Sears Employee Reviews

Found 15,093 reviews matching the search
love working thee
PABA Agent (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 28, 2017
awesome place to work, family oriented, good benefits, great managers, great work environment good feed back training time frame coworkers willing to jump in and help at any time
going out of business
Lead Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 28, 2017
bad place to be, going out of business, do not care about the business or employees, no sense of need to continue, no help for marketing, sales are falling off the edge daily
Working at sears
Assistant Auto Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 28, 2017
At the end I was an Auto Center Assistant Manager, I would help sale and do daily office paper work, help make schedules, and with the work load out in the garage.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 28, 2017
Daily duties w Sears was taken inbound calls from members regarding concerns with their contracts for service, parts and repairs. Filed complaints, and finding a resolution for our member. 99% of our calls were members who were irate and required immediate attention.

I enjoyed my position (s) with Sears. I had worked in several different departments.

Sales
Retention / Cancellations
Data Entry

The office closed on February 24, 2017.
Pros
Pay was good. Sears would offer incentives to make additional income.
Not enough work to pay my bills
Back Room (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAApril 27, 2017
I always hated this job because I always did the same thing every Tues/Thurs. Never any changes schedule never changed hours never changed lunch hours never changed
Cons
To slow on the inventory
Good practice for customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CAApril 27, 2017
Is a good company to work if you really love dealing with the customers, the customers expectations of an outlet are higher than an outlet can provide; therefore, must love customer service to the max.
its attached to a mall
Express Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2017
hourly pay plus bonus per job if your a tech 2 or above. mostly did oil changes and tires. fluid services and brakes mostly done by tech 2s and up. tire day was most annoying as we had to unload the truck and stock the tires.
Pros
a clean and organized shop
Cons
pay and hours
To many strict corporate rules
Sales in Tools (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 27, 2017
Everyone worked on a strict point system including managers which was uncomfortable as we were always being told about something we did wrong or something we needed to improve. Never any thank yous or an occasional pat on the back even for very knowledgeable employees. I was a seasonal employee for Christmas. We were given a training program on a computer and then put on the floor with the assistance of a long term employee so there was a lot of merchandise to learn about in a short time.coworker My manager did as good a job as the corporate rules would allow. Another manager we had when ours had a day off was sarcastic and unreasonably demanding.. Moral was somewhat low and some of the employees were very competitive because of the commission pay.
Pros
Everyone tried to do their best
Cons
Always under the watchful corporate eye
Bad Business Plan
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 27, 2017
Company has been systematically going out of business for years, milking assets and preparing to go under. The business plan is not a business plan at all.
Pay stinks-too much work for the pay
Office Assistant/HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union Gap, WAApril 27, 2017
My job let me be behind the scenes, which I liked, little supervision, but it's the same job everyday, which becomes stagnant at times. Not all managers are consistent with their dealings with employees, which shows favoritism. They don't use the annual review scale properly.
Pros
Food parties sometimes, contests to win prizes
Cons
Managers not consistent in attendance violations, pay is terrible, hours are terrible
Great place to work while raising my family.
Secretary to Executive (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 27, 2017
In the ever changing retail world, SHC is a challenging place to work lately. In my 18+ years with the company I have seen a lot of change and learned to adjust to the changes. Management has always seemed to be open and honest and strive to maintain an enthusiastic work environment. The hardest part is truly understanding the future of the company. In the end, it's the people that work here that make this a great place to work.
Pros
Fitness Center
Benefits
Very stressful place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILApril 27, 2017
This just was similar to telemarketing sales. Many of the customers would become irate because they already refused the protection agreements in the store.
Pros
There were none
Cons
The hours
able to communicate with different cultures
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2017
The work place culture was ever changing, no two days were ever a like. I tucked away a lot of life experiences everyday in assisting customers. I received a lot of love and showed a lot of love.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
no parking spaces
work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 27, 2017
good first part time good for a high school student, college student, or other
good discount on purchases
good experience for someone looking for a first job
Pros
discount on purchase
Cons
not a full time job ideal place
It is a job
Pricing Lead (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 27, 2017
Working for kmart is all work and not much play. There is a lot expected and always under staffed. The associates are nice to work with. Benefits are ok.
Pros
10percent discount
Cons
short lunch
No Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 27, 2017
In 2 years working there I accumulated 3 vacations days, and when you asked to get the days off they denied it. You start accumulate after 1 year working and is base on your hours worked.

NO COFFEE, NO RAISE, Medical Insurance can't have it because is EXPENSIVE, NO 401K benefits, NO SICK DAYS, JUST 35 HOURS A WEEK.

Example: 15 new employees in training, around 10 or more of them resign after couple months working there.

Management do not know how to be organized and prioritized, they made a lot of changes and do not let the employees know. Move the personal from one floor to another, from one place to another, etc., etc., etc.

The hold time for the customer it takes more than 30 minutes and do not contract more people. And when they contract employees the majority resign.

FOR THIS COMPANY THE EMPLOYEES ARE NOT VALUABLE.

COFFEE, CLOSE REST ROOM, REFRIGERATORS, PRIVATE BREAK ROOM AND OTHERS BENEFITS JUST FOR THE MANAGERS, CSR'S AND GENERAL MANAGERS.
Uuuuummm none
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
Nice to shop and work here. Great discounts, had benefits, low pay but promising. I do miss working for sears. If I can't make it in the medical field then I will go back to Sears.
A dying dinosaur
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 27, 2017
Poor sales, made it hard to make money to live. Poor management and training made it hard to do your job at times. Co-workers were mostly nice and friendly to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No advancement
Awesome fun job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCApril 26, 2017
A Great place to work a fun atmosphere and great management just no room to grow. I loved my job taking picture's and also with sales and loved traveling..
Pros
Cons
They closed down
Misleading in alot of ways
Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2017
Liked the people I worked with, management is scattered brain at best. No real goals, all about add-on to sales, needless waste of time and money. No one can make a decision, no help when needed.
No wonder Sears is going under. They have an opportunity to make some serious money and customer gains, but management doesn't see the potential. Forget about bonus, takes a year to get it...kind of misleading.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, benefits, if you do well, they want more, no recognition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9