Sears Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,557 reviews matching the search
Did not value how promotions were not based on performance Pay was below National average the quality of Store Managers was horible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2016
Managers were hired with minimal experiance and left unchecked promotions were base on politics with no regard for performance based Long hours without any regnitionn programs
Pros
Zero
Cons
Poor Quality supervisor disengaged
Very productive and family feel
Senior Customer Service Advocate/Escalations Dept (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 9, 2016
This company was very pleasant to work for, all the overtime I wanted, the co-workers were like family and management had an open door policy that they actually adhered to.
Pros
Unlimited overtime and great work enviroment
Cons
Wish they had more overtime
Racially discriminatory with poor senior leadership
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 9, 2016
Sears Holdings in Mobile, AL has been run by the same people for two decades. They use passive aggressive bullying as a management tactic and anyone who tries to instigate change is ostracized, especially while people. I have never experienced the unprofessionalism or racial discrimination that I have experienced here.
Department
MCA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 9, 2016
If you like to work in large place and like to work by your self for most of the time this is the place for you. You will love its self pace.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 9, 2016
Sears Corporation is slowly dying because of it's terrible service. I did however enjoy the shop your way rewards program.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Bad compensation and terrible customer service
Lead generation and entry level marketer
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 8, 2016
This is a decent job for part-time work. You learn how to make cold sales. Those that can produce even in poor regions are given the opportunity to work trade shows. This is not a position to get rich in - but excellent for those wanting flexible part-time work.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay
Rude
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, OHJune 8, 2016
They use to make us sell credit cards to the customers just so we can get hours. The main manager was really man and treated his staff like we were all highschool students. also they don't pay really good
Great people, misguided and failing company
Sales & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 8, 2016
Everyday is different, ranging from appliance sales to customer problem solving and appliance trouble shooting. While the company is slowly closing stores and selling off assets, I did learn many invaluable skills in customer and sales skills.
Fun
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 8, 2016
Love my coworker and management team,work very well as whole.manager honor your feedback to make work enivorment fun and company standard.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 8, 2016
Loved working here. Great Company and excellent customer service opportunities. Very Enjoyable and many multiple learning opportunities
Nothing good to say
minion (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 8, 2016
It pays the bills. If you get your paycheck and they didn't mess it up. It simply seems as though this company is failing and has no idea how to stop its downward momentum. Everything I have seen them do to change things has struck as being the most backwards solutions ever. I do not have a MBA. So perhaps my opinion is moot. But it pays the bills. If your willing to deal with the enormous headache. They will work you to death and do everything they can to not pay you for it.
Pros
Pays bills
Cons
Barely pays bills for hours worked
Merchandise Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 8, 2016
Working at Sears I learned how to be productive while at work. I also learned teamwork and how it is easier to work as a team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short breaks
no fun or reconigtion
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 8, 2016
the store manager is not a people person and is very unappreciative.we work to hard for very little pay and haven't gotten a raise in 5 years.
Nice place to work.
XYZ (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 8, 2016
I enjoy my position at SHC. There wonderful work/life balance in comparison to my previous employer. Leadership is great as is team environment.
Pros
WFH one day/week
Home Improvement Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 7, 2016
Great Teamwork in Management. Long Hours but very flexible hours. Average Pay but there is room for advancement in your career if you are open to relocation. Hardest part about the job is to motivating the associates who are being paid minimum wage to do variety of tasks that our competitors don't ask for with a higher pay.
constant change
Vendor Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 7, 2016
The workforce and external customers are very diverse. Within the corporate office there are a lot of different types of jobs to help you be able to gain a lot of knowledge.
Pros
PTO can be taken in hour increments. Diverse workforce
Cons
Career path and opportunity for advance not clear and slow
Worst place ever
Back room associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 7, 2016
Like the other reviews for back room, this place sucks. Its so unorganized and unprofessional. The new lead is absolutely terrible. He has no idea what hes doing and is completely disrespectful to all of his employees. As soon as he started the entire backroom had to carry his dead weight and he even had the audacity to say he was going to have every body fired except for two other employees because we weren't good enough. Upper management was no better, way high expectations and low respect. I couldn't even get a drink of water without one of them coming back and telling us we couldn't that we weren't allowed to do so. Neither of the top two managers could even get my name right ever, from my first day to my last. I recommend not working here until the holiday season when hours actually open up.
Pros
Cons
leaders and managers suck
Fun laid back work place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 7, 2016
I have learned so much from my office associate job that I want to continue learning through another company. I love my job but my hours have been cut drastically and I can not afford to continue staying. I enjoy my job because I love to file, do deposit and do payroll and a lot of the associates and managers are so laid back and enjoyable to be around; that helps when you do have a stressful job. The only thing I really dis like about my job is having to write people up, because it makes me feel disappointed that the associates are not performing as they should, but I do agree that even though they are not performing as they should they do deserve a write-up.
Pros
love my job
Cons
decreased hours
Great place to learn and grow your career.
Training Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin/Round Rock, TxJune 7, 2016
Sears does promote from within and does also train you for advancement. Great opportunities to advance your career and use your skills to do a better job.
Ok job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
This job was very difficult to manage at times, and sometimes required you to pick up more task than need be. Management was very poor, and communication lacked also. This job reminded me of High school with all the gossip and rumors. The other team members were ok and made working here a little less stressful. There is a noticeable favoritism of culture and racial background.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Lack of hours, racial favoritism, short breaks, rude customers, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.