Sears
7,913 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

CPI
MANAGER (Former Employee), Prescott AzOctober 17, 2014
Company poorly ran and went out of business. Sales were pushed to hard and less was placed upon experience. You know there is a problem when company is collecting email addresses to spam.
Many projects to complete each week keeping everyone busy
Merchandise and Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNOctober 17, 2014
I enjoy working with the other employees at Sears. The pay is not enough to live off of and there are no raises. Many people quit making more responsibilities fall upon others. Ex. If there are not any cashiers scheduled or quit, others will have to step up to take their place. I enjoy working with people so its not too bad of a job and great discounts – more... and prices! – less
work
Cashier, customer service rep (Former Employee), new orleans, laOctober 17, 2014
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the different attitudes you encounter.
Learned new things.
Cashier/Photographer (Former Employee), chicagoOctober 17, 2014
I learned how to become a photographer without having any previous training. I love the interaction I had with children and families and making children be able to smile for the moment of a lifetime!
Cashier (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 17, 2014
Sears was a great place to work I loved all my coworkers and managers.
Great working environment, very educational
Hardware and tools Salesman (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2014
Sears had a great working environment and another nice thing they had was that you constantly learned new things on the jobs. They would have new training materials every week to ensure that they're employees are constantly learning new ways to please the costumer.
It was an experience. I learned alot about profit-loss.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), ALOctober 16, 2014
Pros: trainging
Cons: job elimination
As far as management, I was involved 100%. There was no work life ethics and we failed after a long fight. My co-workers were not held responsible for their actions and were terminated, too late. The hardest part of my job was The most enjoyable part-my work life balance. It was an experience that I am thankful for and learned a tremendous amount of – more... information about loss. – less
Love my job always busy doing something.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Hayward Ca,94545October 16, 2014
Pros: every now and then free lunch and bbq.
Cons: healthcare not covering my costs well. not matching 401k.
A typical day at Sears is that there always something to do. For example receiving a shipment to merchandising the sales floor. Helping customers. Getting the job done. The management is good they are always very nice to me including my co-workers. I enjoy my job very much been there a long time I love the fast pace and how the flow goes in my store.
Good stepping stone to a real career.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKOctober 16, 2014
Pros: decent hourly pay, commission.
Cons: too concerned about credit card applications
The customers and co-workers were mostly friendly. However, Sears seemed to be overly concerned about service plans and credit card applications. They cared more about them than customer satisfaction.
Co-workers are awesome to work with
Softlines Lead Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTOctober 16, 2014
Sears is a good company to work for, it's just you need a great tem off people and not negative nelly's
Huge learning Experience
Multi-Unit Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Former Employee), Douglas, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay, fun job
Cons: upper management
I learned a lot with this job. I feel as if this company really prepared me for any other career in the same field.
Horrible
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Fairless HillsOctober 16, 2014
Pros: okay pay
Cons: treated horrible, bad management, dont care about your problems, to them they should be your number 1 priority etc.
Horrible. I worked more then I was at home and they could care less about their employees. They have no idea how to run a dc and everything is so unorganized. All you are to them is a number and that's all you'll ever be.
Best co-workers
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 16, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: long walk to the restroom
I typical day of work for me usually consisted of opening the department by putting the locked up jewelry on display, and taking a count of that jewelry. Then next both registers were counted and opened to service customers needing to make payments, purchase jewelry and other items, and sign up new customers for credit and loyalty programs. The hardest – more... part of my job was doing yearly inventory counts of every piece of jewelry in the department, it had to be a very accurate. My immediate co-workers were amazing we always worked together as a team with excellent communication. My immediate department manager was very knowledgeable about the department, and what all needs to be done to make the department run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely making customers happy with my service. – less
Shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 15, 2014
I worked softline shoes department. The management was horrible. along with the shortage of hours.
Decent place to start, horrible place to stay
Senior Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: relatively easy to get hired
Cons: bad work environment, lazy management
My initial impression of Sears was positive, but the job itself was very mind-numbing. Management in general was lackluster with very few people willing to help a new associate and most flat out refusing to help. Work environment was awful, good luck taking a break in peace without some angry employee complaining about random job annoyance #4382 within – more... earshot. You will not be trained in anything relevant to your job, nor will you have any real power to help a customer when they are talking to you. Of course, you can just transfer them to another department and go back to looking at facebook. That's what everyone else does! – less
Solid Job Choice
Sales Associate (Hardware) (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAOctober 15, 2014
I learned a lot of practical knowledge in my time working at Sears. It was very beneficial.
Energetic environment
Assistant Store Manager - Softlines (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: competitive pay and surplus of training material available
Cons: pension / 401k limited
Loved helping members and developing associates. Learned a great deal about time management and positive reinforcement. Co workers are very friendly and will work in any and all areas even if not their specific role. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get the exact product they were looking for at an affordable price.
amazing company love it
Stocker (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 15, 2014
help customers and gave them my advice on certain ideals
manger was very nice and respectful
co-worker was amazing
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate in jewelry (Former Employee), Hemet, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discounts, getting one on experience with customers
Cons: returns
Greeting customers, giving them information on jewelry sales and promotions. Working together to meet quota for the month. Accomplishing a sale was the most enjoyable for me and not meetin a customers needs in pricing and losing a customer would be the hardest part.
stressful at times
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), south portland maineOctober 15, 2014
Watch for shoplifters and work with local police. Made sure that work place was safe for workers and customers alike.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more