Scrubs & Beyond Employee Reviews

Good atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 19, 2017
was good and fun place to work, not a lot of hours given because sales are so bad. But the boos and co workers are nice and very helpful with the training
Horrible management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 25, 2017
I would have to say that this place can not keep anyone. They micro manage the manager is very unprofessional she talks to you as if you're incompetent . Corporate does absolutely nothing about her so she continues to loose her staff . So if you enjoy being treated like a child this is the job for you !!
Pros
Great company
Easy and chill
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
This is a great first job or a job for somebody who is looking for a second job in the medical field. But the management can be kind of sketchy and the rules for seniority do not apply. Its hard to schedule days off or take off days for being sick. I rarely requested off and when I did I had to fight to make plans. Very understaffed and not so stable hours.
Pros
Decent pay and fun environment
Cons
management and unstable hours
A great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoy this job the most out of all the jobs I've had, which isn't many but I love to be kept busy and on my feet. I always like to have something to do. I get along with my manager and coworkers which is a great thing in a work place.
Loved it
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2017
This was a very rewarding job. I got to know regular customers and they helped me find jobs to work at or schools worth my time. The job itself is very flexible. The company was willing to work with my school schedule. The only reason I left was because I finished my schooling.
Pros
great company.
Work independently and a small store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me putting on my uniform and begin opening the register. At scrubs and beyond I would help customers, maintain the sales floor appearance, etc. management was very understanding and always gave us opportunities to get extra hours. The workplace culture was fast past and with it being a small store I worked in peace a quite when business was slow. The hardest part of my job was working alone from time to time. However, I really enjoyed interaction with the customers.
Pros
Any purchase over $150.00 I received a $5 commission.
Cons
Short hours, worked alone sometimes, no store music.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2016
Everyone there is friendly and they definitely help each other. Managers are both great. We stay on top of things and when something goes wrong we try to fix it. We usually stay busy, but if not we always have something to do in the store to make it better.
Corporate and upper management don't care about employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 10, 2016
Corporate came out with more than excessive payroll and budget cuts. Was never given the proper training to run my store, and was given 19 hours a week to divide between 4 part time employees who were each being scheduled 15+ hours each week just 2 weeks prior. Worked as a salary employee for 3 years at a required 40 hours a week and then was told I have to work a minimum of 45-48 hours a week but still get paid a 40hr/ week salary. When I went to management about my concern I was told I could get with it or I could leave. Way underpaid. I was a store manager and was offered several assistant manager positions with companies of the same size and volume and they were offering me more money than I made here as a manager
Pros
Reasonable discounts
Cons
Way under paid if promoted from within.
Depends on the day!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Looking for something else because you can only run in place for so long. Always believe in yourself and keep moving forward.
Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 4, 2016
While workig with Life Uniform (Scrubs & Beyond) I gained significant customer service skills. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my manager and co-workers and felt the working environment was pleasant. While there I would work with customers on the sales floor or as a cashier. I also worked with opening and closing the store, inventory, and recording daily logs; which were all valuable duties for me.
productive work place
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYOctober 26, 2015
Its stressful working there because the store only allow person working in store, and its to much work for one person in one day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks, not enough hours and one coverage in store all times.
Its just another job
Customer Representative and Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 15, 2015
Slow in the amount of business it gets. Thus making the day take longer to go by. I greatly enjoyed that they gave free scrubs that they were featuring to the staff as well as a 55% discount
Pros
slow
Cons
slow
Great specialty business.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CIAugust 22, 2015
Pay is what to be expected in small format. The company is growing and there are pains but overall it is a good place to work. Fast paced and fun environment!
Pros
great customers, leadership is kind and willing to help.
Cons
irregular meal and break periods
Work ethic is wrong, and managment isn't respectful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work has a lot of chaos and unnecessary drama. The manager leaves management duties for part time workers to complete without any proper training.

I learned everything about working their on my own. Again, no proper training was ever give, so thankfully I had previous retail experience.

The manager is rude and self absorbed, and likes to pick favorites. Before that, I had never worked some where that treated their coworkers with such disrespect.

The "hardest" part of the job was doing everyone's job since nothing was ever completed. I also didn't think it was acceptable for a manager to leave her unfinished work for the other associates to finish.
Pros
The co-workers.
Cons
Won't get a break sometimes when working required hours, no communication, manager picks favorites, rude humor, won't honor request offs, people don't work their scheduled hours, and will cut your hours for no reason.
Nice And Easy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover MdJune 21, 2015
its very different from working in other retail stores, slower paced but still manageable. not much to do but make the customers happy
Horrible work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOMarch 29, 2015
Manager is a micro manager who will follow you around stealing sales. As a worker you will be treated like you're dumb. No one there will care about you at all!
Pros
None to list
Cons
Everything about the company
Seeking a better opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 31, 2014
Since company changed ownership I've decided to look for a better opportunity.
A learning experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 12, 2014
The best thing about this job was getting to learn the product. Knowing that I wanted to attend nursing school, it was very helpful to have hands on experience with the merchandise. The management staff emphasize excellence in customer service, which is a plus. The hardest part of the job was the battle between job/life balance and job security.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
didn't value job/life balance
Not a good company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 27, 2013
As an assistant store manager I was passed over twice for the store manager position then eventually they gave it to me after their first two choices ruined long term customer relationships. And even after all that I still gave my all to this company only to be treated badly after I was injured in their place of business doing work for them.
Pros
Great location.
Cons
Horrible management.
Good employees, bad management.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 8, 2013
The other employees at Scrubs & Beyond where very helpful and friendly, and I still consider them good friends. The management, however, was unprofessional and unhelpful. At Scrubs & Beyond, the employees helped me be better at approaching people and giving them the best experience at our store that I could give.
Pros
friendly environment, good pay
Cons
horrible hours, bad management