Sealed Air Employee Reviews

Sealed Air
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 12, 2017
Not a great place to work! A LOT of hours! Strange schedule. Have to work at least every other weekend. Everything is your fault, no matter which way you go.
Pros
Cons
Schedule, work life balance
good work place
Machine operator, Production worker (Former Employee) –  Modena, PAOctober 10, 2017
good job , had good benefits, my day consisted of loading and unloading of trucks and distributing materials to there designated areas. good employees and management
Pros
good work place
Cons
no advancement
Started out as a wonderful working "family" atmosphere. When CEO decided to split "family" up and relocate customer service department, morale dropped
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 9, 2017
A typical day was phones ringing constantly, entering orders and assisting customers with various problems. We also had daily audits and reports that had to be completed as well as working with our production plant in getting our film produced and out the door. We learned multitasking right off the bat. The hardest part of the job was taking responsibility of things outside of customer service territory and keeping our customers happy.
My experince at Sealed air as en apmloyee
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, PAOctober 5, 2017
Atypical day would be a bit tiring since it was always over 100 degrees inside a ware house on a four day schedule consisting of 12 hour days.
Those might sound like cons, but truthfully it was nice having 3 days off a week and lots of overtime accumulated.
Sure it was stressful with the heat, but my fellow employees and management were nice, pleasant, professional people.
My duties at sealed air consisted of packaging Amazon envelopes in a box and that box put on a pallot. I wrapped by putting it on a machinethat did it for me.
Then I would place the ordersin an are for shipping to get them.
I also bagged buuble wrap of all sizes.
I would recommend sealed air to a friend.
Pros
Lots of overtime and free personal time
Cons
Hot working enviromement and low to decent salary
Temporary employee thru phillips staffing
Roll Stock Press Attendant (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 3, 2017
I was hired as a temporary employment and with no option for advancing, laid off after the closing of the Rochester New York plant. I liked the job and coworkers, but the morale was low.
Pros
Trainer very knowledgable of job.
Cons
Traning period to short
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 28, 2017
Worked with a great customer service team totaling 206 years of experience before being laid off.

Work environment was okay in the last 10 years. Lots of training opportunities.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Moved to Charlotte
Fast paced working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Faced paced environment, need to be self motivated each an everyday. There is a lot of opportunity for internal growth. Co-workers are easy to get along with and willing to work together.
Not Loyal
IT SAP QM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCSeptember 26, 2017
Regardless of how much you have contributed to the company over many years, they will cut you if they think they can save a buck. No loyalty to the older employees whatsoever. Always trying to replace them with younger, cheaper labor.

CEO is retiring, he only did what one of the senior executives wanted. They bought a company, then after bringing them on SAP, sold them. It is now a cutthroat company to work for. Watch your back.
Pros
autonomy in most IT positions
Cons
Very few ways to advance, they do NOT assist in helping you to advance or learn new skills.
Great benefits and stability
Site Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 25, 2017
Working at Sealed Air is great in knowing that my employment is stable and there are no layoffs to worry about. The pay and benefits are more than competitive for the area that I'm in.
Has good potential if Management at all levels get organized
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2017
Was laid off because of poor management and lack clear direction or communication to success in position. Company lack a lot of diversity and advancement opportunities to be global company. Lost a lot of good tenure workforce because of change to a more millennial focus to the work environment and of ability to have management at all levels and supervisors ability to translated true change behavior and priority to team environment.
Pros
New Corporate headquarters, competitive pay
Cons
Lack of diversity, poor morale, poor communication to employees
Good Company
Sr. Talent Acquisition Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Very positive and productive experience. Committed to the industry and creating a quality work environment. Always allowed for innovative ideas and welcomed any new and improved ways of working
Great benefits
Various Titles during career (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCSeptember 18, 2017
Very competitive benefits and salary compared to other manufacturing locations in the area. Very capital intensive product line. High quality products for the food packaging industry
Excellent Company to work
SAP Concur Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Sealed Air spends a lot of money buying software to evaluate employee performance and skills. Family oriented with a flexible schedule working hours. The hardest part of the job is they reorg every year which causes issues with employees.
Would Still Be There If They Hadn't Moved
Credit and Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 29, 2017
I loved working at Sealed Air. I learned a lot and was allowed to participate in projects that furthered the learning experience. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
A decent company but stagnant
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 29, 2017
A typical day for me includes data entry and testing material. I have really learned a lot about making Excel spreadsheets. Management doesn't seem to understand the struggles of the employees. People get trained well and end up taking their skills somewhere else for more pay. The workplace culture is like any other manufacturing place. The hardest part of my job is getting the right information to make decisions, as information seems to come to me in pieces. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laid-back atmosphere.
Pros
40+ hours
Cons
Little room to advance, slow pay increases
Worked
NOC Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2017
They are splitting the company and the work is done by contractors. This made it hard with the coming and going of the personnel that were with the company
Great Team to Work With, But....
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 29, 2017
Company has undergone a major culture shift since the most recent CEO came on board. A new global headquarters was constructed in Charlotte relocating many jobs. Building has an open office concept. As senior level talent leaves the company they are not replaced with senior or mid-level talent. The overwhelming majority of Engineers are new graduates. The company does not have a good mix of talent levels. Constant changes and reorganizations have made the company feel unstable, long term viability of the company does not feel strong. The rank and file employees who built the company have low morale.
Pros
Great team of professionals
Cons
Job stability
Everyone is friendly and all ways willing to help.
Mezzanine Operator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 13, 2017
I learn the important of working with food products is very serious .Because family all over the world uses our product. Management is very hands on .Very good work conditions. The hardest art of the job would be make sure you produce the best product cause this food packaging used all over the world .The most import part of this job is Quality
Pros
The hour was the best to me
Cons
Communacation: I think personally communaction is key to everything
Large Global Corporation with Small Company Feel
Executive Assistant/Office Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJAugust 11, 2017
I worked at Sealed Air in New Jersey for 12 years as an Executive Assistant and eventually Office Manager. The culture at Sealed Air is a warm, friendly one, even on a global scale. As I worked closely with Senior Management, I always found them to be professional and kind.
Great place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 10, 2017
Wonderful place to work they have a lunchroom . Job is easy to do and everything I enjoy working here it's a good place to have a career and the pay is very good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sealed Air. Our community is ready to answer.