Safety & Health Intern (Former Employee) – Guymon, OK – March 13, 2013
Each day was different and expectations were set ahead of time so that I would know where I stood after a short period of time. I learned so much! Management was friendly, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions. I was given an atmosphere that let me reach my potential. Since, I am independent and can work at constant level of positive output, I was not restrained to doing exactly what was listed for the day. I could move on to other sections or details and when it was suitable come back to previous items. I also enjoyed the team spirit of working together to resolve issues. The toughest part I would say was that I was taking 9 credit hours online during my internship, but I managed quite well. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was making a positive difference on whatever task I was working on.
popcorn machine in office building, friendly coworkers, and how company is involved in community!
Heardsman (Former Employee) – Iowa – August 29, 2016
Seaboard is a joke. I will never work for that company again. There was more hate then kindness. There was so much animal abuse going on and nothing was done about it. Trashtalking is like a second language at Seaboard. Also co workers would get high at the farm on company time. What a wonderful place to work. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! They will run you out if they dont like you.
Interviewed Only (Former Employee) – Guymon, OK – August 24, 2016
They took seven weeks to reimburse me for my expenses incurred for the interview process. If you are comimg in from out of state to interview for a position (which is typical, as the facility in Guymon, OK is very remote), have them fly you in. Do not spend a dime of your own money as you will just get the run around for months. Fair warning.
Captive bolt (Former Employee) – Guymon, OK – August 9, 2016
A typical day of work was relaxing non hassle. I learned how to captive bolt, and how to handle animals in a large crowd. Management was very respectful, encouraging, and helpful in times of need. My co-workers were helpful with each other, respectful, and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with strict USDA animal handling guidelines, and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with live animals.
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) – Guymon, OK – July 12, 2016
I started out as a supervisor here at this plant, and eventually got promoted. Typical day at the plant was busy, if it wasn't repairs, it was work orders and PM's, get parts and materials lined up for the weekend projects. with all the automation installation I really got a chance to hone in on my electrical skills and troubleshooting. All the co-workers there both production and maintenance for the most part were easy to get along with. Everyone has their bad days right. I really cant think of anything hard about that job other than lack of stock parts. This got rather taxing at times but it made me better in a sense that it challenged me to think outside the box sometimes when making repairs. I enjoyed the challenge of getting to make a difference and make improvements. I had a great director, a good management team, and some hard working team members.
Good Luck Seaboard!
4-3 schedule, plenty of vacation time, plenty of chances to learn.
Great company if you can play the good ole' boys game!
Operations Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) – Guymon, OK – March 8, 2016
I accepted this position on the basis that my skill set was needed and demanded; I was very wrong. I was the patsy that got played from the very beginning. A few things to keep in mind before you start down the path of interviewing and/or accepting the job at Seaboard Foods.
1. The interview vs. the actual working environment are two VERY different things! I felt that the royal red carpet had been rolled out for my interview and first couple of training days. When the real work week began after I relocated it was very different; attitude, environment, employees, etc. All very strange and kind of cold.
2. Get EVERYTHING in writing! My contract did not call for working on the weekends; about 2 months after I started, I was now required to work Sundays in addition to the Monday through Friday.
3. Be careful about what is communicated amongst your co-workers and/or manager. At times I wish I had recorded what was said vs. not said.
4. Do not let the $$/salary influence your decision! I let the pay make my decision and I should have weighed out other options before just jumping and saying yes. The pay is excellent as is the benefits package but be prepared to sign over your personal life as well as their balance between work & life doesn't mix well and even more so if you are single with no family.
This is the best company I have worked for in my career thus far. They are challenging and listen to my concerns. Everyone is a team player, and we help each other in times of need. I have learned a lot working for this company.
Seaboard foods is an integrated food company producing Prairie Fresh Premium Pork and Daily’s Premium Meat.Seaboard Corporation operates three core bu
Cognos BI Developer/Informatica Developer (Current Employee) – KansasCity,KS – March 5, 2015
• Gathered all the end user requirements and developed reports accordingly. • Created the transformations using Informatica Power Center and created the views in the Management Studio • Created dashboard reports for the management to give multidimensional view of the business. • Developed very complex Active reports in a multidimensional environment using Transformer Cubes. • Saved and distributed the active report (.mht) through emails. • Created transformer models and built cubes based on the requirements and also created drill through reports for the cubes. • Altered calculations in the Report studio for the Active report and Making enhancements of the reports based upon the requirements of the user. • Created the calculations, filters and prompts in framework manager and user defined functions, procedures and packages at the database level as per the requirements. • Designed standard reports in report studio and also developed ad-hoc reports in query studio • Created functions and procedures at the database level to simplify complex business logic in reports. • Scheduled the reports to run monthly based on the updates of the cube using schedule management tool in Cognos connection. • Designed required Packages in Framework manager using database tables, views and stored procedures. • Organized metadata into star schema groups to best suit the business model. • Documented all the processes and created data dictionary. • Generated stored procedures to use in the framework manager to create the required packages. • Created burst reports to distribute reportsmore... to different end users. • Modified the existing report based upon the change request by the user.
Environment: Cognos Suite 10.2/10/8.4 (Report Studio, Active reports, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Business Insight ,Framework Manager, PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Web), SQL Server, ,Informatica Power Center .less
safety Officer Feed Data Entry ClerkWas (Former Employee) – Guymon, OK – February 1, 2015
I started on a sow farm and learn the company from the field and was able to move through different departments. They allowed me to move through the course of my life and employment to be apart of a team, and be able to raise my boys. I move up while doing both my jobs.