Sears
8,398 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

productive customer first workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 11, 2014
id come in and give great customer service while selling the company credit card quite well i may add using the suggestive selling approach
Very Creative process
Visual Stylist (VMS) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2014
I would come in and asset the floor. Make sure that the tables and frontline were up to part so when customers come in they would see it clean. Then i would pick a department that has been low on sale and figured out a way to in-hance the profit by providing compelling displays and switching the floor around. Then i would train the new hires on how – more... to maintain the floor and on the national presentation standards. – less
Old school company who relies on word of mouth
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2014
typical day at work would be traveling through the city cleaning residential properties. I learned how to maintain expensive purchases for your home. Management has tons of experience in this field. Co workers all have vast knowledge of products. Dealing with customers is hardest part of job.
Slow and steady
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oakland, MDDecember 11, 2014
Slow day. You learn warehouse management and running forklift. Management is good and co-workers are pleasant. Hardest part of the job is helping customers. Best part of the job is also helping customers.
unreliable
cashier (Former Employee), WyomingDecember 11, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks unreliable
Always cutting hours. Schedule changes without notice. Favortism with management. People in positions they can not handle. Not a recommended company to work for
Productive and great place to start in retail
Backroom Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 11, 2014
Great place to start if your just getting into retail.

The customers and work enviroment are great.
Dollar General was a good place for advancement if you have the right mind set.
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working there and dealing with the daily faithful customers. They really made to job itself enjoyable. The work was not hard and was very easy to forget the time so the time spent working was always a breeze.
Dollar General was a good place for advancement if you have the right mind set.
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 11, 2014
Productive and fun workplace
Optictian (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: only part-time, store closed
I loved my job working as an optician, I enjoyed helping patients select their new eyewear.
I learned different techniques on how to sell eyewear and teach patients on how to care and wear their contacts.
Sales consultant- Appliances (Current Employee), MapplewoodDecember 10, 2014
Good place to build sales experience. They train you about sales processes and how to build rapport with customers. Most days we get leads from various places, such as online, walk in, and phone leads.
Good pay
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: short breaks
Technical support. Would try to help people having issues with their appliances to fix them over the phone. If not possible then we would send a technician out.
Very Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good employees.
Cons: nothing.
On a typical day at work I'm mostly handling the cash registers while assisting customers whenever they need help deciding what to buy. I also helped customers load heavy appliances and furniture to their vehicle. It was a great environment to work at.
Great Experience
Marketing/Sales (Former Employee), Thornton, CODecember 10, 2014
I loved working at Sears. When I first started with Sears, I was doing in store marketing for the Home Improvement department. After a short while I was promoted to on floor sales in the Vacuum department.

i was treated with respect and was appreciated for my work.
nice place
stocker (Former Employee), Hinesville, GADecember 9, 2014
everyone worked great together no drama customers was very pleased with every ones work
productive, fast paced, and fun environment
Automotive Technician level 3 (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great learning environment, fun place to work
Cons: poor heating, plumbing, leaking roofs on electrical sockets and health hazards, no management, limited advancement
a typical day at work for me at sears is usually a pretty steady to fast paced work environment. We service cars from batteries to brakes and fluid exchanges, alignments and suspension part replacement and a multitude of other things. We have seasonal changes in our workload. The summers tend to be a lot busier than the winter months, when it's busy – more... its non-stop, and when it's slow it's dead. I began working at Sears as a tech level 1. I advanced to a tech level 3 within a 3 year time frame. Throughout which I've learned a great deal. The team that i work with is a very colorful,supportive, fun, unique, and diverse bunch.My mentors were always knowledgeable and welcoming. We all are like a family and manage to keep each other going. Being around them on a daily basis is actually the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part of the job would probably be trying to keep things running the proper way without management. We have been working for the past few years with only having a manager for up to a few months at a time before they resigned. – less
It has a lot of potential
Electronic Salesman & Holiday Advisor (Former Employee), NY,NYDecember 9, 2014
Sears is a fun to work atmosphere. If the company can keep the management talent pool in check it would do a lot better. The co-workers are very relaxed and fun to be with. However, due to management mishaps, talent is not properly secured within the company.
Some great people to work with
Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 9, 2014
Can find some great managers here.
Managers don't always stick around long though.
sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
a typical day required me working the register and ringing customers up. i learned many techniques in all aspects,management was okay, not its best.co workers were okay, some were friendly. hardest part was being the only cashier in the cash wrap. and the most enjoyable part when the store closed up.
High School like work place with daily drama
stac tech (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice place to eat lunch and not that far from where i lived
Cons: to much drama brought into the work place and high school atmosphere
The Sears call center Paid well and had fair job security, but it had the atmosphere of a high school. Most of the time you concentrate on work, but a lot of the time you would be dealing with a high school kind of environment. This was some of the time with but most of the time with other departments. Then they would drag their home problems into work – more... and not just to talk about. Other then the high school type environment it was a nice place to work and most of the people would be friendly if their not involved in some sort of drama. My departments management however kept most of this out of our work area, Most of the people were good at their jobs and the management would work with you if you had a real problem. I learned primarily how to work on appliance's and how to deal with rude customers. The most enjoyable parts of the job were lunch and the end of the day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with really rude customers and the day to day drama that was brought to work. – less
about my day
layaway lead / frontend supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes pizza parties
Cons: sometimes no breaks
My shift sometimes started at 8 am i would have to come in get reports of layaways done the night before and process out the contracts that where not paid on and return items to the sales floor ,my layaway customers most of the time where great and i knew most by name ,My management was good sometimes when they stuck to the policies,co-workers i got – more... along with most some thiught they new more then others so they thought they where better then you my most enjoyable part of my job was just helping the customers – less

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more