Sears
7,409 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

great department
Home Improvement Sales (Former Employee), Freehold, NJAugust 20, 2014
great work environment with great employees. The hours were always flexible and accomidating!
Great Company
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 20, 2014
I worked here for over 10 years, advanced several times. Started out as a store associate and ended my career here as Human Resources Manager
sears turning into k-mart
supervisor (Former Employee), txAugust 20, 2014
sears worked hard for a long time creating a family friendly work environment...then in 2008 k-mart bought out sears,put their hatchet men in high position & shoved their dogma into destroying the sears program & downsizing the company..if corporate sears really cared for their workers they would never had let the k-mart cartel which destroyed themselves – more... take over operations... – less
Very impersonable, large coporation not employee friendly
Sales Consultant - Home Appliances (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2014
selling appliances to members, I felt company was more concerned with the bottom line the customer satisfaction.
Relaxed and fun workplace
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of customer service, cash management, stocking, work area clean up, and lots of customer interaction. I learned a lot about connecting with people can make the transactions way more simple and fun. Management was very easygoing, but laid down the law when they needed to. My co-workers got along really well. The hardest – more... part was ask so many questions while trying not to infuriate the customers. The most enjoyable part are the customers you get to meet. – less
Productive, Enjoyable, Hard Work.
Sales Man/ Installer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: steady income, and interacting with customers
Cons: irate customers.
At this job my fellow co-workers and I would work together to accomplish our tasks.
The hardest part of the job would have to be unloading the in coming shipment, and doing inventory on the whole store.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers.
my family all worked there
Cashier/Merchandise Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2014
Pros: always loved going to work
Cons: was sad when they closed
sears was a lot of fun i had my family working with me and we just laughed but we still got out work done. i cleaned all the clothes off of the floors at the end of the day and also cleaned the fitting rooms out and put everything away at the end of the day.
Get your glasses here
Optical Supervisor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 19, 2014
Worked here for many years. Loved my customers and fellow employees.
Works well with schedule
Asset Protection Detective (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2014
Sears has always worked well with my schedule whether I'm going to college or working a 2nd job.
Loved working with the co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Logansport, INAugust 19, 2014
Everyday we were able to check out customers, handle money, and deal with customer service. My manager and co-workers were what got me through the long days. The hardest part was not having a lot of weekends off and working a lot of long hours.
Poor upper management
Appliances Sales Associate (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAAugust 19, 2014
Immediate supervisors/managers were wonderful but as you moved up the management was sub par at best. It was a complaint often heard by many coworkers and even other managers.
productive and sometimes fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), East Northport, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: working in the warehouse was fun
Cons: rude customers
the job was fast paced so the hours go by really fast but sometimes there are very rude customers and other times there are very nice customers who tip very well
Management with all the aspects of retail
Visual and Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Calumet City,ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: micro managed
Organized
Detailed
Leadership with every department
Knowing how to deal with each customer in a way that relates to them
Understanding
productive and fun workplace.
Customer service representatives (Former Employee), columbus ohioAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 30 mins break and as well as 15 min break.
Cons: not that much customers
A typical day at work would to provide customer service to each customer and to sell each Tv. You would learn a lot about Tvs. The management is great.
worked with great people
Headlines lead (Former Employee), Saint George, UTAugust 19, 2014
It was great to work with sears and learned the management field.
Cashier
Cashier and Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2014
I liked my job it was simple and you can make good a good bonus from credit card applications.
I honestly LOVED my job..
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Gardendale, ALAugust 18, 2014
I'm not even going to lie... working for this company was one of the most chaotic jobs I've worked but I absolutely loved every single minute of it. I never had bad experiences until the day I quit and even that wasn't company related, it was due to ONE member of management.
Friendly environment
Janitor/Detailer (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: compensation is not sufficient/limited advancement opportunities
Clean/detail appliances for showroom floor
Move appliance accordingly
Clean bathrooms, vacuum, offices, and other areas as requested
Learned how to use scanner for inventory/labeling items
Co-workers and management are enjoyable to work with
management
sales associate (Current Employee), middleburg htsAugust 18, 2014
management is very unorganized and gives the blame to the associates for their mistakes.
First job, Full of energy and willingness to learn
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Milford, CTAugust 18, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: forward mobility
-Learning the skills and patience needed to do my job at the highest ability i was able to.
-A typical day at work consisted of apprehending shoplifters and those attempting to deprive the business i worked for of it's assets.
-My immediate manager was a father figure in my life. I was able to count on him more than i can my biological father.
-My coworkers – more... and I honored and respected each. We would challenge each other to do great things daily.
-The hardest part about the job was that i was the youngest and know matter how greater i was at the job at hand than them they always treated me like the young kid on the block because i was the youngest.
-The most enjoyable part about the job was that everyone was like family there. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more