Seaboard Foods Employee Review

View all Seaboard Foods reviews

Uncomfortable workplace with no regard for rules or regulations.
ERM Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 9, 2013
A typical day at Seaboard Foods, Inc. in the ERM dept. would include sitting around for half an hour after clocking in, drinking coffee and talking about sports. Then, usually, after the guys who the supervisor favored picked what they wanted to do for the day they would send us all out to do the day's assignments.
I, personally, learned the basis of everything I was taught in the first couple months. Then, I was stuck doing the same bottom-of-the-totem-pole assignments every day. I never got the chance to learn anything more than the basics. I was never allowed to reach my full potential, as an entry-level employee at Seaboard you get no respect and you get no praise for your hard work from any of your bosses.
As far as co-workers go, it just depends on who your boss is going to favor over or under yourself. The Seaboard corporation is a textbook hierarchy and everybody feels the effects of it. As a bottom level employee, I was miserable the entire time I worked there. All around you all day is constant harassment and sexual harassment, although in a comic reference usually, still uncomfortable for most of the guys.
The hardest part of the job was just working there, not because the work was hard, but because of the negative environment and favoritism of certain employees. For instance, my boss would often take the same guy to McDonald's for lunch and bring it back for everyone else with a paper-bag lunch to watch them eat. And, often times, that same employee would be allowed to leave with his wife for lunch when, supposedly, no one's allowed to go out and eat for lunch
  more... EXCEPT the bosses, of course.
The most enjoyable part of the job was five o'clock every day.
Pros
Windshield time
Cons
Fear of being fired without warning, Pig feces, Long hours

Other Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

Multinacional, buen ambiente de trabajo
Ingeniero Electrico (Former Employee) –  oklahomaDecember 8, 2017
Se trabaja con mucha seguridad, aprendi mantenimiento mecanico y electrico,
Not at all what I expected
Feedmill employee (Current Employee) –  Hugoton, KSDecember 7, 2017
I knew when I was hired on that the work may be tough and the hours would be long but it would be a great learing experience as a person in my position. I have no direction within my job and have not learned near the amount that my peers from my graduating class have. I am trying to get a new job and I have nothing to show for the time that I have spent here.
Every day is a drama fest, the bosses don't do a thing about it, even when it effects the quality and quantity of work. It is embarrassing to work at this location.
Pros
Great benefits and decent pay
Cons
No organization, Drama filled workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.