Searles Valley Minerals Employee Reviews

Its a great job
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Best job I have ever had
Its a good working environment and lot of learning is offered in the job
Best working managers with in -depth knowledge in all aspects of engineering
production over saftey
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 9, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company. rotating 12 hr shifts, the management is a little on the weaker side, all my co workers are great people that are willing to show you and teach you anything they can
Pros
long breaks
Cons
healthcare
Loved my department and my coworkers
Security Officer/ Weigh Master/ EMT/Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJanuary 14, 2016
My department was the best ever. My coworkers and my bosses were very helpful and made the environment a pleasant one to come to everyday. I looked forward to going to work and I loved every aspect about my job and my duties.
Pros
We all had job security and we all worked well together.
Cons
The company was sold and our department was contracted out.
Maintenance Department
"Maintenance Department" Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Maintenance department is in a transition. The retirement of employees and decline of salaries will create a short fall of quality of product produced. The decline in equipment responsibility will overall once again create a short fall in product quality.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No company growth
I was very satisfied about the postion, and made a decision to finish my career nearer my children, who are all in Louisville, KY.
Mining Operations Leader Brine Pumping (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAOctober 22, 2015
Strong middle management team.
Good teamwork at management level.
Minimal red tape, focused on Safety and Productivity and meeting customers' needs.
Allowed me to lead with my style.
Pros
Provided goals, direction, but let me lead in my style.
Cons
Location, 2, 000+ miles from my children and remote location in the Southern California desert mountains.
Maintenance Supervisor at a Chemical Processing Plant
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 8, 2015
Make calls about the overall performance of the machinery overnight. Then plan manpower for the days repairs. Go to morning meeting to discuss the status of the plant and plan accordingly. Go to planning meeting for the two - three week out schedule and parts inventory. Afternoon meeting to discuss the repairs needed for nightshift repairs. Have meetings with the workforce and share expectations and demands for the repairs needed to keep machinery running at an optimum level. Treat the men with respect to get the best overall performance from the men. The hardest part of the job is the long hours required with job, which takes me away from the best part of the job, being in the field inspecting the work being done by the men and instilling perfection on the job.
Pros
Free overtime meals, Matched 401K up to 6%
Cons
Overtime required due to machinery fatigue and failure.
great place to work
Control Room Operator Master Technicain (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAAugust 7, 2015
great pay, great place to work.good people, great job. Room to grow fast pace. great management staff. Only down fall is the location.
Pros
good people, great job
Cons
location
Good starter job to learn basics
Lake Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJune 11, 2015
Dismantled and worked on vehicles and equipment,. Operated many types of equipment. Operated heavy equipment and learned electrical wiring installation and hydraulics.
Exceptional Experience
Instrumentation Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Trona CAJune 8, 2015
A Great Company. Friendly staff and management. Great Benefits and Pay. Breaks are given, which is nice.
The Shifts are not too long and no night shift. Co Workers are knowledgeable and Friendly.
Benefits
Cons
Always something new to do.
Plant Support Specialist B (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAMay 13, 2015
The people there are always nice and will help you with any task you don't know how to do. the management is great. I learn how to run heavy machinery and work on them.
VEry hardworking job enviorment
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAFebruary 3, 2015
The hardest part I had with this job was that I was required to be away from my family for multiple days on end. Other than that I have learned some amazing job and life skills that I have continued to use in my current job.
Not a bad place to work.
Plant Operator/ Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAOctober 5, 2014
My job is pretty simple. At least to me it is. A typical day is usually easy. Some days are hard but, most are not. Working here is not bad. It could be better but, its not to bad. Management needs a little help understanding the importance of employee moral but, its probably like that in many places. There is a lot of infighting, he said she said garbage but, don't get involved in that and you'll do just fine.
Pros
You can make a pretty good living here.
Cons
Your family wont see you very much so, hug them babies!
Productive, continual learning experience.
Senior Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CASeptember 3, 2014
Typical day- Delegate work load to employees, make sure everyone has proper protective equipment. Have a meeting to answer any questions about the work load for the day.
I have learned many things with this company. You can continually learn as long as you apply yourself.
Management currently is not on the right track, I believe that they are working toward something better.
You are only as good as the people around you, your co-workers mean a lot, they can help you through whatever rough times you are having weather it be at home or at work.
Your job can always be enjoyable as long as you continue to stay motivated and encouraging.
Pros
Work with your schedule, good people.
Cons
Doesn't respect older workforce, trying to push them out the door.
hard but fare
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJuly 2, 2014
it was very hot hard work but very filling. good pay great hours. I would go back in a heart beet.
Good Benefits
INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Trona, CaMay 29, 2014
Hot and dirty place to work. Management is always rushing jobs. Not any room to advance within the company unless you are part of the "Good O'l Boy" Club.
very independent work situation
Production / Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAMarch 6, 2014
conducted quality analysis, controlled production machinery and production rates of chemicals, operated, maintained, and serviced production equipment, complied with all OSHA guidelines, followed safety practices and procedures... will explain more with interview.
Pros
great salary
Cons
long hours with rotating shifts from day to night
No culture, decent pay
Tech (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAFebruary 19, 2014
The pay is ok for a remote location like this, but then again, could be better because it is so remote. Management only talks about how the budget will be cut and very little interaction otherwise.
It was a good paying job with decent benefits.
MATERIAL HANDLING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Trona, CAJanuary 9, 2014
A general day would be go into our work area start up the machines that packed bags full of product.We would check all the information passed down to us from the other shift and on the work orders. Our job was to keep our bag packing line running as much as we could.

I would have to say that i learned how the industrial side of business works. Also all about work orders, bag packing machines,and all that has to do with rail car movement.

I would have to say management needed some work in there organizing. Other than that they were okay.

My co-workers were decent they helped me and i helped them. I had no real issue with any of the people i worked with.

The hardest part of my job was being on your feet for twelve hours. It wasn't just standing it was bending, reaching, and stair climbing. On top of that if something broke down that could cause you more work having to walk back and forth to test and get things to fix the problem.

I would say the part of my job that i liked the most was the troubleshooting and figuring things out. The experience i get from that will benefit me for life.
Pros
Good pay, and Benefits
Cons
Moral was low and lack of organization
Productive, very busy place to work
Lake Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Trona, CADecember 5, 2013
Great place to work, real family orientated. Job security is very high here. Management is really hands on. The most difficult part of the job is the shift work. The best part of the job is the benefits. Co-workers are generally real easy to get along with
hard work, yet appreciated the sense of responsibility
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Trona, CAOctober 11, 2013
I oversaw a particular area of the plant where we produced soda ash. I would grab product samples for the lab, check over equipment to make sure it was running correctly. If something wasn't running properly I would call in the repair for maintenance to take care of and then I would lock it out accordingly. If it was a minor repair I would fix it myself. I kept track of enviromental equipment to make sure everything was with in parameters. I was very busy on a regular work day. Climbing several flights of stairs on each round to check my area. I lifted and used valve wrenches to open and close valves to control the flow of product from one area or pump to another. My work schedule was 4 days on 4 days off and the shifts were 12 hours long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Searles Valley Minerals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9