Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology Employee Reviews

Great exprience
Distribution Channel Sales (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: No personal time
Good trainings
Unique place to work, going through growth pains
Senior Staff Customer Program Manager (Current Employee), Heathrow, FLJune 24, 2015
Post acquisition by Seagate of Xyratex International is near one year. A result of this is that Seagate is closing the Heathrow office July 31st 2015.
Excellent technology company with increasing cost/growth pressures
Sr. Manager - Product Line Management (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great pay and bonuses
Cons: Trending toward "cash cow" rather than growth, investment target
Seagate is a highly technical company with a lot of engineers. Work requires knowledge or ability to quickly capture technical understanding.

The Shakopee site is responsible for providing cash for ongoing operations as other products are being developed. Focus is on doing more with less as the site product is now viewed as a "cash cow" rather than a growth market.
Horrible Director Level Mgmt in Enterprise Platforms and ERP (IT), Bloomington, MN
Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good Salary and benefits
Cons: No freedom to take decisions
ERP IT Director misuses her powers. No respect for people working for her. No long term vision or roadmap for programs in her hand. Mgrs. have NO freedom to take decisions. Higher Mgmt does not have interaction with Managers. Talented people are leaving jobs due to her. She should be transferred or to be changed.
Great
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMay 19, 2015
I love Seagate's culture. I wish Seagate the best and I hope they will acquire more companies. I always receive a 4 out of 5 on my review.
Poor management
Sr. Staff System Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 7, 2015
The whole top management is a mess. This is the first time I had experienced a vendor being bought by the company and became the boss. And as a result, the old Seagate people got kicked out
Great fitness area
eLearning Developer - Project Manager (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 7, 2015
I learned many different software programs.

Technical work is very demanding along with a lot of overtime.

Most all of my coworkers were great to work with.
had to revise my experiance
Build Release Engineer (Current Employee), cupertino CAMay 6, 2015
the day with typical task in my job is a typical day at work, and i even can manage the things and timings well. And i had excellent co-workers with me and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are in the completion of our project succesfullly.
Great place with great oppurtunities.
Sales Operations Account Manager/ Sr Order Manager (Former Employee), Scotts Valley, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Well Balanced, great benefits, advance oppurtunities, multicultural, positive atmosphere
Cons: frequent layoffs
It was a pleasure of having the opportunity of working with people from many different countries and cultures. I like the convenience of having a cafeteria that serves you a hot meal daily. Their fitness center is awesome with state of the art exercise equipment along with showers. Easy access to a Television where one can watch the news and weather. Free Coffee is a plus of various flavors for their employee, with vending machines and microwaves to heat up your food. Continuous online training provided to keep your skills up to par. Promotions from within is always a plus
Interned here, loved it
Internship (Former Employee), Shakopee MinnesotaApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: none
I learned quite a bit by interning at Seagate. It is a company I would love to work for again! They had a strong overall motivation for quality in their work.
Typical Research
University of Pittsburgh Undergraduate Research (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
Weekly progress meetings. Learned how to operate equipment needed to perform the needed tests. Hardest part of the job was organizing hundreds of hours of data.
Seagate is a nice and clean place to work and it a good place to chalenge your skills and knowledges
Operator IV (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 28, 2015
Pros: The Engineers are always there and available for your questions.
Cons: It took me about 45 mins to get to work, I wish I can live closer...
They have a exercise room with shower for employee to use.
They have a nursing room for branace women.
They have Television in their cafeteria for employee to watch the news and weather.
Hot food serves in the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.
Free Coffee for employee.
Lot of vending machines and microwave for employee to heat up their foods
Free wire fire for employee.
New ESD shoe every year for free.
Everybody received a free gmail to keep up with the company news.
They have online training programs
They have a lot of different programs and prices for employee to joint after work. (example: bicycle, basketball, bowling, golf, fishing...)
Picnic outside in the summer with car show, music, food and games
They have ping pong tables for employee to play
completes jobs in a timely manner with little supervision
Disk Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 19, 2015
Operated texture machine and validated disc drive and I learned tested and documented data in the system. Management are good conduct handling, guidande and good cooperation. Co-workers is the fullest cooperation and have a good attitude towards there job.
Good Company
Supply Chain Business Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityMarch 2, 2015
Good Company, Great Salary/Benefits.
..............................................................................................
Great opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Seagate has been a great company to work for. There are so many opportunities. People are the most enjoyable part of this job.
Great place to work!
Mechanical Process Engineer (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 18, 2015
Great exciting place to work. Cutting edge technology. Seagate is a leader in the mechanical hard disk drive industry and will continue to do so.
A great workplace with competent coworkers.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, COFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and salary.
Cons: lack of fellowship between coworkers.
Management was not bad, but it was a little disorienting how much turn over there was due to people moving up in the company.
Good for those in the core business
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), USAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: interesting job, benefits
Cons: bureaucracy, locations
Seagate has made multiple acquisitions in the past. Some of the acquired companies were not fully and happily integrated and struggled until most of the key people left or got replaced, sometimes by amateur newcomers. On the other hand if you happened to work in the core business you most likely will be happy - the job is interesting and challenging, benefits are great.
Great work place
Network Monitoring Engineer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
fun great place to work. come in do what you need to do for the day.
Great company but some management needs to go
Analyst (Current Employee), Longmont, COJanuary 19, 2015
The co-workers and my boss were amazing. They have the philosophy of working with your hearts and minds rather than your hands and feet. Great pay and benefits. Most employees are great to work with but there are a few who are rude and condescending. As long as I avoided those people, I really enjoyed working there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Seagate Technology

Imagine a work environment where your talent, abilities, skills and ideas are supported, taking you to incredible heights. The – Read more

Seagate Technology Salaries