Seacoast Bank Employee Reviews

Very Fun and relaxed working environment
Client Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 27, 2017
Seacoast is a very fun and relaxed company to work for. The management care about their employees. Daily interaction with customers and peers. Seacoast treats all of their customers as family.
outcasted
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 26, 2017
This is a job in the banking industry. Simply got tired of the harassment and racism. Had to part ways. It was a family type atmosphere until new people started coming in. I was always being approached for what I said how I said it but when another worker would do the same thing nothing would be said to them.
Not much to it
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2017
Very small bank trying to grow without a compelling value statement or competitive advantage. Not enough branches to compete with big banks and no real product advantages either.
I enjoyed working for Seacoast Bank
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2017
I have never worked for a better group of people. The workplace culture was very demanding and they expected you to get your work done on time. The hardest part of the position was telling realtors, buyers that their was a problem getting the loan closed. The best part of the job was when everything went according to plan and the loan closed on time. A typical day at work was gathering all the docs from the borrower. Making sure the application and credit report match and they didn't leave anything off the application. Which could make a big difference in their ratio.Once everything is in the computer system rerun DU or LP. I have learned that you never tell anyone they are approved before the U/W has signed off with the approval.
Pros
Health Care, Vacation
Cons
No breaks because you were to busy to take one
Poor place to work
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 20, 2017
First, the manager were not helpful, as they said they would be. They make you work 9+ hours with only ONE 30 min lunch, no breaks. They have criminals working there. They always rush us to rush the customers off the phone as well as lie to them (This is the Telephone Banking Center)
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Stressful, horrible insurance
Great coworker atmosphere
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Customer focus has gone by the wayside, replaced by profit. There used to be a much more customer friendly approach to banking. Staffing levels have been reduced dramatically at the cost of customer service.
Pros
Cons
Lack of vision
It's okay
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, FLAugust 28, 2017
It was a job. Nothing great, nothing terrible.
Learned transactions.
Management was good.
Culture was very prude
Hardest part of the job was making sales each quarter
Good people to work with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuart FloridaJuly 6, 2017
Always worked tirelessly. Atmosphere however was more apt to tell you what you were doing wrong rather than right.
Good community bank. Need a few more "cheerleaders" to remind the associates of their importance.
Pros
The associates
Cons
Negativity and expectations
Users and Tricksters
Intern (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 23, 2017
They desperately needed someone so hired quickly. When the position opened up, the roly-poly manager lady told me that I did not have initiative, which was an absolute lie, because I was coming from a job where I was constantly promoted based on my initiative and suggestion to management. I worked very well while I was there and my team members were even rooting for me to get the job. The person who got the position told me eventually that she was promised a position when she worked there once on a merger project. This woman has defamed my character and they should be exposed to their racist culture.
Productive and nice place to work
Loan Operations/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Seacoast the job was through a temp-agency and he contract ended. I would like to go back to work there in the future . I have applied several times and they keep telling me they chose someone else so I stopped applying.
Management makes a difference..
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Lucie West, FLMay 7, 2017
Job was great until new management took over.. Half the company lost their jobs when the market crashed so job stability is so- so. Moved out to retail to avoid being laid off.
Great start in banking
Teller (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 20, 2017
Seacoast is a great company with strong commitment to its community. The company has grown and is reshaping its delivery channels to more digital. Many branches in Martin County.
Pros
Great work life balance and pleasant staff
Cons
slow advancement opportunities
Great group of people, short handed
teller (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 18, 2017
Arrive about 10:45 to be able to set up for 11:00 shift, usually ran3 lane drive thru, processed customer transactions, ordering supplies for the branch, scanning of documents, answering of phones and various other duties and closing of the branch.
Pros
people interaction
Cons
not current with technology
This company is up and coming, very driven and hungry.
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 23, 2017
Company that is striving to become great. They are very driven to be number one. They strive to take care of the customer at all times. Company that is expanding fast.
it's a job
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 13, 2017
This job was ok but they work you till you're ill breaks are short and there is not enough training, and they are always under staffed. If you want to do four diffrent jobs while you're speaking with customers and other tasks then it's great for you.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Short breaks, lack in management and training
South Florida Bank acquiring banks in Volusia County
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I lost my job through the merger and acquisition with Seacoast Bank. My branch was closed and I and my staff of three were let go. The were generous and gave a termination package and a bonus for staying on through the transition, which I did.
Pros
Many locations to bank
Cons
Termination
Great place to work in
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Typical day at work is making sure the office is running smoothly. Every day is a learning how to challenge different situations, I.e., with management, co-workers and clients.

The hardest part of the job is when it is hard to reach a solution, and at the end finding the correct solution.

I mostly enjoy the job because we all work as a team.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
More hours in a day
Trying to grow too fast
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 5, 2016
It was a good place to work for at first, really connected to the community. However, once they started buying up other banks they expanded way too fast and lost track of their managers(and making people managers with no experience) and employees in the process. It really hurt employee morale when concerns were just brushed off and more responsibilities given to the same positions with no extra compensation.
Great Place to Work
Associate Vice President (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 21, 2016
SCB has an amazing work environment. The culture of the organization is extremely positive and encouraging making it a pleasure to go to the job every day.
Pros
Collaborative thinking, positive co-workers
Growing Thriving Community Bank
VP, Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 10, 2016
Seacoast is a growing company that offers opportunities for many. As the industry changes, Seacoast has adapted to the changing environment based on consumer demand and competes well with many other big banks in our area. The roles they provide are challenging and give you an opportunity to grow with the company as long as you are willing to grow with them. Roles are ever changing and evolving, being bored is not an option unless you choose to be. As they continue to streamline and grow, management opportunities are more slim than in the past.
Pros
Truly Community oriented
Cons
Limited Healthcare options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seacoast Bank. Our community is ready to answer.