SDI

SDI United States Employee Reviews

Productive , Organized , Civilized program
carpenter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be as being productive as possible and working to the ability of my body function . The management of this program is organized and civil . The co-workers are as productive being able to work and collaborate with each other .
good place to work
software tester (Former Employee), waltham maSeptember 25, 2014
Technical Skills

Testing Tools Quick Test Pro, Selenium IDE, Terminal Emulator – Putty
Defect Tracking Tools Test Director, Mercury Quality Center, BugZilla, JIRA
Databases Oracle, PL/SQL developer, MS SQL Server, TOAD, MS-Access
Programming / Scripting C/C++, Java, SQL PL/SQL, VB Script, Java script, Shell, Sed/Awk
Web Technologies/Servers IIS, Apache Tomcat, ASP, HTML, DHTML, XML, Perl, JavaScript
Operating Systems MS-DOS, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows NT/XP/2000
Java Technologies Java, Servlets, J2EE, JDBC
Source Control Subversion
Others MS Office
Productive and a sociable place to work at...
Process Line Worker (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: there are always positions opening all the time...
Cons: the hours of course... some people want a social life after work...
I worked the 2nd shift... It isn't the greatest hours, 4pm - 2:30 am ... There are a wonderful bunch of people working there... and everybody gets along with everybody, a friendly place to work at...
Excellent place to work, fast paced, no time to get bored.
Chief Technologist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: free coffee and soft drinks
Cons: often had to work sat & sun to accomplish rapid prototyping requirements.
You go into work and begin immediately on the "bleeding edge" of the latest technologies. Everyone contributes because everyone knows he doesn't know it all. Design reviews are non threatening and extremely constructive. The hardest part of the job was remembering you had a family at home. The job was so much fun you forgot about the time.
Knowledgeable insight about airbags.
Assembler (Former Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: moving around to different stations and training.
Cons: not paid enough.
typical day: badge through turnstyle gates and work at your stations.

what i learned: airbag initiators, components and how they work.

management: fair.

co-workers: friendly and helpful.

hardest part of the job: competing with machinery (robotics).

enjoyable part of the job: how the smallest components work to save lives.
Supportive and encouraging place to work with room to grow skills
Technical Writer / Editor (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: supportive staff available to answer any questions or help me troubleshoot problems
Cons: none really
I fully enjoyed my time at SDI. All the staff were very helpful and encouraged me to learn more skills and increase my value in the job force. I would work for them again in a heart beat!
Very friendy work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bensenville, ILApril 24, 2013
• Operated office machines such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, and voice mail systems
• Opened, sorted, and routed incoming mail, answered correspondences, and prepared outgoing mail.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bristol, PAFebruary 28, 2013
I loved this place. Friendly staff great hours and pay. I would have stayed but i found a better job.
Consulting company with great support staff
Technical Writer / Editor (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great salary, holiday pay
Cons: only one week vacation regardless of time served, no pay increases, no paid time off for sick days.
I fully enjoyed working for SDI. They placed me at IBM and managed all my hiring with them. I worked for them for 9 years, and my duties varied, depending on what was needed by my IBM team. I started as a Jr. Technical Writer and soon advanced to my team's technical writer and editor, and then to Sr. Technical writer. SDI was always there to answer any questions, help with difficulties I encountered, or just to lend an ear when things got rough. When I found my job was being moved overseas, the staff was kind and caring, and gave me 6 weeks notice - more then any other team member was given.
Great company to work for at that time.
Operations Security Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2012
Pros: had an opportunity to achieve a comfortable lifestyle.
Cons: became macro managed by accounting.
Hard to find employers like this anymore. It was a very goal oriented company with annual sales projections and budgets. Everyday was a push to achieve monthly sales targets. Tons of national and local programming to help support monthly objectives.

The hardest part was to do it all over again, month after month and year after year.

I was taught to never fail both parts of the equation!
Review
Customer Service (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 8, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Good enviroment to work, quite, and organized, responsible coworkers,
Great benefits, variety of job responsibilities
Paralegal/Office/HR Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 19, 2012
Pros: health care benefits, variety of responsibilities.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement, no work/life balance
My employment at SDI was valuable as I was able to expand my paralegal responsibilities to other areas such as land and property management, human resources, litigation, oil and gas regulations, and drafting and negotiating various types of contracts including contract management. They offered excellent pay and health benefits, plus vacation and sick time. I thoroughly enjoyed my position as I was provided the opportunity to wear many hats and to work with people from all walks of life, from attorneys to farmers. The down-side to SDI is it only had 4 employees and business was slow, so the chance for advancement was minimal.

About SDI

Since 1996, SD·I has invested in building a technology-based consultancy that addresses the needs of owners and managers – Read more