Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Equipment Repair Maintance (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 2, 2016
Great place to settle down if looking to stay in one place. Everyone knows and get along with one another. Easy minimum labored work. A well satisfying job
Very good people and management to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKNovember 15, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company. The only problem was having to work nights if it wouldn't had been for my coworkers and management it would of of been hard.
Ok job, no team work and non rewarding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
As a former maintenance tech, this job is fair at best......the best part about this job was the production employees they were awesome and good friends
Pros
The four ten hour work week
Cons
Atomesphere and unqualified techs
Biggest mistake of my life!!!
Heardsman (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 29, 2016
Seaboard is a joke. I will never work for that company again. There was more hate then kindness. There was so much animal abuse going on and nothing was done about it. Trashtalking is like a second language at Seaboard. Also co workers would get high at the farm on company time. What a wonderful place to work. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! They will run you out if they dont like you.
Pros
The drive home
Cons
Barn manager plus all farrowers and breeders
Unprofessional
Interviewed Only (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 24, 2016
They took seven weeks to reimburse me for my expenses incurred for the interview process. If you are comimg in from out of state to interview for a position (which is typical, as the facility in Guymon, OK is very remote), have them fly you in. Do not spend a dime of your own money as you will just get the run around for months. Fair warning.
very unprofessional, played with favoritism
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 23, 2016
not a healthy environment to work for.they show no interest of any of your work. showed alot of favortism within the management department. they didnt want to hear any of your opinions.
Most enjoyable work experience
Captive bolt (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 9, 2016
A typical day of work was relaxing non hassle. I learned how to captive bolt, and how to handle animals in a large crowd. Management was very respectful, encouraging, and helpful in times of need. My co-workers were helpful with each other, respectful, and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with strict USDA animal handling guidelines, and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with live animals.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonuses, management, and coworkers
Cons
USDA guidelines, and location
Excellent opportunity for growth and development
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 12, 2016
I started out as a supervisor here at this plant, and eventually got promoted. Typical day at the plant was busy, if it wasn't repairs, it was work orders and PM's, get parts and materials lined up for the weekend projects. with all the automation installation I really got a chance to hone in on my electrical skills and troubleshooting. All the co-workers there both production and maintenance for the most part were easy to get along with. Everyone has their bad days right. I really cant think of anything hard about that job other than lack of stock parts. This got rather taxing at times but it made me better in a sense that it challenged me to think outside the box sometimes when making repairs. I enjoyed the challenge of getting to make a difference and make improvements. I had a great director, a good management team, and some hard working team members.

Good Luck Seaboard!
Pros
4-3 schedule, plenty of vacation time, plenty of chances to learn.
Cons
I can only think one but will not share
Laied back work envorment
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 29, 2016
Seaboard is a really great company very diverse from hourly employees to uper management if i did not move out of state i would still work their
Pros
Money & the food
Cons
Mandory overtime
normal
Wet End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 18, 2016
The people were great workers. Management listened to the employees. Fast paced work environment. Safety was top priority both in food and the employees.
Nice Career
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 12, 2016
Fair pay, nice people to work with, like working as a team as such. Good supervisors, that know what they are doing and have understanding op people at work.
Great company if you can play the good ole' boys game!
Operations Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 8, 2016
I accepted this position on the basis that my skill set was needed and demanded; I was very wrong. I was the patsy that got played from the very beginning. A few things to keep in mind before you start down the path of interviewing and/or accepting the job at Seaboard Foods.

1. The interview vs. the actual working environment are two VERY different things! I felt that the royal red carpet had been rolled out for my interview and first couple of training days. When the real work week began after I relocated it was very different; attitude, environment, employees, etc. All very strange and kind of cold.

2. Get EVERYTHING in writing! My contract did not call for working on the weekends; about 2 months after I started, I was now required to work Sundays in addition to the Monday through Friday.

3. Be careful about what is communicated amongst your co-workers and/or manager. At times I wish I had recorded what was said vs. not said.

4. Do not let the $$/salary influence your decision! I let the pay make my decision and I should have weighed out other options before just jumping and saying yes. The pay is excellent as is the benefits package but be prepared to sign over your personal life as well as their balance between work & life doesn't mix well and even more so if you are single with no family.
Pros
Assortment of responsibliites & projects
Cons
Work/life balance, trust, communication
Great Opportunities
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Good people to work with, Great benefits several opportunities to advance if you work hard. Overall a great company.
Pros
Great benefits
great people to work with and great hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 23, 2016
weld replace motors fix everything in my department doing preventive maintenance joke around with co-workers and get our task done in timely manor
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short breaks
nace place to work
loin puller machine (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 12, 2016
I learned how to work with knifes and machines. I learned how to work the fast I can. how to do the most of me. I learned how to work with a team.
Good, fun place to work
Multi-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 26, 2015
Excellent benefit package, management that recognizes talent and promotes from within, good training, company that strives to make a difference.
good place
Leadman Classifier (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 1, 2015
was fun hardwork good workers good supervisors learned a lot liked the cafeteria liked being leadman within 6 months span
A job full of drama
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  May, OKNovember 1, 2015
Seaboard is a decent company to work for if you have the right management. If not there is so much drama you think you work for a soap opera.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no povertime for farm workers, to much drama, high turn around rate on employees
Fun Environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 16, 2015
This is the best company I have worked for in my career thus far. They are challenging and listen to my concerns. Everyone is a team player, and we help each other in times of need. I have learned a lot working for this company.
Nice company. Nice employees.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2015
Good company. I enjoyed working there and I would work there again if I had trouble finding other employment opportunities.