Sears Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,258 reviews matching the search
Ups and Downs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
Work place provides you with tools to make your own decisions and work at a steady pace. While my coworkers have become some of my close friends, we still keep our professional life in compliance with company moral and standards. We are consistently updated and guided on changes and allowed time to reflect and/or question what is needed. The environment is well maintained.
Pros
contest, relaxed dress code
Cons
costly healthcare, does not match 401K contributions, no raise incentive
Great team but extremely disorganized company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Very little structure, no calendar or organization. Business strategies and models are constantly changed based on new management, Great team.
The environment is very depressing to me.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 3, 2016
Sears, honestly is one of the places I would say needs balance and too strict. Breaks are too short, and no sitting areas. Everybody complains about everything which is not good.
Pros
30 minute meal when you work over 6 hours.
Cons
No balance, too strict over certain issues.
Office Environment
Mechanical Technician II - Support (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 3, 2016
Most enjoyable part of working at Sears is the people I've worked with.

Hardest part is knowing what management wants. No communication. And when there is some communication all managers have different views or instructions.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Healthcare
Enjoyable and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 2, 2016
Working at Sears was a great experience. The employers were nice and fun to be around. It was a great environment to be in. I learned how to run a register and to interact more with people I didn't know. Their was never really a hard part to this job, besides having to get customers to sign up for a credit card.
Great Co-workers
Asset Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 2, 2016
Sears canoga park gave me a handful of lifelong friends, it was extremely unfortunate that the location was closed down.
Friendly and efficient
Associate (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARMay 2, 2016
While working there I learned that the employees and employer were friendly and helpful to their clients. Employer was concerned about her employees as well as her clients. When a customer wasn't pleased with an item they bought then we took care to make sure they were happy when they left.
Pros
availability to be off when needed
Cons
no healthcare
Problems with sears
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2016
Sears is a major company in which I feel still has standards that need to be addressed. The staff wasn't very professional, and the manner in which they do business is minimally unethical.
Pros
Work enviorment
Cons
The managers
Hard sales
Electronics Salesman (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 2, 2016
Didn't matter how high your sales numbers were, they push hard for more. Also there were not a lot of customers to generate these sales.
sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 2, 2016
This company is hard to advance in, the problem is that they don't care about the employees anymore and it is more you feel like you are being set up for something.
Does not pay that well
Fitness Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 1, 2016
I worked at Sears for over 3 year. The highest paid non management position is Home Appliances sales. Other than that it is a great first sales job
Pros
good sales experience
Cons
low wages
Great Management
Merchandising/ Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMay 1, 2016
The staff and management at Sears Hilo are very understanding and when I was unable to make it to work due to family emergencies, they were very understanding and caring to the issue.
fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 1, 2016
Everybody was nice and friendly. I always enjoyed going to work. There has been alot of turn over, but it can only get better.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
the pay
Co-Workers and Customers Make the Job
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 1, 2016
As with many work places, good people to share the work with gets the job done well. Scheduling is challenging, as it changes week to week. Solving the problems of customers is the best part of the job which includes listening carefully, analyzing the problem, knowing our products and services and providing a solution.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Scheduling
Would apply again
Asset and Profit Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 30, 2016
It was great and fast paced. I love the fact that it is a weekly pay vs. biweekly. It can be draining due to the many activities that need to be done within the few hours of working.
Fun and Caring atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSApril 30, 2016
This company gave me more insight in working with tools and modern day yard equipment. It was an interesting position that offered much learning and advancement; however the company stated that they were sad to inform a lowering of hours and would not be able to provide the hours that I would need.
Out of touch...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 30, 2016
The Company as a whole is out of touch with employees on the lowest rung of the corporate ladder. It is identified by the upper management not listening to the needs and demands of the associates.
Cons
out dated
Challenging and rewarding
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 29, 2016
You will become a better person physically and mentally. Not for everyone. Check job placements before entering.
You make it what you want.
Fun at times, but stressful
Merchandiser Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2016
Not an enjoyable job, ignorant general management who had a steady potty mouth, even in front of customers at times. The worst experience of a job in my life.
Pros
The Paycheck
Lot of change
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 29, 2016
I learned a lot about managing a business from top to bottom. You will need to be a jack of all trade because you are asked to perform all kinds of business functions.
Pros
Great people
Benefits