Sears
9,878 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

No longer the best
Sales Associate/Consultant (Current Employee), 3131 E Michigan AveMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work: Stock putting stock carts away
What I learned: you have to be competitive
Management: not as involved as they should be
Co-workers: good and bad
Hardest part: maintaining a positive attitude while having commission cuts and horrible customers
Enjoyable part: flexible with school schedules
its really bad company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Parkville, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: shorts breaks
its really hard to work with sears. bad hours and not pay you enough. its really bad and weak company prices, co workers, managers,
Very productive, on time, hard worker,accepts change.
receiver,forklift driver (Former Employee), melrose park il. 60160May 28, 2015
receiver in mourning, picking in the afternoon, forklift driver load and unload trucks when needed, also packing to finish the day.
Pay is not right
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Discount on clothes
I worked as a cashier but it was way more to my job description then just ringing people out to be only be being paid a minimum wage of $7.25 a hour.
Worse place I have ever worked
Pricing and signage Date code specialist (Former Employee), Pleasantville NJMay 28, 2015
Pros: Entertaining watching the employees do stupid stuff
Cons: Scheduling, pay, hours, management, idiot employees
I have been working now for almost 40 years and this is by far the worse business I have ever seen. Scheduling is horrific, management doesn't care about the employees. I could only last at Kmart in Pleasantville NJ for about 6 months. I spoke to management about the scheduling and with no results. You get your schedule on Friday for Sundays workweek start. I do realize we are talking about K,art but, these have to be the dumbest people on the face of the earth that work there. With all that being said the company is a total disgrace and should be put of business before long. Just as a note, I am a former business owner myself and would always pride myself in taking care of my employees. They are the essence of your company. The whole Kmart management think has me baffled! I guess in the long run you get what you pay for. So long Kmart you will be gone soon. Wake up Sears Holding Corp, this surely does not look good for you either.
It's alright
Sales associate (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 28, 2015
Pros: kind staff, great deals with a discount also
It can be very confusing, especially as a first job. This was the first job where I actually WORKED. Where I was taught how to work a cash register and did all my customer service. At Sears Outlet, they had amazing deals that I could get behind. I loved working there. Hardest part of this job would be keeping up with the always changing sales and the management was alright. I got along with all of the managers I had. The only problem I really had was trying to get people to sign up for a Sears Credit Card. I'm just not very good at getting people to sign up for something they'll have to pay off such as a credit card.
sales
sales associate (Current Employee), hattiesburg msMay 28, 2015
selling and helping customer
how to be patient
the management is ok
my co-workers are great
the hardest part is trying fix thing out of your control
sales
productive and calm environment
Jewelry department and Customer Assist (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 27, 2015
jewelry department over all was very slow all the time. management was ok and at times helpful. Always worked alone didnt have more than one person at the jewelry department during one shift. most enjoyable was helping people shop for that special gift.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nogales, AZMay 27, 2015
Really reliable place to work for they dot lower hours as much as other places, team I worked with was exceptional, everyone got a specific training in a specific department management was alright could have been better, fast paced environment.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Sears. It's a fun environment. Everyone that works there is friendly and you make friends as soon as you start there.
Great coworkers
Consultative Solutions Professional (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMay 27, 2015
Pros: Fun sales staff
Cons: manager's sensitivity
Good place to work. Suggest more training for management team. Great products. Limited growth and advancement opportunities
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 27, 2015
Pros: Working in a great mall that had everything
Cons: Parking
Most associate worked hard and wanted to do their best to help customers. We had such a diverse group of associates that was willing to learn other cultures.
Great for a student and no one else
MPA, Administrative Assistant, Cashier (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CaMay 27, 2015
They start out paying minimum and expct maximum output. Its not unskilled work just really undervalued, especially by management.Co workers were really great though. If you stick around and fight for raises they'll come.
I worked for Sears in Transportation department more than 8 years ago but at the time it was a very nice place to work.
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Health Club at work
Cons: average pay
Typical day was 7-5 interacting with a great group of folks to accomplish our transportation goals. Management was supportive and involved.

The hardest part of the job for me was the commute to Hoffman Estates daily and the average level salary.

The best part of the job was accomplishing our goals and having a health club at work.
Be prepared to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2015
This is a job where you need to to go in with an open mind. My co-workers were very lazy, I encountered my fair share of customers (to be expected for customer service), and District Management always made you feel low on the pole. Work was busy on days that we have shipments . Organizing the items could take months, but once that was over you were bored for the next 6-8 months with no nothing to do but to try to find things to do. Overall, wouldn't recommend sears outlet
Productive environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, NYMay 27, 2015
I have not been working there for two months now but I gained a lot of experiences when it came to how to give good customer services. Working in their human resources department gave me a lot of confidence and skills that I can apply anywhere I go.
Employment experience was misleading
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, MIMay 27, 2015
Upon the first week of employment I was approached by a secret shopper. Being a new employee, untrained and the shop being under staffed, individually by this secret shopper I received a less then stellar score which was then sent to the president of the company, I was then approached by human resources two weeks after the interaction with the secret shopper, repremanded, and let go from Sears Automotive with absolutely no warning.
well organized company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJMay 27, 2015
Cons: company hours get cut badly
Here at sears I do customer service,cashier, floor planning, merchandising pricing and weekly ad set up. what I learned about working in retail is your constantly moving, working, assisting customer, making sure every customer have the best shopping experience when shopping at sears. Our management team is OK sometimes theres hard to find a manager when you need them.We are very limited with staff, but with the staff we have we manage to work together, help each other out, and get the job done. The hardest part about my job is trying to do an floor plan with no merchandise.It happens quite often due to the fact that a truck may be late or the warehouse didn't follow our butter stock merchandise ticket we send them. Even though thats the hard part, I must say i enjoy doing my floor set up decorating the floor according to the seasons making it look spring time if its spring, summer if its summer, etc.
Hard working with ultra standard work ethic always giving 110% to my job.
Home Improvement Sales (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Helping customers accomplish things
Cons: Part time only and less than 30 hrs per week
I've worked for Sears since July 2014 and haven't missed a day since I started working there except when i went to my grandmother's funeral. I'm dedicated to my job and to providing the best customer experience to customers.
fast paced environment and up beat working style
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch and 15 minute breaks every 2 hours
Cons: slow days, repetitive work
A typical day at work would be doing the same thing everyday which was pack boxes of cloths all day. Keeping count and keeping track of what items you'r packing. Management is decent but always feel like our crew of workers is behind. Good co-workers good though, always fun to talk to and work with. The most difficult part of the job is just lifting boxes of apparel that were no less then 80 lbs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more

Sears Salaries