Sears Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,232 reviews matching the search
Enough to get me through college.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 28, 2016
We had several management changes, some good, some unfavorable. Overall, they're extremely flexible, which is helpful for students. There is always opportunity for bonuses.
fun workplace
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2016
Management was pretty nice. My co- workers were a joy to be around and work with. I learned price change and stocking methods. A typical day was customer service, price change, and stocking sales floor.
Pros
co- workers, potlucks
Cons
management
na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
fast,busy,quick and long shifts dealing with someone who doesn't have a recite is the longest process. best part is seeing all the cute stuff and being able to see what others like.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 27, 2016
Sears was a private environment that operated at a slow pace so time went by extremely slow. However, I was able to learn a lot about home appliance with a wonderful staff. I was taught how to price match a variety of competitors to provide customers with the best price.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Small Business and Slow Pace
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2016
Sears works very well with your schedule and availability. My position is a full commission position, which can be nice, but at the same time, if customers are not coming into the store, then I am not making any money.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Full Commission
Friendly Staff, Willing to Always work around your schedule
Service Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAApril 27, 2016
Kmart has always been a good company to work for. Strong Values on Customer relations and always trying to improve for a better shopping experience.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Negative environment, top management always critical and negative
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 27, 2016
Always worked with a great group of associates. Company was always over burdening employees with unnecessary tasks and jobs, and less focused on customer care.
Competitive workplace
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
2-3 appointments daily. Lots of driving. Very competitive with fellow co-workers. Positive company meetings 2 times a week. Hardest part is that it is commission only.
Kmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIApril 27, 2016
not a lot of room for advancement, co workers amazing, management was okay but not really helpful. the company in as CEO seems to be helpful. store was damaged roof leaked when it rained, not only on customers but merchandise as well.
Good for a part time job.
Deliveryman, Assembler & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 26, 2016
Sears was a decent job in that it helped me gain work experience and pay for college. A typical day would have included assisting customers, heavy lifting, and delivery of large objects such as washers or dryers. I learned good customer service. Also, it made me realize that I wanted to work hard to earn a degree so I could enjoy my future career. The original manager I worker for was a fair and kind man. However, the new management has few relate-able qualities. Most of my co-workers were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was the physical toll. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
OK company
Loss prevention detective (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2016
Working in LP at sears is fun, I have Learned a lot in loss prevention, How to tell if someone is gonna shoplift, the 6 elements, alert signals.
Coworkers friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2016
Credit recruiting practices questionable. Tools and hardware typically was stocking and providing information and customer service to customers. Learned alot about tools and hardware.
Sears has always been a family name, and continues to be.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHApril 26, 2016
Sears has been and will continue, to follow the changes that is needed for the company to survive....

The Sears that I had worked at for 30 years, was a great company with opportunity to grow from within... throughout the years, the company has taught me a great deal, but most importantly that the customer always comes first.
Pros
Teamwork, Leadership
Friendly work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 26, 2016
I worked at Sears part time while in high school. This was my second job I had ever had, the people who worked there made the work environment very enjoyable.
Flexible Job Schedule for a University Student
Tools Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 25, 2016
It was a fun place to work at with a very flexible schedule for a University student. The work environment was friendly and nice.
Family away from home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Sears was flexible with my school schedule during the school year, and gave me good hours during the summer. I learned how to interact with costumers on a professional level, how to handle heated situations with confidence. Management was friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. My Co-workers were professional and experienced, especially loss prevention personnel who would look out for us whether it be waiting with a co-worker a night to make sure they were safe while waiting for their ride or helping defuse difficult situations such as a costumer getting out of hand. The hardest part of the Job was when there were difficult costumers we couldn't satisfy. The most enjoyable part was coming into work and being greeted by my co-workers, having a motivated and hardworking supervisor who was fair with scheduling and made sure we all got our breaks and lunches on time, defended us when we needed help and was there to assist us when we were shorthanded and busy. And that our managers were out on the floor with us and were present almost all the time, Even the store manager herself was very present they never acted like they were above us, in fact they often worked alongside us.
Pros
fair scheduling, friendly work environment, employee input accepted
Cons
having to sell credit cards
Easy job, fun coworkers
CONSULTATIVE SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 25, 2016
learned good sales techniques and time management. also gained a lot of product knowledge and industry knowledge that may be helpful later on
Cashier/clerk. Friendly and helpful staff
Cashier, stock, clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 25, 2016
I was a cashier/clerk. I would also help customers find what they needed as well as make suggestions to them about products. I would also answer the phone and direct the callers as to what they needed. When not busy, I would dust shelves mop the floors if they needed. I stocked merchandise also.
Pros
work friendly and helpfull staff
Easy and accommodating workplace
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 25, 2016
My time at Sears so far has been, for lack of a better word, doable. The work is fairly easy and my department manager is pretty fair in terms of distributing responsibilities and scheduling accommodations, however there's room for quite a few improvements in the upper management area.
Pros
easy scheduling
Cons
lack of breaks, benefits
Not so much exciting people to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 25, 2016
Working at sears was great. However while working there, the customers were great and loyal; but the managers and supervisors were not so enjoyable. They seem to be very private and sulky almost. I still enjoyed working there being that i interacted with a diverse amount of co-workers and customers.