Sears Employee Reviews

Found 13,097 reviews matching the search
Nice to you in the beginning. terrible to you after a month.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 24, 2016
Management is unskilled. No training for new employees. Merchandise is poor quality. Expectations are too high. Hard to sell the merchandise when customers keep bringing it back. Customers fly off the handle having to wait for assistance. Check outs understaffed and slow because of all the questions associates have to ask the customers before completing the transaction. Graded on metrics. Written up if metrics are low. No hours. Stay away.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
Everything else. Its sad. It once was a good store to shop at.
Great to make money, bad to work for
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 23, 2016
If money is all you seek from your employer Sears is fine if you work on commission and can do your job. I left about 2 months before the store closed because I saw the writing on the wall. Informed management and was told that the store would be going for another 5 years. After my departure, store manager transferred the week after and the store closed 2 months after I left.
Pros
money and flexible schedule
Cons
Senior Management does not care
ok job, good people except for manager
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 23, 2016
A lot to learn, manager expects you to learn everything in a week. Wasn't very informative about pay in interview. She says one thing one day and says another the next. Customer informed me she was talking about me in front of them with another associate while I was outside with a customer. If you are great at sales, then it will be good. But depends on if you can handle management. The team members are good people to work with.
Stressful place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTSeptember 20, 2016
They push so many different metrics into the Managers & if they can't make their team perform every month above company goal then you will be finding a new job real quick like. Your always stressed out about al the different metrics your trying to keep up & then on top of that you always gotta remember you could be their today & gone tomorrow with out a blink doesn't matter how good you are at your job!
Pros
Fun Lawn & Garden trainning during the spring
Cons
They have to be gettinf close to shutting down most if not all their stores
Great coworkers, but questionable management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 7, 2016
I have worked at Sears for a little over a year, and just recently got a raise. Over the summer I became the top in the store for selling credit applications, worked 30-40 hours a week, and was able to connect with the customers who shopped with us. I was under appreciated, and criticized when I did not get enough credits in a day. I learned that the customer is always right, and that you need to be kind to everyone no matter how they treat you.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Too low of a salary, not nice management, does not care about school schedule.
Retail
MERCHANDISING CUSTOMER SERVICE, SIGNING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 27, 2016
Job consisted of replacing price tags, and making sure all products were correctly priced and tagged. Also ensuring that all product was displayed correctly and in a visually appealing manner, which included cleaning, folding, rearranging all products. It also included assisting customers with finding products and answering questions they may have had.
Pros
Tagging product
Cons
Tag machines and scanners not working at times
Stable workplace
Sales/Shoe Department (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 28, 2016
Really loved my job and looked forward to going to work each day. I had varied duties providing interest. Fellow coworkers worked as a team when demand was necessary.
Pros
Had nice coworkers. Love job and had good client base with mostly repeat customers.
Cons
Limited breaks, difficult to get time off for religious worship services due to job requirements such as ad sets, last manager I worked for was extremely difficult on all employees, and district HR was not very helpful in resolving the situation.
Productive, fast paced, new friends and a very good learning experience if you want to learn about cars
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 11, 2016
•A typical day is fairly busy.
•I learned a lot of different thing about cars I could being home to my own life. Me being someone who has never did anything with a car but drive.Im so much more confident in that field then I have ever been in my life. So yes I learned a whole lot.
▪Management is ok, ever stores is different.
• I loved my Co workers at all three stores that I worked ,there like my family with a few bad apples but still some of the best people I have ever worked with.
•Hardest part of job is if customer comes back with the same problem we was supposed to have fix.
•My favorite part of the job is when the customer leaves happy.
Worried about points
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KS 67846September 27, 2016
They are so worried about points. The top people from Wichita is always on the management butt and their employees getting points. I felt horrible for the managers and they do not deserve it, specially when cashier are trying their best. They are also very worried about stealing. My husband brought me shoes to work because i wore flats (bad idea). I was fired for stealing with "my husband". I should have fought it.
Pros
Nice People in store
Cons
Corporate is horrible
Managers don't like their jobs.....
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYSeptember 14, 2016
The managers at lake Grove don't give a cohorts for their employees.they expect for employees to know their tasks and don't offer any advice or help when it comes to the job.believe me don't work there it just so disappointing.Whenever you need a snick to do inventory, they offer no help in getting a good workable snick. All the snicks sometimes don't work and the managers don't do anything to remedy this.
Pros
45 minutes of lunch
Cons
Bad managers with attitude problems
Great first time job
MCA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 15, 2016
Working with the managers was one of the best experiences I've had. They were caring genuine people. However, the company was stressful to work for. Sometimes the different district requirements made it hard to get things done. And the staff was always short which made it harder for the ones who actually worked there to get things done since the store is so large. However, I personally loved working there. I loved the work I did pushing stock onto the floor, and being a backup cashier. Its a great starting position for anyone looking to get a first time experience in the work environment.
technology indrustry
Technical Specialist/ sales (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 20, 2016
AT&T had the latest technology nation wide. There were a lot of prodcust that the customers were intrested in. Therefore made it easier to sell. However AT&T prices were a bit steep, however it was worth it since the service is reliable. THe culture working in the retail store is like as we are all family, We got alone in a way to help each other out and there was most of the time a lot of laughter
Pros
Diverse atmosphere
Cons
llimited to move up if your current positon is in demand
best first job for anyone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day working at Bill Millers usually depended on what position i was that day. From day to day i would either take orders at the register or at drive through, other days i would make the orders to go. I learned that face pace jobs make the day go by really fast. My coworkers were supper funny! hardest part of the job was trying not to cut or burn yourself. Most enjoyable part was my lovely managers!
Pros
fun at work
Cons
smelling like bar b q sauce
Enjoyable place to work, a lot of fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 21, 2016
Stocking, fixing signage, placing sales fliers, and helping customers was daily routine. This was my first job after the Air Force (13 years later) and in the beginning I was not sure what I was doing. With wonderful managers and co-workers I was welcomed, trained, and unleashed on the public! In the first 8 months there I received customer reviews of the highest scores, I was the first person to receive all 10's on all customer reviews. The people were great. My managers were willing to listen and help when I had difficulties. There was no downside to this job.
Pros
Just a fun job
Cons
None really
bounce people around a lot, they don't stay.
merchandise/customer service (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Good company just bad ceo and upper management. Should be concerned with customer service and happy employees. Like the different styles and jobs to do all day. Sime days are boring thoygh when there isn't too much to do. The people that work there ate the nicest people around. I enjoy the different things that go on each day. Some days are more difficult than others but all in all its nice.
Pros
fun place
Cons
poor management
Kmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CASeptember 25, 2016
Most of the time spent working at Kmart I was pregnant and growing bigger by the day. My store manager threw me a baby shower on a day that I was so overwhelmed that I almost called into work. Most days I spent at the register, ringing people up and talking to them about their day before moving onto the next customer, it was easy, repetitive work, but I got to know my coworkers and customers. The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours after I came back from maternity leave.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Social media and accounting support: Developed and maintained social media pages for non-profit organization clients and assisted in the development o
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 22, 2016
Provided excellent customer service and performed various sales transactions for automotive supplies and services. Service performance was consistently rated as “outstanding” by customer evaluations.
Pros
Good work environment, Good management, Good hours and Good Pay.
Cons
Preferred to meet sales quatas.
Great Company!
Resource Management Coordinator (RMT) (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 23, 2016
My current position at Sears is as a workforce management coordinator, and this position has given me the experience needed to advance in any company. Dealing with managers, sales and service managers (SSM), general managers, as well as other sites, has really taught me professionalism and good work ethics. Conducting multiple reports throughout the day, as well as hosting conference calls on a daily basis has given me the confidence to advance as a manager in the future.
Pros
Great co-workers, experience, management
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun experience
Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Was grateful for the experience, my co-workers all felt like family to me. Sometimes the store can be a little hectic, especially keeping the fitting rooms and keeping the floors clean was challenging. The best part of the job was watching and coversating with the shop-your-way sear members. Watching them smile after they make their perches, it warms my heart to know that I did a great job.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
Understaff
Fun place that provided great retail experience
Mattress and Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 20, 2016
Enjoyed working around other people and interacting with people all day. Throughout the day I would help people find mattresses or furniture or help them in other departments if the other associates were busy. I learned plenty in this job, such as how to do ad-setup and ad-take down, how to sell, how to properly help a customer based on their wants/needs, and placing special orders for customers into the system.
Pros
Great staff, good pay, good hours
Cons
short breaks and lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9