Sears
9,532 reviews

Sears United States Employee Reviews

revie
Cashier Supervisor/Cosmetic Coordinator/ Sales (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2015
• Direct and Supervise employees engaged in sales or in performing services for customers
• Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees metrics
• Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for the department
• Ensures team is meeting company metrics by coaching and observations
• Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints
• Ensured that department standards and goals were being met
• Responsible for Department meeting sales goal
• Supervised and coached employees to ensure department goals were being met
It was cool at first until they went out of business at North West plaza Mall.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: 25% off clothing discount.
Cons: Slow pay raises. Store not the same since Roebuck left.
It was cool but because they were going out of business the workload became too much for the pay.

Flexible shifts for students and stay at home mom or retirees.

Trendy clothing that you would not expect from Sears.

Monthly training to be completed on computer.

$2 and $4 bonuses for each credit app.

The more credit apps you get the more scheduled hours you work.

Heroes at Home Military Program for veterans and their families.
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lincoln Park, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: you can make more money
Cons: when the sales are bad you lose hours
i love this job because it really is a good working environment i have great mangers that are there for you willing to help you out and make sure that they keep challenging you. they do thing to make us want to improve our selfs to keep pushing you so that we won't disappoint them.
fun workplace
Photographer (Former Employee), Paducah, KYApril 20, 2015
It was fun to work but to much unorganization.. I love to take pictures and brag about the pictures I took. It had its ups downs...
Always an adventure
Photographer and sales associate (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 20, 2015
Taking photos of children was always a blast. The results were priceless especially once I saw the smiles on the parents faces.
Job was managed well, company as a whole not so much.
[Sales associate (Commission)] (Current Employee), Fairview Heights, ILApril 20, 2015
Everything about the company is outdated. Thats why sears is always being one-upped by its competitors. Fortunately my store had a great work environment and i had some great coworkers but as far as the company as a whole its just not solid.
Not a good culture to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville MichiganApril 20, 2015
Sears is not a good place to work, there's a bad vibe while walking into work. I can't speak for Sears Holding Company overall but for the specific place I worked, it was terrible. Management was also unorganized.
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLApril 20, 2015
Friendly and helpful people to work with. Learned every dept. and learned a lot about the customer relations from Sears.
Easy going place, sometimes fast paced.
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYApril 20, 2015
Pretty fun place to work at. It was sometimes dead though, but everyone always helped out when help was needed. Our first manager was extremely optimistic and energetic. Pushed the team forward. But then when he left then 2nd one was... sort of out of the loop. Overall it was quite the experience.
It was a learning experience.
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
Every day was fun at work. I learned something new everyday. Management was good. We worked like a good team together. The hardest part of the job were the detainings. The most enjoyable part of the job was a mission accomplished every time.
ok
Reciever (Former Employee), Taylor, MIApril 19, 2015
It wasn't really a fun job and I probably wont ever work there again, they gave me hours but too boring of a job. Very slowed past and wasn't very exciting.
Fun and friendly environment to work in.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 19, 2015
Pros: Once every few months we had appreciation lunches.
Cons: Somedays the warehouse was extremely hot.
Everyone worked together and helped each other when it was needed. Supervisors would not hesitate to answer your questions, listen to your ideas and explain something if you did not understand it. The hardest part of my job was lifting some of the merchandise that could be pretty heavy. For the most part it was a good environment and we worked together to keep up our productivity.
good place for growth for entry level job
Footwear Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee), buffalo, nyApril 18, 2015
good place for growth for entry level job. low level associates fun to work with and have good team spirit. enjoyable part is working with people on same level as you
Hard Work
LEAD Merchandiser (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Time
Cons: Low Pay
Typical day at sears is to start out by pulling customer orders from the internet then receiving the merchandise trucks unloading the trucks taking merchandise to the appropriate place in the stockroom and pull in store orders for customers
Fun workplace with amazing people
Cashier (Current Employee), Warwick, RIApril 18, 2015
I have been working for Sears for almost four years now, and it is such a fun company. It's a great place to meet great people. The management is great! They're so friendly and supportive. I have learned so much with this company. For example; merchandising, working a cash register, organization skills, and so much more.
Footwear Department
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 18, 2015
Pros: Decent discounts, great co workers, and reasonable work pace
Cons: Short work breaks, low pay, and minimum hours
A typical work day at Sears in the footwear department would be making sure customers are well taken care of and sales are efficient. I've learned a lot working in the footwear department like completing sales, knowing how to stock and arrange shoes accordingly, and search for shoes as well. The management at Sears provides a good workplace. The managers are caring and reasonable and so are my coworkers. The hardest part of the day would be getting a shipment of shoes and unloading them into location. I would say the most enjoyable part of the day would be satisfying a customer and being able to get them what they need.
SEARS
Office (Current Employee), Dulles, VAApril 18, 2015
Very fast paced envirorment. Great place to learn and grow. Pay is not very good. Great co-workers! Great to use as a stepping stone.
flexible sales position
Consultative sales (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMApril 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, Interesting products
Cons: slow business, low hours
Working in consultative sales it was my job to assist customers in the hardlines department. This department was everything that wasn't large appliances or clothing. My routine was comprised of opening and closing duties with registers, cleaning and stocking the aisles, operating point of sale systems, and learning the about the product line of sears and craftsman utility items. I became fluent in understanding functions of various tools for many “trade” jobs and projects, there was a great variety of customers that came into the store looking for something specific and it was my job to help them. It was common to multitask several detail oriented projects at once, on line orders and telephone calls would be separated between checking the warehouse stock on an item, or explaining specs on tractors, air compressors or chainsaws. This pace was fine, and I liked being able to have control of the tasks I could see through. Building customer relationships was a big part of this job since I had the potential to make a small commission off of an extended warranty we were urged to upsell as a mandatory part of the job. The commission was equivalent to one percent of sales after sales goals were met for the day.
Challenging
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2015
Pros: NON
Cons: Do not offer good compensation
Dealing with members and follow up on escalations. Assisting Tech Managers with parts issues.

I've learned that you have to be acceptable to constant change

Great Management

Hardest part of the job is the system issues where the systems are down a lot and you cannot complete your work efficient enough

I enjoy the type of work I do. Love to help people and to make a difference
No 401k match - No raises
Store Manager (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: Like the staff I work with
Cons: No 401K Match - No raises for the entire staff
Typical day at work: Tour entire store in the Coaches playbook. Hire and recruit and train existing and new associates. Open and react to 50 emails a day, recap all emails twice a week for the District 13 stores. Tour with Assistant Managers and Lead looking at thier areas of responsibility. Conferance calls, take care of Members as they shop. Create and post schedules for the Team once a week. Responsible for meeting all Profit and Loss budgets monthly. The hardest part of the job is knowing Kmart closed 200 plus stores a year. The most fun at the job is the challenge of making a profit at our store. Working with associates and working with each and every Member/Customer. Just when one challenge ends another starts that is the fun part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more

Sears Salaries