Sears
7,653 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

Fun Place To Work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: employees are great
Cons: location
Flexible Hours , Okay Pay , and fun employees. I trained a lot in different things which I enjoyed.
Fast paced customer focused
LOSS PREVENTION DETECTIVE (Former Employee), Marion, INSeptember 20, 2014
Store closed, management was engaged and tried to maintain business. Community could no longer support store.
Customer Support
Store and Customer support (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: helping the customers
Cons: some of the other people.
Helping customers with every need that they might have including assembling their merchandise.

I learned how to be good at customer service.

Customer support lead would help me way that he could

All of my Co-workers worked very well together

The hardest part was the stress the customers might give us.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working – more... with the customers and my co-workers. – less
Productive and friendly environment to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Braintree,MASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: cook-outs, food at meetings
Cons: n/a
The people that I worked with were extremely friendly and loved working as a team when it came to getting things done. The customers were great and made working there fun and exciting.
good
Jewelry Associate (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: awards lunches
Good people Loved Selling jewelry great work environment great discounts.
sears
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2014
i really liked this job was very friendly i just had to move they worked with you if you didn't understand
Awesome
Photographer (Former Employee), hamptonSeptember 19, 2014
This was an awesome job, I enjoyed every minute of it. the communication was a little off between top level management and employees, but it was a great job none the less
productive and well cultured environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee), tucson, azSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks and lunch, always happy people
Fast paced call center, sales and customer service, management was on task at all times, co-workers never had side talk and where always on the phone assisting customers, hardest part was frustrated customers, the most enjoyable was being able to help our member fix their problems with their appliances
I enjoyed working for sears
Service Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: physically demanding job
My brief time at sears was very enjoyable. I was forced to leave my position due to personal reasons. I liked the people I worked with and for. The scheduling was a little iffy, but that happens in most part-time jobs.
positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYSeptember 19, 2014
met sales goal daily with outstanding customer service. interacted well with management and co-workers
I like my job
pricer specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: some times we get free pizza
Cons: n/a
A typical day at Sears, I always star we the deposit from previous date sales, file reports. Then I have to do prices on the merchandise, do reprints, and is they need me on the sales floor to help customer they call me. We have a very good communication we managers and sales team.
fun,fast pasted
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2014
very fun and fast pasted it was my very first job so i learned a lot how to run a register take payments and ring up customers.
Hard work but good employess to work to help
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: with workload days seem to go by fast. always something new to do from day to day
Cons: large work loads. plus had to be mod and manage20 associates
Assistant Manager Softlines Which included al departments of of clothing, responsible for all aspects, freight flow; markdowns; resets being done on timely basis. Always something to keep you busy no two days ever the same.
Great Oportunity
Pricing and Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 18, 2014
excellent team workers
excellent communication with manager
most enjoyable part when we met the goals
always learning in the set up of the store
productive
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tucker, GASeptember 18, 2014
first job to learn the basic of troubleshooting. a learning experience
Early Retirement
Retail Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Great place to work. Due to reorganization early retirement was accepted
Great people to work with and build life time friendships
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Montclair, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: earning trust from customers
Cons: benefits, insurance, 401k, slow business days
A day begins helping a customer who brought in their vehicle for automotive maintenance. Visual and work order inspection all around the vehicle from tires, leaks, dents, and everything in between. Presenting the customer a list of options and prices for their requirements and our suggestions. Updating customers on time, status and increase of pay (with – more... customers acknowledgement). Management and co-workers create a fun, friendly work environment/atmosphere.
Part time like any other job has no benefits, or health insurances, etc.
Technicians suggest more services for the customers whom we discuss in a professional matter. You have to know what you're selling to provide information to the customer (which isn't difficult if you know what you are doing) it's trying to get the customer to buy/improve their vehicle.
Weekly/Monthly goals are set for the associates, which at times is not difficult. The downfall comes when there is slow business days where you aren't making the company and yourself money (since associates also work on commission) which if you aren't being productive, it raises concerns to your job security and advancement for the company.
Myself, personally, I enjoy knowing that I did make a difference/improvement in the customers vehicle and for the customer. Leaving them with a smile and knowing, and trusting a place where the automotive business is a business where it's hard to trust the person behind the counter and under the hood.G – less
nice place to work but they are closing
Tech 3 Auto Tech. (Current Employee), Gadsden, ALSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: nice place to work and good people here also
Cons: shutting down sears automotive due to non profitable
Like Where I'm working . But the workplace has came to an end. They are closing where I work due to non-profitable sales.
I would rate this company with a 5 being a great company
sears parts customer care agent (Current Employee), mobile alSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: talking to different people around the world each day
II take incoming calls from customers who need parts or customer care. I learned how to take care of customers needs no matter what the situation is.
stressful workplace, no sense of managment structure and accountability
Operations,Softlines,Brand Central Manager (Former Employee), pleasanton,caSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: desent pay
Cons: company hires rejects as asm's, no structure or accountability, not enough pay for what they ask of you
I come in and start solving member issues basically around delivery and associate error then i go over numbers and competitive shop. over all emails and execute primary tasks and attendance. provided outstanding customer service while promoting sales,upper management where very open to who they liked and didn't like and excused some behaviors while – more... punished others. Ive learned that upper management doesn't engage or solve any issues at all they pretty much hide in their office and write people up they treat all lower management horrible. the hardest part of my job was doing everyone's but my own. lack of appreciation for hard work and going above your job duties. the most enjoyable part of the day was the customers and the last few good people of management that where left. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more