Sears Employee Reviews

Found 15,636 reviews matching the search
It's ok
Floating Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 17, 2017
It's a great place if you are a teenager and just starting to get into the work place but not for adults unless you have other sources of income. It has moments where it's fun but not all the time
Was only a part time job to earn extra money.
Appliance Sales/ Commission Salesman (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 17, 2017
I worked just a few hours a day selling appliances, it was slow at times but a great selling experience. I had to study the products in order to answer the customers questions.
Pros
Sales experience, decent money
Cons
have to work on Sundays
sears is a good place to work in the long run
Apparel M.C.A (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 17, 2017
I liked working at sears because i was taught new things that i never knew before such as folding clothes a certain way , doing signs clocking in and out for lunch . the fitting rooms are pretty stressful.
Cons
fitting rooms were stressful
Hostile work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TX Greeley, COMay 17, 2017
They care more about the top dollar than the customers, all They want is customers info and trying to sell them stuff they don't need. They don't really care for the employees. The employees are nothing but numbers to them .
Pros
I learned how to talk to people better
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
Typical Call Center
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 17, 2017
Learned a lot here, but didn't enjoy the act of collection. Dialing system is not fun at all. Fast paced and very demanding but you learn a lot of negotiating skills
Love Sears.
MCA Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 17, 2017
Sears made the application process very easy. Working for them was very satisfying. I wish I had more hours but at the time it was hard to give out too many man hours.
Pros
Great management and coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours
Alright Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 17, 2017
This is a struggling company that could do better. The management team is very busy, and is very hard to keep up. The flexibility of the job is not very good, and you feel stressed most of the time.
Pros
Na
Cons
Not a good atmosphere
SHC review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 17, 2017
Sears Holdings Corp, is a company that informs the employees openly, effectively and with honesty. I feel good with the environment and the opportunities inside. It has been a growing experience for me, for being able to help associates and being understood by my managers.
Pros
can use jeans M-F
Cons
Many changes in Retail
Great
Merchandise Pricing Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
It has been a pleasure working at Sears for the time I have been working there it was a great experience they told me everything I have learned to become a successful sales associate awesome cashier as well as Learning House of stock floor it take it with you the people there are very great and I value my job....
growth
Kmart Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PAMay 17, 2017
Growth within the company is limited. Very flexible for part-timers, not so much Asst. Managers. Loved working with members on a daily basis. Unloading warehouse trucks not so enjoyable.
it's a company that even the top managment concedes may not be able to stay in business.
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2017
Sears was a very good company to work for in the past. They are having serious financial problems that reduced the opportunities and the compensation that you received. I would still be working for them if they were more financially secure.
Pros
Ability to work on your own with little supervision.
Cons
Frequent changes of management.
Challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 17, 2017
Great experience. This was a challenging job because employees had to actually put forth the work and try harder everyday. This job was also commission based as well
Sears DC
Systems Administrator Manger / Admin Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMay 17, 2017
Tough place to work for outsiders not born and raised in the area. I was welcomed on the team like a starter and then put on the bench when my opinion or experience did not align with the popular opinion of high school buddies.
Pros
Close to Bakersfield
Cons
Dwindling management positions mean much longer hours and many more hats. Same pay
Good starting point to communicate.
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 17, 2017
Management should be better in terms of work distribution among team members.To grow as a team need proper resources and approach which is still on which they have to focus.
Not good
Human Resource Lead (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 17, 2017
Management wasn't great, culture was horrible. Work life balance was even worse. I would personally not working for this company. I got the experience I needed and moved on.
Work environment
Merchandise Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Very demanding in filling floor with production, however work environment was very clean. Hardest part of job was recovering alone before closing . The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn duties that a manager would do. For example, making signs, paper work, and running the floor sales. In addition, online purchases help with extra money on the side.
Pros
Breaks, getting paid for signing up people for credit cards
Cons
Long shifts
Productive casual workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2017
At Sears, I have helped hone my communication skills. As a case manager, I would deal with up to 80 corporate issues a day. By the time I receive the customer, they are well irate. Empathizing with customers while they explained their issues became a reflex. Deescalation was the focus point of my job. I have great managers but growth isn't currently available with the current business model.
Pros
Great team
Cons
consistent closings
Customer Services-Cashier
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2017
Good Place to work. Friendly environment. Good opportunity for those who are in school and need a part-time job. People have the chance to learn about everything around the store.
Not the best when you need a flexible schedule
Cashier/Jewelry Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 16, 2017
There was bad communication with the management from the beginning. I never was introduced to the store manager, or told when store hours were changing. When I was needed to call in sick, the number I was given to call was a disconnected number.
Pros
Decent time for breaks
Cons
Bad communication
It was a dead end
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 16, 2017
I was working in a part of Sears called "home improvement". We were almost as bad as an outside vendor, and it was stressful, and the business was slow. I was able to make money to save for school, but it would not cover rent as a primary form of employment. I felt sorry for my district manager.
Pros
Great management, branding, location, and co-workers.
Cons
heavy pressure and I was on my feet all of the time that I was working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9