Sears Employee Reviews

Found 16,203 reviews matching the search
Credit Card Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 27, 2017
This was a great place to work. Worked alongside great fellow employees and management staff. I was able to help customer's with their credit needs.
Pros
Store Discounts
Cons
Only part time
Sears
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 26, 2017
A typical day at work would involve doing cash transactions and making sales. I learned how to save customers money. Management was nice.The hardest part of the job was convincing customers to get credit. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers get deals and save money on their purchases.
Pros
Helping customers save money
Cons
N/a
Great starter job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJune 26, 2017
Great place to start off for being 16-18. It is retail though, one of the hardest most stressful jobs in the industry. Management can get to you, you have to keep your numbers up. Just provide good customer service and you'll have no problem succeeding there
Job Based on Credit Card Applications
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
If you are a cashier, watch out! You will get the boot if you don't receive enough credit card applications. The job itself is enjoyable if you enjoy customer service.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
credit card application based employment
stressful
Customer Service Adviser and other Technicians (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 26, 2017
lower level guys in shop did extra and depended more on lower level beginning of 2016 job got a little more interesting after offering incentive made it a little more worth all the hard work
Not so fun work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 26, 2017
With all of the layoffs and reductions, it is not a fun place to work. We are all doing the work of 4-5 people
Leadership lasts less than 2 years.
Hiring freeze means work gets shuffled around.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too few workers
Work is as good as the people there
Hardline Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAJune 26, 2017
Working here was early morning shifts usually by yourself, which I found great. Management was alright, and I've made some life long friends from working there.
Cut throat , cheating..
Appliance Sales (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 26, 2017
Appliance Sales sucks here, because they steal your customers, and your not there to stop it from happening. Long days with no sales sometimes, it really does suck.
A great working environment with nice people.
Fraud Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 26, 2017
This is a fraud investigation center with a fast pace. There is little expected to know the policies and procedures that relate to your job. The people are great and the overall experience positive.down time and you are s
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of stress
Good sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 26, 2017
Management is one of the worst i've ever encountered with.
4 out of 5 MOD's don't know what they are doing and they want to give you write ups for anything and nothing at the same time.
Pros
good sales sometimes
Cons
no breaks and horrible management
Miss the people I worked with
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 26, 2017
I am glad I worked in the position/department that I did. I would not have wanted to work in any other department with the way the management was, the tasks, and the politics. My department was amazing though!
Was great for the first year
Sales Clerk in Shoe Department (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 26, 2017
At starting in November 2015 was great to work for. Know June 2017 it is basically failing rapidly. workers are good. management is ok. we are not busy. merchandise we receive is in good shape. overall I still work there.
Pros
good environment
Cons
store is failing rapidly
Challenging company -
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 26, 2017
typical sales job meet company sales goals and has several metrics your to meet
greet customesr - meet there needs to match client to product.
Ring sales and create leads follow up on current sales.
Constant tagging of merchandise and keeping sales floor neat
Not The Best Place To Work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 26, 2017
I do not wish to disclose too many details about this position considering I really don't like it here at all anymore. It's a shame this great retailer fell so far.
My favorite job.
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAJune 26, 2017
The job required troubleshooting and repair of lawn and garden equipment such as lawn mowers and chainsaws. This was a noisy and messy job, but I got satisfaction from repairing someone's equipment.
Okay place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clovis CAJune 26, 2017
Like every job in retail there are good days and bad days. On some days people are really nice and on other days they can be a bit cold. Same with management, if you get credit card applications they love you but if you don't the see you as less than those who do get them.
Pros
Only place that gave me a chance
Cons
Short breaks, bad hours
Worst Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2017
I hated working for this company. There were no room to grow here at all unless you were bestfriends with someone in management. The pay was horrible and they constantly nagged you about promoting their credit cards and getting people to purchase protection plans on everything. If you didn't then your job would be threatened. Never Work There!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management has favoritism
Good position, until the company's problems grew.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 26, 2017
I learned a great deal about handling customer calls and dealing with trouble from the Team Leaders. I perfected the ability to handle calls and to deal with upset customers. The base pay was only fair, but bonuses for setting appointments that sold products helped a great deal, at least in the first two years.
I don't need to talk about the problems that Sears has had, except that the closing of stores has damaged the trust the public has in the company name, and that includes home improvements. Selling appointments became scarce. Customers expressed increasing doubts about our ability to do the job. Management has tried to put the best possible face on the situation, as I and my other agents did with the customers, but doubt and concern affects everyone working there.
My team leaders have all been supportive and helped me do better every step of the way. But again, in the last year, they have been pulled into more and more "management huddles" that cuts down their actual time assisting the call agents.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with problem customers, whom we were supposed to escalate to our team leaders. Too often, there were no team leaders or other supervisors available, and we had to sink or swim on our own.
The most enjoyable part of the job was giving customers a satisfactory experience on the phone. When they were happy and excited to do our project, I felt gratified. And many times, when a customer had an existing problem, I forwarded their information to the regional home improvement offices, so they could address the problem. I don't know how many
  more... other agents did that, but I did it regularly.  less
Pros
Comforting environment, supportive team leaders.
Cons
Restrictive time restraints, couldn't take vacation time, fewer full time shifts available.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 26, 2017
I worked in the brand central / electronics section of the store. We sold vacuum cleaners, televisions, and other electronics. It was a great opportunity to read up on the different devices we had for sale and assist the customer in finding the right product to meet their needs.
I would rather be homeless than work here again.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 25, 2017
Management is a mess they will only pay minimum wage and expect you to make any raises yourself via commissions or credit card sales. you will never sell a credit card without lying to customers face.
Pros
Literally nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9