Sealed Air Corporation

Sealed Air Corporation Employer Reviews

SealedAir was the best place I ever worked
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the people, the clients the entire atmosphere of the company
Cons: the pay and compensation
This was a wonderful company that focused on their employees and their work load. We were never overloaded and work was passed out evenly. We all had specific areas of the country we focused on. The clients were friendly and always appreciative. This was the best job I ever had. I loved my coworkers, the management and the clients. Bear in mind, there – more... were days that were difficult, but for the most part, it was perfect. The reason I left is because of the money. They didn't pay well. – less
Export International Administrator & A/P Clerk ISO (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 28, 2014
International Administrator & A/P Clerk ISO (1/1995 - 10/1996) SEALED AIR CORPORATION, Hayward, CA Provided administrative support for export to the Pacific Rim and Latin America, acted as liaison with overseas offices, banks and freight forwarders to resolve a variety of shipping and accounting issues. Processed weekly accounts payable, prepared all – more... export documentation: including schedule B’s tariffs, invoices, shipper’s bill of lading, ocean bill of lading and shipper’s letter of instruction. Devised and set up a color-coded filing system, and assisted in conversation from ISO 9000/ISO 9002. Performed receptionist duties as follows: mail distribution, fax, email and clerical support functions.
Bill of Lading Input Clerk/Rater & Documentation – less
Great internship program
Global Compensation Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), Racine, WIJune 12, 2014
The summer internship program is very intensive and helpful. Everyone learns a lot. You will have the opportunity to extend your internship or get hired full-time if you did well.
Exellent work place
Quality Inspector/ Shipping (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Excellent work place, Values there customers, and also has great quality.
Great opportunities for people willing to put forth the effort.
Lead Line Operator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 30, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: communication issues
Good solid company, good benefits, job advancement for those willing to work for it.
Good working environment
Jr. Project Manager for Purchasing (Former Employee), Robers, ARApril 23, 2014
overall great benefits starting from first day. not many opportunities for advancement in local sites.
Nightmare on Amflex Drive
Engineering (Current Employee), Cranston, RIMarch 29, 2014
Pros: benefits & infrastructure are acceptable.
Cons: favoritism is apparent, upper & middle management fail to recognize and appreciate a job well done unless your nose is brown, overall culture is hostile.
Atmosphere of this company does not foster independent thinking or process ownership. Management tends to rule with an iron fist. Environment is quite hostile.
Making good product for customers
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee), Madera, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: work as much overtime that you want
Cons: can become tired working so overtime
Made good money for what your job is.Good people to work with. Management only stressed being safe all the time. At times making sure the product was at the right specifications was the hardest part of the job.
Great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 26, 2014
Great company, would love to find another in Fremont just like it.
good
Machine Operator (Former Employee), lenoir ncDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: management
This was a good place to work but you better not get hurt cause you will not have a job for long
Great place to work with good compensation.
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Scotia, NYDecember 3, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: not enough growth to substain current positions
Progressive environment with Best in Class systems/programs to support and grow business. Believes in full team involvement with trust and respect for all team members.
n/a
Machine Operator/QC Tech (Former Employee), Hayward, CANovember 1, 2013
Great company to work for. Good management, great compensation and benefits.
SWIM AWAY!
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Racine, WIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: benefits were pretty good. co-workers were great until they were either fired or left.
Cons: too lengthy to list. don't waste your time pursuing a job here.
This is not an organization, it is a re-organization. In the last 4 years the company has changed its name 3 times and gone through more re-organizations than can be counted (The Diversey part in SE Wisconsin).

This is a text book example of how NOT to run a company. Favoritism, cronyism and just bad management are rampant. Good luck finding any true – more... leaders here because they just don't exist. – less
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hodgkin, ILJuly 10, 2013
Pros: 3rd shift
Cons: 3rd shift
3rd shift Machine Operator typical day began by checking,starting and maintain machine, test material interacting with co-workers and meeting quotes.
Distribution Services Clerk (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMay 28, 2013
Management is great. We work together as a team to get the job done.I like the fact that it is busy. I enjoy working with customer service, sales, and the carriers to make sure customers' orders are shipped on time.
Good Company, Bad Plant
Office (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCMay 13, 2013
Pros: machine operators paid well as compared to other jobs in the area
Cons: hostile, toxic work environment
This is a great company overall, but the particular plant I worked at has the most toxic culture and work environment that I have ever encountered. On a scale of one to ten, the morale there is -5. It is run by a plant manager who keeps the supervisors under him incompetent and cowering. Department managers that should be long gone for proven incompetence – more... are somehow kept around (just moved around to different positions), and ones that show backbone or some kind of intelligence are quickly railroaded out of there. It's simply amazing. There are some who have been there over thirty years, proven their abilities, but are not given a chance to move up in the company. It is soul crushing. The operators (who are extremely able) are not given input and often treated as inferior. Production is high, but of poor quality and there are not rewards or "thank-yous" for a job well done.
Only finger-pointing and berating when things go wrong. I thank goodness every day I got out of there!!!!!! I only gave this company the three stars because in talking with other employees, I know that there are better Sealed Air facilities out there, I just happened to be at the bottom of the barrel. – less
Great company
National Product Manager (Former Employee), US and AustraliaApril 19, 2013
Pros: growth and advancement
I worked in many sales related roles and as an ex-pat for 16 years.
I learned about the art of business working at this company. They were very rewarding to myself.
Good job, harsh environment
operator/helper (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCMarch 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not a good management/employee relationship. no employee input.
Good pay but extreme temperatures summer and winter. Work with good people.
Too bad
Manager (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TexasFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great and awesome people in the local plants
Cons: lack of vision in the senior leadership will hurt this company for many years
Sealed Air....A once innovative company is in the process of falling. I had a great experience at the local level. The management was great and a wonderful culture is in the plant. The main issues are with the upper management. A good ole buddy system with mulitple layers of dead weight. There will be a lot of "lifers" move on in the next couple of – more... years and Sealed Air will feel the effect. There lack of vision and poor talent development and retention will be their downfall. The packaging side of the business will have the greatest pressure to respond to up and coming competitors and time will tell how and if they can react. – less
Great people Awful management!!!!
Engineer (Current Employee), Seneca SCFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: cutting edge technology and intelligent fellow workers
Cons: no job security because upper management is running company in the ground
It's a shame what the greed and lack of intelligence in upper management is doing to this once great company. We are now vulnerable to a corporate take over or bankruptcy....

February 27, 2013

Seems to be a reoccurring theme!

About Sealed Air Corporation

Sealed Air Corporation is a manufacturer of a range of packaging and performance-based materials and equipment systems that serve – Read more