Searles Valley Minerals Employee Reviews

great career if you know someone out there
Vacuum Truck Driver class A (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Give it a shot, good compensation and benefits if you have the opportunity to get highered on as a full-time company employee. apply through continental labor or indeed.com
good place for a career
Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Great place for a career, they're willing to train you for the positions that they have. It is a very fast paced place with a lot going on around you at all times.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Good place to work, decent benefits and fair pay.. They are very flexible when it comes to personal time off. I have been with this company for just over 8 years and I don't really have any complaints...
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Could improve productivity but seems to be complacent at current level.
Loved the people I worked with and for
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trona, CADecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The people and management here were awesome. The work I did was fast paced and enjoyable. The company at that time was all about the people that worked for them. I would work there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
good people, coffee
Cons
not there long enough
Too much politicking
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Trona, CADecember 5, 2017
While workers are generally paid decently, management tends to treat people poorly. A lot of favoritism and nepotism. HR is a joke, and reports made to them result in retaliation. The facility I worked at was badly understaffed and overworked.
Long days, great pay!
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 9, 2017
I have worked for this company for over 5 years. Best years of my life! I've made a living from this work place! They take care of you, overtime is always promised!
Pros
You make good money! 8 year safety record, no recordables
Lots of great people there.
Railcar Repairman (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAJuly 6, 2017
Very pleased with the overall leadership at SVM. Good people and many opportunities to climb the "ladder" if done right. Very good training and plenty of chances to improve on one's self. Management is fair and loyal to the employee.
Pros
The pay is good for the environment of work
Cons
Health care
Sr Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAJune 26, 2017
fast paced working environment. Great for sharpening skills and obtaining experience,The pay is real good. Challengingand critical thinking come into play daily.
was the most positively empowering position I have ever held.
Executive Secretary, Utilities Plant Facility (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJune 5, 2017
Benefits, room for advancement, Railroad Retirement, 401K, sick, and medical benefits.....what is not to love? Safe and friendly working environment.
Benefits
Cons
Great Management
Treated very well with plenty of opportunities to learn.
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAMarch 15, 2017
I have been at SVM for just over one year. I have received many learning opportunities and am treated very well. Pay is great in this remote location. Every day is an adventure. The people working here are the hardest working people I have had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Remote Location
Its a great job
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Best job I have ever had
Its a good working environment and lot of learning is offered in the job
Best working managers with in -depth knowledge in all aspects of engineering
production over saftey
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 9, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company. rotating 12 hr shifts, the management is a little on the weaker side, all my co workers are great people that are willing to show you and teach you anything they can
Pros
long breaks
Cons
healthcare
Loved my department and my coworkers
Security Officer/ Weigh Master/ EMT/Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJanuary 14, 2016
My department was the best ever. My coworkers and my bosses were very helpful and made the environment a pleasant one to come to everyday. I looked forward to going to work and I loved every aspect about my job and my duties.
Pros
We all had job security and we all worked well together.
Cons
The company was sold and our department was contracted out.
Maintenance Department
"Maintenance Department" Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Maintenance department is in a transition. The retirement of employees and decline of salaries will create a short fall of quality of product produced. The decline in equipment responsibility will overall once again create a short fall in product quality.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No company growth
I was very satisfied about the postion, and made a decision to finish my career nearer my children, who are all in Louisville, KY.
Mining Operations Leader Brine Pumping (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAOctober 22, 2015
Strong middle management team.
Good teamwork at management level.
Minimal red tape, focused on Safety and Productivity and meeting customers' needs.
Allowed me to lead with my style.
Pros
Provided goals, direction, but let me lead in my style.
Cons
Location, 2, 000+ miles from my children and remote location in the Southern California desert mountains.
Maintenance Supervisor at a Chemical Processing Plant
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 8, 2015
Make calls about the overall performance of the machinery overnight. Then plan manpower for the days repairs. Go to morning meeting to discuss the status of the plant and plan accordingly. Go to planning meeting for the two - three week out schedule and parts inventory. Afternoon meeting to discuss the repairs needed for nightshift repairs. Have meetings with the workforce and share expectations and demands for the repairs needed to keep machinery running at an optimum level. Treat the men with respect to get the best overall performance from the men. The hardest part of the job is the long hours required with job, which takes me away from the best part of the job, being in the field inspecting the work being done by the men and instilling perfection on the job.
Pros
Free overtime meals, Matched 401K up to 6%
Cons
Overtime required due to machinery fatigue and failure.
great place to work
Control Room Operator Master Technicain (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 7, 2015
great pay, great place to work.good people, great job. Room to grow fast pace. great management staff. Only down fall is the location.
Pros
good people, great job
Cons
location
Good starter job to learn basics
Lake Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJune 11, 2015
Dismantled and worked on vehicles and equipment,. Operated many types of equipment. Operated heavy equipment and learned electrical wiring installation and hydraulics.
Exceptional Experience
Instrumentation Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Trona CAJune 8, 2015
A Great Company. Friendly staff and management. Great Benefits and Pay. Breaks are given, which is nice.
The Shifts are not too long and no night shift. Co Workers are knowledgeable and Friendly.
Benefits
Cons
Always something new to do.
Plant Support Specialist B (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAMay 13, 2015
The people there are always nice and will help you with any task you don't know how to do. the management is great. I learn how to run heavy machinery and work on them.