Seadrill Employee Reviews

Watch your back
Technical Support & Senior Subsea Supervisors (Former Employee) –  world wideAugust 6, 2017
So who is left offshore? Well if your Dad's not the rig manager or you're not someone's son, then you're out of a job. The culture right now offshore is everyone is afraid of losing their jobs, and the ones that made the cut are on edge. This industry will make big mistakes in the next year as the rig count comes back up and the guys they kept all cover for each other. I would suspect that another big oil spill happens somewhere in the world.
Maravilloso
Materials Administrator (Former Employee) –  GOMAugust 2, 2017
Agradable ya que mi supervisor siempre fue directo en las ordenes y estaba pendiente de resolver, ayudar
Pros
Seguro medico y gastos de viaje
Cons
Ninguno
Good safety environment and great work place
Senior Subsea Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brazill and North SeaMay 30, 2017
The years with Sea-drill where good and they always assisted us in improving ourselves. It was pity about the down turn in the market but the company tried to keep us as employees working as long as they had contracts

I will gladly work for Sea-drill again
Pros
Good comunication
Cons
To few experienced crew
Amazing pay and benefits..... and there's a reason for that.
Assistant Subsea Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
They say the oil field just isn't for everyone. I think that applies to me. I didn't like the culture, and both the client and the upper management never really seemed to have their affairs in order. Safety, like a lot of things, was mostly loud lip service. I should mention however, I was about the only one who thought so. I had some wonderful co-workers, and I had some truly awful ones. It's like that most places though. I think in the end it just really wasn't the place for me.
Very good work culture
Offshore crane operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time working with company. Learned a lot starting from roustabout working my way to crane operator. Seadrill had some very professional personnel and treated employees as people not employees
Pros
Great insurance and pay
Cons
Not enough rigs in Gulf of Mexico
great work experience
Senior materials administrator (Former Employee) –  AngolaMarch 3, 2017
great work experience and pay until the down turn...A young fleet with great bosses and people willing to help. OIM and RM cared about the people.
Sr Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
12 on 12 off. The job is very demanding as you cater to the client as well as your own company. We were constantly attending training to keep us updated on equipment. I worked with some very good people that were very knowledgeable and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was transitioning into night shift after 28 days at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 28 days at home with my family.
Good company with poor management from Dubai office
Driller (Former Employee) –  west africaSeptember 19, 2016
As mentioned above, Seadrill is a good company but with poor management from Dubai office. There is a lot of effort put in regarding training and developing personnel but not communicated well from Dubai office.
Seadrill
Assistant Driller/Driller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2016
It has its ups and downs just like any job. There are lots of good people to work here. But at some point you have to know when to cut your loses and move on.
Pros
People
Cons
The way you are treated.
Stay Away
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Gulf Of MexicoJune 15, 2016
One of if not the worst companies I've ever worked for. The money is great and most of the people who work on the rigs and make a few people rich are cool if that's what you are about. I'm speaking mainly of HR who in my experience are the most uncaring unfeeling and robotic people I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. This is just my opinion but if you enjoy being used and thrown away like trash then dug out the garbage can used again for a short time and then discarded without notice then by all means work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Company I worked with for two years will out being moved up.
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 24, 2016
Was laid off without a severance package like the policies of the company stated. I learned how to work offshore with the company became a very strong employee stacked the West Sirius and was moved to the West Capricorn where I worked eight months and was laid off due to Seadrill not caring what happens to employees.
Pros
Free food thats it
Cons
no movement within company. Company don't treat employees fairly across the globe
Good company
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMay 24, 2016
Had a good experience with the company during the short period i have worked with them. Was exposed to new equipment and was challenge by a different working environment.
Great job hate to see it go.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMay 17, 2016
Great position, offered a great life between compensation, benefits, and home time. Sad to see the rig stacked. During the day I was able to see and work on a variety of systems and I learned a lot.
Pros
wages, benefits, time off, training
Cons
job security
Great benefis
Derrickhand (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Good job, good people, and great pay. Hardest part of job is being gone for so many days in a row, but you get half the year off.
Good Company Overall
Subsea Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Working with Seadrill I have met a great deal of good people whom I consider family. I have learned a great deal about my position and advanced my career as well. The hardest part of my job is being away from my family for 3-4 weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job is troubleshooting and rebuilding hydraulic valves and controls.
QHSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Seadrill was a good place work and good benefits. I worked in Nigeria and the Houston office. I have nothing to say bad about my employment
Setting the Standard
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  VenezuelaJanuary 18, 2016
Seadrill is the best company i have ever worked with, excellent trainings, excellent people, excellent systems, there is nothing wrong i can say about Seadrill.
Pros
everything
Cons
Challenging environment with a good safety culture
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoDecember 1, 2015
The hardest part of the job on my particular rig was a need for better interdepartmental communication. The best part of the job is meeting new and interesting people from all types of backgrounds. and of course the time off is a big plus.
Pros
3 weeks off at a time, good insurance benefits and retirement
Cons
Inconsistent communication on my rig, being away from family for 3 weeks at a time.
Great COmpany
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Equitorial GuieniNovember 3, 2015
Wish they were up and going still hate that they stacked their rigs. I miss the Esperanza and our crew hated to come home! Great Benefits and great management!
Good Place to wk
Senior Mechanic/ Hydraulic Tech (Current Employee) –  Off shore CanadaOctober 11, 2015
 Performed preventative maintenance in accordance with the preventative maintenance program (SAP) under the direction of the Rig Maintenance Supervisor
 Ensured team compliance with Noble’s HSE Management System thus allowing for safe, efficient operations