Seaborne Airlines

Seaborne Airlines Employee Reviews

great co workers, bad management
Airport Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 29, 2016
great place to work and learn for another position, but the management doesn't value the employees and their hard work every day.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
pay, amount of hours, management, no healthcare
Good place to work...bad administration
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 2, 2016
It was supposed to be a great company with job opportunities for puertorricans but they are almost broke. A Human Resources VP without HR knowledge and experience firing employees without reason. Lots of labor laws suits due to discrimination to employees and candidates.
Pros
Salary, benefits, travel
Cons
No matter how hard you work you can be fire for no reason.
Great industry, superb peers.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRApril 27, 2016
Typical day, always busy...
I learned how regulated is the airline industry, and costly...
As in every place, there were good and no so good people...
The hardest part of the job... too much meetings...
The most enjoyable part... flying benefits!!!!
Pros
Always busy, excellent fringe benefits.
Cons
a few...
Worked for over a year to be laid off with no warning
Reservation Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 8, 2016
Seaborne is the most unorganized company you can imagine. Constantly messing over the passengers with delayed flights and inneficient baggage departments. I worked at seaborne for over a year, just got my health insurance and had accumulated sick days and vacations to come to work one day and be laid off with no warning. Got called back a month later to work part time, lost my health insurance and the vacation I had accumulated. They laid me off without reason and it affected me greatly.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
Unprofessional company, insecure management, very stressful environment
Relaitonship with employees was great other than that it was just a job
Customer Service Agent/DL (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJuly 25, 2016
It Was like you com here to get paid and leave .that was the everyday job besides that i build very good relations ships with the customers and staff not management . The hardest part was getting my day started right .
Pros
free travel
Cons
no health care short lunch breaks
Mix thoughts
Ramp Lead (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work is wondering if the day will go by smoothly. I've learned that it's not easy working in the airline business but I've become a smarter passenger for it. We basically manage ourselves, since we know what our jobs are. My co-workers are ok to work with but the hardest part of the job is doing more that what you are suppose to do, even with your co-workers. If I have to find something enjoyable about the job, is that I get to be around airplanes.
My type of job
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Luis Muñoz Marín International AirportAugust 12, 2015
Not released from shift until all flights assigned to individual shift have successfully left or been processed as a cancellation. Far from a typical nine-to-five office job, an airline customer service supervisor's day can often turn into overtime during irregular ground operations. Shifts run over schedule commonly when dealing with operation affecting inclement weather, canceled equipment or creeping delays due to mechanical repairs. Have to oversee the inside gate or ticketing/check-in operations of all assigned flights during a scheduled work shift and/ or certain cross-utilized employees such as baggage handlers. Gate and ticketing needs keep them on call and highly active during delays, cancellations and the rebooking of flights. Also have to oversee the employment needs of the employees and answer customer inquiries that require managerial level assistance. Am ultimately responsible for the on-time performance of each flight arrival deplaning and flight departure boarding. Have to cover in absence of manager.
Pros
Every day there is a new expercience, never boring work, flying benefits, health insurance, make customer happy, happy eviroment.
Cons
Shorts or no breaks, always standing position, walk long distances.
Unfair culture
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Christiansted, Virgin IslandsMarch 13, 2012
Not local employee friendly. Hires part time to avoid health insurance, vacation, sick days and overtime, Upper management is very intrusive and interruptive of assigned work. Employees who are overloaded with work are put on salary to avoid paying overtime. Security cameras have been placed throughout premises to observe employees, Independent thinking is discouraged and there is only one way to get the job done.
Pros
quarterly stand by round trip, discounted fares with other airlines
Cons
refurbished or used equipment, software with no support, work overload, working employee shortage, unrealistic expectations for time frames given, racial undertones in company culture
Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service/Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Croix, Virgin IslandsMay 1, 2014
I worked Seaborne Airlines for 9 years and I enjoyed the time I spent there while it last. I learned how to work with all kind of diverse people, how to be a leader, and how to just push myself beyond circumstances. My management was good when I started but towards the end of my career it was not much individuals in case a problem arise I could go too, I guess I would say the hardest part of the job was just knowing who I can trust. Truly the best part of my job was going the extra mile for the customers working along side my co workers and the beautiful environment I got to work in (the shoreline).
Pros
Fly for Free (Stand-By)
Cons
Working thru Holidays and Hurricane Season
Do Not Work For Seaborne
Aircraft Dispatcher, Manager Of SOC / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  St Croix VI then moved to San Juan PRJune 3, 2014
I worked for Seaborne for 6 months in management. After dealing with a severe employee moral issue, working 10 to 12 hours per day seven days per week, working as many a 52 days straight without a single day off. I had to deal with senior management micro management issues and their expectations that no matter how hard you try to get the company to be legal and safe senior management knows better, and having to deal with the FAA to fix several major issues I was able to help pull them out of their problems and got great thanks from the FAA and all the employees I worked with.

Their thank you to me was in the form of a layoff, as we don't need you any more. I hear employee moral is deteriorating again and its only a matter of time before they are right back in the same spot I found when I came to work here at the beginning.

Very poor run company, not a good place to work!
Pros
Non
Cons
Worst company I have worked for.
Good place to start a career and learn about the Airline industry.
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 14, 2015
I had the opportunity to be part of the Costumer Service Agent department as well escorting passengers and driving bag cars around the airport. It was a very rush and stressful job but at the time I learn a lot. Also I made great relation with customers that were frequent flyers.
Very Interactive
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRSeptember 9, 2015
I like this job a lot and I learned so much of the Reservation Area. This was my first experience in the Call Center Industry and it was so fun and interesting job and that I was very good at it.
Underpaid and overworked in a high cost of living environment
Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Christiansted, VINovember 29, 2013
Management is pretty much horrible from top to bottom in the Flight Ops department. Having to be paid at the bare minimum of industry standards, with Stone Age technologies and tools and expected to put out top of the industry kind of service. I won't recommend this company to anyone. Unless you're already set in life and looking for a retirement job.
Pros
Great people to work with (not management)
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, high cost of living, greedy overpaid management
High Priority Demand/little to no hands on training
Sales and Branding Executive (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRSeptember 19, 2014
Daily Routine:

Prompt at 8AM
Organized Daily Goals in effective manner
Attended Business meetings to discuss future projects
Negotiated Group Trip discounts
Oversaw and reported sales from Wholesalers
Traveled B2B to promote and educate public on new airlines
Responded to Sponsorship email if applicable
Market Research and narrowcast consumer needs
Set up appointments for interviews business proposals
Review Pros and Cons encountered throughout the day for future improvements.

Experience:

Being new in the industry without a supervisor/mentor it was hard to catch up with the workload. Nonetheless, the multitude of lessons and challenges learned throughout my time there expanded my knowledge in both sales and communication with clients. The most enjoyable part was being able to travel and visit several wholesale and travel agency groups while providing informative presentations on Seaborne Airlines.
Pros
Learned a Variety of tools in Sales and Negotiations
Cons
No Mentors available/everything was self-taught
Wonderful people to work with
Aircraft Records Manager/Planning Administer (Former Employee) –  St. Croix, USVINovember 18, 2014
Everyone works long hours and sometimes several "hats".
Great peer relationships and good feeling of accomplishment.
Enjoyable workplace that teaches you contrustuctive time jungling
Global Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan Puerto RicoAugust 25, 2014
A typical day would be one with no extra time to do anything other than work. i have learn to manage time as well as understand people from other countries. My coworkers are a blast of joy with a splash of enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job is being able to manage extra duties with little time. I enjoy pushing myself with the extra challenges a face day to day.
Pros
learning about other different countries
Cons
little to no breaks some days
fast paced
Front line supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Croix, VIApril 4, 2013
challenging and fast paced regional airline. I handled the customer experience from making reservations to boarding flights.
I was responsible for staff scheduling,banking, and handling customers needs.
communication between station and operations,flight crew and ground crew.
the hardest part of the job were delayed flights
the best part was meeting and interaction with people
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VIOctober 25, 2012
i did enjoy my job and my co-workers but the hardest part was to make sure that all my groups are satisfied with the service that was given to them and at the end of the day we are all happy and they in return will keep coming back because of the service that was given to them.
Pros
we usually have a lot of pot lock amoung ourselves
Cons
had insurance coverage
fun work place
Flight Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 7, 2014
high energy, international experience, moderate management, fun co workers, bad weather can determine your day, and free flights
Growing and Growing Fast
Quality Control Aviation Inspector and Auditor (Current Employee) –  U.S. Virgin IslandsMay 12, 2014
This employer is growing quickly and creates hardships on its employees that aren't ideal. It has been a great learning experience and I don't regret my employment with this airline.

2.9