Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology Employee Reviews

Call center atmopshere-
Engineering Technician 1 (Former Employee), Yukon, OKAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Borrow Vacation, On site Cafeteria, Benefits
Cons: Multiple policy changes, Temp to hire up to 12 months
Tech support on Seagate hard drives and software.
Good Cafeteria
Family oriented
Good Management

* inbound call center
*tech support for computer hard drives
* warranty/ Customer service
*multiple breaks and shift bids
* No weekends
Dynamic workplace - great employees - state-of-the-art products
Staff/Quality/Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, ColoradoAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great place to utilize and expand your skills. Great benefits and profit sharing.
Seagate is a great place to work. Typical days introduce you to new and exciting technology. Learned numerous skills from Core Team to Customer Quality to Reliability. Management is top-notch. Co-workers are great team players. The pace is high level and rewarding. The best part of the job is the interaction with employees from all aspects of the company.
friendly environment,advance technologies,team oriented
Engineer technician I (Former Employee), Tigard,ORAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: vendors machines snack and lunch
clean and friendly place to work first day start sit at desk signing at person ID bring up on the desktop network all provided products ready to repair and inspect.work in groups per station of 2 persons.
working during the day meet the quota. data entry all work done and completed forward to packaging.
Great Place to Grow with in the company.
Intern - Tableau BI Dashboard Developer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2015
It is great learning process to work for Seagate in Business Data Center. So helpful co-workers always guided me and taught me from beginning. Most challenging part was to learn tableau and adopt company environment. Love to work for them again.
No vision, weak management
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Cupertino, CaliforniaJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Compensation is good.
Cons: Management, culture, work environment
This company is in the position of having only one competitor (Western Digital). Some may think that this is enviable; I think it has dulled management. The company could be doing so many exciting things – more... and, at least its consumer division, is run by management that is concerned about meeting deadlines, no matter the quality of the product. They simply refuse to see that making great products that exceed customer expectations leads to profit. – less
Good company
ZeroChaos Contractor Onboarding Services (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJuly 24, 2015
Enjoyed the work environment. I was a contractor so did not get opportunity to use the perks (gym, commuting bus, etc.) but these are offered to regular employees.
Advance technologies
Department Administative Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Locatioin in Bloomington
Cons: Does not appreate the employees extended years of service
People who work for Seagate are generally long term workers. They have been part of the company as far back in Control Data years. They company had many operations overseas.
Clean and employee friendly work enviroment
Engineering Support Specialist for Heads & Media (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Large cafateria
open minded and team-centered work environment
with a strong and consistent record of achieving
high customer satisfaction. Very educated and
dedicated employees.
Excellent work environment but experiencing some growing pains.
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, career development opportunities, training.
Cons: Company expanded too quickly and then suffered a contraction.
The best part of Seagate is it's people. I enjoyed working with consummate professionals from around the world. Each skilled in their particular field of endeavour.
Challenging and supportive Work Environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Bloomington MNJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun people, challenging work
Cons: none
I love working for Seagate Technology. It is a pleasure to come to work every day. The work force is diverse and management is supportive.
ASIC Design Engineer (Current Employee), SF bayareaJuly 7, 2015
A good place to work. Challenging goals and opportunities to work with. Good work-life balance. looking ahead for more challenging opportunities.
Good company to work with
Staff Development Engineer (Current Employee), MinnesotaJune 27, 2015
I really enjoyed the work at Seagate. Many technical skills (both hardware and scripting) improved a lot in my work. Good work and life balance.
Great exprience
Distribution Channel Sales (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: No personal time
Good trainings
Unique place to work, going through growth pains
Senior Staff Customer Program Manager (Current Employee), Heathrow, FLJune 24, 2015
Post acquisition by Seagate of Xyratex International is near one year. A result of this is that Seagate is closing the Heathrow office July 31st 2015.
Excellent technology company with increasing cost/growth pressures
Sr. Manager - Product Line Management (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great pay and bonuses
Cons: Trending toward "cash cow" rather than growth, investment target
Seagate is a highly technical company with a lot of engineers. Work requires knowledge or ability to quickly capture technical understanding.

The Shakopee site is responsible for providing cash for ongoing operations as other products are being developed. Focus is on doing more with less as the site product is now viewed as a "cash cow" rather than a growth market.
Horrible Director Level Mgmt in Enterprise Platforms and ERP (IT), Bloomington, MN
Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good Salary and benefits
Cons: No freedom to take decisions
ERP IT Director misuses her powers. No respect for people working for her. No long term vision or roadmap for programs in her hand. Mgrs. have NO freedom to take decisions. Higher Mgmt does not have interaction with Managers. Talented people are leaving jobs due to her. She should be transferred or to be changed.
Great
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMay 19, 2015
I love Seagate's culture. I wish Seagate the best and I hope they will acquire more companies. I always receive a 4 out of 5 on my review.
Poor management
Sr. Staff System Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 7, 2015
The whole top management is a mess. This is the first time I had experienced a vendor being bought by the company and became the boss. And as a result, the old Seagate people got kicked out
Great fitness area
eLearning Developer - Project Manager (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 7, 2015
I learned many different software programs.

Technical work is very demanding along with a lot of overtime.

Most all of my coworkers were great to work with.
had to revise my experiance
Build Release Engineer (Current Employee), cupertino CAMay 6, 2015
the day with typical task in my job is a typical day at work, and i even can manage the things and timings well. And i had excellent co-workers with me and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are in the completion of our project succesfullly.
Headquarters