Sears Employee Reviews

Found 15,730 reviews matching the search
In the Automotive repair it was busy.. :)
Automotive Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 22, 2017
Really discouraging to enjoy working /repairing vehicles but to deal with the The constant stress of knowing the store was going to close down and dealing with individuals whom gossip cutthroat smack talking and not being professional and management team that was all mouth and no actions pritty much there to collect a pay check.and the constant self audit on pay checks to ensure you were going to get paid for all work being done . Sorry Sears can't have people calling the shots if they never been on the bottom
Pros
Great customers . Busy.
Cons
Constant self-audit on paychecks, associate gossip associate laziness poor management
Employee Satisfaction is Poor
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  polaris, OHMay 22, 2017
Sears requirements of credit apps are the reason of its poor employee satisfaction. Otherwise managements and staff are incredibly nice and willing to work together.
Okay job for young adults
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2017
Working at Sears was not the best job for me. I was a soft line cashier to different departments. I was always on a cash wrap by myself and it was always hard to get a backup cashier if the line got to long. Sears did teach me to have more interpersonal skills. The hardest part of my job was shrinking my line and getting through credit card applications on a very slow computer system.
Pros
you can earn an extra $2-$4 for each application no matter if the person was approved or denied
Cons
Understaffed, Quota that needed to be met for credit cards and usage
great experience
MCA/Cashier/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 22, 2017
learn the provision of customer service before, during and after a purchase .Great team work,great management so sad that store is now closed.learn a lot
Cons
healthcare
Sears going through difficult times
Program Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 22, 2017
Sears is evolving on a daily basis. Unfortunately, this means lay-offs. It's for this reason I would not recommend Sears to a friend seeking employment.
Stressful environment to work in
Optical Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 22, 2017
When I began working at Sears Optical, I enjoyed my job very much and the manager seemed eager to help me achieve my potential, but as the years wore on, I saw that there was no chance for advancement, little to no raise in my hour wage and my manager became someone I did not enjoy working with at all.
Pros
Free glasses once a year
Cons
Working with my boss
Fun Workplace
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 22, 2017
i was loss prevention so i had fun at work everyday. it was fast paced and the days went by quickly. Monitored everyone from customers to janitors.did everything we could to stop theft.
not a fun enviroment, with low pay
Home Improvement Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 22, 2017
basically, this job was the equivalent of old calling on your feet for hours. it is very hard to get sales when yur jst walking up to them asking, and randomly askign them if they need work doen on their home. The idea alone sounds irrtiating.
Pros
sales knowledge and practice
Cons
pay, hours
Poor organization
Appliance Repairman (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 22, 2017
Management didn't provide leadership, the company was very un-organized. The technician received the complaints from customers for the entire company causing stress toward the technician.
Sears in trouble
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 22, 2017
At Sears I was the Hardlines manager( lawn and garden, electronics, appliances,tools and mattresses).
I was responsible for planagrams, sales, management, scheduling, one on one management, etc.
I left because Sears was and is trying to get their act together. i also took early retirement with Social Security.
Great workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 22, 2017
Great workplace to be in its very laid back I enjoyed my time working @ sears as an full time employee we were taught how to use a forklift did a lot of heavy lifting etc. loaded and unloaded trucks was the only part that'll get you lol
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Took away the lil Caesar
Productive but business is very slow at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 22, 2017
I love what I do and I do it to the best of my ability I seek mattresses and I like what I do but business is extremely slow and it makes for a long day and even longer week I would love to work somewhere fast paced and dealing with people I have a great personality and I'm very good working with people I do my job no matter what I'm working on or if it's frustrating I love to see customers leave smiling that means I've done more than just my job.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Business is extremely slow at times
I got a job at Menards then my store manager begged me to stay at Sears
Hardware Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 22, 2017
Job is good and easy but if you're getting food stamps the state will make you get a new job cause you'll only get 10 hours a week. I got bored a lot but when I got a new job at Menards as a cashier by my surprise our Sears store manager begs me to stay and become a cashier there. And honestly I don't know if I want to stay with Sears since it's in the news on tv and online that the company may no longer exist by the end of this year. The coworkers were a pleasure to work with and they were very nice when I couldn't work cause my husband was in the hospital and they always checked on how I'm doing. Yes they only pay you minimum wage and in spring and summer very low hours which makes it impossible to pay bills and save any money. Nice part is they offered to rehire me if I ever wanted back.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Low hours, low pay, food stamps will not approve of Sears
good place to work
Office & HR Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 22, 2017
Easy work balance where you made a second family. Fast pace and competitive, managers are welcoming and put employees first. Never a dull moment.
Cons
short lunches
Enjoyable job because you witnessed customer satisfaction
In-home Appliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 21, 2017
Start by reviewing my number of jobs for the day. Arrive at my first job by 8:00 am. Complete the first job and continue to the next. Proceed in this fashion until all jobs are complete. Learned about the different types of appliances and how the start of repairs is approached differently for each. Management was very helpful. When assistance was needed you just needed to call a fellow tech and they were eager to assist. Each machine had different ways to enter test mode. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation shown by the customer when you repaired their machine.
Great people bad company focus.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlevoix, MIMay 21, 2017
If you love change daily this is the place for you. The company lacks focus of the big picture. Their direction is all over the place. The have great people holding them up that are sadly under appreciated.
Downhill Struggle
Auto Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNMay 21, 2017
The company has been slowly sliding downhill and will eventually be gone. The management is constantly changing due to not willing to pay for work. They promote a "family friendly" lifestyle but expect 90 hour work weeks.
Pros
Alot of free time
Cons
Bad Management Bad Pay
The employees are nice to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 21, 2017
Not the greatest place to work. The Sears Outlet Company is not a good company to work for. They do not value their employees and do not give them the tools to succeed.
Pros
the staff and customers
Cons
the company
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2017
I loved my job here. Sometimes I wish I still worked here. Coworkers were like family.
Although minimum wage is not what I'm looking for in a job. On to the next
balanced work place and pretty diverse
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2017
they did not offer raises even if you excelled at your position . i wanted to expand my horizons and or move up within this company. I enjoyed working here because it was fast paced and the meetings in the morning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9