Sears Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,928 reviews matching the search
Everybody hates it and can't wait to leave with the exception of the boot-lickers.
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
Walkers not walking. They help who they want, when they want and surf, eat and chat instead of helping anyone but their friends. Management does as little as possible and have to ask someone else if you all them something. Lunch breaks too short and training is a joke.
Pros
Free cereal once a month and hot chicks.
Cons
Lazy, bad attitude helpers with their sorry followers. High School style clicks.
Social media and accounting support: Developed and maintained social media pages for non-profit organization clients and assisted in the development o
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 22, 2016
Provided excellent customer service and performed various sales transactions for automotive supplies and services. Service performance was consistently rated as “outstanding” by customer evaluations.
Pros
Good work environment, Good management, Good hours and Good Pay.
Cons
Preferred to meet sales quatas.
Great Company!
Resource Management Coordinator (RMT) (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 23, 2016
My current position at Sears is as a workforce management coordinator, and this position has given me the experience needed to advance in any company. Dealing with managers, sales and service managers (SSM), general managers, as well as other sites, has really taught me professionalism and good work ethics. Conducting multiple reports throughout the day, as well as hosting conference calls on a daily basis has given me the confidence to advance as a manager in the future.
Pros
Great co-workers, experience, management
Cons
n/a
Terrible
Merchandise and Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 22, 2016
Management looks down on the employees. No advancement, no pay raise. Don't even bother asking for a few days off, even if it's a month in advance(they will ignore your request, so don't bother making any plans). Pressure to get credit card apps (doesn't matter if you're not a cashier, flies won't even come in). Management will bully you and treat you like a child (embarrass you). Don't bother HR with any issues because they will throw you under the bus there is no "confidential discussions" A lot of favoritism and gossip. Only good thing about the job was all the running around and losing weight.
Cons
before you apply, run the other way
soft lines lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 16, 2016
I worked there for a year. Working with a skeleton crew while the store manager sat in the office every day. Most of the time, there was only a store lead and 3 cashiers for the store. Day consisted of customer complaints, getting stock out, markdowns ad sets and giving breaks. Pay was low, work load was high.
Pros
here were none, discounts were 10% in hardlines, 20% in softlines
Cons
To get benefits, you paid highly. Also no vacation time until after you were there for a year, then you got .72 hours a week.
Sears Review
NJ Holdback Admin (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 23, 2016
Job Duties included outbound calls and email correspondance with sears management, contractors , city halls and customer in regards to previous installations to follow up with completing state required inspections on service provided from sears. i Learned better ways to keep organized with daily task and weekly follow ups, i enjoyed the responsibility of working independtly but hardest part is i enjoy working together as a team but each team member was in charge of different lines of business.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Backroom associate
associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 9, 2016
If I could give this place zero stars, or even convince someone looking into this job to not go into it, then I would have done some good.

Was brought on at minimum wage, was told that once I got 6 months training down, they would bump me up to what I wanted, 6 months later... they cut my hours to 12 a week, kept me at minimum wage, and where actively trying to replace me.

Don't work here, the people in charge don't care what you are able to do, they only care about getting the paychecks, if you make waves your out.
Pros
Had really cool co-workers who I actually trusted and respected.
Cons
Everything, and then some.
They don"t honor their contracts in a timely fashion, rude service workers most of the time, send repair guys to your home that does not speak you lan
Advisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 4, 2016
The intigrity, excellent customer service, and selling a quality product it not the Sears that it us to be. I do not recommend purchasing any contracts, products, or services from sears. Employment only if a matter of life and death. Do it at your own risk. Sears has the worst turn over rate of all times until it is a embrassment. Look how many stores have closed and are closing.
Pros
Only if a matter of life or death work there
Cons
Everthing you can imagine
Productive and fun to receive awards for hard work achieved
Retail Customer Care (Former Employee) –  7110 Westown Pkwy WDM, IAAugust 13, 2016
To take calls for Sears Retail Customer, Sales, Services, Refunds, and order corrections. Was enjoyable to assist the customer to give trust that they will be taken care of and will return to sears for all their shopping needs. Customer Satisfaction in Very Important. And making sure to take care of the customer with a smile in my voice no matter how angry the customer is. A make sure that when their finished with the experience they are calm and reassured that it will be taken care of, made follow up calls to make sure that the customer was properly assisted.
Pros
Incentives, free lunches and awards
Cons
no raise in four years
members of sears would get together and have fun events.
WAREHOUSE LEAD STOCKING PROCESSING (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2016
merchandise pickup is very business and we as a team get things done as a member of the warehouse t learned about stocking merchandise pulling orders shipping orders customer service . my co-workers was a great help to me they made my job less stressful and more enjoyable. there are times we would get heavy products with no room for them but as a team we made room.management was great because we as a team got things done.
Pros
management would treat us to lunch as a team.
Cons
sears has good benefits
An awesome workplace
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 17, 2016
My typical day at work i'm cashing out customers, straightening up fitting rooms, folding clothes, marketing clothes, handling returns. I have learned a lot at my job. Managers at my work environment are awesome people they are understanding and they always try to make sure that everything is set in order. My co-workers are very nice, they are strong at team work. My co-workers are awesome at their jobs. I don't have a hard situation at my job I make sure I handle everything to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of my job is being at work all together.
Long hours. If you want a personal life, rethink this position
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2016
The potential income is tremendous but at a cost. First, the training was inadequate. Second, the pricing you work with is not near as competitive as stated. Management thinks nothing of dominating your waking hours five days a week.

Two to three times per week, I was up before 7am to drive through heavy traffic for a morning meeting. My first month out of training, I was up early and three to four days a week getting home between 10:30pm and midnight. Exhausting. One cannot possibly be at their best to sell when so worn.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Driving, long hours, losing jobs ($) because of someone else's shortcomings
Fun people to work with, but management was horrible.
APPLIANCE SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 4, 2016
I made many great friends at Sears. However, management was terrible, and their was an infinite amount of training. As a salesman, you have to not only sell the product, but sell protection agreements, credit cards, and get people to sign up as a rewards member. Even when you are good at these things, management was always on your case. If you are very good, there is a good profit potential. You receive money for credit cards you have people apply for, as well as protection agreements, products you sell, and bonus opportunities.
Management just doesn't get it.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 7, 2016
The management at my store lack accountability. They do not apologize when they make a mistake nor do they value their employees. The manager has been with Sears for awhile, under a different capacity, so he has no idea, or so it seems, what my position entails. I enjoy working with my colleagues, but if you were to ask any employee, our biggest gripe is our management.

Also, we think our asst store manager has anger issues. He yells at us and the customers. No wonder Sears is going down the drain.

Finally, what I have learned is that I have the experience to be in a management position in a retail establishment, but I think after I leave Sears, I am done with retail.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Disrespectful management
Great Company to work for
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 9, 2016
Day started buy reviewing reports over Over Under charges at stores which I covered in search of any spikes or red flags. Held meetings with LPA's to assign them areas to patrol and attended store management meetings. Co-workers were mostly helpful with the exception of the dishonest ones which I would investigate and eventually terminate.Hardest part of the job was working most holidays and the most enjoyable part of the job was when inventory time came along and I was under 1 percent shrink.
Pros
Room for promotions, went from LPA to Manger in 1 year and 4 months
Cons
12 Hour shifts 6 days a week
I wonder Why?
Service Tech I (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2016
Sears Holding Corporation continues to seek out ways to undercompensate their employees. While they claim their culture is building and taking care of their members (customers) they also continue to under pay and find more innovative ways to under compensate those of us they expect to uphold their vision. in the auto center we never have parts supplies, day in and day out we have no choice but to use non OEM recommended parts, and oil viscosities in vehicles, just to name a few issues.
Horrible place to work
Backroom/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 9, 2016
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Low hours, minimum wage, horrible management, and a work load that is not only impossible to complete because of the low staffing environment and the unreasonable time restraints that management sets upon you but also deserves twice the amount of compensation that you receive considering how much work is expected of you. There is a reason most people quit working at Sears within a week to a month of being hired. Once they find another job they're gone.
Pros
discount on tools
Cons
minimum wage, unreasonable work load, low hours, no advancement or raises
Coworkers were like family.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2016
The hardest part about leaving my job, was leaving behind all my coworkers. Some of them which I have grown so close too. One of my coworkers who has been there 10+ years cried when I told her I was leaving. Sears was like my family, the family I never had. Another thing I loved was that you grew bonds with certain customers, and they would come back asking about you.
Pros
coworkers, positive environment, bonds with customers
Cons
short breaks, management
great atmosphere followed by great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAAugust 15, 2016
set and achieved personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
greeted customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner. Initiated service consultations by asking open ended questions to learn the customer’s preferences and needs.
consistently provided product knowledge
worked as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
built and maintained strong vendor relationships to maximize business results
performed daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, remerchandising, display, price markdowns,
merchandise transfers and light cleaning
I worked for over 25 years in management at Kmart and Sears Holdings. Long hours and heavy workload.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHAugust 15, 2016
I worked for over 25 years in Management
and had a

heavy workload

and long hours.
There were excellent people to work with.

Salaried manager so no days off when jobs to finish.

Holidays not optional usually had to work.

Worked weekends most of my life.

Customer Service experience training has been benificial to my life.

Cross training and lots of job skills from handling all parts of the
business.
Unloading trucks , running cash register, cleaning building and doing
paperwork.
Resets and counter maintenance.
Pros
Sears Holdings gave me a paycheck.
Cons
Sears Holdings is a failing company now.

2.9