Sears
10,390 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

Sears
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), AkronJuly 27, 2015
Part time positions on sales. Great company for starters. High school job. Commission work.All time in stand up position, no time ti relax.
sum
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2015
• Plans and organizes work assignments and sets priorities.
• Supervisors teams when manager or team lead is absent.
• Knowledge in all areas of operations such as: Oncology, Multiple Sclerosis, and copay assistance programs.
• Ability to assist and function as any other department within Patient Care Services.
• Ability to train others in policies and procedures of Patient Care Services.
Slow Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 27, 2015
The pace at Sears, even on busier days such as Friday and Saturday, is relatively slow, even when placed in the busier departments. There are also policies to have customers become members and sign up for credit cards, which I personally was uncomfortable implementing due to their pushy nature. There are quotas to be met which I felt were unrealistic, especially considering the volume of customers. Also, I never got a friendly working environment feel from my co-workers or managers. It felt like nobody wanted to be there ever. I definitely would not go back. I'm a minor and was also not given my breaks. I was told I was "entitled", but they were never a required part of my work day.
management
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Waterford, MIJuly 27, 2015
Pros: My team worked very well with each other.
Cons: company only cared about numbers
They did not care about their employees only the metrics. As many years as I have worked there I have seen Sears start to treat customers with no respect and always passed the buck. I would not recommend employment to anyone to work there.
Good benefits and hard working department. Enjoyed my employees, and they could always depend on me.
Hardlines Department Lead (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: worked every other weekend
Cons: disgruntled Sears associates, inexperienced leaders, huge turnovers
My day started by getting all the sales reports and data needed to do my stores reports. Checked the department for needs and cleanliness. Resets, price changes, remerchandising, markdowns and department standards. Management on the Sears side was to be desired. I had 6 managers in 12 years. Staffing and attendance was always a problem. My employees were great! They were respectful of my position and did what was required on a daily basis without direction. The hardest part of my job was to be in my area doing the things needing to be done when the Sears side of the store would want me to do projects for them. I was most of the time understaffed and my department needed my attention. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers.
Sears Holdings
Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Positive Freindly Crew
Cons: Not good pay, Overworked and Underpaid
Great positive atmosphere with great people! Everyone is considerate and respectful to one another. Con is you will have a very low pay and be overworked.
Productive and lots of fun
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Very busy
Cons: hot trucks
It ws a very busy environment and very busy.There was lots of work and always something to do.There was always a variety of products to unload from the trucks.It was always a two trucks a week
Great Opportunity
General Store Manager (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJuly 26, 2015
Fast paced. Great opportunity for advancement. Extensive customer engagement and problem solving.
The company allows you to take care of the customer and resolve any issues.
Frequently plan and execute local events to enhance sales.
Very metric, results driven environment.
Friendly workplace, but unorganized
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, not too complicated of a job.
Cons: Unsteady hours and low pay
A typical day at work includes watching CCTV monitors for potential shoplifters and internal cases, checking back stocks for quality merchandise control, and maintaining the safety of the store. All the staff is friendly, but at times can be unorganized. The worst part of the job is the pay.
Fun place to work at.
Cashier/Merchandising (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 26, 2015
Great place to work at and friendly environment. Management is good with keeping up with the store and keeping their customers happy.
Started off as a fun and productive place to work but the management is not right
customer service (Former Employee), Gonzales LouisianaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers
Cons: management, no raises, no stability
Loved my coworkers
Management was and still is not good
Not something I would do long term
Not appreciative
Always short handed
Can't keep employees because of the way they're treated or talked to
Even managers walk out and quit
I would not choose this place to work
Good Starter
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Lorain, OHJuly 26, 2015
Great starter job, but retail has its draw backs. Low pay and benefits were outrageously priced. Overall a good place to work but the separation between higher corporate officials and employees is very disheartening. Not even a nod or how are you from "higher ups"
good commission rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee), houston texasJuly 25, 2015
Pros: good commission rates
Cons: bad management
the only thing good about this company is that the commission rate was good, but the management was very misleading. the company is going down the drain, so they will hire you in a heartbeat and also would get rid of you in a blink of an aye
Relaxing and easy technical support
customer service representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Easy and relaxing, Good customer service, lots of options. I never felt like I didnt have everything i needed to help the customer. Fantastic pay.
Positive and huge support environment.
Sales Lead, Supervisor (Current Employee), PRJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
A typical day at work consist in hard work and always finding new things to do. You are never without something to work with. Always learning new things such as employee conducts, and ways to get more productivity from my team. We always receive positive feedbacks from our managers and always have their support, working in a pleasant atmosphere. The hardest part of my job I would say it would be working with employees because all of them have different conducts, attitudes and personalities. Learning from them and making sure they are working comfortably and positively. But the most enjoyable part would be receiving their positive comments and seeing that they are working in an effective way.
could be better
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2015
too many changes happening at once, and its a good job for someone that is starting to work for the first time. Nothing to stick with long term.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IAJuly 24, 2015
I helped customers check out with their merchandise and worked to persuade them into acquiring Sears credit cards, the pressure for which proved immense.
Excellent place to work
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Melvindale, MIJuly 24, 2015
Pros: everything in professional status
Cons: nothing
Very Productive learned allot, Management, crew and atmosphere very conducive to getting tasks and goals done in a team manner.
incentives , always recognize for a good job done.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and incentives.
Sears is a family company when we have a great day we get rewarded. The competition was great because everyone was recognized for good work.
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cheltenham, PAJuly 24, 2015
• Photograph families while promoting and selling Sears merchandise.
• Tracked cash transactions and monthly inventory
• Conducted monthly meetings with employees to address concerns affecting daily operations
• Received “Highest Sells” award for outstanding yearly sells.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more

Sears Salaries