Sears Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,554 reviews matching the search
hate it there!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 4, 2016
honestly betters places then there! not worth the pay no raises managers are awful there first job yes but no carer there honestly!
Pros
learning the basic
Cons
not worth the pay
Fun workplace
Merchandise and Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 15, 2015
Working at sears was a kind of a slow paced job. I learned how to do price changing, and learned how to work a point-of-sale system. Management was okay they really didn't interact with employees, but co-workers were great with training for new hires. The hardest part was during the holiday season but it was also very fun when everything was complete.
Pros
Long breaks, food court
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
No Job Advancement or job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 22, 2016
There was little chance for job advancement, and there was not job security at all. The rent was raised in the Mall and they just closed their doors.
Pros
10% employee discount.
Cons
Poor staffing hours and bad attitudes.
Leader of Retail
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2016
When I worked for Sears in the 1990's they had a very good upper management team that specialized in product lines. Sears had a good benefits package for hourly employees. It was a good experience.
good starter job
Sales team member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2016
this is not a bad job, they just have a poor compensation program. offer benefits as well as advancement in different depts around the store
Learned alot and moved to different departments
Centralized Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMarch 1, 2016
Enjoyed what I did. Gave me the opportunity to do several different jobs within the building but was sad to see them let the office of 75 go to have others do what we did.
Pros
Oppertunity to grow
Cons
Health Benifits were costly
fun place to work
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJanuary 30, 2016
great place to work, the managers are nice and always help you out when you need it. the people who work there as well are friendly and help out all the time.
Pros
The pot luck holiday parties are good and with good food too
Cons
never give raises to employees
Not like it used to be.
Customer Service Associate / Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEOctober 1, 2015
When I first started working for Sears after my first year of college it was an amazing company with a lot of programs and benefits for employees, regular raises based off performance and room to grow with their own training programs.
My more recent experience was one where pay was frozen for years (no raises for anyone, period.) none of the extra programs and almost all of the benefits were gone. My manager at the time was very sympathetic of these issues and always did his best to do what he could to make things smooth for everyone. The flow of customers had dwindled over the years I was there, which hurts when you make your pay off commissions.
Good first job
Commissioned Sales Associate/Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 24, 2016
This would make someone a good first job. Not a lot of room for growth within the company. Health benefits that are offered are not very great.
Family environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Sears is a good place to work but they don't give raises unless you manage to get a Lead position. Great family environment and generally awesome people to work with.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
No healthcare unless you're full time.
Fast paced work life with plenty of compensation
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 4, 2016
The job was always changing with each new piece of equipment to work on. Company vehicle with partd makes the job quite easy but the schedule can vary greatly from 7 in the morn to late as 10 at night.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
long hours job vary
It's a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2015
Sears is a dying company teetering on the brink of closure. Having already announced the closure of 128 stores in the country with more to follow, the CEO of Sears Holdings Corporation is desperately trying to turn a profit, something that hasn't happened in nearly 15 years. Like most Sears stores across the country management changes hands often, pay is low, raises are non-existent, hours are minimal, and employees spend more time dealing with disgruntled customers than providing a positively memorable customer experience.
Negative
Merchandiser and Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 1, 2015
I just quit this place after two years two days ago. I'm not saying all Sears stores are bad but the one I worked for was terrible. They won't pay much, nor do they give raises. They expect you to do so much and yet they don't appreciate you. Management plays favoritism and if they don't like you, they'll harass you until you leave. It's not worth it plus all the sears stores are closing anyway and I'm glad about it.
Cons
This company enjoys working their employees for little pay
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCDecember 4, 2015
I worked for Kmart for 3 days and the pay is very low and the company prides themselves on working the staff and paying them very low wages. The responsibility of the staff is great but the compensation is unfair. This company is for a person who has no other choice but the work there. The pay is so low the employees cant afford to shop their.
Cons
short breaks, low pay, disgruntle employees, scattered training
Learned alot
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Sears was a great place to work at and get hands on everything I learned alot in the 4 years i worked their. Unfortunately they went through alot of managers and on top of that my pay was not making sense i was doing work without getting my raised i was promised.
Cons
Pay
Great place to work with a lot of good people
Route Auditor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 14, 2015
Good company to work with a lot of great people t work with. The pay was ok but the benefits could have been better. The best part about this job is that you take to different tech everyday and get to know them on a personal level. To hear there story about customer and the homes they work in made the time go by faster. Working in the different city and learning there culture was amazing.
Pros
free lunch, winning prizes
Cons
benefits, no sick days
Fun environment, room for growth
human resources Representative II (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 3, 2015
While working for Sears I've held many positions in the 6.5 years I've been employed. I have learned many different skills, and worked with several different people, and have enjoyed my time while working with these individuals.

I am looking for something to further my career, and grow.
Pros
Great work life balance, management, etc
Cons
Compensation
Decent work experience
Loss Prevention Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2015
The company needs a great deal of connection to the real world. The salary scale is out dated. They have chosen to stop providing pay increases period. The company has lost touch with working members of the company. They are extremely top heavy so there is no room for advancement with the company. The turn over rate for the company is out of control, due to the pay rate and no raises.
Pros
Discount program
Cons
No pay raises, no room for advancement
The company as a whole
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 8, 2016
Was not great at all. The store I worked for ended up closing its doors. Nobody got raises or the hours they needed. There was no want to be there for anybody.
Continual work under high pressure brought on by poor corporate management. No advancment or pay increases.
Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 9, 2016
I have worked for this company on two separate occasions and was paid more for the first four years than when they asked me to come back to work. We had moved to Maryland because of my wife's job.

I am 74 years old and am only asked to be there two days a week to unload, by hand, a semi-trailer.

The co-workers are mixed, some will work hard, others will make it hard on the rest because they are not doing their share.

There is very little, if any, backing from management. They are under extreme pressure for their jobs and it trickles down. Most store full time employees, of which very few remain after many have been let go, go into a panic mode if they find out there is going to be a "corporate" visitor.
Pros
We have cake once a month.
Cons
Low pay, no "thank you's" for good work. No slack.