Scrubs & Beyond Employee Reviews

Corporate and upper management don't care about employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 10, 2016
Corporate came out with more than excessive payroll and budget cuts. Was never given the proper training to run my store, and was given 19 hours a week to divide between 4 part time employees who were each being scheduled 15+ hours each week just 2 weeks prior. Worked as a salary employee for 3 years at a required 40 hours a week and then was told I have to work a minimum of 45-48 hours a week but still get paid a 40hr/ week salary. When I went to management about my concern I was told I could get with it or I could leave. Way underpaid. I was a store manager and was offered several assistant manager positions with companies of the same size and volume and they were offering me more money than I made here as a manager
Pros
Reasonable discounts
Cons
Way under paid if promoted from within.
Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 4, 2016
While workig with Life Uniform (Scrubs & Beyond) I gained significant customer service skills. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my manager and co-workers and felt the working environment was pleasant. While there I would work with customers on the sales floor or as a cashier. I also worked with opening and closing the store, inventory, and recording daily logs; which were all valuable duties for me.
productive work place
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYOctober 26, 2015
Its stressful working there because the store only allow person working in store, and its to much work for one person in one day.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No breaks, not enough hours and one coverage in store all times.
Its just another job
Customer Representative and Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 15, 2015
Slow in the amount of business it gets. Thus making the day take longer to go by. I greatly enjoyed that they gave free scrubs that they were featuring to the staff as well as a 55% discount
Pros
slow
Cons
slow
Great specialty business.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CIAugust 22, 2015
Pay is what to be expected in small format. The company is growing and there are pains but overall it is a good place to work. Fast paced and fun environment!
Pros
great customers, leadership is kind and willing to help.
Cons
irregular meal and break periods
Work ethic is wrong, and managment isn't respectful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work has a lot of chaos and unnecessary drama. The manager leaves management duties for part time workers to complete without any proper training.

I learned everything about working their on my own. Again, no proper training was ever give, so thankfully I had previous retail experience.

The manager is rude and self absorbed, and likes to pick favorites. Before that, I had never worked some where that treated their coworkers with such disrespect.

The "hardest" part of the job was doing everyone's job since nothing was ever completed. I also didn't think it was acceptable for a manager to leave her unfinished work for the other associates to finish.
Pros
The co-workers.
Cons
Won't get a break sometimes when working required hours, no communication, manager picks favorites, rude humor, won't honor request offs, people don't work their scheduled hours, and will cut your hours for no reason.
Easy Retail Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOAugust 25, 2012
I typically work a 8 hr shift everyday either by opening store or closing store. I open the registers and begin checking on special orders. I check in shipment for the day. Send out any fedex that needs to go out. Work out freight for the day. #1 is customer service. We must greet the customer within 60 seconds and assist them in every way possible. Give them 100% of our time from start to finish. Offering fitting room, calling other stores if not available at our store or ordering if not available at either store. The hardest part of my job is the drive. It takes me an hour to get to work each day and an hour to get home. However I enjoy everyone that I work with. We are close and like family. However the drive is just becoming too much for me.
Pros
always keeping busy
Cons
long drive
A learning experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 12, 2014
The best thing about this job was getting to learn the product. Knowing that I wanted to attend nursing school, it was very helpful to have hands on experience with the merchandise. The management staff emphasize excellence in customer service, which is a plus. The hardest part of the job was the battle between job/life balance and job security.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
didn't value job/life balance
Not a good company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 27, 2013
As an assistant store manager I was passed over twice for the store manager position then eventually they gave it to me after their first two choices ruined long term customer relationships. And even after all that I still gave my all to this company only to be treated badly after I was injured in their place of business doing work for them.
Pros
great location.
Cons
horrible management.
Good employees, bad management.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 8, 2013
The other employees at Scrubs & Beyond where very helpful and friendly, and I still consider them good friends. The management, however, was unprofessional and unhelpful. At Scrubs & Beyond, the employees helped me be better at approaching people and giving them the best experience at our store that I could give.
Pros
friendly environment, good pay
Cons
horrible hours, bad management
Horrible work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOMarch 29, 2015
Manager is a micro manager who will follow you around stealing sales. As a worker you will be treated like you're dumb. No one there will care about you at all!
Pros
None to list
Cons
Everything about the company
Nice And Easy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover MdJune 21, 2015
its very different from working in other retail stores, slower paced but still manageable. not much to do but make the customers happy
Seeking a better opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 31, 2014
Since company changed ownership I've decided to look for a better opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scrubs & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8