Sears
10,452 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

Good
Technical Phone Advisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2015
Good company to work for. They promote teamwork and have team meeting weekly. Management is required to meet with you one on one once a week as well.
Easy-going pace and friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2015
I learned quite a bit from this job. It was my first job in retail, so I had to learn about salesmanship. I worked mostly independent, but the team is available for when I needed advice or assistance.
Great, fast paced work enviorment
Manager Jim (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Every credit app you got 4$ added to that 7.25$
Cons: Short breaks.
A typical at sears was very fun and productive, I learned how to do returns, exchanges, as well as learn how work in hardware.
The management were very helpful and encouraging and my co workers were very friendly.
Hardest part of the job was being understaffed.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having a full staff.
slow to moderate work
Truck Driver/ Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Hudson, NYAugust 3, 2015
I come in and start unloading the trucks, then take inventory of what is on the truck. Next I put away inventory, then load the truck with appliances that are being delivered. Make daily deliveries,and keep all receipts.
Was to long ago
Customer Service Department/Dispatch Office (Former Employee), Medford, ORAugust 3, 2015
How to handle multi line phones. Dispatch service techs. Clear service techs routes in computer.

Hardest part was doing the service techs routes.
Good and Bad days
Cashier (Former Employee), Watertown, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: hours depended on credt card sign up no cards no hours
Most of the days are fun and sometimes face paces. Checking out customers was really fun. Having to ask the customer so many questions would annoy them and if we didn't we could get in trouble so that was hard.
Productive and enjoyable work place liked the work
Stock and Assistant (Former Employee), New London, CTAugust 3, 2015
I learn how to socialize and have better speaking skill and interact with people. I learn how to restock and unstock item and move stuff around the floor.
It was a great place to grow and learn.
Store Manager - Southridge (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 3, 2015
I was with the company for many years and I did many different jobs within the company. When I left I left Sears I was a store manager and liked what I did. I like working with my teams, development of staff and store staff. I was a great company when I was with them.

The hardest part of my job was watching it change hands and changing business stragities.
N/A
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee), Mobile, AlAugust 3, 2015
Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Nothing to report.
Good Company with a long history
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Westfield Mall Escondido, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: great break periods, team oriented staff
Cons: erratic schedules
I enjoyed working with Sears, but when the seasonal hiring ended, I was released even though they told me I did a great job for them. It seems that they were selling me a lie, since they didn't re-hire me or call when a new position opened up. even after I showed interest in getting re-hired in the future.
Cashier (Former Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 3, 2015
Ive worked at sears for some time now & i must say its great place to work. Great management team & the customers are loyal!
Still under constrction which made it hard to meet company requirements
Cashier, Safety Team, IMS, and Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2015
We had to meet a requirement of 30 orders per hour. The warehouse is still under construction. Which made me learn how to adapt to picking orders in a large facility. I averaged a pick speed of 27 oph.
revelado de fotos
Revelado de foto, servicio al cliente, fotografía (Former Employee), Hato ReyAugust 2, 2015
Un super trabajo interesante donde se revelaban las fotos. Teniamos que ser confidenciales. Porque las personas confiaban sus momentos a el equipo que haciamos.
every day sears life
backroom associate (Current Employee), bradenton, flAugust 2, 2015
Pros: friendly work enviroment, flex work schedule, everyone has fair chances.
Cons: no company outtings, smaller store, low volume product
a typical day a work for me is working first hand with customers making sure their product get delivered to them in a timely manner. assisting other associates in different departments with their needs. what i learned on the job is how to assemble merchandise. mostly how to build ratchets and bbq grills. management at sears is fair. its no favorites when it comes to work. its an open door policy so you are able to talk to them about just about anything. very professional staff. My co-workers are the best. even though we are at work it does not feel like that alot of times. there is always laugher and fun. the hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy a customer before they leave out of the store. the most enjoyable part of the job is when i help a customer with their needs a customer thanks you for your help and really appreciates it.
One of the Worst Companies to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 2, 2015
retail politics and favoritism. bad managers that need to to be trained and train employees properly. coworkers were decent people but management cannot learn to adapt to new business culture
Greet and thank customers in professional and friendly manner
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Saint johnAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: No full time hours
The staffs and the managers are friendly and patient. I really enjoy working shifts and even talking to the customers. My schedule fits to my school. I'm contented with hours that they give me.
Satisfying Retail Position
Customer Service (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Fairly flexible schedule, decent management, great coworkers, incentives for credit card sign-ups, advancement encouraged
Cons: Low pay, credit card sign-ups sometimes feel pushy, long check-out process
Ringing transactions and returns while signing up new members. Encouraged customers and members to sign up for new Sears credit cards and use existing Sears credit cards on purchases. Management and co-workers are nice and helpful but very statistic-driven. Only challenging part of the job is signing up customers and members for Sears credit cards. Meeting new customers and members, giving savings from coupons/credit cards/etc, and providing the WOW experience! Decent company for entry level retail employees.
Not a bad place, if you don't mind boredom.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), DuBoisAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
It is not bad working with people who are generally nice. However you get treated like a child and management plays little games with schedules. Also, if you like weekends with friends and family, this is a bad place to work. I worked there for 2 years and for 2 years I have missed every event that falls on weekends; which is pretty much everything. Pay is not good for what all is required.
its cool place to work
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2015
sears is a cool place to work my coworker was very friendly. but the only thing is that they dont get alot of customers so you have alot of free time to do other work.
fine place to work
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), MichiganAugust 1, 2015
its a fine place to work, but didn't seem like they keep employees for long, and the employees don't seem to socialize at work much, which makes working there kindof boring. I worked in the jewelry department, and that was nice because its quiet, but i got commission, and selling jewelry is calm and enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more

Sears Salaries