Sears Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,927 reviews matching the search
Sears Outlet sells Refurbished goods.
Warehouse Organizer and Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 15, 2016
While some members of the staff are kind and helpful; some make many mistakes and often are rude to customers, which I despise
Pros
Decent Co-worker, treats and snacks for free.
Cons
At the same time, rude Co-workers, Boss isnt able to understand when time needs to be taken off or hours rescheduled.
Fun place to work.
Jewelry Lead (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 15, 2016
I have worked in Loss Prevention, Electronics, Appliances and now the Jewelry Lead. I have had the opportunity to advance with this company and have been promoted to Jewelry Lead since Feb 2016.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Unstable company
negative enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 15, 2016
focus always is on the negative on what you did bad on the good things are over lookr=ed most of the time and people are not treated equally everyone is mad all the time i feel
Exists in the technological stone age
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
Sears fails to advance both technologically and in the business of 'taking care of their employees'. The benefits are horrendous and the pay does not equal the work done. Sears far well below industry standard on salaries paid. Sears could be great again if they got rid of the CEO, took better care of their employees, and put money in the restructuring and redesign of the stores left.
great atmosphere followed by great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAAugust 15, 2016
set and achieved personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
greeted customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner. Initiated service consultations by asking open ended questions to learn the customer’s preferences and needs.
consistently provided product knowledge
worked as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
built and maintained strong vendor relationships to maximize business results
performed daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, remerchandising, display, price markdowns,
merchandise transfers and light cleaning
Fun place at time. Just alot of changes very unorganize
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 15, 2016
They are not organized.Management I wouldnt approve. There is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many changes in the work enviroment. I like a steady work place. I can see changes every now and then but every week. They dont think about workers who have a family.
could be better, not a very productive job culture
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2016
The cashiers work very hard at making sure our members find what they need and providing a quick and courteous check-out. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with unprofessional management--the best part is checking out members happy with your service.
Pros
engaging with members and customers
Cons
unprofessional management, low pay and unsteady scheduling
No Difficulties
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 14, 2016
My time spent working under Sears taught me a lot. It taught me a lot about patience, discipline, and organization. Definitely learned a thing or two to carry with me into life.
Pros
A percentage off certain items in store
Cons
Not enough hands on deck
Fun Place to work
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 14, 2016
I learned how to do many different things. Customer assistance and resolving problems, as well as Shipping and Receiving, Return to Vendor, and many other things that go along with being a manager as well as customer service.
Avoid like the plague
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  One ChicagoAugust 13, 2016
I would strongly advise anyone who has the ability to think for themselves to avoid this sinking ship. Upper management has no concern for their employees work life balance
Good workplace, job doesn't always feel secure
Softlines Associate (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at work (if i work mornings) starts with signing out cash bags for my department, counting registers and making sure the PM crew counted them properly last night, attending the meeting (called a member rally), and basic cashier duties (purchasing, returns/exchanges, processing Sears credit card payments, signing up members for a Sears card or a Sears MasterCard, and the shop your way loyalty program.)

Most days I am the only associate in my department (I work in men's almost every day) so other duties include fitting room maintenance, straightening, answering phones, and answering questions about merchandise in my department for customers. I also will place special orders for items using the in store computer when a member requests it, for reasons such as the desired size is out of stock in the store.

On days I am an MCA (Merchandise and Customer Assistant) I will do maintenance of fitting rooms, straightening, sizing, and cashiering as needed (when a cashier calls for backup). I also do signing duties, stocking, fill floor, and markdowns.

I've learned many retail aspects that are needed for employment at a store, including how to make a customer happy.

Management is a bit of a mixed bag. They are very kind when you get a large amount of credit apps. The credit apps are very important to job security, which is unfortunate. All managers at my store are very helpful and patient though.

Coworkers are generally kind and willing to help if needed.

The hardest part of the job is being asked on a daily basis by members if our location is closing.
  more... It makes me feel like I need to search for another job.

The nicest part of the job is making a customer happy and making them want to come back.

Pay is minimum wage, which is not comparable with other retail jobs, but there is a comission on credit card applications (anywhere between $2-$5 depending on the month) and online orders (only 2% but it adds up).

It is almost impossible to get coverage for my lunch or my break when I need it. Most of the time I do not get my break even though they claim that I am required to take it. I do tend to get coverage for my lunch when needed.
Pros
Generous associate discounts, great coworkers
Cons
Job security is questioned often, don't usually get breaks
Productive and fun to receive awards for hard work achieved
Retail Customer Care (Former Employee) –  7110 Westown Pkwy WDM, IAAugust 13, 2016
To take calls for Sears Retail Customer, Sales, Services, Refunds, and order corrections. Was enjoyable to assist the customer to give trust that they will be taken care of and will return to sears for all their shopping needs. Customer Satisfaction in Very Important. And making sure to take care of the customer with a smile in my voice no matter how angry the customer is. A make sure that when their finished with the experience they are calm and reassured that it will be taken care of, made follow up calls to make sure that the customer was properly assisted.
Pros
Incentives, free lunches and awards
Cons
no raise in four years
Coworkers were like family.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2016
The hardest part about leaving my job, was leaving behind all my coworkers. Some of them which I have grown so close too. One of my coworkers who has been there 10+ years cried when I told her I was leaving. Sears was like my family, the family I never had. Another thing I loved was that you grew bonds with certain customers, and they would come back asking about you.
Pros
coworkers, positive environment, bonds with customers
Cons
short breaks, management
lifestyle
Owner (Current Employee) –  Broxton, GAAugust 12, 2016
It was a wonderful work experience. The staff was very nice and always willing to work with you. You had time off and a paid vacation. You usually waited until a call came in then you would perform the necessary repairs
Sears
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati ohAugust 12, 2016
Sears is a struggling company who cant seem to find their way back. Daily policies are changing, removed and there doesn't seem to be any direction within the company
Good place to work with job security
Automotive Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 11, 2016
Not much to say here. Good place to work with some chance for advancement. Not much in the way of commission.
Steady paycheck, consistent days off every week.
Here's the bads, Working holidays, longggg work hours (on salary), upper management is very little help
Pros
Steady paycheck, consistent days off every week.
Struggling company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 11, 2016
Would be a great company with the right management no pay raises you start at minimum wage and that's it no good training turn over rate very high
Was a fun 2nd job
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 11, 2016
Picked the job up for extra holiday cash. I ended up staying on for a longer period of time. All in all the time there was workable. The most difficult part about the job was was dealing with the irate customer who purchased merchandise online and wanted to blame you as the in store sales person.
The sum-up of Sears
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 11, 2016
A typical day is consistent of selling items to the customers, selling credit cards, restocking the shelves of missing merchandise, cleaning the department, and meeting quotas for the month. I've learned how to constantly meet quotas that companies need, how to make sure that customers get what they want, and how to keep professionalism and integrity during high energy parts of the day such as Black Friday. The management wasn't the best to work around. They often went missing when customers were demanding to see them or to speak to them. That doesn't go for all of the managers who worked there. My co-workers were hard workers. Any question that they had, they relied on me to answer them and they learned quickly. The hardest part of my job has to be taking the role of the managers without having their authority to override certain things that need their approval. The most enjoyable part of the job is having customers who don't know anything about a certain item and being able to teach them about that said item.
Pros
flexible(ish) work hours
Cons
not always able to take breaks, comission cuts
Glad I'm out
District Manager - Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 11, 2016
Horrible culture. Little actual respect for the associates. Lots of lip service but nothing in reality. High turnover, terrible compensation system. For sales, salary and bonus based on performance, but the performance goals are for the most part terribly out of whack with reality. Hourly associate variable pay NOT aligned with sales, so big disconnect.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Everything else

2.9