SCS Engineers Employee Reviews

scs
Long Beach CA Fusion Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2017
MY current job entails full time traveling. This is not for anyone who has home life obligations. If you want to live in hotels, work hard, make good money, learn skills and advance ones self, then working here would be for you.
Pros
60 hours a week, own hotel room, decent money
Cons
old equipment, small crews, could pay better
Management is lacking in vital HR training
Employee (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2017
Lacking supervisory skills and training in various types of discrimination and various types of harassment topics.
Work schedule: normal 8-5 M-F
Hardest part of job: Working with difficult personalities where each person believes that they are the most important and most intelligent person in the office
Pros
Pay is average
Cons
work moral and ethics is at a low
stressful place to work under certain supervisors
Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2017
Company overall is good and great benifits. They strive for improvements with constant meetings and programs. Unfortunely the company does not make it great. It's the people and I found the some of the people pass their stress around. Also a few have let their personal feelings interfere with business. To the point there was a vendetta to get someone fired and did with a strategy to document everything.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very bad communications, Everything is done through emails with instructions which is used to document for negative reasons
Fun group to work with and rewarding job
Project Professional (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 18, 2017
Contact with clients
Designs on projects
Reporting
Field Work
Contact with field technicians
Making sure compliance deadlines are met
Review of performance data
Organize meetings
Nice group of people
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 7, 2017
SCS Madison has a good group of professionals that strive to produce good results for their clients at a reasonable expense. The balance of work and personal life is reasonable for the type of consulting business it is due to extended field projects. The office has a number of activities to allow the staff to get to know each other. It is also family and dog friendly.
Pros
social activities
Cons
Consulting firm with all the scheduling issues.
good place to work at
Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2017
good place to work, friendly staff typically work outside in any type of weather or environment, all work sites are in landfills learned how landfills work.
Awesome place to work owners take car of ya
Fusion welder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 2, 2017
I'd love to work there again the people are great. The work is hard but rewarding. Own room when traveling. Plane travel from job site to job site
Pros
Cons
Travel a lot no time home
Receptionist; order supplies and keep areas clean
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2016
Great place. Caring people, lots of work to keep you busy. Great food when it's a special occasion. Some days are crazy busy some days aren't as bad. You will definitely get the hang of it.
SCS Engineers made it a fun and challenging workplace.
High BTU LFG Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2016
SCS Engineers is a really great company. There are many very knowledgeable people both in management and in the field.
I believe their business will continue to grow and prosper as well as their needs for qualified employees.
Pros
Great healthcare and retirement
SCS is a great place to grow in Environmental Science
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2016
At SCS Engineers, any one will have the opportunity to solve problems and work with local officials to make our environment safer and healthier.

I learned to work as a team player to bring the best of my skills to help solving complex environmental issues. I also had the chance to participate in research for project with local cities and government.

I loved my co-workers and our conversations at lunch time. Our outings and birthday celebrations were always fun and creative.

The hardest part of my job was to decide which items and solutions were the best to apply for the job commended after researching for a good amount of time.

The most enjoyable portion of working at SCS were my team and my supervisor. They taught me a lot in the field of environmental science. I will always miss them and continue to grow as an environment advocate.
Pros
Lunches, outings, technology, and team work
Great Place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work just slow at the moment is why I'm looking for other opportunities. Thanks SCS Engineers for all the great years
Basically an enjoyable place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was the engineers I worked with. Really enjoyed the variety my administrative position afforded me. Not a lot of growth opportunity for me in my position. I learned a lot about the solid waste industry. Certain management was not good.
Good overall company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2014
SCS is a good overall company that has been growing by acquiring other companies over the last several years. This does create a challenge of integrating different philosophy's and office cultures. There are many intelligent and competent professionals there and a healthy employee owned overall corporate culture. I worked out of two offices that had recently been independent businesses and found the culture quite different.
Pros
Healthy employee owned overall corporate culture
Cons
Growing pains
Busy environment.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work consists of many different projects. Co-workers are great people and the best part of work. Great place to work.
Pros
Solid learning environment
Cons
Good people with little of the ego generated infighting I've seen in other engineering companies.
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2013
Typical day for the last year and half was unproductive due to lack of work.

In 10 years I learned much about grading and drainage, land surface design, and environmental engineering in many parts of the world.

Management worked hard to be fair to employees but always acted in the companies best interest.

Hardest part was finding things to keep busy.

Most enjoyable part was being busy. Worked Arizona but found engineers that needed my skills all over the country.
Pros
employee owned. your 100% vested in 5 years
Cons
employee owned - travel and meetings were on weekends when possible
Great Company Great People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasMarch 16, 2012
Everyone I have worked with at this company has been easy to get along with. I have had very few issues with my experience there. They are extremely considerate and encouraging. I would work for them again in the future if the opportunity arises.