Sears
9,300 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

produtive fun work place
Shipping and Receiving supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Sears a great company to work for. This company offers you the opportunity for career advancement ,benifits as well as job security. fun productive work enviorment.
sears
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Manteno, ILMarch 26, 2015
Sears is a great company to work for. Just with the way sales has been the company does not have a good future. They will probably close with in the next couple of years.
Sears Holding
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 26, 2015
I loved working at sears, great trainers, great atmosphere and great incentives, however the hours i was required to work did not fit for me because i am a single parent and they could not change my schedule .
interesting
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 26, 2015
each day in retail is an adventure. solving the different problems from day to day was interesting and made the job fun. dealing with a variety of people and issues was interesting as well family time was short however.
Was an excellant corporation to work for!
Home Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 26, 2015
Working as a Home Electronics Sales person while in college was a great experience for me! I meet a lot of great people and got to work with electronics all day!
An excellent company
Cash Office Associate/ Human Resource (Current Employee), Monaca, PAMarch 26, 2015
I really enjoy working at Sears. I learned alot through them and got trained at alot of new things that helped me gain the experienced that I needed
a day at sears.
SOFT LINES MERCHANDSING LEAD (Current Employee), Florence, KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: associate discount, vacation
Cons: pay rate, very metric center company
The hardest part of my job is my pay. I have not had a raise in 7 years. The cost of living goes up but my pay does not.
I do like the work that I do. I merchandise and deal with customers on a daily basis. My co-workers are great people and a few of us girls have a great relationship out of work like going out to eat, movies and bowling.
great companies
Customer Service (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 26, 2015
i enjoy working or all companies i learn there working environments and the people there are very friendly its a great pleasure working or them.
Excellent Starter Job
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Pearlridge, HIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: EXCELLENT SKILL SET!!!!
Cons: Lack of time management from Bosses.
This Job set me on a Path To learning Loss Prevention. The Management was great, and Taught me what I needed to know to lead me to where I am going in a FUTURE with Loss Prevention and or Law Enforcement!!!!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Management opportunities
Cons: none
Very good company to work for, unfortunately the location I work at closed it's doors. I enjoyed working with everyone at this location.
A typical day at work.
optician (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 25, 2015
I come in and put out my Ray Ban frames, open the store using the Eye Net system, open the cash register, count money and start the daily reconciliation envelope. Days without doctor, we are single coverage. I answer phones, use an online appointment book, pull insurances, prepare charts for the doctor, call and confirm appointments. When our orders are delivered I check in the glasses, confirming they are properly made, bench align and call customers. I dispense and adjust as well as trouble shoot any complaint. We also sell and dispense contact lenses. When needed I teach insertion and removals. I sell glasses, collect information needed to make the proper recommendations for glasses, take measurement for all styles of bifocals. We do PA's regularly through the day and are ask to do outreach through the day to connect with customers and invite them into the optical. I do the end of day closing, reconciling cash register to Eye Net system.
Retail is a workout!
Manager / Receiving Department (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Upper management
Cons: All black uniforms in the summer
Great environment and co-workers, first managerial advancement opportunity at the age of 20, learned how to maintain production of the retail receiving department.
Successful large corporation
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Florence, KYMarch 25, 2015
I learned a lot about selling and identifying people's needs. A typical day consisted of selling products, selling extended warranties, signing customers up for rewards programs, and getting them to apply for credit cards. The hardest part of my job was selling the extended warranties because a lot of the time people will say no regardless what the price is. I learned how to overcome many objections while working at Sears. I enjoyed the job because there were plenty of opportunities for growth.
Great company to work for
Appliance Technician (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMarch 25, 2015
Great management team.

Great benefits and good pay if you put in the overtime If not willing to work overtime is not really the place for you.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), ILMarch 25, 2015
This job was a experience . The co-workers half are great but i would not go back. The managers are better then the co-wokers
Basic Retail Environment
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNMarch 25, 2015
I was fortunate enough to come into Sears with an education, so I luckily made slightly more than other employees, however the compensation was still not worth the work for the position I was in.

As a full time employee, you have to wait 1 year for benefits to become effective, and there are no merit increases given, even for stellar performances.

As far as building relationships, its a good place to work because you get to meet a lot of employees that could become friends in the future. Management often seemed to take most Sundays off, but required all other associates to work. Managers were often hiding in offices as opposed to being active on the floor, forcing department leads to take charge.
sears
Support Specialist (Former Employee), melrose park ilMarch 24, 2015
loved working there. most enjoyable part of the job were the people. management and co workers were nice. work days were long.
Can be great if you have good management
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Works well with your schedule, commission good during the holiday season
Cons: Have to work weekends and holidays, upper management wasn't very good
I arrive 15 minutes early to do opening procedures which include; signing out keys for jewelry cases, opening up the safe and putting out jewelry, counting jewelry, turning on and counting cash drawers, and opening the gate to the mall. Throughout the shift I would greet every customer in the area and assist those that are looking to purchase something from my department, as well as assisting other customers to find the department they were looking for.

My immediate manager and co-workers were fantastic, as well as many of the lower managers. They all made my experience there pleasant and enjoyable

The best parts of the job were pairing a customer with the perfect gift, wonderful co-workers and the friendly repeat customers.
good people, no advancement possible
Field Operations Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Middleburg, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: no advancement
Good people, work is tedious and not challenging , no advancement is possible.

This position is a error resolving position, that corrects service orders by contacting, customers, retail stores, businesses etc. or by any means necessary to resubmit them for payment to the appliance manufacturers for repairs completed under specific and varied warranties for the whole country.
my experience
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), round rock texasMarch 24, 2015
Working for Sears has been a growing experience in every way and it has been a life change employment experience in so many ways

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more

Sears Salaries