SCS Engineers Employee Reviews

SCS Engineers made it a fun and challenging workplace.
High BTU LFG Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2016
SCS Engineers is a really great company. There are many very knowledgeable people both in management and in the field.
I believe their business will continue to grow and prosper as well as their needs for qualified employees.
Pros
Great healthcare and retirement
SCS is a great place to grow in Environmental Science
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2016
At SCS Engineers, any one will have the opportunity to solve problems and work with local officials to make our environment safer and healthier.

I learned to work as a team player to bring the best of my skills to help solving complex environmental issues. I also had the chance to participate in research for project with local cities and government.

I loved my co-workers and our conversations at lunch time. Our outings and birthday celebrations were always fun and creative.

The hardest part of my job was to decide which items and solutions were the best to apply for the job commended after researching for a good amount of time.

The most enjoyable portion of working at SCS were my team and my supervisor. They taught me a lot in the field of environmental science. I will always miss them and continue to grow as an environment advocate.
Pros
Lunches, outings, technology, and team work
Great Place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work just slow at the moment is why I'm looking for other opportunities. Thanks SCS Engineers for all the great years
Good overall company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2014
SCS is a good overall company that has been growing by acquiring other companies over the last several years. This does create a challenge of integrating different philosophy's and office cultures. There are many intelligent and competent professionals there and a healthy employee owned overall corporate culture. I worked out of two offices that had recently been independent businesses and found the culture quite different.
Pros
healthy employee owned overall corporate culture
Cons
growing pains
Good people with little of the ego generated infighting I've seen in other engineering companies.
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2013
Typical day for the last year and half was unproductive due to lack of work.

In 10 years I learned much about grading and drainage, land surface design, and environmental engineering in many parts of the world.

Management worked hard to be fair to employees but always acted in the companies best interest.

Hardest part was finding things to keep busy.

Most enjoyable part was being busy. Worked Arizona but found engineers that needed my skills all over the country.
Pros
employee owned. your 100% vested in 5 years
Cons
employee owned - travel and meetings were on weekends when possible
Basically an enjoyable place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was the engineers I worked with. Really enjoyed the variety my administrative position afforded me. Not a lot of growth opportunity for me in my position. I learned a lot about the solid waste industry. Certain management was not good.
Great Company Great People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasMarch 16, 2012
Everyone I have worked with at this company has been easy to get along with. I have had very few issues with my experience there. They are extremely considerate and encouraging. I would work for them again in the future if the opportunity arises.
Busy environment.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work consists of many different projects. Co-workers are great people and the best part of work. Great place to work.
Pros
solid learning environment

Want to know more about SCS Engineers?

Ask a question