Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

They play favorite within the Sow Farms
Level 3 sow farm (Former Employee) –  Rolla, KSJanuary 6, 2017
No room for suggestions. Management always picks theyre favorites and take work asignments off of them and put them on others. Farm 4 is full un-profesional workers always blaiming others of things they would do. No one would be willing to lend a hand if you are strugling and they'll go and tell the manager that your are being slow when you where just having a hard time. They are always on you about time they want every thing done in a certain amount of time that is impossible to do. They always complain about you putting in to many hours. Wouldnt recommend working here.
Benefits
Cons
Management and labor division
Discipline overreaction
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 19, 2017
I was fired from this company after one offense. I was told that there had been "multiple complaints" but none of them were ever brought to my attention until the day before I was terminated, I know another employee that this happened to as well.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
Very small town, many couples work for the company because there aren't other places for your spouse to work
Biggest mistake of my life!!!
Heardsman (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 29, 2016
Seaboard is a joke. I will never work for that company again. There was more hate then kindness. There was so much animal abuse going on and nothing was done about it. Trashtalking is like a second language at Seaboard. Also co workers would get high at the farm on company time. What a wonderful place to work. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! They will run you out if they dont like you.
Pros
The drive home
Cons
Barn manager plus all farrowers and breeders
Most enjoyable work experience
Captive bolt (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 9, 2016
A typical day of work was relaxing non hassle. I learned how to captive bolt, and how to handle animals in a large crowd. Management was very respectful, encouraging, and helpful in times of need. My co-workers were helpful with each other, respectful, and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with strict USDA animal handling guidelines, and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with live animals.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonuses, management, and coworkers
Cons
USDA guidelines, and location
Unprofessional
Interviewed Only (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 24, 2016
They took seven weeks to reimburse me for my expenses incurred for the interview process. If you are comimg in from out of state to interview for a position (which is typical, as the facility in Guymon, OK is very remote), have them fly you in. Do not spend a dime of your own money as you will just get the run around for months. Fair warning.
Ok job, no team work and non rewarding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
As a former maintenance tech, this job is fair at best......the best part about this job was the production employees they were awesome and good friends
Pros
The four ten hour work week
Cons
Atomesphere and unqualified techs
great place to work
Environmental Resource Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 28, 2016
Seaboard foods is a great company to work with! the starting pay is amazing and the benefits are incredible! i would highly recommend for people to work for the company
Pros
off at 6
Cons
N/A
Seaboard year Experience
Materials and handling (Former Employee) –  Guymon OklahomaJanuary 9, 2017
Materials and handling cutting knives Wiz knife forklift driver team shift leader hired quickly for experience from National Beef
Pros
Experience National Beef
Cons
15 minutes brakes
Liked the work, money was good
Farrower (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJanuary 16, 2017
typical day at work was weanning the pigs and taking care of piglets wich were adorable wich was the most enjoyable part of the job only liked some of my coworkers others were know it alls
Fun
Loin line (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 17, 2017
I loved working in a plant it taught me new things and I love working in food my job was to wrap the meat but I also went to loin line to cut the meat overall it was a great job with amazing supervisors
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Very good people and management to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKNovember 15, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company. The only problem was having to work nights if it wouldn't had been for my coworkers and management it would of of been hard.
Fun workplace
Equipment Repair Maintance (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 2, 2016
Great place to settle down if looking to stay in one place. Everyone knows and get along with one another. Easy minimum labored work. A well satisfying job
very unprofessional, played with favoritism
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 23, 2016
not a healthy environment to work for.they show no interest of any of your work. showed alot of favortism within the management department. they didnt want to hear any of your opinions.
Excellent opportunity for growth and development
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 12, 2016
I started out as a supervisor here at this plant, and eventually got promoted. Typical day at the plant was busy, if it wasn't repairs, it was work orders and PM's, get parts and materials lined up for the weekend projects. with all the automation installation I really got a chance to hone in on my electrical skills and troubleshooting. All the co-workers there both production and maintenance for the most part were easy to get along with. Everyone has their bad days right. I really cant think of anything hard about that job other than lack of stock parts. This got rather taxing at times but it made me better in a sense that it challenged me to think outside the box sometimes when making repairs. I enjoyed the challenge of getting to make a difference and make improvements. I had a great director, a good management team, and some hard working team members.

Good Luck Seaboard!
Pros
4-3 schedule, plenty of vacation time, plenty of chances to learn.
Cons
I can only think one but will not share
Laied back work envorment
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 29, 2016
Seaboard is a really great company very diverse from hourly employees to uper management if i did not move out of state i would still work their
Pros
Money & the food
Cons
Mandory overtime
Nice Career
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 12, 2016
Fair pay, nice people to work with, like working as a team as such. Good supervisors, that know what they are doing and have understanding op people at work.
normal
Wet End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 18, 2016
The people were great workers. Management listened to the employees. Fast paced work environment. Safety was top priority both in food and the employees.
great people to work with and great hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 23, 2016
weld replace motors fix everything in my department doing preventive maintenance joke around with co-workers and get our task done in timely manor
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short breaks
Great Opportunities
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Good people to work with, Great benefits several opportunities to advance if you work hard. Overall a great company.
Pros
Great benefits
nace place to work
loin puller machine (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 12, 2016
I learned how to work with knifes and machines. I learned how to work the fast I can. how to do the most of me. I learned how to work with a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.