SEABOARD FOODS Employee Reviews in United States

Nice Career
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 12, 2016
Fair pay, nice people to work with, like working as a team as such. Good supervisors, that know what they are doing and have understanding op people at work.
Great company if you can play the good ole' boys game!
Operations Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 8, 2016
I accepted this position on the basis that my skill set was needed and demanded; I was very wrong. I was the patsy that got played from the very beginning. A few things to keep in mind before you start down the path of interviewing and/or accepting the job at Seaboard Foods.

1. The interview vs. the actual working environment are two VERY different things! I felt that the royal red carpet had been rolled out for my interview and first couple of training days. When the real work week began after I relocated it was very different; attitude, environment, employees, etc. All very strange and kind of cold.

2. Get EVERYTHING in writing! My contract did not call for working on the weekends; about 2 months after I started, I was now required to work Sundays in addition to the Monday through Friday.

3. Be careful about what is communicated amongst your co-workers and/or manager. At times I wish I had recorded what was said vs. not said.

4. Do not let the $$/salary influence your decision! I let the pay make my decision and I should have weighed out other options before just jumping and saying yes. The pay is excellent as is the benefits package but be prepared to sign over your personal life as well as their balance between work & life doesn't mix well and even more so if you are single with no family.
Pros
Assortment of responsibliites & projects
Cons
Work/life balance, trust, communication
Great Opportunities
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Good people to work with, Great benefits several opportunities to advance if you work hard. Overall a great company.
Pros
Great benefits
great people to work with and great hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 23, 2016
weld replace motors fix everything in my department doing preventive maintenance joke around with co-workers and get our task done in timely manor
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short breaks
nace place to work
loin puller machine (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 12, 2016
I learned how to work with knifes and machines. I learned how to work the fast I can. how to do the most of me. I learned how to work with a team.
Good, fun place to work
Multi-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 26, 2015
Excellent benefit package, management that recognizes talent and promotes from within, good training, company that strives to make a difference.
good place
Leadman Classifier (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKDecember 1, 2015
was fun hardwork good workers good supervisors learned a lot liked the cafeteria liked being leadman within 6 months span
Fun Environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 16, 2015
This is the best company I have worked for in my career thus far. They are challenging and listen to my concerns. Everyone is a team player, and we help each other in times of need. I have learned a lot working for this company.
Really nice environment employee first
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 15, 2015
arrive to work station complete tasks
there is always room for self improvement
nice understanding always smiling
created long lasting friendships
leaving work
everyday
Pros
great people employee feels important
Cons
had to drive 45 miles
Seaboard foods is an integrated food company producing Prairie Fresh Premium Pork and Daily’s Premium Meat.Seaboard Corporation operates three core bu
Cognos BI Developer/Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  KansasCity,KSMarch 5, 2015
Responsbilities :

• Gathered all the end user requirements and developed reports accordingly.
• Created the transformations using Informatica Power Center and created the views in the Management Studio
• Created dashboard reports for the management to give multidimensional view of the business.
• Developed very complex Active reports in a multidimensional environment using Transformer Cubes.
• Saved and distributed the active report (.mht) through emails.
• Created transformer models and built cubes based on the requirements and also created drill through reports for the cubes.
• Altered calculations in the Report studio for the Active report and Making enhancements of the reports based upon the requirements of the user.
• Created the calculations, filters and prompts in framework manager and user defined functions, procedures and packages at the database level as per the requirements.
• Designed standard reports in report studio and also developed ad-hoc reports in query studio
• Created functions and procedures at the database level to simplify complex business logic in reports.
• Scheduled the reports to run monthly based on the updates of the cube using schedule management tool in Cognos connection.
• Designed required Packages in Framework manager using database tables, views and stored procedures.
• Organized metadata into star schema groups to best suit the business model.
• Documented all the processes and created data dictionary.
• Generated stored procedures to use in the framework manager to create the required packages.
• Created burst reports to distribute reports
  more... to different end users.
• Modified the existing report based upon the change request by the user.

Environment: Cognos Suite 10.2/10/8.4 (Report Studio, Active reports, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Business Insight ,Framework Manager, PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Web), SQL Server, ,Informatica Power Center .
safety Officer Feed Data Entry ClerkWas (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2015
I started on a sow farm and learn the company from the field and was able to move through different departments. They allowed me to move through the course of my life and employment to be apart of a team, and be able to raise my boys. I move up while doing both my jobs.
Pros
flexible with your family time
Cons
very political
Productive and Dangerous work with animals
Kill Floor and Convert (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work for me was to get ready for work before to interact with the product (meat). I learn that it takes a lot of process for the product to be of quality. My Co-workers were good friends that teach me how to do a well done job. The hardest part of the job was that it needed to be in a cold area. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I made a lot of friends of different parts of the world.
Pros
bonus
Cons
far from my city
OK place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 21, 2015
*busy
*I learned how to use excel better, invoices
*poor management
*hard to get along with
*working Sunday
*none
I would love to come back and work here if they would hire new management.
Productive and dangerous workplace if not careful
Shipping Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 29, 2014
Productive and fun workplace but also dangerous if not paying attention. I learned how to work very well with others, how to use equipment and being a team player.Everyone got along and respected each other. Management was excellent. The hardest part of the job was being able to work with people who doesn't speak the same language as myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income.
Pros
if there was a position not fit for you, you could bid to a new position
Cons
healthcare
it was a great experience
packer (Former Employee) –  guymon, oklahomaJanuary 27, 2014
the job was a great experience, i had great bosses and co-workers andthe company was overall great.
Pros
met great people
Cons
it was cold
Great ever changing
Production trainer/assistant line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 13, 2014
i enjoyed working for this company never a dull moment, and i gained a lot of work experiance from there .
Limited advancement but truthful on application
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKNovember 28, 2013
Job was good for an entry position, and while the rest of the facility may be noisy the accounting department is quite.

Fellow co-workers are easy to work with, though there will be occasions that you will need to help out when others take vacation.

Supervisors understanding and will take questions.

Biggest part of work was adjusting payroll, which would probably account for 50% of work time. For holiday expect to come in a few hours the day before every major break period to fill out payroll.
Pros
understanding supervisors who accept learning time
Cons
bad smell and around blood
Great company and Culture
Freezer/Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 25, 2013
Great management and a proactive diversified company culture
productive, good place to work.
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 15, 2013
If you work under or with the right people this place can be great. Good pay and advancement opportunity's. Some of the management are good and know how the job needs to get done in timely and safe mater. co workers are great.
Pros
there is much to be learned
Cons
safety
Uncomfortable workplace with no regard for rules or regulations.
ERM Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 9, 2013
A typical day at Seaboard Foods, Inc. in the ERM dept. would include sitting around for half an hour after clocking in, drinking coffee and talking about sports. Then, usually, after the guys who the supervisor favored picked what they wanted to do for the day they would send us all out to do the day's assignments.
I, personally, learned the basis of everything I was taught in the first couple months. Then, I was stuck doing the same bottom-of-the-totem-pole assignments every day. I never got the chance to learn anything more than the basics. I was never allowed to reach my full potential, as an entry-level employee at Seaboard you get no respect and you get no praise for your hard work from any of your bosses.
As far as co-workers go, it just depends on who your boss is going to favor over or under yourself. The Seaboard corporation is a textbook hierarchy and everybody feels the effects of it. As a bottom level employee, I was miserable the entire time I worked there. All around you all day is constant harassment and sexual harassment, although in a comic reference usually, still uncomfortable for most of the guys.
The hardest part of the job was just working there, not because the work was hard, but because of the negative environment and favoritism of certain employees. For instance, my boss would often take the same guy to McDonald's for lunch and bring it back for everyone else with a paper-bag lunch to watch them eat. And, often times, that same employee would be allowed to leave with his wife for lunch when, supposedly, no one's allowed to go out and eat for lunch EXCEPT
  more... the bosses, of course.
The most enjoyable part of the job was five o'clock every day.
Pros
windshield time
Cons
fear of being fired without warning, pig feces, long hours