Sears Employee Reviews

Found 16,203 reviews matching the search
Fasted pace work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2017
Sears was a fun workplace with lots of giveaways and raffles on a daily basis , it was very professional and the environment was fast paced and there are televisions in every room of the building .
I enjoyed working at all three stores.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 25, 2017
I made transfer sales for treadmills and storage buildings. I sold lawnmowers, tractors, hardware, clothing, and housewares. I trained employees. I distributed rain checks to customers. I set up sales merchandise on racks, tables, and walls. I made price changes on clearance merchandise. I assisted with inventory. I stocked merchandise. I opened and closed register. I carried money to the Hub area of store. I collected payments for store credit cards from customers.
Pros
I enjoyed assisting customers.
Cons
I enjoyed working in the public.
great managment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 25, 2017
Hard to make any money when the slowest store in the district is moved to full commision. mangment is always help full but cant make customers go to the store.
Pros
decent discount
Cons
slow hours
Sears is the worst company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJune 25, 2017
I worked for the company in Hawaii. The management is the bad thing, They do not invest in there employees.
The culture was good and employees are great.

I left the company because I moved and left Hawaii.
Pros
Working in Hawaii Sears was great because the weather was great daily!
Cons
THey do not invest in the proper training for the employees
management largely unavailable, confusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2017
slow workplace due to mall shutting down, sales were minimal so salary was low. to advance you had to leave the store and go to another one, frustrating.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
slow
Blatant Disregard for it's employees.
Consultative Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 25, 2017
I have worked for Sears for 10 years. When I first started the job, sales were frequent, the money was good, and I had managers and co-workers that I got along well with. As time went on, the company as a whole continued to get worse and worse. Upper management, people whom I've never met, would continue to take away more and more commissions, and continued to demand more and more from it's employees. Mandatory meetings for those who did not meet their quotes continued to develop, yet education of the job as a whole did not increase. Eventually, my department was dismantled in an effort to save money. As new managers came in to replace old ones, it became obvious that the general care for it's employees left with the benefits they once provided. Considering the financial situation of the company as a whole, I would not recommend working for this company in any position at this time.
Cons
Low compensation, high demands with little disregard to it's employees
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2017
This was a very simple job. I worked here when I was 16 for about two months. You have to go through a spiel with each customer (are you a part of the rewards program? Would you like to be? Would you like to donate to such and such charity? Do you have a Sears card? Would you like one? No!? There are so many benefits!) and the customers get mad FAST. We had to push the credit card at least two more times after the customer said no. Your hours depended on how many credit card sign ups you got.
Pros
Discount on store items
Cons
Angry customers at almost all times, weird hours
Great Company!
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2017
Great staff, good leadership, awesome culture! Management always goes out of their way to help and coach associates to reach goals and overcome obstacles.
A company in transformation struggle
Sr. Financial Admin Logistics DC (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 25, 2017
A company that is struggling and too many top heavy executives that are over compensated, the largest drain of cashflow. The cuts over the years has put the DC in peril and no investment in new technology that now is too late to recover in the competitive environment of the online retailer.
Pros
At home worker after close of distribution ctr - great flexibility
Cons
too many dist ctr for one person financially to handle
fun place to work for
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJune 25, 2017
The only bad thing about the company was it starts out seasonal so you need to prove yourself. there are many chances for improvement when it comes to advancement. the only rough part was during christmas and the big sales.
Pros
many areas you can have a chance to work in
Cons
there was really no cans except for the big sale days near christmas
Never Again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 25, 2017
Bad place to work in. Always pushing for credit card sales which are not in your control if the customers just simply decide not to apply to the card.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
The pay compared to the load of work
Nice place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 24, 2017
Sears is a good environment to work. I was able to work with co- workers, customers, and the manger. I recommend this company for others to work.It was quiet and clean environment.
Pros
Respectful and Clean
Cons
Low payment.
Very competative environment with shrinking staff
MCA (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAJune 24, 2017
This store stinks of desperation. Unprofessional management that only gives enough hours to make a living, to very distasteful supervisors so they will keep her secrets from when she was an employee and new manager, unless you can sell credit. Then just that one person who can get the most credit consistently, gets more hours. We do not even bother to remember anyone's name anymore until they have been here for a substantial amount of time because the turnover is ridiculous and a huge waste of money, just like shop your way. I never buy anything here anymore unless its on clearance for less than a dollar, because you never know if it is going to fall apart. Our electronics associate informed me that the t.v. we raffled off for credit apps didn't even work and that the employee wasted money on batteries and a remote for it and basically had to beg our manager to take it back so the associate didn't have to PAY to get rid of the junk they supposedly "won". Apparrently that also happenned to another employee as well, according to the electronics guy. It was an employee who has worked practicaly every position in the store for like 20 years or something crazy like that.I already have another job now and it makes me realize even more, how stressful it was to keep up with the dramatic changes that have happened these last few months. There is no way I could compete at selling credit, as I was never trained to do that. Its just sad.
Pros
Nothing i can think of. Huge waste of my time
Cons
Waste of nearly 3 years of my life.
Good Company
Lead / manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 24, 2017
Good company but they are downsizing many stores.
· Sales Lead
· Developed a high performance team by assisting in scheduling
· Merchandise Supervisor & Pricing Associate
· Training and coaching on products
· Merchandise presentation skills
Pros
training
Cons
downsizing
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work. it taught me many lessons about people and money management.I recommend this job to anyone who is looking to work in a retail environment.
Sears
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 24, 2017
Very great job. Pricing and merchandising was fairly easy to do. I was able to multi-task working on the cash register and setting-up deigns on the floor for the merchandise while store was not busy.
It was a decent job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXJune 24, 2017
Busy work day I was pregnant during this job, they really didn't care and still had me do hard labor. Not really flexible with hours. Would ask for a specific day off in advance time and still had me work. Other then that it was decent.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Hours
Sears workplace
Operations (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 24, 2017
I made the decision to go and work in management with Sears and it was the worse thing I have ever done. I highly recommend never to work there. Horrible. No respect.
Good starter sales position or entry level management
Division Manager and Commission Sales (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 24, 2017
Worked here long ago, at the time it was a great place to earn money during my 20s. It's been over a decade since employed with sears, at the time it paid the bills
Pros
Great starter position entry level management or sales
Cons
Retail, starter income
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJune 23, 2017
typical retail job.. wages very depending on department.. built great relationships with co-workers and a few managers.. hours aren't the greatest but manageable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9