Scripps Networks Interactive

Scripps Networks Interactive Employee Reviews

great company
Enterprise Data Architect (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2015
Greate leadership, company culture, benefit. By far the best company to work for in Knoxville, Tennessee. Work-life balance highly promoted in Scripps Networks.
Great company that is going through growing pains
Project Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great salary and benefits package, got to work on some very creative projects.
Cons: Lack of promotion opportunities in the department that I worked in, Promotions were based on favoritism rather than work credentials.
When I started working at Scripps, it was a medium sized company (less than 1000 employees) and had built a very nice culture that included a great work/life balance. As the company grew, it started to experience issues that are not uncommon with small companies that are trying to become larger and compete with their larger competitors. Some levels of management that were promoted from within did not, and in my opinion still do not, have the basic management skills needed for the positions that they are in. The company is also split in multiple sectors that do not appear to work well together. There is also the appearance of both a 'good ole boy' and a 'good ole girl' network within some of the sectors. This is not good for the overall success of the company.

There are a lot of really good, hard working individuals at the company. Unfortunately, there are also some individuals that believe the only way to succeed in their career is to step on, and belittle their co-workers. This leads to a lot of mistrust among the individuals and makes for environment that is less productive than it could be.
Good culture
System Administrator (Contractor) (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 12, 2015
Good culture, the management has been adequate, it really depends on who your direct report is, and the teams tend to get along well together
Good job not a good career
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), KnoxvilleApril 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Advancement is difficult
This is a good place to work. You can learn a lot at a fast pace. Advancement is super slow and positions aren't backfilled quickly.
Great Place to work if you qualify
Network Operations Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great culture, environment and benefits
Cons: some demanding management.
Scripps Networks is a nationally recognized company that is heavily invested in lifestyle and culture. They are a top notch company that requires top notch employees.

The culture at Scripps is second to none. They offer wonderful benefits and top notch pay rates. Many who work there have been there for years and love it.

Like all large corporate cultures, the management demands excellence. Most are reasonable and willing to work with you. Some however are hard-nosed and demanding, never seems to be satisfied.

So if you qualify and can get in the door, expect to stay there for the long haul. Just be wary of the more demanding management members.
Flexible Workplace with Excellent Benefits
Freelance Web Designer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Since I'm a freelancer, the work can sometimes be sporadic, but the pay was always excellent and the deadlines were reasonable. Maybe the most difficulty was with last minute changes, otherwise very enjoyable.
Great working with a great brand Food Network
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: meeting a few of the chefs and trying out new restaurants
Cons: long hours and demanding. hard to have a work/life balance
I have worked for Food Network for over 10 years. The job is demanding, fast paced and very detailed orientated. It's a great company to work for and I have worked with the same team members and manager for those 10+ years.
Food Network
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, Production Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
A great company to work for very caring about their employees.
Great!
Digital Programming Intern (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 13, 2014
Work was very rewarding and meaningful. Developed many applicable skills that would help in a related job, or in any professional workplace.
Fun place to work, but no one leaves
Ad Sales Planner, HGTV/DIY (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2014
The culture is great, but people love working here so much that there is no room for growth. A typical day is responding to emails for client needs. I have learned how to put together a media plan to satisfy our clients. The hardest part of the job is knowing that it's a support role. The part I enjoy is the content.
Fun and laid-back environment
Tape Librarian (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
I have learned about digital asset management.
I have made wonderful friends and connections.
Startup Network at the time
VP, Marketing (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 22, 2014
Generally good work environment. Some dis-function in top management due to lack of management experience and poor planning skills.
Fun Yet Productive Work Atmosphere
Intern, Human Resources International (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDMay 12, 2014
The Travel Channel (at Scripps Networks Interactive) proved to have a great work culture and worklife culture. Office is fun yet is very productive. Time management is necessary, as there is no hand holding and work must be completed in a timely manner.
its really good company to learned related IT things
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 28, 2014
Scripps network company its really big company I learned lot things from them they build my expertise in IT field
Scruffy Scripps
Director of Research, Consumer Insights (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 22, 2014
Pros: new facility
Cons: little turn over
Scripps began as a scruffy little media company and is now a top-notch player in the cable industry.
System Admin (Current Employee), KnoxvilleFebruary 24, 2014
Great place to work. Company takes care of its employees. Able to work with you and family.
Manager Accounting Operations (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 6, 2014
Great place to work, Great management, proactive, cutting edge of technology
Excellent place to work!
EA of EVP Digital Advertising Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: tons of benefits.
Cons: long hours.
At Scripps, I was exposed to the inner workings of the media industry, i.e. Food Network, HGTV, DiY, Cooking.com, Travel Channel, GAC). The company culture there is conducive to a happy work day and professional growth.
Casual and non-restricting environment
Office Coordinator Temp Assignment (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: flexibility in schedule
A typical day includes a wealth of diversity in job responsibilities. Reception, mail distribution, data base management, correspondence, ordering supplies, office space and vendor management.

Co-workers are relaxed and creative software engineers. The hardest part of the job is to get the engineers to do their paperwork. t

The most enjoyable part is the autonomy in allowing me to do my job without anyone looking over my shoulder or micro managing me.
Wonderful Company!
Online Digital Image Administrator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2013
Scripps is a great company to work for. I worked there for 8 years and was able to grow in my role and network with some amazing people.

Scripps Networks Interactive Salaries