Sealed Air Corporation

Sealed Air Corporation Employee Reviews

Great people to work with.
OPERATOR 1 (Former Employee), Hodgkins,ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS
Cons: 12 Hour Shifts
Fast paced, multi-tasking environment. Excellent people to work with and nothing really to worry about--except 12 hour shifts. Management is good on third shift good and the people are fun, outgoing and excellent to work with. Company has excellent benefits upon hire and excellent retirement and 401k plans.
Good Place to work
Customer Care Coordinator - West Coast (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 6, 2015
Company is moving all office locations to Charlotte NC. Most of the people in the Greenville area are not able to move at this time.
Management has no idea
Plant Electrician (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: outdated equipment, poor management, no clear vision communicated to employees
Sealed Air's new motto "Re-imagining a world of less being greater than more" equates to cutting jobs here in America and giving them to Mexico. Once a great company to work for.....not as good now.
Very busy workplace.
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Current Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 19, 2015
It is typically very busy always receiving or shipping material. I learned how to operate a forklift and safely pack parts. It is a very engaging job that makes you have to be attentive at all times. Grate coworkers willing to help you out when needed. The hardest parts of the job is the amount of time you have to be standing usually most of the day .The thing i enjoyed the most was interacting with all people that come through the department like truck drivers, or costumers coming to see how we ship our product.
Great co-workers, terrible company
Account Representative/Field Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, co-workers
Cons: no carrier, unless you want to move back east, pay
I will say this, on a day to day basis this job is great. Dealing with customers and co-workers is a blast and we are out there doing what we love. On the other hand, there is corporate and management. Being an early adopter of any platform is encouraged, but if doing so hurts your numbers they don't care. This company is all about the measurables. They don't care that you took a machine or two that was released way to early into Beta and made it work, or that these machines make you bend over backwards to keep the company looking good. All they care is what was the forecast and where are you in accordance with that. Keep in mind I am saying this coming of a year where I am number one in my region, and no one else is close.
Competitive pay but some of the management are not virtuous.
Vendor Services (Former Employee), Duncan, SCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, on site cafeteria
Cons: favoritism, nepotism
Sealed Air was an excellent environment. The co-workers are good friends and the company promotes this comradery by planning team meetings, work, activities and games. The specific job I held was to field questions about payments from vendors. Many were not agreeable to the terms. This position had to answer for every mistake made by any AP rep keying invoices, purchaser who did not fully inform the vendor of the terms, and changes made to policies that were not communicated to everyone. Often the purchaser (who has authority over terms) would send the vendor to the vendor services line for terms issues when AP had no control over the terms. The vendor would get frustrated at the runaround. Upper management was impeccable, but new lower management was very unethical. They brought in friends from past jobs and pushed out tenured employees.
My Division promoted teamwork which was good.
Market Manager (Current Employee), New EnglandNovember 9, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: communications
The Diversey Care Division of Sealed Air encouraged everyone to work together as a team. This worked especially when the company went to Sector Teams. Bonus structure changed year to year.
Recruiting Coordinator-Human Resources (Current Employee), Duncan, SCOctober 30, 2014
Company is relocating to Charoltte, NC. I think it is a great move for the company; however, I am unable to move to a different location.
Project Management
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Duncan, SCOctober 14, 2014
Weak Project Management Team. This should be sufficient information.
Thoroughly enjoyed my job.
Procurement-Inventory Control (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: lack of management support from plant level.
Fast-paced work environment that you have to make quick decisions for the companies best interest. Worked my way from the bottom of my department to as high as I could go within my work area.
easy and fun workplace
Jennerjohn assistant operator (Former Employee), Hanover, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free christmas luncheon, great amount of vacation time, nice work evironment
Cons: some room for advancement but not in management, work can at times get hectic.
management is easy going, they work with your personal life if you need to have off. Benefits are outstanding but the health insurance did get bad. descent pay as well.
SealedAir was the best place I ever worked
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the people, the clients the entire atmosphere of the company
Cons: the pay and compensation
This was a wonderful company that focused on their employees and their work load. We were never overloaded and work was passed out evenly. We all had specific areas of the country we focused on. The clients were friendly and always appreciative. This was the best job I ever had. I loved my coworkers, the management and the clients. Bear in mind, there were days that were difficult, but for the most part, it was perfect. The reason I left is because of the money. They didn't pay well.
Export International Administrator & A/P Clerk ISO (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 28, 2014
International Administrator & A/P Clerk ISO (1/1995 - 10/1996) SEALED AIR CORPORATION, Hayward, CA Provided administrative support for export to the Pacific Rim and Latin America, acted as liaison with overseas offices, banks and freight forwarders to resolve a variety of shipping and accounting issues. Processed weekly accounts payable, prepared all export documentation: including schedule B’s tariffs, invoices, shipper’s bill of lading, ocean bill of lading and shipper’s letter of instruction. Devised and set up a color-coded filing system, and assisted in conversation from ISO 9000/ISO 9002. Performed receptionist duties as follows: mail distribution, fax, email and clerical support functions.
Bill of Lading Input Clerk/Rater & Documentation
Great internship program
Global Compensation Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), Racine, WIJune 12, 2014
The summer internship program is very intensive and helpful. Everyone learns a lot. You will have the opportunity to extend your internship or get hired full-time if you did well.
Exellent work place
Quality Inspector/ Shipping (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Excellent work place, Values there customers, and also has great quality.
Great opportunities for people willing to put forth the effort.
Lead Line Operator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 30, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: communication issues
Good solid company, good benefits, job advancement for those willing to work for it.
Good working environment
Jr. Project Manager for Purchasing (Former Employee), Robers, ARApril 23, 2014
overall great benefits starting from first day. not many opportunities for advancement in local sites.
Nightmare on Amflex Drive
Engineering (Current Employee), Cranston, RIMarch 29, 2014
Pros: benefits & infrastructure are acceptable.
Cons: favoritism is apparent, upper & middle management fail to recognize and appreciate a job well done unless your nose is brown, overall culture is hostile.
Atmosphere of this company does not foster independent thinking or process ownership. Management tends to rule with an iron fist. Environment is quite hostile.
Making good product for customers
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee), Madera, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: work as much overtime that you want
Cons: can become tired working so overtime
Made good money for what your job is.Good people to work with. Management only stressed being safe all the time. At times making sure the product was at the right specifications was the hardest part of the job.
Great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 26, 2014
Great company, would love to find another in Fremont just like it.

About Sealed Air Corporation

Sealed Air Corporation is a manufacturer of a range of packaging and performance-based materials and equipment systems that serve – Read more