Sears

10.7K reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

Sears is a place where you work in a team environment,
Fine Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2015
Pros: getting more money and the barbecues. meeting people
Cons: hearing how the customer was robbed of their personal items
Sears is a friendly place to work. We love to smile and help our customers with their everyday needs.Lots of ways to earn more money by signing up customers to apply for a credit card, accident free days earns us a barbecue!!! For me a typical day would to make announcements for whats on sale, to show items to customers and help them with their decisions on what to purchase. Our store manager is awesome! He makes us wants to reach higher on our goals. The worker do teamwork and when they finish their tasks they go help others. My personal enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world!!
It's was a great brand.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Our store was closed.
The typical day was helping customers make informed decisions.
More about appliances than I thought I would ever know.
Great store management, they did their best to try to rebuild their store.
For a commission sales team, competitive but helpful.
Not making the sale was the hardest part, but when I did make that sale it was great.
Fast Pace Enjoyment
Cashier (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Fast Pace
Cons: Management was hard to keep up with due to busyness
BUSY
I definitely learned customer service skills.
Management wasn't to evolved.
Loved working with others at this job.
Hardest part of this job was inventory.
What I enjoyed most was Meeting new people.
Decent Job that Could be Rewarding
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Management works well with schedule and Rewarding pay when done well
Cons: Customer traffic can be low at times, Lack of focus higher up the ladder
The position I had with Sears was commission-based, which was pretty much where the rewarding aspects of this job began and ended. Management was fine. They did a good job of working with the employees, many of which were students, but weren't necessarily the best motivators/teachers. Most of the co-workers were cool, no more jerks than you'd fine in any job setting. The biggest gripes I had with the company came from the lack of advancement opportunities, as it seemed as though most of the management was was well entrenched in their respective positions, and the job culture. Not that there were bad people, simply that motivations, incentives, best practices, and just overall focus of the company seemed to switch every couple of days. Being in the retail environment you come to expect your expectations to change fluidly but at some point I felt the company should at least stick to some fundamentals. In the end, I find that the job could be rewarding after you set aside all the things distracted from the be all end all. Sales Metrics.
N/A
Sales Associate (Shoe Department) (Former Employee), Kingston, MAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Stocking shelves, Customer Service, Unloading of Incoming shipment new and old. Setting up shoe display of sale items. Printing new tickets for new shoes, putting up sales tickets and clearance tickets as well. Pricing, size stickers as needed. Organizing of Clearance racks. Straightening out overstock items.
Learn about retail industry
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Sears is a good place to learn about the retail business, culture and bottom line. They are frequently hiring new employees and rarely hire full time employees. They have good lawn and garden section also appliances section.
very professional
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good envirement
Cons: sometimrs too busy
loved the job kept very busy and I enjoyed helping customers hardest part of job was learning all the price breaks of parts and labor management was great as was fellow emp
Technical Manager (Former Employee), Brook Park, OHAugust 30, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: management structure
The company was in turmoil, started to restructure, had to work and fell like it was a stable atmosphere.

I have nothing else to say.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2015
Coming In Cleaning my area , Making sure everything is where it Belongs. Help customers when needed . Dress the manikin if needed
work
sales agent (Current Employee), winter parkAugust 29, 2015
the company is very family like. the people and the management are very helpful.A BIG PLUS they work with your school schedule
sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2015
typical day at work nothing more about this job there is nothung more to say.
it was typical job when I was fresh out of highscholl
Potentially good money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Haven, CTAugust 29, 2015
If your a hard worker determined to make money then you will do great here but if your looking for a job to sit around this isn't it. In order to make commission you have to work or you will get paid minimum wage
great environment to work, and flexible
Appliance associate (Current Employee), Merced, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: technology
My years working for sears have been great. They gave me the tools and knowledge I need to solve and close sales, ability to use advanced technology and tools such as Member assist, Shop your way awards, Ipad in place of a register to reenact with the costumer easier, Recaps ect... Over all its a great integrative retail store.
sears
Service Rep (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: part time
good place to work, it was only part time and it was min wage, but overall a good company to work for. people were super friendly
been good to susport disabled workers
CSA sales (Former Employee), Brandon, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: sussport disable workers
Cons: pay is not real good
i have been with this company for over a year the hours have been good the only down side is it is commission sale and due to nat able to move to quick the sale are little lacking so the pay is not not real good.
productive day and creativity
Footwear associate & Jewelry sales consultative (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: comission
Cons: alone in your department
When we had to change the items from the clearance section and fit a wider array if jewelry in three boxes. I learn that even though there are various items there is a way to make it fit properly and look beautiful.
Work place was fun interacting, and busy.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), san antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: free snacks and chance to win prizes.
Cons: short breaks and night shift closed late.
I enjoyed working at Sears because new events would come up and they had great benefits. The pay was great and simply so easy to get the job done.
Schedule/ Reschedule customers for repair service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Managers were vere helpful
Cons: better communication with the techs
Manage a high volume inbound service calls.No 2 calls were alike listening to the customer needs making sure they were satisfied.
I had several managers I learned someting new from each one. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was having to explain to the customer why our tech was not able to make the service call.
a typical day at work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mountainside, NJAugust 28, 2015
a great company to work for , great employees, and great management. I supervised 25 employees and it was great. great environment
Experiance
Facilities Clerk (Current Employee), schaumburg, ilAugust 28, 2015
Pros: seeing all the new lines
Cons: long hours
Good stepping stone company to work for lots of advantages and perks the staff is amazing and the benefits are ok. I would get a family member or friend a job here for the experiance
Headquarters