Scripps Health Employee Reviews

Fast paced, friendly environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2017
Firm believer you get what you give. I've had nearly always positive experiences with the fellow staff and management. I experienced a friendly environment and only left because I moved to another state.

note- I worked for the float pool. SSRS
Pros
flexible scheduling with the options to change schedule last min through computer system
Cons
1 out of 5 locations to travel to on any given scheduled day so possibly 1hr travel.
great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 15, 2017
A typical day is just like others. trying to get your work completed and being called in to attend to help others.
Learned to advocate for my patients and the greatest thing that stands out for me is their culture of team work.
Acute Psychiatric Care, has a patio and ping pong table
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2017
Laid back, easy work assignments
patients run the show because they get bonus at year end based on patient satisfaction so they do whatever the patient wants whether its in the patients best interest or not.
Pros
Good Hospital
Cons
no support from management
Good Place to Work
MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2017
Only certain people get recognized, there are issues regarding management and Administrator, as long as you do your job and you don't miss to many days, you will do great. Great benefits and PTO can be from 4 - 6 weeks a year. Depending of how many years.
Pros
Great place to work for working moms
Cons
at times they are strict with your time off (some departments)
Great people, poor management
Radiologic Technologist(Full-time) (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 7, 2017
Was once a place that I thought where I would finish out my career.Those sentiments do not ring true anymore.Overworked underpaid.Life long employees treated horribly.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel Valley, CAJune 4, 2017
Where i work it is a fun and productive place to work. its like working with family for family. The hardest part of the job is having to get approvals from insurances for referrals that are urgent.
Scripps Hospice
Hospice RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2017
The team of nurses are amazing at Scripps Hospice. The nursing team works very well together to care for the families in San Diego. One challenge Scripps has is staffing/keeping management. Over the course of two years, there were six different managers.
Pros
Great nurses with years of experience and amazing bedside manner.
Cons
Expect your shift to go much longer than expected due to malfunctions of the old computers.
productive place to work at in the hospital
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2017
Great place, great people, just a good company to work for, and there is a lot of great opportunity to move around and become doing what you want in that field
Great place to apply your knowledge
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 30, 2017
Scripps hospitals are teaching hospitals, so you apply your knowledge as well as learning new skills. Doctors and providers are willing to teach you what is a new procedure for you.
Pros
Great medical insurance benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Great Company to Work for
Biller Coder (Current Employee) –  Rancho BernardoMay 24, 2017
I left Scripps and returned because I realized that the benefits they offer in and of themselves make working for this company extremely beneficial for me. I would love to be able to work from home like other companies in our county allow, however Scripps does not allow telecommuting. I do very much dislike the 60+ mile round trip commute I have every day.
Pros
Great benefits, Great culture!
Cons
Decent pay, could be more competetive
Staff camaraderie was excellent
L&D RN and Nursing Educator-Liaison (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 17, 2017
The staff camaraderie made working in Labor and Delivery at Scripps La Jolla a wonderful place to work. The staff was well informed, eager to learn, and always worked as a team. Nurses, midwives, physicians, and ancillary staff were top-notch.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
Management's lack of organization and follow-through
great benefits
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAMay 5, 2017
Loved the people I worked with. Very close and dependable coworkers. The schedule given was very hard for new families and sometimes very inflexible. loved that I was able to experience different departments.
Great team to work with.
Physician Assistant, MPA, PA-C (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2017
It is a great work enviornment and resources are at your finger tips, can ref pts to different specialties, can view all the necessary labs, imaging across all systems within the massive Scripps system.
Pros
Great Company/Malpractice
Cons
Low wages/Salary
Great staff to work with
L&D floor RN (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 28, 2017
Great staff on a busy unit, you need to be able to trust your coworkers in Labor & Delivery and you could here. Everyone felt like family more than coworkers. Management on the unit not very strong and available. In need o f a unit educator.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No APN for education
Great beneits
Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2017
Growing organization, ability to transfer within company
Good pay and excellent benefits
CEO friendly and approachable
Collegial working atmosphere, clear job expectations
Scripps is a great place to work.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of busy and rewarding work. Many days of successful care and satisfaction for the patients and the staff as well. A great team of doctors and overall staff cooperation that were willing to work hard together, even complimenting one another. (good times of eating, celebrations, working on our health together).
Pros
lots of free lunches, nice annual bonuses
Cons
It used to be a great place to work.
MASSAGE THERAPIST/PSR COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2017
Needs to have better management, and the management needs to treat employees better.I used to love coming into work and ended up hating it in the end.
Very bussey
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Very busey and stressful if you can handle that then great
Management all ways very stress did always work to
Give the time off you wanted also to give you the Holidays
You requested
Nice to worked with
Informatica/TalendETL Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Scripps is a company where competing truths coexist.

We are proud of our long and rich history, but we stay fixated on the future.

We are creating digital media brands that complement and support our successful television and radio stations but also some that could compete with and disrupt them.

We employ accomplished journalists who have earned prestigious industry awards and have authority with audiences. But we’re also a band of contrarians who challenge the process and push ourselves to do new things.
Great teamwork throughout hospital
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 23, 2017
Patient population is low on the socioeconomic spectrum and largely Spanish-speaking. This can be difficult for those who do not speak Spanish.

The small size of the hospital creates a close-knit environment and solid teamwork