Employee Reviews

Stay Away-Definition of Micromanagement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  NortheastJuly 30, 2017
Not a good sales environment. Constantly micromanaged and made to feel like you are no good at what you do. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Very toxic situation. VP of Sales GB is a true micromanager that makes you feel like you have no sales ability. Worst sales position ever!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list but micromanagement comes to mind.
Horrible Company
Local Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 6, 2017
Horrible company that does not care about its employees. Hard to retain clients. The company wines and dines you during training and then management treats you poorly once you are on board. Hard to build any real relationships with co-workers due to being spread out across the U.S.
Pros
Work from home, relationship with clients
Cons
Upper Management is high pressured and rude, micro-managed, management does not care about you as an employee
Smothered and not a Christian Company
Senior Account Executive - Panhandle of Florida (Current Employee) –  Mobile to TallahasseeApril 13, 2017
Started in 2005 and it was fun and exciting and then it was sold.

Never had updates on new products and expectation of the Corporate were impossible with time manangement.
Pros
My relationship with all my clients
Cons
No family time
Exciting product/industry (The Movies) by far the sexist thing I've ever sold
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 11, 2017
I've worked for Screenvision for over 10 years and this is the best job I've ever had. In a way you are your own boss, you set your own appts and manager your day/week. There is flexibility to work your job around your life, especially if you are hitting your numbers. The cinema advertising business is growing fast, so more people are interested in advertising at the movies. They provide excellent benefits, salary plus commission, expenses, travel and even pay you to cover your internet bill at home. As far as sales jobs I think this one is easy because of the product. If you're a good sales person and you give an honest days effort, you'll love this job!
Pros
lots of freedon to run your business, possible travel, fun industry, business to business, support, great benefits.
Cons
There is a detailed CRM systerm, Weekly activity targets that you need to hit.
Run Away
Local Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Local territory in U.S.April 3, 2017
The expectations set by NY Sr. Mgmt are unrealistic. Training is archaic, but they think it is top notch. The good mgmt. has left and the poor mgmt. is still in place. This company focuses on the national business at the expense of the local advertisers yet cant seem to understand why the local accounts fail to renew their campaigns. It's amazing how they keep expecting local business to grow. It just doesn't add up that a company has so many local sellers chasing such a small budget. My opinion is that HQ needs to Wise up and get rid of the toxic Sr. Mgmt, downsize local sales, and continue putting all efforts into National business. But, the top brass knows what they are doing because they've been doing this for so long and just because it worked before - the reason it isn't working now must be because we don't have the right salespeople. So, if you are considering taking a job here in local sales, and you want to hold on to your good professional reputation, you might just want to look elsewhere. I made good money here in the beginning but it wasn't sustainable because growing my book of business was impossible. If it wasn't for brand new business, I'd have no business because the local business doesn't renew. That was very telling to me and I finally got out.
Pros
home office
Cons
Lack of support, poor team culture, management, value proposition
Management very supportive and they let you do your job.
National sales executive (Current Employee) –  I work out of my Satelite office HOME.September 13, 2015
A typical day is pulling doors, setting appointments, setting up customer interviews to educate businesses on what Screenvision can do for their business as far as on screen movie theater advertising. Discuss their needs, budgets and time line of doing business.
There is so much to learn, tolerance is the first that I think people who are in outside sales learn. This is not a quick turn around business. Follow up is the most important and tenacity. You need to ask the proper questions and stay focused. These people who your are presenting too are not your best friend, so stay on track and once the sale is made ask for references. I see so many sales people try and be "that best friend" kind of sales person!!
As far as Co-workers, never really see them. Every Monday morning a team conference call is held, I hear them but only maybe once or twice a year do I actually get to meet a few of them.
Hardest part of the job is trying to get the customers to listen to you even in a one on one meeting. Many already have a preconceived idea of the cost "it's going to be too much or outside my budget".
And because of that idea a lot, even though you have an appt. with them don't always focus on the facts. The presentation warms them up and then they loosen up.
The most enjoyable is hearing back from customers who have done business with you after they finally see their live ad on screen, they are so tickled and have to share it with you. Feedback is the best from a pleased customer or a potential customer who has seen a friends live ad.

I love my job and my managers.
  more... Things change for the better but sometimes it takes many voices to get us where we need to be. Very competitive business and sometimes the "little" guy gets pushed back for the bigger $$. But I guess that's what growth is all about?  less
Pros
Management leaves you alone to do your job
Cons
I feel that there is a bigger interest in National ad $$.
Micro-management at it's best
Territory Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 2, 2015
If you are entry level then this is the place for you and good luck! Would not recommend for anyone who is an experienced sales professional.
Pros
work from home
Cons
tons
Fun, playful and full of energy
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NY, NYMay 19, 2015
This, as all my positions, have been aggressive cold calling. More than most it was face to face because of the difficulty to explain the concept of Cinema Advertising. It required me to demonstrate a tireless energy and display a pleasant disposition to all so to demonstrate to my reps.
This sell was very conceptual and required great communicative skill to provide the customer of the movie goer and the impact we provided. very fun
Pros
A very light hearted sell
Cons
Unstable industry in which we lost our contract with cinemas in New England
Love the job and the movie industry aspect of the job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2015
A typical day of work is to go on as many appointments as you can and as you have scheduled. I tried to have at least 4 to 5 scheduled appts a day and then cold call the rest of the day. I don't really know my co-workers because I am the only on in Central Arkansas and we don't have the opportunity to meet our co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is trying to make businesses understand cinema advertising. It is somewhat new to Arkansas and it seems people don't understand we are a branding medium and we help brand their business as well as top of mind awareness.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am really busy and I can close 4 -5 sales a week or even more. I really like to cold call and I think people are more apt to meet with you once you are in front of them.
Pros
The pros are I can call on any type of business. We are limited to one certain industry.
Cons
The cons are we are not offered very good insurance, and we don't get reimbursed for any lunches we buy for our clients, and we have no budget for any thing that we do to gain business, We also get paid very little gas milage. The commission is not what was promised.
great company to work for
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2014
I have been with them for 10 yrs and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. It has its up and downs but for the most part it is great.
Pros
compensation plan, vacation policy, management
Cons
ability to work from home
A fast paced sales cycle consisting of meeting with different business owners daily and working on short and long cycle sales.
Account Executive Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SdDecember 18, 2013
There is nothing about the "job" that I do not enjoy completely. I was hired through a competitor, Unique Screen Media, and they were then bought out by Screenvision. There has been many changes since this merger that have not been to my satisfaction. The issues I see are in regards to the level of customer service and respect I am able to offer to the business owners I meet with on a daily basis.

A typical week included me leaving home on a Monday morning for a market within my assigned terrritory. I would have 12 pre-set appointments each week, but spend the day between appointments doing door to door B2B cold calling.

I learned that in order to be successful in territory sales one must have determination, patience, and above all else a positive attitude.

I did not have the opportunity to meet with more than one other sales representative in my two years with the company and only worked side by side with management a handful of times.

The hardest part of this position was not being encouraged to meet, call or email fellow members of the sales team outside of weekly conference calls. In a position such as sales, I feel that any type of support by other sales executives, and management can make a difference in moral, and in the success of ones own sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel to different communities and visit with business owners daily. I loved being able to offer a solution to a business owner that worked within their budget and then see the end result of the ad hit the Big Screen at the local movie theatre.
Pros
Unlimited Income potential based on commission only, and being able to work independently to achieve sales goals.
Cons
Commission only can be difficult sometimes
NIce folks good company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2013
Nice field sales group excellent sales and support but lacking in corp....back up and marketing.....growing pains
Numbers driven management with no basis in relation to local economies
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2013
Very Interesting Product. Home office based reps. Remote regional management. Poor pay. Non-realistic representation of earning potentials. Non-protected territories. Not employee friendly working environment.
Pros
Home office
Cons
Poor Pay, Long Hours, No chance for advancement, abusive management
How they manage to stay in business is amazing...
Production (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 21, 2013
Great industry
Fun job
Horrible upper management
Completely unrealistic sales strategy
Their 'new' product is an absolute joke
Worst company communication
Company doesn't even know their employees by name or job title
Doesn't care about product quality or client satisfaction
Suggestions for improvement go ignored
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
everything else
exciting cinema advertising company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2012
I enjoy working at Screenvision however there are internal issues I have that have forced me to look for a change. I learned alot about event planning and branding. I also am in charge of producing client specific presentations for our sales team.
Typical Corporate Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2012
Work from Home Office, Strict Sales Quotas, Temporary employment for 5 months basically, Hard sell in many markets
Outstanding
National Sr Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  trave with home officeJuly 15, 2012
perfect managment
I made 6 figures
I like selling
personal friends with managemnt

created new prototcol for selling, ran groups of good reps to help others
Pros
money
Cons
i was laid off