Sears
9,636 reviews

Sears United States Employee Reviews

Loved being in customer service; disliked the drama
CaC Lead and Fine Jewelry coordinator (Former Employee), Heath, OHApril 24, 2015
Angela Decker runs the store as if it is High School and fuels drama. I loved being in customer service and I was very good at what I did, but the associates are full of drama.
Never good enough
Service Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 24, 2015
Typical day at work best described as a mess. I learned a lot of patience and that management was only there to tell you your not good enough. I also learned a lot about dealing with all sorts of people and expectations when you enter a customers home.
Good part-time job, sales, ran cash registry
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 24, 2015
Pros: sale floor, good customers
Cons: High rate of turn over
Enjoyed the customers, good co-worker, the company had very flexable schudule, train on running cash registry and sales. Quartley meeting.
Unorganized and Uncooperative company
Central Aisle Cashier Lead (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 24, 2015
Employees are constantly being drilled by management over things that they cannot control. The company has too high of standards for the economic times we are currently facing.
Knowledgeable Enviornment
Consultive Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 24, 2015
A typical work day at Sears included a customer coming in who was interested in some appliances. The first thing to do would be to greet the customer and find out his or her needs. Once you find out his or her need then you can match them to the appliance that would best serve the customer. There were also days that you had to take a customer and show them where things were located in other departments in the store.
Hard work with little pay
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 24, 2015
If you like working hard but get paid nothing compared to other places , then this place is for you. Sears is not going in the right direction.
Good job to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Ventura, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: 45 min lunches
Cons: not enough hours
During the week was always slow but can always keep yourself busy doing other things like cleaning. Cashiers were treated well have nothing bad to say.
Productive Fun Place to work
Consultative Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 23, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no insurance available for part time employees
clock in and work my schedule and do my best to sale the products
i learned that sales isn't easy but can be worth it
management is awesome they do everything to help us
co workers are a good group we help each other
hardest Part of job is selling the protection agreements and getting credit
the atmosphere is enjoyable
Fun and easy workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee), Danbury, CTApril 23, 2015
Sears happens to be a great company to work for. They push you to turn customers into members and also push you really hard for credit card applications in which you get $2 or $4 commission on.
horrible place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 23, 2015
if you like commission base salary then this is the place for you. i not a commission person. and the CEO was jerk. i would not recommend this job to anyone.
nice job.
Merchandising (Former Employee), cambridgeApril 23, 2015
i also like this job very much because i like to organize items
i like to do pricing ,help customer.
they have very nice co workers they help a lot.
the harder part was leaving this job not because i wanted to but because i had to fix my social.
fun workplace
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: short lunches
answer phone calls all day. I learned how to improve my ways of making sales. very fun co-workers. the hardest part of then job was was getting angry customers on the phone and not being able to give them what they want.
productive
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: short break
texas service life ins co what i learned was to do alot of math the most enjoyable part of the job is helping our customers to the highest ability we can.
Plus & minus
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sears Grand in ThorntonApril 23, 2015
Pros: every 2 hour - 15 minut break
Cons: no support for carreer advancement
The day start as all other retail places great customers and help their needs. Most exciting part in retail is all day, everyday meet different type clientele.Learning myself in process while helping customers. Loved coworkers. Make me happy moments are helping somebody get words from them how they gratefull.
Great team effort and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2015
I enjoy the flexible hours, interacting with customers and staff. Great Management team. I've learned a lot about sales. The hardest part is the down time because I like to stay busy.
could use work
Stocker (Former Employee), Canton, OHApril 23, 2015
no available hours, management stresses easily and takes it out on employees, and employees are unhappy with work environment.

I enjoyed working in the appliance area and unloading trucks. got to show them how to straighten the backroom for more efficient inventory counts
flexible schedule
footwear associate (Current Employee), Memphis TennesseeApril 22, 2015
Pros: paid training
Cons: not enough hours per week.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help our members in anyway I can. A typical wok day at Sears includes stocking and relocating shoes based on display directions an full-filling online order as needed. My co-workers are very reliable and helpful. The management is professional and precise. The hardest part of my job would have to be the bending up and down while do weekly DV scans. Since working at sears I have learn the importance of working together as a team to get the job done.
Nothing but retail
Management Training Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: fexibility
The internship is a great opportunity for aspiring college students to immerse themselves in a stable retail environment. The opportunities to learn and advance are enormous but cutbacks over the time since the position concluded make that much more difficult now than previously. Management was knowledgeable, inviting and supportive. The schedule is wholly inflexible as most workers there are full time.
Productive employer
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no benefits
a typical day at work is cash handling and customer service
I learned how to deal with irate customers.
management was fair
the coworker was fair
the most enjoyable part of the job was serving all customers and being recognized for great customer service
Great place for a first job
Executive Case Management Specialist (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: flexable schedules
Cons: no room for growth
There is not much room for growth however this is a great place to work as a first job to gain experience. A few of the top departments have dissolved and many people were demoted.

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more

Sears Salaries