Seadrill Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Gulf Of MexicoJune 15, 2016
One of if not the worst companies I've ever worked for. The money is great and most of the people who work on the rigs and make a few people rich are cool if that's what you are about. I'm speaking mainly of HR who in my experience are the most uncaring unfeeling and robotic people I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. This is just my opinion but if you enjoy being used and thrown away like trash then dug out the garbage can used again for a short time and then discarded without notice then by all means work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Company I worked with for two years will out being moved up.
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 24, 2016
Was laid off without a severance package like the policies of the company stated. I learned how to work offshore with the company became a very strong employee stacked the West Sirius and was moved to the West Capricorn where I worked eight months and was laid off due to Seadrill not caring what happens to employees.
Pros
Free food thats it
Cons
no movement within company. Company don't treat employees fairly across the globe
Good company with poor management from Dubai office
Driller (Former Employee) –  west africaSeptember 19, 2016
As mentioned above, Seadrill is a good company but with poor management from Dubai office. There is a lot of effort put in regarding training and developing personnel but not communicated well from Dubai office.
Productive and Work Out Opportunity
MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Del Carmen, PRAugust 9, 2015
I enjoy my working shift everyday as I have very good co-workers always available to support when receiving cargo shipment and put materials away from main deck and store them in my warehouse properly. Deck supervisor is also a good support when offloading and back loading materials, I enjoy working with him as he is always open to hear ideas and suggestions for better handling of materials. I have learned IFS software for my warehouse control and I consider I have full management of the same. Also I have gained a lot of experience of this 6th generation Rig I am currently working as this Rig is huge and therefore I have learned a lot about its equipment and spare parts for the proper operation and maintenance. I have a very good relationship with all department supervisors which makes my job easier. A hard part of my job would be that I am away from my family 28 days but at the end of the day I think it is worth it as I see them happy for everything we have got because of my job. I feel very proud of myself and the job I am doing.
Pros
I have gained a lot experience and I have received good benefits from my Company.
Cons
I am away from home.
Good Company Overall
Subsea Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Working with Seadrill I have met a great deal of good people whom I consider family. I have learned a great deal about my position and advanced my career as well. The hardest part of my job is being away from my family for 3-4 weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job is troubleshooting and rebuilding hydraulic valves and controls.
Great COmpany
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Equitorial GuieniNovember 3, 2015
Wish they were up and going still hate that they stacked their rigs. I miss the Esperanza and our crew hated to come home! Great Benefits and great management!
Challenging environment with a good safety culture
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoDecember 1, 2015
The hardest part of the job on my particular rig was a need for better interdepartmental communication. The best part of the job is meeting new and interesting people from all types of backgrounds. and of course the time off is a big plus.
Pros
3 weeks off at a time, good insurance benefits and retirement
Cons
Inconsistent communication on my rig, being away from family for 3 weeks at a time.
Great job hate to see it go.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMay 17, 2016
Great position, offered a great life between compensation, benefits, and home time. Sad to see the rig stacked. During the day I was able to see and work on a variety of systems and I learned a lot.
Pros
wages, benefits, time off, training
Cons
job security
Good company
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMay 24, 2016
Had a good experience with the company during the short period i have worked with them. Was exposed to new equipment and was challenge by a different working environment.
QHSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Seadrill was a good place work and good benefits. I worked in Nigeria and the Houston office. I have nothing to say bad about my employment
great work place with great value
Supply Chain Expeditor/Buyer (Former Employee) –  houston, TexasSeptember 10, 2015
Excellent work place with great benefits and 401k. Also great vacation packages starting from day 1. Low chances of advancement.
Great benefis
Derrickhand (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Good job, good people, and great pay. Hardest part of job is being gone for so many days in a row, but you get half the year off.
Good Place to wk
Senior Mechanic/ Hydraulic Tech (Current Employee) –  Off shore CanadaOctober 11, 2015
 Performed preventative maintenance in accordance with the preventative maintenance program (SAP) under the direction of the Rig Maintenance Supervisor
 Ensured team compliance with Noble’s HSE Management System thus allowing for safe, efficient operations
Setting the Standard
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  VenezuelaJanuary 18, 2016
Seadrill is the best company i have ever worked with, excellent trainings, excellent people, excellent systems, there is nothing wrong i can say about Seadrill.
Pros
everything
Cons
Great rigs, but difficult bosses unless you fit into thier click.
Roustabout - Job (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoJanuary 30, 2013
I am from a big city and not from the backwoods, like most of the people on the rig I was assinged to. Racisism is rediculous out thier, both ways. I hope you are obsessed with football if you try to work thier 'cause thats all they talk about, that and gambling. I have a family and dont have time for kissing a** and football, and I dont gamble with my kids money. Needless to say they got rid of me as soon as they found that out. Absolutly NO job security. They talk a big game during the interview, but at the end of the day they don't care if you starve or lose everything you have. If you have a good job be thankful, because they will black list you from the industry. I'm screwed. Oh yea and they don't have patience to train anybody that hasn't grown up in the industry, if they need to learn new terminology, they had better study for it.
Pros
money, paid insurance and travel
Cons
everything else
Inventory software easy and less time consuming.
Material Admin. (Former Employee) –  Arabia, OHMarch 20, 2014
Rig Stores set-up,
New software IFS for inventory
Team management with cooperation.
productive
Roughneck (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
This is a good company to work for, just a bad time to be in the oilfield. I work on the rig floor in drilling operations. I also maintained drilling equipment.
Family Oriented Company
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2012
Seadrill was actualy one of the best companies I have had the honor of working for in a very long time. Everyone there was very nice and always understanding. Very good company to work for. I hope that if I ever end up in Houston again that they would hire me back if they have a position open. :-)
Pros
easy going, friendly, environment, plus free breakfast every monday.
Cons
hires through temp services first for one year
Great Experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJanuary 15, 2014
As far as it only being a temp job I got along with everyone and the company is just great to work for in general.
great learning experience
Roustabout (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
Great Company poor work place environment. it was an learning experience for me.