SEABOARD FOODS

SEABOARD FOODS Employee Reviews

Really nice environment employee first
Packaging (Former Employee), Guymon, OKMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great people employee feels important
Cons: had to drive 45 miles
arrive to work station complete tasks
there is always room for self improvement
nice understanding always smiling
created long lasting friendships
leaving work
everyday
Seaboard foods is an integrated food company producing Prairie Fresh Premium Pork and Daily’s Premium Meat.Seaboard Corporation operates three core bu
Cognos BI Developer/Informatica Developer (Current Employee), KansasCity,KSMarch 5, 2015
Responsbilities :

• Gathered all the end user requirements and developed reports accordingly.
• Created the transformations using Informatica Power Center and created the views in the Management Studio
• Created dashboard reports for the management to give multidimensional view of the business.
• Developed very complex Active reports in a multidimensional environment using Transformer Cubes.
• Saved – more... and distributed the active report (.mht) through emails.
• Created transformer models and built cubes based on the requirements and also created drill through reports for the cubes.
• Altered calculations in the Report studio for the Active report and Making enhancements of the reports based upon the requirements of the user.
• Created the calculations, filters and prompts in framework manager and user defined functions, procedures and packages at the database level as per the requirements.
• Designed standard reports in report studio and also developed ad-hoc reports in query studio
• Created functions and procedures at the database level to simplify complex business logic in reports.
• Scheduled the reports to run monthly based on the updates of the cube using schedule management tool in Cognos connection.
• Designed required Packages in Framework manager using database tables, views and stored procedures.
• Organized metadata into star schema groups to best suit the business model.
• Documented all the processes and created data dictionary.
• Generated stored procedures to use in the framework manager to create the required packages.
• Created burst reports to distribute reports to different end users.
• Modified the existing report based upon the change request by the user.

Environment: Cognos Suite 10.2/10/8.4 (Report Studio, Active reports, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Business Insight ,Framework Manager, PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Web), SQL Server, ,Informatica Power Center . – less
safety Officer Feed Data Entry ClerkWas (Former Employee), Guymon, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: flexible with your family time
Cons: very political
I started on a sow farm and learn the company from the field and was able to move through different departments. They allowed me to move through the course of my life and employment to be apart of a team, and be able to raise my boys. I move up while doing both my jobs.
Productive and Dangerous work with animals
Kill Floor and Convert (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: far from my city
A typical day at work for me was to get ready for work before to interact with the product (meat). I learn that it takes a lot of process for the product to be of quality. My Co-workers were good friends that teach me how to do a well done job. The hardest part of the job was that it needed to be in a cold area. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I made a lot of friends of different parts of the world.
OK place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJanuary 21, 2015
*busy
*I learned how to use excel better, invoices
*poor management
*hard to get along with
*working Sunday
*none
I would love to come back and work here if they would hire new management.
Productive and dangerous workplace if not careful
Shipping Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guymon, OKMarch 29, 2014
Pros: if there was a position not fit for you, you could bid to a new position
Cons: healthcare
Productive and fun workplace but also dangerous if not paying attention. I learned how to work very well with others, how to use equipment and being a team player.Everyone got along and respected each other. Management was excellent. The hardest part of the job was being able to work with people who doesn't speak the same language as myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income.
it was a great experience
packer (Former Employee), guymon, oklahomaJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: met great people
Cons: it was cold
the job was a great experience, i had great bosses and co-workers andthe company was overall great.
Great ever changing
Production trainer/assistant line supervisor (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJanuary 13, 2014
i enjoyed working for this company never a dull moment, and i gained a lot of work experiance from there .
Great company and Culture
Freezer/Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Guymon, OKSeptember 25, 2013
Great management and a proactive diversified company culture
productive, good place to work.
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJuly 15, 2013
Pros: there is much to be learned
Cons: safety
If you work under or with the right people this place can be great. Good pay and advancement opportunity's. Some of the management are good and know how the job needs to get done in timely and safe mater. co workers are great.
Uncomfortable workplace with no regard for rules or regulations.
ERM Team Member (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJune 9, 2013
Pros: windshield time
Cons: fear of being fired without warning, pig feces, long hours
A typical day at Seaboard Foods, Inc. in the ERM dept. would include sitting around for half an hour after clocking in, drinking coffee and talking about sports. Then, usually, after the guys who the supervisor favored picked what they wanted to do for the day they would send us all out to do the day's assignments.
I, personally, learned the basis of everything I was taught in the first couple months. – more... Then, I was stuck doing the same bottom-of-the-totem-pole assignments every day. I never got the chance to learn anything more than the basics. I was never allowed to reach my full potential, as an entry-level employee at Seaboard you get no respect and you get no praise for your hard work from any of your bosses.
As far as co-workers go, it just depends on who your boss is going to favor over or under yourself. The Seaboard corporation is a textbook hierarchy and everybody feels the effects of it. As a bottom level employee, I was miserable the entire time I worked there. All around you all day is constant harassment and sexual harassment, although in a comic reference usually, still uncomfortable for most of the guys.
The hardest part of the job was just working there, not because the work was hard, but because of the negative environment and favoritism of certain employees. For instance, my boss would often take the same guy to McDonald's for lunch and bring it back for everyone else with a paper-bag lunch to watch them eat. And, often times, that same employee would be allowed to leave with his wife for lunch when, supposedly, no one's allowed to go out and eat for lunch EXCEPT the bosses, of course.
The most enjoyable part of the job was five o'clock every day. – less
stay away run as fast as you can!!!!!
Receiving operator (Former Employee), Okeene, OKMarch 28, 2013
Cons: read empire of the pigs time magazine 2000
this is a very poor company to work for, the wages are low for the type of excrutiating work you must perform, the managers will belittle and berate you drag your self esteem into the ground , harrass and punish you in order to induce a voluntary quit, and then HR will stand behind the managers when you complain about the unfairness between the prized workers( who are part of the good ole boy system) and the female workers who do the brunt end of the work, they will make up the rules at thier own descretion to dock wages as punishment, and racism runs rampant. think very hard before working for seaboard foods any facility, farm, milling, transportation, slaughter, bio-deisel, and so on......
Enjoyed working with Seaboard Foods!
Safety & Health Intern (Former Employee), Guymon, OKMarch 13, 2013
Pros: popcorn machine in office building, friendly coworkers, and how company is involved in community!
Cons: ? hmmm....... idk
Each day was different and expectations were set ahead of time so that I would know where I stood after a short period of time. I learned so much! Management was friendly, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions. I was given an atmosphere that let me reach my potential. Since, I am independent and can work at constant level of positive output, I was not restrained to doing exactly what was listed – more... for the day. I could move on to other sections or details and when it was suitable come back to previous items. I also enjoyed the team spirit of working together to resolve issues. The toughest part I would say was that I was taking 9 credit hours online during my internship, but I managed quite well. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was making a positive difference on whatever task I was working on. – less
it is a steady job
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Guymon, OKMarch 9, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: alot of hours, they are to come first
not a bad place to work but very close knit, its just too far from my family
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
Management Trainee (Former Employee), GUYMON, OKLAHOMAMarch 2, 2013
I WAS LEARNING HOW TO BECOME A MANAGER. I DID GET HURT ON THE JOB HERE BUT DID NOT HAVE SURGERY AND WAS NOT OFF WORK JUST ON LIGHT DUTY.
IT WAS THE 1ST JOB I HAD ONCE I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE.
I WORKED HERE FOR 10 MONTHS BEFORE I MOVED
Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: money
This is the best job I ever had. There OJT is the best for there MTC. People are great nice people there they treat you like a person. I got my Maintenance Supervisor job there.
very poorly managed
mill operator (Current Employee), guymon okJanuary 19, 2013
Cons: you name it
This company has been located in guymon for twenty years and in twenty years they have not figured out how to run this company management is poorly paid most hourly employees make more per year than their immediate supervisor also the rules and regulations can change from day to day just because it was ok to do something yesterday doesn't mean you can do the same thing tomorrow also common sense is not a quality that is rewarded you are nothing but a sheep your opinion and ideas are not well received but they my be used by your boss as his ideas and advancement all depends on your ability to brown nose and say the yes I have applied for several positions I was qualified for and never even received an interview
Depends on your position
Manager (Former Employee), Guymon, OKJanuary 7, 2013
Seaboard can be a great place to work, but it also has it's downfalls.
Production worker (Former Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSOctober 15, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: lots of travel.
This business paid me well and had a relatively smooth but demanding work day.
Family Oriented
Loyal Employee (Current Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSOctober 8, 2012
Pros: job security, career growth opportunities, employees are rewarded and appreciated for their hard work, you want to come to work every day.
Although Seaboard Foods is a division of the fortune 500 company, Seaboard Corporation, the culture is a family friendly work environment.

This is by far the best company I have worked for and I hope to work here for many, many years.

About SEABOARD FOODS

Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary – Read more

SEABOARD FOODS Salaries