Sealy Mattress Co Employee Reviews

Sealy has a divers work culture,Management needs to be the same
Framer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 10, 2014
A typical work day would consist of a 5am start time, and getting up and running all while trying to maintain an average of 80 pc an hr. what I learned at Sealy is how to lead and lead by example as well as listening to people, for if and when conflict happens,and it does, diplomacy is a must. All I will say is a little respect goes a long way. My co-workers were hard working and very diligent workers. The hardest part of any day at Seal was not knowing when we were getting off, some days we would work from 5am till 5:45 not knowing if we were going to be done at 6 or 11pm, not knowing! Knowing our job needs were met, that for me was the best.
Pros
the pears are great.
Cons
not knowing from day to day when we were done.
A place of getting it done
Plant Mechanic/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 12, 2014
A day of fast paced piece work that involved constant concerns of when/where will the next call come from for repairs of equipment. It's always best to be proactive rather than reactive. Management more concerned about product than people. Both are of value. Employees are under stress to complete daily output. Hardest part of any day was to keep production moving. Best part of the day was being able to make repairs in a timely manner having the necessary tools/parts.
my day at sealy was a day of acheivement,team player, quality,safety first.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 10, 2012
my typical day at work was always very busy,pulling orders at a very fast pace. i learned being customer services and quality, and safety is always first. i learned how to be a team player and to add value to the company by learning several positions. my job required me to do a lot of walking, bending,climbing,stacking lifting,and physical demands.,
Great competitive company!
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 14, 2013
Teaches you a lot about training and product knowledge One of the best job training courses I have taken in any organization, Made me a well rounded business professional.
good place to work open atmosphere
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 2, 2012
very good place to work very open attmosphere everybody treated each other like family

4.2