Sears Employee Reviews

Found 13,489 reviews matching the search
Long hours, no staff
Appliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 2, 2016
The company and upper management for the most part is horrible.. It seems to be a company in which if you know someone you get places, and if you don't everything that is wrong with the store is always your fault.

Staffing is never there due to payroll ALWAYS being cut (store manager get's bonuses for being under payroll each month)

Company ties your hands when the customer has an issue, you usually can't help them and must direct them to call an 800 number, because if you do help them, usually you get written up for doing it.
Pros
A Paycheck
Don't bother.
Associate (Current Employee) –  txDecember 2, 2016
Company profit minded only. District level management has a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.Support systems rarely any assistance. Ancient in store equipment and systems constantly breaking down.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 2, 2016
The typical day here consists of unappreciative management who dont care about your personal life when conflicts arise. the Co workers are amazing. the hardest part of the job is pushing people to open a credit card and knowing that it will get them in financial trouble. the most enjoyable part from being employed there was going home at the end of the night.
Pros
its a job
Cons
management, pay, customer service, never answer the phones, managers lie to customers all the time.
Great Opportunity
Sales Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2016
Great opportunity but you need capital behind you to last through the pay cycles. Mileage reimbursement is low in my opinion. Managers are awesome and will work with you in every aspect. I would still be there, but the territory was simply to large to be effective within there system. Windshield time is what I am referring to when running appointments.
Pros
Appointments Set, Decent Training, Reports at finger tips
Cons
Benefits are there but to high, Windshield time, Work Life balance is a struggle.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2016
Work days are long
You learn alot about appliance repairs
Management is ok
Co-worker are great
The hardest part is routing
The enjoyable is the people you meet
Wonderfull place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZDecember 2, 2016
Amazing managers and trainers, loved every second i was there. Co workers are very helpful, lots of down time but was very fun. Learned about stocking and better customer service
An amazing place to work with very nice people!
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHDecember 2, 2016
My co-workers were always so polite and if you had any questions about anything they would not hesitate to help. The management is great! You will love working at sears, just apply!
Depressing
Merchandising/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 2, 2016
Everyone is miserable and hates coming to work. The pay and benefits are terrible and the culture is just one of constant fear being instilled into the employees. No positive reinforcement when anyone does anything right and no pay increases for those who are reliable and work hard. They just give out negative feedback and all they care about is making the customers join the rewards program and sign up for store credit cards. I have worked there for a year and I work really hard and have never got a pay increase and because I am only part time I get no benefits whatsoever. Everyone there is stressed and unhappy and they have a terrible time keeping anyone because it is an awful place to work.
It's okay
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 1, 2016
They're always hiring due to high turnover rate. Work environment is okay if you can get along with people. Lower management has poor communication with staff. Work is simple but tedious.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
High turnover rate and low pay.
Fun work place
Sears Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 1, 2016
I didn't feel like my job was secure as it could have been. As a cashier, you have credit card application goals that have to be met, or you will loose your job.
Pros
Good breaks, custoners are good
Cons
Credit card goals
sears company is a good work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIDecember 1, 2016
Desired learning and training as a customer service rep. can be attained on the job. This job provides adequate training in retail customer service and retail work.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
work hours
Sr customer advocate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 1, 2016
Fun enthusiastic great friendly environment love the pay some managers were a little too above their job it was fast paced great overtime, and I loved my co-workers
Pros
Overtime always available
Cons
Very cold, short breaks
nice work place really learned alot
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2016
It was a nice job but at this point ready for a new career but its a great job for a starter.I would recommened this job to any one in need of a job great for career change.
it was part time job in sears
Work as MP in sears (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 1, 2016
my days starting with repairing of ratchet and after that build the Gas Grill and after that organizing the warehouse
in sears i learned how they stock merchandise and most of my coworkers were teaches me allot specially my manager
the most enjoyable part of my job was tasting TVs and repairing
Exciting always something new to learn
A&E SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2016
I maintain and repair appliances, keep track of inventory meet new people every day. My days are full and fast paced. I learned a different aspect of electronics with appliances.
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 1, 2016
It help in so many ways that you could never imgin. It's. Great job if you have a small family. It has a good inviorment an the people are friendly. An great to work with.
Great work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sears. I found value in my position by working hard and meeting internal goals. There is plenty of room to move around in the company.
Not productive, bad management.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 30, 2016
My time at sears was not a pleasant one. Bad management and team memebers made it hard to do almost anything while on the job.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Downhill battle for struggling company
Quality Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 30, 2016
Low morale for struggling company always understaffed. Retail environment with no advancement expectations. High cost benefits and never raises to be seen.
Sears
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 30, 2016
The hardest part about this job was keeping with all the clothes that needed to put out on a weekly basics. Most of the people that worked there were pretty easy to get along with.

2.9