Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable work experience
Captive bolt (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 9, 2016
A typical day of work was relaxing non hassle. I learned how to captive bolt, and how to handle animals in a large crowd. Management was very respectful, encouraging, and helpful in times of need. My co-workers were helpful with each other, respectful, and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with strict USDA animal handling guidelines, and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with live animals.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonuses, management, and coworkers
Cons
USDA guidelines, and location
Excellent opportunity for growth and development
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 12, 2016
I started out as a supervisor here at this plant, and eventually got promoted. Typical day at the plant was busy, if it wasn't repairs, it was work orders and PM's, get parts and materials lined up for the weekend projects. with all the automation installation I really got a chance to hone in on my electrical skills and troubleshooting. All the co-workers there both production and maintenance for the most part were easy to get along with. Everyone has their bad days right. I really cant think of anything hard about that job other than lack of stock parts. This got rather taxing at times but it made me better in a sense that it challenged me to think outside the box sometimes when making repairs. I enjoyed the challenge of getting to make a difference and make improvements. I had a great director, a good management team, and some hard working team members.

Good Luck Seaboard!
Pros
4-3 schedule, plenty of vacation time, plenty of chances to learn.
Cons
I can only think one but will not share
Very good people and management to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKNovember 15, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company. The only problem was having to work nights if it wouldn't had been for my coworkers and management it would of of been hard.
very unprofessional, played with favoritism
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 23, 2016
not a healthy environment to work for.they show no interest of any of your work. showed alot of favortism within the management department. they didnt want to hear any of your opinions.
Great company if you can play the good ole' boys game!
Operations Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 8, 2016
I accepted this position on the basis that my skill set was needed and demanded; I was very wrong. I was the patsy that got played from the very beginning. A few things to keep in mind before you start down the path of interviewing and/or accepting the job at Seaboard Foods.

1. The interview vs. the actual working environment are two VERY different things! I felt that the royal red carpet had been rolled out for my interview and first couple of training days. When the real work week began after I relocated it was very different; attitude, environment, employees, etc. All very strange and kind of cold.

2. Get EVERYTHING in writing! My contract did not call for working on the weekends; about 2 months after I started, I was now required to work Sundays in addition to the Monday through Friday.

3. Be careful about what is communicated amongst your co-workers and/or manager. At times I wish I had recorded what was said vs. not said.

4. Do not let the $$/salary influence your decision! I let the pay make my decision and I should have weighed out other options before just jumping and saying yes. The pay is excellent as is the benefits package but be prepared to sign over your personal life as well as their balance between work & life doesn't mix well and even more so if you are single with no family.
Pros
Assortment of responsibliites & projects
Cons
Work/life balance, trust, communication
Laied back work envorment
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 29, 2016
Seaboard is a really great company very diverse from hourly employees to uper management if i did not move out of state i would still work their
Pros
Money & the food
Cons
Mandory overtime
Biggest mistake of my life!!!
Heardsman (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 29, 2016
Seaboard is a joke. I will never work for that company again. There was more hate then kindness. There was so much animal abuse going on and nothing was done about it. Trashtalking is like a second language at Seaboard. Also co workers would get high at the farm on company time. What a wonderful place to work. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! They will run you out if they dont like you.
Pros
The drive home
Cons
Barn manager plus all farrowers and breeders
Unprofessional
Interviewed Only (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 24, 2016
They took seven weeks to reimburse me for my expenses incurred for the interview process. If you are comimg in from out of state to interview for a position (which is typical, as the facility in Guymon, OK is very remote), have them fly you in. Do not spend a dime of your own money as you will just get the run around for months. Fair warning.
Great Opportunities
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Good people to work with, Great benefits several opportunities to advance if you work hard. Overall a great company.
Pros
Great benefits
Ok job, no team work and non rewarding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
As a former maintenance tech, this job is fair at best......the best part about this job was the production employees they were awesome and good friends
Pros
The four ten hour work week
Cons
Atomesphere and unqualified techs
Fun workplace
Equipment Repair Maintance (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 2, 2016
Great place to settle down if looking to stay in one place. Everyone knows and get along with one another. Easy minimum labored work. A well satisfying job
normal
Wet End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 18, 2016
The people were great workers. Management listened to the employees. Fast paced work environment. Safety was top priority both in food and the employees.
Good, fun place to work
Multi-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 26, 2015
Excellent benefit package, management that recognizes talent and promotes from within, good training, company that strives to make a difference.
A job full of drama
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  May, OKNovember 1, 2015
Seaboard is a decent company to work for if you have the right management. If not there is so much drama you think you work for a soap opera.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no povertime for farm workers, to much drama, high turn around rate on employees
very poorly managed
mill operator (Current Employee) –  guymon okJanuary 19, 2013
This company has been located in guymon for twenty years and in twenty years they have not figured out how to run this company management is poorly paid most hourly employees make more per year than their immediate supervisor also the rules and regulations can change from day to day just because it was ok to do something yesterday doesn't mean you can do the same thing tomorrow also common sense is not a quality that is rewarded you are nothing but a sheep your opinion and ideas are not well received but they my be used by your boss as his ideas and advancement all depends on your ability to brown nose and say the yes I have applied for several positions I was qualified for and never even received an interview
Cons
you name it
Nice Career
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 12, 2016
Fair pay, nice people to work with, like working as a team as such. Good supervisors, that know what they are doing and have understanding op people at work.
Growth environment, International culture. Strong financially.
Managing Director/Financial Director (Current Employee) –  Sierra Leone - The Gambia - Angola - MozambiqueOctober 6, 2014
As a Managing Director, I travel frequently to different affiliate offices to train Financial directors and implement procedures to expatriates and local alike which exposes me to different cultures and different languages in diverse business environment. This is very exciting, fulfilling and challenging, all of which which I enjoy.
this job enables me to have personal growth and to continuously enhance my business experiences.

Working with co-workers and employees of diverse nationalities is a compliment to the day to day management and operational challenges and it helps me to be creative, open minded and team orientated.
The hardest part of this job is to be able to adjust on a daily basis to he unique but changing political environments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to look back at the accomplishments. The successful completion of projects within budgets and time periods, the satisfaction of seeing your team grow and benefit personally, financially and professionally.
Pros
Travelling and the expatriate experience for me and my family.
Cons
Unstable environments in most overseas locations; Violence, diseases, etc.
Family Oriented
Loyal Employee (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSOctober 8, 2012
Although Seaboard Foods is a division of the fortune 500 company, Seaboard Corporation, the culture is a family friendly work environment.

This is by far the best company I have worked for and I hope to work here for many, many years.
Pros
job security, career growth opportunities, employees are rewarded and appreciated for their hard work, you want to come to work every day.
safety Officer Feed Data Entry ClerkWas (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2015
I started on a sow farm and learn the company from the field and was able to move through different departments. They allowed me to move through the course of my life and employment to be apart of a team, and be able to raise my boys. I move up while doing both my jobs.
Pros
flexible with your family time
Cons
very political
great people to work with and great hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 23, 2016
weld replace motors fix everything in my department doing preventive maintenance joke around with co-workers and get our task done in timely manor
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.