seale harris clinic Employee Reviews

Medical
Medical (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 20, 2018
Seale Harris is a sad joke employees that have been there for years get away with everything I would not advise anyone to apply to work there, they will let you work all day and call you in the conference room and let you go, management is unprofessional within itself walking around looking for a reason to write you up smiling knowing that they are up to no good the best thing is lunch it’s free the rules are double standard you have the rules in the handbook and the rules they make up as they go, please don’t be late I mean if you are one minute late and I mean one minute that’s a point after so many you will be fired even if you have a doctor excuse you will still get an accurance one df the head doctors is an attorney so all the rules are supposedly iron clad...If you are crazy enough to apply for a job the will tell you everything you think you want to hear rules don’t apply when you are buddy buddy with upper management APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK...... They have the biggest turnover
Pros
Free lunch that’s it
Cons
Management is a piece of work
Fun but not so fun place to work
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2017
I would not waste my time applying here. The 2 doctors I e worked for were great. Some of the co workers were awesome and thought of as family but others will stab you in the back to make themselves look better. They don't care about you as a person just love to see those dollar signs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You'll leave working there with gray hair
Fast paced and willing to teach
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2017
It was a great place to work with good Doctors, however,to many co-workers sit and play on their phones while other staff carry the load. overall good
Pros
Helpful Leadership
Cons
co-workers with low work ethic
Worst place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2017
Some of the doctors are nice. Co-workers are immature and act like a bunch of high school girls. Management and HR are a joke. The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. There is a reason why people quit and are fired left and right...
Terrible work environment and compensation
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2017
This has by far been the worst company at which I have ever worked. They treat their employees like slaves. They promise competitive pay and advancement opportunities at the interview, but this is not true. There is no room for advancement at all. They do not offer a competitive salary. Raises are few and far between and usually twenty-five cents per hour. They continuously over-work their employees without even an acknowledgement. The co-workers are cut throat and tattle to management like they are in elementary school. Drama is the name of the game at this employer, and management does their best to foster this atmosphere.
Awesome benefits and catered lunches
Medical Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2016
The only great things about this company is benefits and free lunches. Everything else is terrible. Management sucks and no one is willing to train you on how to do your job. Coworkers are backstabbing and will show you something wrong so that you can get in trouble. Wished I would of read the reviews before I started. Glad i am no longer there. Apply as your own risk. Turnover within the company is extremely high.
Pros
Lunches and benefits
Cons
Everthing else
Well thought out patient service based organization, with emphasis on Patient care and satisfaction
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 4, 2015
This is a very common sense approach to employment. If you have a great work ethic, you will get raises. It is hard to satisfy every patient with the limited physicians versus increased patient needs, However, this organization tries very hard to do just that. Great doctors to work for, I had a positive experience in my interactions with these physicians. The only problem I had was in fellow co-workers. The Healthcare workforce has had a sharp decline in work ethic, and to much cell phone use and procrastination on timed responsibilities.
Pros
Well structured clinic flow, great if you like to work and think fast, Ideal for multi-tasking
Cons
Have to deal with low- performance co-workers, who by design or not, refuse to try and progress into better team players.
Not A Great Place To Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 3, 2015
I loved the doctors and the patients. They truly made coming to work every day worthwhile. However, I hated the trainers, I hated the micromanaging, I hated the way the women in the nursing positions treated each other. It was cutthroat between the women that you did not go drinking with after work or did not take weekend trips to the beach with, and I have never worked at a place that seemed more like a kindergarten in my life. I have never worked anywhere that the social aspect of the job seemed more important than doing the job itself. The management seemed to enjoy setting up adversarial situations between co-workers. They treat you like you are stupid and uncaring from Day 1 and if you don't prove them wrong they plot and plan to be rid of you. It is also made clear to you from Day 1 that you are expendable and replaceable. If I did not have a good grasp of who I am and what I can do they might have driven me to a nervous breakdown. I was never so glad to leave a job in my entire life as I was when I found another job and left SHC.
Pros
Good insurance, the patients, and some but certainly not all of the coworkers.
Cons
Cliques, backstabbing, political maneuvering and grandstanding, unchecked hatefulness between nursing staff members.
Apply at your own risk.
Office Administrator / Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AlabamaJune 11, 2015
I was told to keep my mouth closed if I had nothing good to say! I'm Blessed to have a job and be able to take care of my family.
Benefits
Cons
the doctors are amazing, but management is TERRIBLE
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, alJanuary 6, 2015
I definitely LOVED the physician I worked for. I learned a lot and loved taking care of my patients. I also LOVE most of the girls I worked with. There's always a couple people who get away with everything and drag everyone else down. Management is HORRIBLE. I can't express that enough. They are either no where to be found, OR harassing you when they look at the cameras. Yes there are cameras EVERYWHERE, including in the back, that streams live in the manager's office. I guess he gets bored easily because I've been harassed MANY times. I understand a need for camera, but he abused that power many times. They don't care about you as a person, all they care about is money. They fire the good ones. Best word i can use is UNPROFESSIONAL. The manager doesn't even have a college degree, but THINKS he can run a large medical practice. All in all, I'm GLAD I moved on to a better work environment, but do mimiss most of the doctors and people there.
Pros
people I worked with, insurance is paid for 100%, free lunches, learning things, Christmas party/bonus
Cons
long hours, certain employees get away with not doing their job, turnover is CRAZY, pay and raises are WORTHLESS
fun, fast paced. Professional and coworkers exceptional.
Medical Assist (former) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2014
Always very busy . Every day a learning experience. Hardest part of the day is the long hours, but fun and always enjoyable to be around great people and awesome lunches.
Pros
exelente benefits.
Cons
Long hours worked.
Fast-paced, long days, catered-lunches, insurance
FRONT OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2014
My work days began around 7:30 every morning, the front-office staff rotated positions every week so my job duties would vary. Hardest part of the job was seeing around 200 patients a day, most enjoyable part was was there was always something to do.
Pros
Free single-coverage insurance, catered lunches
very fast work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  brimingham alabamaJanuary 29, 2013
seen up to 100 or more patients a day. loved the educational and learning i recieved
Pros
fast enviroment, good work ethic
Wish I was still there!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2013
I cannot say enough! Its hard work but very quality care and no cutting corners! I loved the patients, and the staff there is very much like a family! Good People. Pay rate is quite Competitive too!
Pros
work environment was fun but professional!...catered lunches and the benefits are fantastic!
Cons
sometimes the days are long, but you know people don't plan to get sick...