Sears Employee Reviews

Found 13,855 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
MCA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Sears was my first job out of highschool everything was new to me but I learned how to work cashier fast work great with others pay wasn't great but it was my first job
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Pay
Great staff and employers
Commissioned Appliance Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Management is great.
Connecting and engaging with members is the highlight of my shift. The workplace is a fun environment and we all strived to make everyone in the sears building welcomed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get those whole home sales.
Pros
Great commission rates
Cons
Sears is a pretty good place to work.
Comissioned Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 19, 2017
Although the pay can be better, Sears is pretty good place to work and the managers do their best to take care of their employees.
Pros
Sears has friendly associates
Cons
The job doesn't pay enough.
Little to no leadership. No accountability from anyone. It's like they are asleep at the wheel.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was spent creating new accounts and doing your very best to save others. Very rarely did things ever go smoothly with anything once the sale was made. Many long tenured managers act as if nothing is wrong when in fact the ship is sinking.
Pros
Worked from home.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Lower volume in the warmer months and work more when the weather is less desirable. lots of chances for advancement.
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manteno, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I started as temporary and got fulltime before 2 years in. I became a lead in the first 3 years there and then moved up to now Area Manager.
great stepping stone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 19, 2017
My absolute favorite job. A job that can grow with you if you let it. Managers are cool and understanding. Your a treated just as good as the customers that visit the store.
very busy place
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJanuary 19, 2017
its a very busy work environment
what i've learned is what it takes to succeed in certain places
management slacks in a variety of things
cant describe the workplace culture. its fair
hardest part of the job is doing the job alone
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with others you get along with
productive and busy
Merchandising and Pricing (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at Sears is interesting because you never know what's going to place, it's always changing and the customers are all walks of life. The hardest part of the job is getting yelled at by customers because something doesn't meet the standards of what they need or want. With management I think the line of communication could be a little better. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship you make with the other employees.
Pros
when the store does really well in sales they provide us with free meals
Cons
lack of commiunication
customer service
Sales Associate/ Photography Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Provided high level of customer service by scheduling appointments, answering questions, and conducting photography sessions
Helping Client to pick out quaintly Picture
Retail
Customer Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 19, 2017
A typical work day, was good, fast pace, enjoyable. What did I learned, Everything about Tires, Batteries and the different services that Sears sold. Management, Fair and keep everything in balance. Workplace culture, Standard Automotive Industry. The hardest part of the job, was to put the batteries away on truck day and the unloading and stocking the tire shipments. The most enjoyable part of the day, was taking care of the customers service needs.
Pros
Great Hours, Good Pay
Cons
Holiday hours to long. and Winter weather
Good Job for High School Students
Home Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 18, 2017
Started my senior year of high school and they really work with your schedule. Some of the managers are not the best. They often trust the wrong people and reward them, so the people who do shady stuff do get results are the ones who get promoted.
Cons
"Is your store closing?" EVERY. SINGLE. SHIFT.
great workplace, enjoy meeting new people,nice staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brewton, ALJanuary 18, 2017
opening/closing store,meeting and greeting customers,helping customers find the right appliance thats right for them,great teamwork,long hours but thats what i need,overall great job
Good work
Shoes MCA (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2017
Came in and did work as assigned, assisted customers as requested and ultimately ended work on positive terms. Excellent experience and would enjoy working there again.
Pros
Decent balance of personal and career work, Occasional free lunches for holidays
Cons
None that come to mind
Worst Employer Ever
Retail Installation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 18, 2017
The building is falling apart. It is filled with asbestos and leaky roofs. It is one week away from developing black mold.
The management team is ridiculous.
They are constantly messing up your hours and paycheck and not paying you the correct amount
If you make a complaint about harassment, they will not pursue it. They will ignore it and then find a way to try to unlawfully terminate you for it later.
They unlawfully terminate randomly
They cheat you out of your overtime and force you to work above your pay grade and off the clock
I could go on about how horrible this ridiculous company is but it is horrible.
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Not a bad place to work, hours where decent, management not to bad. You get commission for sales so that can help boot your paycheck
Productive and challenging environment with opportunity for advancement.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2017
Sears has helped me grow professionally and gave multiple opportunities to advance. Management and floor staff are a joy to work with and can communicate well about business strengths and opportunities.
Great college job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2017
I worked here during the 4 years I was in college. Built good people interaction and sales skills. I was able to have a great balance of earning money while I was completing my education.
Productive and Fun place to work, every day is new
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Every day is a new day at sears. They promote a successful atmosphere with sales incentives and awards for success. One of
my friends in my department won a free PS4 this last month in December for highest goal performance.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Travel distance
Fun workers
Consultative Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 18, 2017
Management is unprofessional , breaks were very short, no benefits. Also no true way for advancement or for you to get ahead in the company . Pay also is not that good .
ok
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 18, 2017
the pay was good. work place alright. was a challenge at times. tiring at times. good for persons that's people friendly. a pain in the but at times. work day was long some times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9