Sears Employee Reviews for Cashier

terrible place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2017
the hardest part of the job was when there is a long line and one of the customer speaks Spanish and you don't so you have to go find someone who does which slows everything down
Pros
Cons
bad break room
it was an okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 13, 2017
I would never work at sears again... it was very boring.. I barley got breaks.. the pay was way to low.. I was on my feet all day during my shift.. I wouldn't recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay
The management awful but its a funny place to work co-workers are very nice people
Cashier ( CAC ) (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PROctober 13, 2017
Poor hours and no opportunities to grow, they give little and ask for too much. Don't mess with the managers friends because you gonna suffer serious consequences
Pros
Co-workers Schedule flexibility
Cons
awful management
Kind of difficult place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 9, 2017
Not a place I'm willing to work again. Schedule too unstable and no stable work station. Benifits unclear and made to work on certain days with penalties if unable to work.
Sears
Cashier (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHOctober 9, 2017
The working conditions at Sears are not good. The temperature is hot, the store is dirty. You had to have fans running all the time to prevent from overheating;
Pros
The customers are awesome
Cons
Not enough people to do the job
Good place to work during school year
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYOctober 8, 2017
It is a good part time job for students trying to earn some extra money. Hours are flexible. They work around school schedules. Goals for opening new credit cards and enrolling customers in rewards programs was highly demanded.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILOctober 8, 2017
The typical work day included, folding clothes, pricing items, and applying customers for the sears credit card. Sears was very productive, quick paced, and very competitive.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
I had no benefits
I loved working here because...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZOctober 8, 2017
it was an amazing first job and I will always be grateful to them for offering me the chance to be apart of the company. If they weren't in dire straights to stay afloat I bet they would've treated their employees better when it came to the benefits and pay. But with the rising economy and the dwindling of old malls they are struggling in this world. I will miss them greatly.
Pros
Good breaks, understanding about health issues and family problems, very friendly and helpful
Cons
Having to sell credit cards.
productive and some nice people their and very competive
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 7, 2017
I was a cahier and I would have to put back clothes that people didn't want . I would have to restock the shelves and I also had to get people to apply for a credit card . I had a mandatory applications to fill out . I had to count out the drawer the beginning and in the end of our shift . I ended up leaving because I had a 14 fever and one of the managers made me clean before I left for the hospital . She told me that if I left I would get fired .
Pros
long lunches
Cons
poor management
I wouldn't work here
Hardlines Team Member/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIOctober 6, 2017
I was sexually harrast by a co-worker and my managers didn't do anything about it. I told my managers not to let me work with him but they did anyways.
Pros
Poor Management
Cons
Poor Management
Slow work days
Cashier/MCA (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 5, 2017
A typical work day at sears would be cashiering, folding clothes, zoning the store, providing customer service, ordering products for customers, and organizing the store accordingly.
emjoyable work place
Sears Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 5, 2017
working at sears i've learned a lot, the management was okay and my co-workers was very lovely. overall sears was a great place to work apart from the hours I enjoyed it
Good beginner Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 4, 2017
Good job for a beginner looking for some cashiering experience; however, if you have experience, it is not used. Not a lot of management involvement and lack of consistency.
Good Time
Cashier (part time) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2017
Was my first job cant really complain manager was great employees was bit far and had to deal with rude customers but it built character. I used it as a stepping stone definitely wouldn't mind doing as apart time job or soomething
Pros
bonus money in checks from credit cards that were sold
Cons
understaffed, choicy between who gets hours based on how many credit cards are sold
Productive workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739October 2, 2017
This is a great company. The deals, co-workers, and managers were really nice and we all worked as a team. Sometimes the day was slow and sometimes fast but most of all balanced. Sears just needs to change some of their policies and management. The hours you receive are based off of how many credits you sale.
Pros
Lunch was 45 minutes; Commission
Cons
Bad management
Terrible management and hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 1, 2017
a typical day involved going to work getting a area to work in and handling all of that area. This involved helping customers, restock, clean up, transactions and everything needed of you. i learned how to handle mean customers. the management was bad the manager of tools would say he is new to tools to customers as a excuse for almost any question and a person in tools was assigned as mattress lead over the lady in mattresses who had been there for 30+ years. hard part was our quotas we had a 1 out of 8 customers needed to apply and when in clothes and all they get is a 30% discount the first time it is hard
Pros
good first job. decent breaks
Cons
bad management and bad quotas
a day at sears is realxing but also overwhelming. you must all things that need to be done around the warehouse.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  shrewsbury maOctober 1, 2017
sears outlet is most of the time slow paced. the phone rings constant and I must always answer no matter what I am doing. if it gets too busy I have to go and help the sales associate.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Place where you can learn a lot about work and gain different skills that can help you in the future. Had good relationships with management.
Overall a fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 28, 2017
-A typical day at work would be somewhat slow but manageable.
-I hadn't really earned anything because I knew what was expected of me.
-The manager was a little irritating at times.
-The workplace was really relaxing and diverse.
-The hardest part about the job was obtaining credit apps for bonus pay.
-The most enjoyable part was the new customers I got to meet and the fact that it was in an actual mall.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Salary, Credit Apps
Fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 27, 2017
Nice management, peaceful place to work. Everything is done in a timely manner, once you are able to do the task given, there are no complications. The company also organizes free lunch for employees on special occasions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9