Sears Employee Reviews

Found 16,203 reviews matching the search
sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 23, 2017
Prepared merchandise for sales floor
Answered questions regarding the store and its merchandise
Maintained records related to sales.
Helped customers with questions, problems and complaints in person and via telephone.
Greeted customers and ascertained customers' needs.
Developed positive customer relationships through friendly greetings and excellent service.
Great work culture filled with wonderful people
Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2017
I love everything about working at SHC except for the fact that company has not been doing well in past few years. Although the management is leaving no stone unturned to turn the company around, during current market dynamics and evolving retail industry, the company is not able to produce desired results, affecting the morale of its employees.
Pros
Amazing work culture
Cons
Ever changing senior leadership
Sears
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 23, 2017
Sears was a great part time job. The only hard part about it was each cashier is given a goal at the beginning of their shifts. As a cashier you have to encourage customers to sign up for the Sears Credit Card, me personally I am not very persuasive. So my struggle was reaching that credit goal. Other then that Sears was a friendly environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 23, 2017
Its not a good place to work. I met one or two friendly people that's about it the business is very slow at the sears I worked at. I only worked one or two days a week.
a fun place to work
PARTS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
A typical day at work started at 4 am every other week with cycle count. Then part parts where they went and helping out in the office with customer service. I learned a lot about appliances and lawn mowers, how to do cycle count. Management was great and the workplace culture was also great. I cant think of anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was just coming to work
Pros
a great place to work
workplace
MCA-CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 23, 2017
Worked at this location for a short amount of time but I encountered with great people, learned a lot along the way and also enjoyed my time as an employee.
Call Center
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 23, 2017
I liked the job. It was very strict with your time.
The breaks etc are reported on the computer .
The site has a cafeteria. Machines as well.
I had personal problems and tried to stay but left due to
the pressures of micromanaged to sale Sears products to each and
every customer.
Pros
Training, Team, Cafeteria, and Managers
Cons
Micromanaged, mandatory overtime
Very positive and creative place to work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 23, 2017
This job is where I decided that I love photography. I would take and edit the pictures and show them to the customers. I'm a very creative person and here is where I could be the most creative.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not permanent
i would Not recomend this company to anyone!!
Lands' End Lead (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 23, 2017
The morale in the store is very low, and the management team lacks any type of appreciation for their employees, No raises were given in 8 years and yet your job description only increased.
Pros
Hours were ideal, but I was not told I was a seasonal hire and let go with no notice. I was just not put on the schedule and then told.
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 23, 2017
I would print and sort sale signs. Walk around the floor and make sure they were updated with proper dates and times. Display the sales that were for bonus times.
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
Not advised that it was a seasonal position
Very fast paced and enjoyable place to work
Softlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2017
My day usually starts with the opening procedures and planning out the tasks for my associates to keep them task driven. I learned that you cant wait for someone to show you how to do something. If you have inquiries about how to get a job done don't be afraid to demand help. My superiors were very helpful in my development as a leader. the thing I enjoyed the most about my job was helping customers find what they need and ensuring they would later return in the future.
Great place to work fun environment always plenty of work to get done
Lawn and Garden Manager\Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 22, 2017
Sears is a great place to work for individuals in transition high school students and others just looking to earn extra money based on their commission paid salaries. I learned a lot about the store products and services and they kept me up to date on policies and procedures. Meetings were held twice a month and they did everything they could to make sure that the employees were happy and healthy
Pros
Lots of on-the-job training and a very well placed breakroom
Cons
Management wasn't always successful at conveying their thoughts
very helpful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 22, 2017
they consider employees needs with there needs which is very rare.Though pay is very minimal its stress free work environment .
They need to reconsider benefits more and raise in pay
Very mismanaged company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I have learned a lot working at Sears. Sears never paid correct wages to their associates. Sears also didn't match any money for 401K for their associates.
Pros
There was nothing good happening at Sears
Cons
Very mis managed company
loss prevention
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJune 22, 2017
The work was composed of security in the store, observe and go save everything that means security. Be aware that the goods are in place with their tickets, among other things.
job
Manager - Soft line (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 22, 2017
I had a good time working at Sears but the pay could of been better for the amount of time hours and not having anytime with my family to spend with them I feel that pay should of been better for them.
great work environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 22, 2017
Dollar Tree is a task oriented job that allows one to enhance their skills and abilities in customer service, store organization, team building, and task management.
Relaxed & fun workplace
Installation Sales Rep- Contractor Service Group (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 22, 2017
Answering questions about installation & products,selling & scheduling installations -learned about working a call center
Management was always helpful & supportive
Very comfortable workplace environment
Sometimes difficult to resolve some installation scheduling
Customer satisfaction with the company & my assistance
Hired on as temporary position with a permanent position for those with with excellent sales performance
Pros
discounts at Sears & KMart stores
Cons
Even though I had excellent sales performance, no positions were available, they out sourced the whole dept. to another state
Productive enviroment and wonderful employees to work with, but lack of proper equipment to function properly as a store.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 22, 2017
There isn't much of a drive to motivate you to work there. Equipment barely worked properly, products remained stagnant and didn't evolve to fit the newer generation of customers, fixtures broke on occasion, not enough staff members on during selected shift hours, no repercussions against employees unless they committed a heinous act, customers would trash the floors and fitting rooms and was difficult to maintain proper etiquette of a two floor building with minimal assistance and abysmal pay that didn't garner the drive to press onward. Excuses were made constantly just to keep the building afloat but the mindset was only short term, and not long term in regards to how the store could improve. Other than that, the workers were all pleasant despite the overbearing environment and made working there tolerable. We worked as a team or one unit, and got many tasks completed until the end of the store's lifetime.
Pros
Strong sense of Freedom, great workers
Cons
Everything else
I love the poeple working there.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  500 W Warner ave Santa Ana, Ca.June 22, 2017
I did not like when Sears went with kmart lot of people lost their jobs, and I was one them that got lay off. I do not shop at Sears and kmart. I would never go to the places.
Pros
I love working at sears it was a great job. I enjoy with other people.
Cons
I love taking breaks, and i like when they had partys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9