Seaborne Airlines Employee Reviews

Wonderful people to work with
Aircraft Records Manager/Planning Administer (Former Employee), St. Croix, USVINovember 18, 2014
Everyone works long hours and sometimes several "hats".
Great peer relationships and good feeling of accomplishment.
Seaborne Airlines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin IslandsSeptember 29, 2014
Very enjoyable
Maintaining a very safe environment
Co-workers always work together
Cancellation and delay flights
Enjoy meeting people from all over the Caribbean islands as well as the U.S. mainland
High Priority Demand/little to no hands on training
Sales and Branding Executive (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: learned a variety of tools in sales and negotiations
Cons: no mentors available/everything was self-taught
Daily Routine:

Prompt at 8AM
Organized Daily Goals in effective manner
Attended Business meetings to discuss future projects
Negotiated Group Trip discounts
Oversaw and reported sales from Wholesalers
Traveled B2B to promote and educate public on new airlines
Responded to Sponsorship email if applicable
Market Research and narrowcast consumer needs
Set up appointments for interviews business proposals
Review Pros and Cons encountered throughout the day for future improvements.

Experience:

Being new in the industry without a supervisor/mentor it was hard to catch up with the workload. Nonetheless, the multitude of lessons and challenges learned throughout my time there expanded my knowledge in both sales and communication with clients. The most enjoyable part was being able to travel and visit several wholesale and travel agency groups while providing informative presentations on Seaborne Airlines.
Enjoyable workplace that teaches you contrustuctive time jungling
Global Assistant (Current Employee), San Juan Puerto RicoAugust 25, 2014
Pros: learning about other different countries
Cons: little to no breaks some days
A typical day would be one with no extra time to do anything other than work. i have learn to manage time as well as understand people from other countries. My coworkers are a blast of joy with a splash of enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job is being able to manage extra duties with little time. I enjoy pushing myself with the extra challenges a face day to day.
Do Not Work For Seaborne
Aircraft Dispatcher, Manager Of SOC / Dispatch (Former Employee), St Croix VI then moved to San Juan PRJune 3, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: worst company i have worked for.
I worked for Seaborne for 6 months in management. After dealing with a severe employee moral issue, working 10 to 12 hours per day seven days per week, working as many a 52 days straight without a single day off. I had to deal with senior management micro management issues and their expectations that no matter how hard you try to get the company to be legal and safe senior management knows better, and having to deal with the FAA to fix several major issues I was able to help pull them out of their problems and got great thanks from the FAA and all the employees I worked with.

Their thank you to me was in the form of a layoff, as we don't need you any more. I hear employee moral is deteriorating again and its only a matter of time before they are right back in the same spot I found when I came to work here at the beginning.

Very poor run company, not a good place to work!
Growing and Growing Fast
Quality Control Aviation Inspector and Auditor (Current Employee), U.S. Virgin IslandsMay 12, 2014
This employer is growing quickly and creates hardships on its employees that aren't ideal. It has been a great learning experience and I don't regret my employment with this airline.
Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service/Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Croix, Virgin IslandsMay 1, 2014
Pros: fly for free (stand-by)
Cons: working thru holidays and hurricane season
I worked Seaborne Airlines for 9 years and I enjoyed the time I spent there while it last. I learned how to work with all kind of diverse people, how to be a leader, and how to just push myself beyond circumstances. My management was good when I started but towards the end of my career it was not much individuals in case a problem arise I could go too, I guess I would say the hardest part of the job was just knowing who I can trust. Truly the best part of my job was going the extra mile for the customers working along side my co workers and the beautiful environment I got to work in (the shoreline).
Excellent
Customer Service Agent/ Ramp Agent (Former Employee), St Thomas, VIMarch 25, 2014
Excellent experience and great customer service relationships with customers
Underpaid and overworked in a high cost of living environment
Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee), Christiansted, VINovember 29, 2013
Pros: great people to work with (not management)
Cons: underpaid, overworked, high cost of living, greedy overpaid management
Management is pretty much horrible from top to bottom in the Flight Ops department. Having to be paid at the bare minimum of industry standards, with Stone Age technologies and tools and expected to put out top of the industry kind of service. I won't recommend this company to anyone. Unless you're already set in life and looking for a retirement job.
easy job, will learn a lot, just get used to having smoke blown up your
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee), St Croix Virgin IslandsNovember 7, 2013
Cons: living expenses
Has great potential once they pull there foot out of there mouth and start doing what needs to be done to move forward
fast paced
Front line supervisor (Former Employee), St. Croix, VIApril 4, 2013
challenging and fast paced regional airline. I handled the customer experience from making reservations to boarding flights.
I was responsible for staff scheduling,banking, and handling customers needs.
communication between station and operations,flight crew and ground crew.
the hardest part of the job were delayed flights
the best part was meeting and interaction with people
Amazing location
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), St Croix, USVIDecember 13, 2012
I enjoyed working at Seaborne. Everyone there was so friendly and it was a completely stress free work environment.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), VIOctober 25, 2012
Pros: we usually have a lot of pot lock amoung ourselves
Cons: had insurance coverage
i did enjoy my job and my co-workers but the hardest part was to make sure that all my groups are satisfied with the service that was given to them and at the end of the day we are all happy and they in return will keep coming back because of the service that was given to them.
Unfair culture
Records Manager (Former Employee), Christiansted, Virgin IslandsMarch 13, 2012
Pros: quarterly stand by round trip, discounted fares with other airlines
Cons: refurbished or used equipment, software with no support, work overload, working employee shortage, unrealistic expectations for time frames given, racial undertones in company culture
Not local employee friendly. Hires part time to avoid health insurance, vacation, sick days and overtime, Upper management is very intrusive and interruptive of assigned work. Employees who are overloaded with work are put on salary to avoid paying overtime. Security cameras have been placed throughout premises to observe employees, Independent thinking is discouraged and there is only one way to get the job done.