Sears Employee Reviews for Loss Prevention Manager

Sears
Loss Prevention Agent Part -Time (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 9, 2017
Worked as a Loss prevention Agent. Loved working with my co workers. It could get stressful at times especially around the holidays and inventory time.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay
decent part time job
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 14, 2017
Enjoyed my job duties and my department. Loss Prevention was/is so gratifying. Sears had a very poor Management system when I was there that caused me to cut my employment there short.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management and lack of priorities
Dont remember
Cashier - Loss prevention detective (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 6, 2017
I dont really remember much from this job, but from what i do remember is loving being a loss prevention detective at 19. I learned a thing or two from this job.
Will fire any one they didnt like without reason
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 4, 2017
The company is going under and will be closing soon. Don't waste your time with them. They really don't care about their employees at all. They will work you to death for little pay, and throw you to the dogs at any chance they see fit.
Pros
It was a paying job
Cons
To many to list.
fun place to work
Loss prevention associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 30, 2017
fun place to work started my LP experience here but no room for advancement and horrible pay. Not a good company to go to because looks like they may be shutting down soon.
Great teamwork environment
Loss Prevention Team Member (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2017
Responsibilities including: unlocking the Store and changing alarms 6 am and monitoring by camera and floor surveillance all points of access prior to and after opening. Frequent conversations with store customers and associates with different demeanors regarding Company, Store policies and Point Of Sale procedures. Daily safety walks to look for problem areas that could be of hazard to Store customers, associates and staff.(Risk Management) Writing and filing reports as needed as well as accomplishing any other task that might be asked of me.
Pros
Great Teamwork environment.
Cons
Starting at 4 and 5 AM in the morning and on a varied schedule
I liked it at first.
Loss Prevention Supervisor and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
I liked it at first, until they changed management. When this happened then it became a circus. Ok when I worked for Sears I got hired on making 13.80. Three months later I requested a transfer to s store closer to home and where there was more action. When I got to the new store the store manager didn't like my salary and was vocal about to the point that everyone in the store eventually knew how much I got paid. The animosity that I got was crazy, even though month after month I was number one in apprehensions and the only non manager to be certified to make fitting room stops. And I trained and certified everyone hired after me in my store and two others.
Pros
Alot of down time
Cons
Alot of down time
Understand Why Stores Are Closing
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJOctober 11, 2017
It's retail. No one is particularly happy to be there. Pay is low. Work is tedious. Sears/Kmart struggles to stand out in a shrinking sector. Only a matter of time before all big box stores close shop. Sears will surely be the first in that line.
Pros
Little stress
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, retail
Going down the toilet
Loss Prevention Lead Detective (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 29, 2017
I lucked up and had two amazing manager's that made the job and its terrible pay tolerable and at times enjoyable. This however is due to the people and not the company which can happen anywhere. I honestly can not say one good thing about the company itself and the poor leadership at the top that is making the whole things come crashing down.
Pros
Cons
everything
great company to work for
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Company is fair, and has great people to work for. My position was a temporary, seasonal position so I unfortunately was let go, however working at Sears was awesome.

Want to know more about Sears?

Ask a question
A good place to work the coworkers were good to work with.
Shipping and Receiving Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 20, 2017
Over my years of working for the company I met a lot of people that I enjoyed working with.help some really nice customers. I miss a lot of my coworkers.
Pros
They feed you for Christmas dinners.
Cons
Short lunches
An okay place to work but struggling
Territory Loss Prevention Manager- California (Former Employee) –  Nevada, CASeptember 8, 2017
I was hired as the Territory Loss Prevention Manager for a division called the Great Indoors. Unfortunately, three months into my tenure, they closed the only store in Vegas which required me to relocate. Unfortunately the entire division closed 6 months later.
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
Lack of clear strategy for the division
different place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYSeptember 8, 2017
great place to work if you like to shop. I learned how to work from an undercover LP associate and how to blend it. Greatly improved how i talk to people (ie) getting a shop lifter to come back into the store after we caught him/her.
Great place
Cashier & Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37412September 7, 2017
Great place to work with very cool and laid back managers and coworkers. Great place to where you can advance when the opportunity presents itself. Would highly recommend
Depending on the team you have, it's not a bad place
LOSS PREVENTION AGENT (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 29, 2017
With the proper team and management, this position can be exciting. Everyday is a new day and you never know what to expect. As long as you trust who you're working with and know that they have your back, it's a great place
Pros
job is fun, good team building
Cons
Absolutely awful management, low pay, poor training
productive and fun
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAAugust 27, 2017
Family oriented and very fun to be around. Polite employees who care about there customers. Safe and friendly environment. Glad to be a part of the Loss Prevention department.
Pros
Employment
Cons
poor camera system
Okay entry level job
Loss Prevention and Sales (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 16, 2017
It was not a hard job but they pushed a lot of the sales tropes on their employees. They want you to sell overpriced protection plans that didn't do anything. When they would confront you on low numbers and you'd ask a better way to sell it they wouldn't have any answers either. In my area the people I worked for and with were always very nice and understanding. I did actually have a lot of fun at the job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
low pay, low chance at advancement
I hated working here
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 16, 2017
The compensation was horrible. Even after working for them for 4 years, as a manager, I was only making $11.50/hour. I had a bachelors degree and still was making pennies! The company doesn't care about the employees.
Job not a Career
LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  HIAugust 15, 2017
This place is a job not a career. Not a good benefits package. They don't really take care of their own workers. But overall it was a great place to get experience.
Pros
great experience
Cons
Company doesn't really take care of its people
Stressful Cut Throat
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 14, 2017
Monitored footage from surveillance cameras, assessed and maintained store safety. Learned how to spot shop lifters. LP Manager created hostility between agents. Store management wasn't able to fix it. Work Place culture was was good. The hardest part of the job was the hostility between the agents. The most enjoyable part of the job was catching someone stealing merchandise.
Pros
Store Discounts
Cons
Stressful Working envioronment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9