Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews in United States

normal
Wet End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 18, 2016
The people were great workers. Management listened to the employees. Fast paced work environment. Safety was top priority both in food and the employees.
Nice Career
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 12, 2016
Fair pay, nice people to work with, like working as a team as such. Good supervisors, that know what they are doing and have understanding op people at work.
Great company if you can play the good ole' boys game!
Operations Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 8, 2016
I accepted this position on the basis that my skill set was needed and demanded; I was very wrong. I was the patsy that got played from the very beginning. A few things to keep in mind before you start down the path of interviewing and/or accepting the job at Seaboard Foods.

1. The interview vs. the actual working environment are two VERY different things! I felt that the royal red carpet had been rolled out for my interview and first couple of training days. When the real work week began after I relocated it was very different; attitude, environment, employees, etc. All very strange and kind of cold.

2. Get EVERYTHING in writing! My contract did not call for working on the weekends; about 2 months after I started, I was now required to work Sundays in addition to the Monday through Friday.

3. Be careful about what is communicated amongst your co-workers and/or manager. At times I wish I had recorded what was said vs. not said.

4. Do not let the $$/salary influence your decision! I let the pay make my decision and I should have weighed out other options before just jumping and saying yes. The pay is excellent as is the benefits package but be prepared to sign over your personal life as well as their balance between work & life doesn't mix well and even more so if you are single with no family.
Pros
Assortment of responsibliites & projects
Cons
Work/life balance, trust, communication
Great Opportunities
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Good people to work with, Great benefits several opportunities to advance if you work hard. Overall a great company.
Pros
Great benefits
great people to work with and great hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 23, 2016
weld replace motors fix everything in my department doing preventive maintenance joke around with co-workers and get our task done in timely manor
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short breaks
nace place to work
loin puller machine (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 12, 2016
I learned how to work with knifes and machines. I learned how to work the fast I can. how to do the most of me. I learned how to work with a team.
Good, fun place to work
Multi-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 26, 2015
Excellent benefit package, management that recognizes talent and promotes from within, good training, company that strives to make a difference.
good place
Leadman Classifier (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 1, 2015
was fun hardwork good workers good supervisors learned a lot liked the cafeteria liked being leadman within 6 months span
A job full of drama
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  May, OKNovember 1, 2015
Seaboard is a decent company to work for if you have the right management. If not there is so much drama you think you work for a soap opera.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no povertime for farm workers, to much drama, high turn around rate on employees
Fun Environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 16, 2015
This is the best company I have worked for in my career thus far. They are challenging and listen to my concerns. Everyone is a team player, and we help each other in times of need. I have learned a lot working for this company.
Nice company. Nice employees.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2015
Good company. I enjoyed working there and I would work there again if I had trouble finding other employment opportunities.
Really nice environment employee first
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 15, 2015
arrive to work station complete tasks
there is always room for self improvement
nice understanding always smiling
created long lasting friendships
leaving work
everyday
Pros
great people employee feels important
Cons
had to drive 45 miles
Seaboard foods is an integrated food company producing Prairie Fresh Premium Pork and Daily’s Premium Meat.Seaboard Corporation operates three core bu
Cognos BI Developer/Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  KansasCity,KSMarch 5, 2015
Responsbilities :

• Gathered all the end user requirements and developed reports accordingly.
• Created the transformations using Informatica Power Center and created the views in the Management Studio
• Created dashboard reports for the management to give multidimensional view of the business.
• Developed very complex Active reports in a multidimensional environment using Transformer Cubes.
• Saved and distributed the active report (.mht) through emails.
• Created transformer models and built cubes based on the requirements and also created drill through reports for the cubes.
• Altered calculations in the Report studio for the Active report and Making enhancements of the reports based upon the requirements of the user.
• Created the calculations, filters and prompts in framework manager and user defined functions, procedures and packages at the database level as per the requirements.
• Designed standard reports in report studio and also developed ad-hoc reports in query studio
• Created functions and procedures at the database level to simplify complex business logic in reports.
• Scheduled the reports to run monthly based on the updates of the cube using schedule management tool in Cognos connection.
• Designed required Packages in Framework manager using database tables, views and stored procedures.
• Organized metadata into star schema groups to best suit the business model.
• Documented all the processes and created data dictionary.
• Generated stored procedures to use in the framework manager to create the required packages.
• Created burst reports to distribute reports
  more... to different end users.
• Modified the existing report based upon the change request by the user.

Environment: Cognos Suite 10.2/10/8.4 (Report Studio, Active reports, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Business Insight ,Framework Manager, PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Web), SQL Server, ,Informatica Power Center .
safety Officer Feed Data Entry ClerkWas (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2015
I started on a sow farm and learn the company from the field and was able to move through different departments. They allowed me to move through the course of my life and employment to be apart of a team, and be able to raise my boys. I move up while doing both my jobs.
Pros
flexible with your family time
Cons
very political
Productive and Dangerous work with animals
Kill Floor and Convert (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work for me was to get ready for work before to interact with the product (meat). I learn that it takes a lot of process for the product to be of quality. My Co-workers were good friends that teach me how to do a well done job. The hardest part of the job was that it needed to be in a cold area. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I made a lot of friends of different parts of the world.
Pros
bonus
Cons
far from my city
OK place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 21, 2015
*busy
*I learned how to use excel better, invoices
*poor management
*hard to get along with
*working Sunday
*none
I would love to come back and work here if they would hire new management.
Growth environment, International culture. Strong financially.
Managing Director/Financial Director (Current Employee) –  Sierra Leone - The Gambia - Angola - MozambiqueOctober 6, 2014
As a Managing Director, I travel frequently to different affiliate offices to train Financial directors and implement procedures to expatriates and local alike which exposes me to different cultures and different languages in diverse business environment. This is very exciting, fulfilling and challenging, all of which which I enjoy.
this job enables me to have personal growth and to continuously enhance my business experiences.

Working with co-workers and employees of diverse nationalities is a compliment to the day to day management and operational challenges and it helps me to be creative, open minded and team orientated.
The hardest part of this job is to be able to adjust on a daily basis to he unique but changing political environments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to look back at the accomplishments. The successful completion of projects within budgets and time periods, the satisfaction of seeing your team grow and benefit personally, financially and professionally.
Pros
travelling and the expatriate experience for me and my family.
Cons
unstable environments in most overseas locations; violence, diseases, etc.
Really good pay
Industrial Maintenance Repairer (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 7, 2014
The pay is good, but you can get fired for a million little reasons. The management lacks a lot, including intelligence.
Corporate Office
Government Affairs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2014
Corporate Office Culture. Very great place to work and learn about entering the corporate workplace.
Productive and dangerous workplace if not careful
Shipping Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 29, 2014
Productive and fun workplace but also dangerous if not paying attention. I learned how to work very well with others, how to use equipment and being a team player.Everyone got along and respected each other. Management was excellent. The hardest part of the job was being able to work with people who doesn't speak the same language as myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income.
Pros
if there was a position not fit for you, you could bid to a new position
Cons
healthcare