Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

People were nice to work with
Manifestor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working there and the Management. The Company takes great interest in their employees. Company is very well ran and always has the best interest of the employees.
Nice Buisness
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKOctober 5, 2017
not enough hours anymore a new plant open so cuts our hours down alot and we receive less hogs and less orders to ship out to our clients so no more overtime
it was alright
Level 2 Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Julesburg, COSeptember 30, 2017
management was iffy, work hours were alright, very filthy due to livestock, terrible smell, didn't pay to well, not enough vacation time, had to stay on site and couldn't leave for lunch
Pros
goodwork
Cons
pig excrament everywhere
Work you like dogs and treat you like them too
Live production hourly employee (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 25, 2017
I worked at a farm as an hourly employee. The management at my farm was the worst I have ever seen. They treated you like a work horse and didn't care if you were there for 12 hour a day. The manager was unsympathetic about your personal life and needs and didn't give days off. They even took away my one scheduled day off the day before I was suppose to take it. The farm I worked at was short staffed and the manager did not show an ounce of gratitude for the hourlys that were taking on the extra workload during that time. As an hourly employee I never received a penny of over-time even though I consistently worked 60+ hours a week.
Pros
Benefits were pretty good
Cons
Literally everything else
Too quick paced to get things done correctly
Farrower (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, IASeptember 25, 2017
Its a good place to work if you're an animal person and the pay is good. It's another way to meet new people at the same time but it's too quick paced to get the things done correctly
No structure
HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, KSSeptember 14, 2017
My supervisor had only be there 3 months prior to my arrival, she and I we both still very new to these positions and it was very stressful for only 2 people to working in a fast pace environment like that.
Pros
The workers
Cons
The work itself
Divertido, peri nada gratis
Operador De Pallet-Jack (Former Employee) –  Guymon, Oklahoma.August 30, 2017
Es una compañía eficaz, eficiente, con una excelente organización y dirección, buen trato y un buen ambiente laboral.
Pros
Si se iftece seguro médico
Cons
Si hay lis suficientes descansos
The management could have been better
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OK 73942August 24, 2017
I had a few issues with the way some things were handled by my direct supervisor and I didn't feel appreciated as an employee. I thought that was I was doing for the company was exemplary and apparently I was wrong.
Pros
pay, hours, benefits
Cons
smell, location, management
Productive fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 21, 2017
Fork lift op package handler. Every day was w
Enjoyable for me our team or staff was amazing
Always willing and determine to make you better
A job to retire from
Pros
Hours good and fast to move up in company
Cons
There really not none
A very productive and nice place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rolla, KSAugust 9, 2017
My typical day is doing some data entry and reports, answering phones, organizing meat sales, inventory of supplies and keeping scheduling for the Transportation Mananger
Pros
Benefits are excellent, great people to work with
Cons
It gets a little boring for me
Productive work enviornment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 4, 2017
As an intern at Seaboard my typical day consisted of working in excel and learning how to use the financial formulas. I learned how to read accounting ledgers and dealt with accounts payable and accounts receivable. I reported to the financial analyst with consolidated reports that I created on excel with prior and current years information.
Being responsible
Any position (Former Employee) –  Rolla, KSJuly 26, 2017
Show your boss u can be at your work place 10 minutes early staying active and showing respect to other people around you and always doing what you are told to do.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Transportation Assistant-Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 17, 2017
It was exciting to learn how to process overseas shipments and the paperwork that goes along with that. It was also exciting working with overseas liasons.
Assuring product quality
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 15, 2017
Assuring that production follows within the establishments HACCP plan and product is in good quality before entering commerce. inspecting that all GMP's are followed assuring that all work utensiles are clean and sanitary for use.
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
seaboard foods
farmer (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJune 28, 2017
a typical day at work at seaboard foods is showering is (bio security)
feeding and checking over all of the hogs, there is around 4,000 hogs at the barn i work at. I have learned what to do there and what i need to look for to make sure there is no sick hogs.
Great pay and benefits
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed my job and the supervisors were very helpful----dd not enjoy the size of the town or distance from family. I enjoyed the overtime and benefits that came with the job.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
production job
Operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hugoton, KSJune 23, 2017
it is a 24 hours production jobs that involve in swine business. they take care the quality of the product. I enjoy working with the crew member because they respect each other responsibilities. You`ve been paid with the hour so every hour you work will be paid. Since it it a production business you are required to work even weekend if there is a work to be done.
Pros
you paid with the hours
Cons
no enough paid vacation time. only holidays
great people to work with
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 22, 2017
I loved working the people and upper management, if the days where short I felt I wasn't doing enough. i loved the challenges and proving people wrong when needed.
Pros
great benefits
A good company to work for.
Feed haul driver (Former Employee) –  Hugoton, KSMay 26, 2017
A typical day was pleasant if the weather was good. If there had been rain or snow the roads to the farms would become muddy, and if you get stuck you'd have to wait for a tractor to pull you through the mud. If conditions get bad enough we would have to use our ag exemption and continue to work through the weekend, and occasionally we'd work for two or three weeks with no time off.
Pros
Good pay, advancement opportunaties
Cons
Some lack of comunication
productive fun place to work
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMay 25, 2017
I have worked for this company for 15 years. Great place to work management is awesome. Safety classes given and are a plus. Great benefits given. Overtime was optional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.