Sears
9,005 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

Great College Job
Back-room Associate (Current Employee), Eugene OregonFebruary 24, 2015
Working with sears was a great college job however, I am trying to branch out and start my career. I am trying to become successful in life not only by learning and growing in the working world but finding a job that I love.
Look Elsewhere
Director (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 24, 2015
This is where you go to end your career. The CEO and execrative management team has no clue on how to turn this organization around.
customer service
Cashier (Current Employee), spokane, washingtonFebruary 24, 2015
Not a very laid back job, must be good selling credit cards or you won't last. The people you work with are super nice but the head cashier manager can be rude. The hardest part was to meet all the unrealistic goals which depend on how many hours you work, including selling credit cards.
I loved working for sears.
Lead Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the management and staff made you feel loved and apprciated.
Cons: but when it was time to get paid it wasn't enough to survive on.
But the minimum wage was $7.40 per-hour that's only enough for bus fare and lunch.
I am a grown single woman that wasn't enough to live off of.
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Good place to work overall. Internship experience was good. A lot of learning opportunities, events organized for interns.
Pros and cons of Sears
MANAGER (Former Employee), Wilmington, DelawareFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: employees was excellent we all put forthe a good team manship!
Cons: poor professional management, clicques, no incentives, back stabing each other.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find what they are looking for and most of the time brighten up their day with a kind word or so.
The hardest part of the job is doing the VERY best on a continual basis and NEVER get recognized but criticized ALL the time by upper management.
good part time job
Return to Vendor (RTV) Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the discount
Cons: the kids you have work with
This is great place to work if want some additional income ,,but not as primary job. Loved the discount. Had to work with a lot kids who did not want work.
Productive and a good place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Picking stock for the online orders and then scanning the tickets and packing them. Loading the UPS trailer with forklifts or clamp. The management was great. The co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part about the job was working in the cool or the heat. The most enjoyable about the job was working for some great people.
nighmare
Electronics Specialist (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 24, 2015
worst job in my life stuck it out made some what a check do to lack of hours and pay rate of 8$ an hr with commission that was always return by customers daily
This is a good job to make money and get paid weekly
Shipping Department Manager (Current Employee), Boyle Heights, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: 10% off purchases
Cons: metrics and credit card sign ups are horrible
Always something to do.
All employees get paid on a weekly basis.
Every employee gets paid weekly if that employee is hourly.
Sears hires Special Needs Adults for Life Skills
Sears as a store has a lot to offer our customers.
Receiving (Current Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: we work as a team.
Cons: minimum wage.
Sears does have a high turn over rate on employees. They do offer a great deal to our customers, but over load the employees they have. Management does the best they can, with they are handed. If they would allow a few more hours in the schedules to higher a few more employees in each department, things would run smoother and they would not lose so many employees. My coworkers in the receiving department work as a team. We get along well with each other and help each other out. Most of the employees at Sears are fun to be around. They have a good since of humor, and joke around as much as we can. There are a lot of processes that are time restricted though. Such as: receiving freight, receiving UPS, getting merchandise to the floor, stocking the over flow of merchandise, staging customer products, and customer pick ups.
Softer side of Sears
Soft lines Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day would consist of reviewing schedules, cash office reconciliation. Store standards and merchandising the softer side of sears.
Company failed to live up to its expectation
Manager/Appliance Sales (Former Employee), Manassas, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: experienced sales people
Cons: poor sales culture
New management and ownership changed the sales culture and thereby limited the ability of experienced sales persons to make a living. The cut commissions in half and forced retirement on senior career sales people. The team morale suffered and sales suffered as a result.
Great part time work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Morganton, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Company sets clear expectations for employees. Workplace is professional yet can also be balanced with fun and reward.
The company its self is long standing and employee benefits are substantial even for part time workers.
Awful, Just Awful. They Are On Their Way Out
LOSS PREVENTION DETECTIVE (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Do not work here. It is terrible. The pay is very low and raises do not happen. Rock bottom is exactly where the morale is, and I am not sure that "rock bottom" can even paint an accurate picture. Positions and hours are cut all the time. The worst part is that any and all good employees leave and the company is forced to put unqualified persons into management positions, which in turn makes the situation worse.
Good job, decent pay
Appliance Repair Technician (Current Employee), Central NYFebruary 23, 2015
I actually like working here, it's just that I was dropped to one day a week due to no work. I've learned a lot about customer service and field repair of appliances.
Entry Level
Sales Representative (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Don't really recall! It was a short and temporary situation over 10 years ago! Was a pretty solid deal overall though from what I can recall.
Back to back calls
Parts Department Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: n/a
De-escalated supervisor calls & ensure superior customer service. Participated in floor competitions, team competitions, & set forth personal sales goals.
Productive and ongoing challenges to keep updated in selling
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: vacations, rotating schedules
Cons: short lunches
Walk my areas of responsibility in Human Resources, Cashiers and back office to ensure that work productivity is going smoothly, deal immediately with any concerns. Learned how to motive and get associates to be productive with the allotted shift times. Part of a great management team with support in all areas with a sense of urgency. Terminating insubordinate associates is always a difficult task but must be done to secure the success of team, productivity, and sales. Enjoyment is teaching, coaching, supporting, also being a part of a winning team.
I miss it
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: management, coworkers, everyone had a good sense of humor
Cons: minimum wage for almost everything
When I started working here I was young and It was my first job i was terrible and hated it, I then got to move to the backroom and i loved my management i loved all of the coworkers it gave me a real chance to grow and learn. The pressure wasnt so strong on getting sales and things. There were still things that were required of me of course but it gave me a chance to see management in a whole new light. They were under pressure way more than I was and after working for so long i wanted to do anything i could to help. They had cookouts and team meetings to help everyone get a good bond and great team work. it was my main job and then second job after getting full time somwhere else i worked here for my days "off" and it was like a home feeling. It was where i was felt comfortable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more