Sea Mar Community Health Center

Sea Mar Community Health Center Employer Reviews

Sea Mar is Diverse and Employes Spanish and Russian speaking People
Medical Records Clerk I (Current Employee), Vancouver WashingtonApril 19, 2014
Pros: health insurance for the employee is free.
Cons: if you are english speaking only it will be tough to move up.
It is a very diverse Health Care Company. It helps the people that are unable to pay . The hardest part of the job is when trying to move up in the company, if you do not have Spanish or Russian as a second language then you are stuck. All the people I work with are wonderful and work as a team
Great place to work with diverse population
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), TacomaJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: benefit package is one of the best
Cons: lacks support to managers. salary. unethical.
Every day is a new adventure and the clients are great. Integration of care was an important aspect to the job and it was great working with all departments for the best outcome of the client.

The most difficult part was a change in management and how the new management pitted staff against staff and managers against managers. Managers were asked to do unethical practices to ensure monetary gain for SM. When managers questioned these actions, they received severe consequences. Hispanics were paid higher than non-hispanics and favored. Lack of confidentiality of staff medical records and staff consequences was a huge issue.
A nice enjoyable place to work, really caring co-workers
Per Diem Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJanuary 16, 2014
Had a great experience working with the providers and learned a lot from them
Sea Mar is a family of workers
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 13, 2013
Great place to work, patient are great and you learn something new every day you go into work. Sea Mar is a great learning experience.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Activities Assistant at the Care Center (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2013
At Sea Mar, I have had the opportunity to gain experience with cross-cultural health care, and have deepened my understanding of what it means to retain dignity in health care. My supervisors are inspiring and the residents are so much fun to work with!
I have been working as a Nursing assistant for nine years In different location in settle, Washington and San Diego, California
CNA (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 24, 2013
I work under the direction or supervision of the registered
Nurse; and providing assistance to patients with activities of daily living, providing basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients, assists in maintenance of a safe, clean environment under the direction and supervision of a RN, and performs other duties as I assigned.
Great place to work!
Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee), OlympiaApril 4, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits (100% paid medical), great pto and the flexibility to take your time off with no hassles, growth potential for those who aspire, they always post open positions inhouse before they post in job boards giving the staff the chance.
Cons: pay could be better, sometimes very mean providers (most of the mean ones are usually locums who care less)
Sea Mar is a company that delivers to patients and society what they say they do. Working for Seamar brings the joy and satisfaction of serving and bringing a smile to a society which no other medical organization would otherwise care for. As a Supervisor the best part of my job was making sure evey patient was taken care of in the best way possible, make sure that the providers were appropriately staffed to ensure a smooth clinic flow and at the end of the day also making sure that the staff and entire team had the resources and tools to do their job in an excellent fashion.
Seamar is respected in the community for serving a diverse patient population without discrimination of any kind. When you work for Sea Mar you know you are making a difference and for me it was a badge I was proud to have. Sea Mar gets 5 stars, Great employer for those aspiring to break into the medical field and have compassion and integrity.
Productive and fun environment.
National Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 12, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job, was bonding with the patients. Most of them have been coming to Sea Mar for so long, that it's nice to be able to establish a relationship with them.
Able to work off site
Client Statistic System Developer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2013
I worked with a small group of four to solve difficult problems. The hardest part is creating a mathematical model to help Sea Mar understand how many people they serve.
fast place but also a fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 3, 2012
Work hours are from 8am to 5pm sometimes little later depends on providers with patients, While working at SeaMar i have learned many of differnet skills, I have work in many different areas of my job feild, Supervisors are always their for employees and are willing to help, co-workers are loving, careing, and willing to teach you when you want to learn something, I enjoyed be able to learn everyday, to help patients that were in need of help and working with a team that is always willing to help eachother out.
the hardest part of the job
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2012
Pros: free health care
Cons: salary
Making thing work with little resources. Expect to where multiple hats and working a lot of overtime to compensate of staff shortages.
call center receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), Burien, WAJuly 17, 2012
Pros: free medical, great benefits, union job
Cons: not much of an advance without schooling
Scheduling appointments, prescriptions refill requests, making outbound calls for appointment reminders

About Sea Mar Community Health Center

Sea Mar Community Health Centers was organized by a group of Latino community leaders and health activists who dreamed of developing – Read more