Sears Employee Reviews

Found 16,543 reviews matching the search
Pay
Appliance sales person (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 20, 2017
The pay is the main complaint I have. You are paid commission so if you do not sell than you will not get paid.. If they have to pay you and you didnt sell than the company pays you minimum wage for your hours worked. But they will deduct any of the (draw pay) out of your next check. It was very hard getting used to the way they pay at Sears.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
pay rate and no advancement opportunities.
Clerical Associate
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 20, 2017
Perform specific inventory related processes and support related 4-walls activities. Investigate and process overages, shortages, damages, adjustments, related to production reports and other related reports and logs. Input data into DOS and other related DD channel systems.
Sears is an awful place to work.
Full time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 20, 2017
This sears location is a retail enviroment. this particular location has been closed for a few years. Management and constantly changing environments created an unstable work culture.
Pros
You learn a lot of useful life skills and tool uses.
Cons
Sears is one of the worst places to work.
enjoy working with co-workers
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL 60523July 20, 2017
a normal would include cleaning the floor making sure freight was put away and assisting customers. some management were good some not so good. I learned how to multi task and train new hires when needed, the most enjoyable part was helping customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
hours
Cons
sometimes not enough employees.
not worth it
FINE JEWELRY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 20, 2017
never saw a pay increase in 3 years. some managers ok, others terrible. little to no job advancement and inflexible scheduling. work far exceeds the pay
Flexible work schedule
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2017
Good part time job and flexible schedule. If you are working towards management, it can be rewarding but I would not look to it as a full time job unless it was temporary.
Great work environment
Receiving & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2017
Always room and encouragement for advancement, great associates. Always felt appreciated, and compensated when entitle to be. Pay was cvomprable for work load.
Pros
felt appreciated and needed
Cons
Got laid off
If you like retail and love working with the public, then this is the job.
VISUAL SPECIALIST/TRIMMER (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 20, 2017
This company had a hard and soft lines component which was great. So you could move laterally within the company. The variety of people working together to create a culturally diversified environment was nice.
Pros
several shifts
Cons
no health insurance for part-time, poor management
Quick Paced, Friendly Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 20, 2017
The job is very quick paced but all the co-workers are very friendly and make the job worth it. The hardest part of the job was sometimes being short staffed.
Pros
Pot lucks at work
Cons
No paid vacation
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 20, 2017
• Develop good customer relationships and promote overall store sales goals.
• Exceeded departmental/company sales goals for all quarters throughout tenure
• Increased department revenue by strong sales of Ancillary products
• Resolved customer complaints in a courteous and timely manner
Work Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 20, 2017
Worked hard everyday. Was trying to become something big in the company. Made sure to leave the day with a smile on my face and make sure everyone was happy with me.
Welcome!
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
It is a very strict work environment that doesn't pay you the correct amount for your work. It's a brown nosing job in order to advance. You'll barely see your management but rely on your working/talking employees. Management isn't the best and neither are the employees. I learned to continue filling out applications even if you have a job, dont stop here.
Pros
Hours
Typical School Kid Job
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 20, 2017
Although it's now closed, I enjoyed working at Sears. I think it was mostly because of the people I worked with and the flexibility of my schedule. I would never try to live off of a job there as my only source of income. Hours were short, even for managers. When managers aren't even allowed to have more than 36 hours of work a week, it's not a good sign. I was great for just a high school kid or a college student.
Pros
Employee discount, great co-workers
Cons
No benefits, very limited hours, terrible pay
uncomfortable and sneaky
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 20, 2017
Things were going on in the store all the way to management and the stock inventory was just a mess .Things come missing often.I quit soon as possible
Pros
lunch enviroment, education of stocking store and warehouse
Cons
pepole took credit for others work to supervisors
Great place to branch out and learn!
Seasonal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 20, 2017
I was able to switch locations when I wanted to move closer to a desirable college, and my associates were very open to shift coverage and eager to invite me to join a company softball team!
Fun job for a short amount of time.
Jewelry Lead (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 19, 2017
It was an OK place to work. You are expected to do a lot more than you are trained to do. I was forced into a management position with very limited training.
Pros
Money as a manager
Cons
Short breaks, Slow times, Limited Training
Great Place to work
MERCHANDISNG LEAD (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 19, 2017
Great People
Opportunity for advancement within the company
Sears is an American tradition and its great to be apart of that
wonderful management staff who were all great mentors of mine
Pros
Great Company
Average Experience
Project Manager/Lead Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 19, 2017
Good starting point for new / green engineers. Not much advancement potential for seasoned engineers. Good work life balance and bonus structure. Family owned, don't have to mess with corporate red tape.
retail at its finest
Merchandising Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 19, 2017
This was one of my first jobs in Santa Barbara. I worked downstairs in the men's department, later working in children's and then just being a floater. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, they always had something funny to say. The typical work day involved making sure the sales floor looked clean so a lot of cleaning. The customers were nice (usually Spanish speaking) and the fitting rooms were never a hassle to clean (unless it was the women's area haha).

This job helped me manage my school life with my job since i was working full time and going to school full time. It was stressful to say the least but I learned what to do and what not to do which helped me later in life when i transferred to university. The hardest part of the job was probably during the weekend sales and closer to Christmas. I started during Christmas time so that was an unexpected surprise but i quit the next summer since i wanted to focus full time on my classes but mainly because i didn't want to deal with that Christmas retail crowd at the time.

This business is going under unfortunately so I have no idea how long it will stay in your respective area. Take that with a grain of salt.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management (whats new)
Good
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2017
Trained newly hired sales staff on customer service, selling and merchandising skills
Conducted daily register audits, shortage meetings and ensuring outstanding customer service
Pros
Diversity of staff
Cons
Minimum wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9