Sears Employee Reviews

Found 16,906 reviews matching the search
Great enviroment
Front-End Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 16, 2017
I loved the teamwork involved in getting projects done. Managers were involved in our work. We were free to ask and seek help and as a group we were able to work with each other completing deadlines.
Pros
pay, benefits
Okay entry level job
Loss Prevention and Sales (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 16, 2017
It was not a hard job but they pushed a lot of the sales tropes on their employees. They want you to sell overpriced protection plans that didn't do anything. When they would confront you on low numbers and you'd ask a better way to sell it they wouldn't have any answers either. In my area the people I worked for and with were always very nice and understanding. I did actually have a lot of fun at the job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
low pay, low chance at advancement
productive
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 16, 2017
Enjoyed the opportunity with the company just not confident how long employment will be attained. Promotions or job transfer was allowed. Communication was okay yet not the best
Pros
benefits, helping others that can't do for thier self, contributing to finical goals, experincing a different work day every day
Cons
the feeling of uncertainty
High Volume
Sr. Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 16, 2017
Offers casual environment and some advancement opportunity. Constant change, which makes the job somewhat unpleasant. Has high turn over rate which can be difficult to the senior associates.
Pros
Conveniently located
Cons
High turn over
I hated working here
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 16, 2017
The compensation was horrible. Even after working for them for 4 years, as a manager, I was only making $11.50/hour. I had a bachelors degree and still was making pennies! The company doesn't care about the employees.
Poor manager
Tech Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
Used to be a great great company to work for in the past. Tech will learn alot about appliance, but poor manager will make you want to quit. Will not go back
sears
Stock /Marketing lead (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAAugust 16, 2017
Great job to work for. very good people around the warehouse. if i did not move would still be working there. my mangers was very helpful on how to maintain the warehouse.
eh
Merchandising and pricing associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 15, 2017
Its a cool place. inconsistent hours, cant ask for much more. The people are generally nice. Just a bit of an older crowd. The company is slowly failing though.
Job not a Career
LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  HIAugust 15, 2017
This place is a job not a career. Not a good benefits package. They don't really take care of their own workers. But overall it was a great place to get experience.
Pros
great experience
Cons
Company doesn't really take care of its people
Forklift operator/receiving
Material Handler-Worked in Sears (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJAugust 15, 2017
A typical day involved loading and unloading incoming and outgoing trucks, checking inventory, providing paperwork for inventory adjustments, identifying and logging damaged merchandise.
Pros
Great interaction between co workers, able to work independently
Cons
Short breaks, raises were too low
Terrible company to work for.
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLAugust 15, 2017
Company is falling apart. Each shift the workload got bigger while your hours were cut to save the company dime. Drastic under-staffing and still expected to meet ridiculous quotas.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, undervalued
Salesfloor Competitioin
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 15, 2017
Sears sales consultants must be ready for any holidays or special events, similar to any other retail business. Much of the years business happens during these times. All other sales skills are assumed.
High school Job
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MIAugust 15, 2017
It was an exciting and fun job that I enjoyed very much. The boss was a blessing to work for and made the job fun and not boring at all. It didn't pay very much though but it was not like i was looking for a future through their corporation. It was just giving me a stable income through the portion of college i went to.
never give raises
Merchandising and Pricing Lead (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 15, 2017
its a job. very repetitive. you must get people to open up credit cards. they go real hard with that. they also want you to get people to give them a 10 on reviews that they are allowed to do which is on their receipt.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
no raises
Staff was Great
Electronic's Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 15, 2017
Although Management was always rushing everyone, the staff manages to stay calm and push the necessary orders in and out while still enjoying work. Selling electronic equipment was a great learning experience.
I loved Sears!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 15, 2017
I wish this place never closed. We worked as a team, management treated you with respect and had no problems with giving a helping hand. Working at Sears you will develop the attitude if one fail we all fail and that pushes you to always be a team player.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Lots of room for advance. Everyone always willing to help. The daily work can definitely be a grind and takes the right person. Awesome benefits and managers.
Great Management
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2017
Management recognizes you for going above the call of duty, fast paced without being hectic. The only start emplloyees out at minimum wage which is not ideal but overall has been a great work experience.
Worked with great co-workers
Automotive Technician/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 14, 2017
Provided a good start in automotive technician services. Was one of my first jobs in the automotive industry and I really enjoyed it. Fast-paced environment, which I really liked.
Fast Pace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 14, 2017
Very fast, good environment, family friendly, great pay. They hours around the Holidays were a little hard, but they were a great company to be a part of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9