Seasons 52 Employee Reviews

work
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2017
Very physically challenging work with little compassion. Little care is given to those who work hard. Behavior that would normally be prohibited is often overlooked.
can be fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
It can be a fun place to work and a good place to start your wine knowledge. The place does change the menu with the seasons so just like anything else you have to study and test on food and beverage. The place is constantly changing its standards so that can be a little annoying.
Productive and fun work place
RESTAURANT SERVER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Seasons 52 is a wonderful, refreshing company to work for. I didn't always make a bunch of money, but the money made came easily. It felt like I always had a supportive work family and management was flexible.
Pros
Discounts on food, flexible schedule
Cons
Some slow nights, no paid time off
Fun place to work
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I learned how to become a better cook, making differents recipes and plating my food in a higher standard. My ability of cooking become stronger. Now I feel that I can make anything.
Pros
One week vacation pay annually and one free meal daily plus lost of discounts
Cons
Lack of teamwork
Corporate Greed
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 11, 2017
The GP only cares about his bonus and has no loyalty towards staff. Management fires the good staff and keeps the bad. Management is unprofessional sleeping with staff cursing at staff but teaches integrity when they have none. Rules are only for hourly workers.
Pros
tips
Cons
have to suck up to management to have good section
Ok
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
It is a fast pace restaurant and you have to like to cook a lot of my friends have quit,,,,,,its a ok place to work for I liked it at first,,,,,,,,,,,
Not what it seems
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2017
I thought I was going to be making a lot more money than just $40 a week or so. I rarely get hours and the only servers that make money are those that take large parties but it doesn't help that it's always the SAME servers.
Pros
Family Meal
Cons
Management not on same page
Great paying learning enviorment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2017
Its a great place. Equal opportunity employer. The pay is great. Exciting learning experience. The menu changes 4 times a year. So the opportunity for growth is always there.
Indy head chef is a douche
Chef (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2017
Like to hear complaining, and be blamed for things you didn't do? This place is for you! Head chef only cares about guests, not employees. Half of the employees are allowed to show up 30 minutes to an hour late, no repercussions. Have fun working ridiculously over booked holidays. ALL of them.
Pros
Decent money, sometimes free food from gfc
Cons
No breaks, no smoking, they care about customers, not employees
Knowledgable Staff, Great Managers, but High-Stress at Times
Server (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 11, 2017
Coworkers are trained to work as a team and generally get along very well. I genuinely believe that almost every server at Seasons 52 is a good server. The seasonality of the menu keeps it interesting. Menu training is extensive, almost a full month from date of hire to validation. Management at my location is incredible!! Hardest part of the job is that some guests sincerely just are not enthusiastic about (or thankful for) their experience, even if you and your managers did everything perfectly or corrected any mistakes. You just can't take everything too personally. Also, there are several "steps of service" which you must follow closely to be considered a good server (i.e must present dessert to every table and explain it very specifically). It can be difficult to advance, but at my location the turnover rate is extremely low. Most of my coworkers have been there for 2-5 years, more for managers. Tips are very good compared to most serving jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job is when guests ask for you to be their server again or when guests walk out truly happy with their meal/experience.
Pros
50% off food while on duty, 25% off otherwise, great team members
Cons
Short breaks, high-stress during busy seasons, mystery shoppers
Team Oriented Fun place to work
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 22, 2017
I worked at almost every front of house position in the restaurant. There is room to work at different positions but unless you prove yourself quick and show them your capability it will take a lot of time. The team focus on the job makes it really easy to ask for help and get help when you're busy. They do teach you a lot whether it's OpenTable or Gallo Wine Training. The management team is fantastic and the best I've ever been with but do NOT get on their bad side because there is a lot of favoritism. The hardest part for me is that they rely on seniority and not compassion or effort. This is not good when you're trying to develop your career and advance within the company. Overall, it's been my favorite job ever and it's rewarding too.
Pros
50% off meals, 25% off your families meals. Rewards for good work
Cons
Advancement Opportunities, Seasonal, Seniority based
Great culture and teamwork
Shift Manager, Certified Trainer, Food Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 19, 2017
Great Culture and teamwork, they are closing more stores than opening, so it makes it difficult to advance if you are not already in management. Other than that, great company!
Pros
half off food between shifts
Cons
little career advancement from hourly position
Food industry
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2017
Working in the food industry is great for people who need flexible hours and like meeting new people. Not so great for people who need a set salary or prefer a set schedule. Its a very fast-pace, think on your feet, and must have very good customer service skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working on holidays is required without compensation
Executive Chef Partner
Executive Chef Partner (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMay 11, 2017
Frozen product-not fresh- scallops-seabass-lobster-mahi-tuna-pork-lamb-
Microwave-Risotto-Shortribs-Veggies-Beets-Countles More.

Inventory everymoday moring- AVsT never accurate- they like to slam the restaurant/kitchen and if there is a fire the like to comps guest.
Pros
Money- Only if you work 60 hrs or more
Cons
lack of support from director of operations- lack support- as for help never got any
Really OK place to work at
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Management is questionable. Money was nice. Employees look out for one another. Kitchen staff was very friendly and worked efficiently. Guests would come from the Galleria ready to eat.
Nice food
Cook (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Nice food, free lunches, nice people, beautiful place and clean. nice music all day. Nice location.
no lunch breaks or very short breaks for all day working.
Horrendous senior mangagers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 9, 2017
The general manager & events coordinator take their personal frustrations out on their employees, to them you are expendable. While many of the employees are kind & great to work with & you're selling great food working here is just not worth it. Promotion isn't skills based and takes many years, mangement hires from outside sources rather than from within almost every time. You won't be successful here unless you learn to brown nose. Pay is very low unless you have a position in which you earn tips & it's high stress because they overbook reservations. (Their opentable allows guests to make reservations in outside slots without their knowledge so wait times become upwards of 20 minutes for reservations). Work literally anywhere else!
Pros
Good food, fellow employees
Cons
No room for growth, unresponsive management, cliquey
Productive work enviornment
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day inside Seasons 52 was very productive and well organized. The managing staff was very professional and easy to get along with. I Learned how to be professional and how to put the customers first.
This is an amazing place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I love my life at Seasons 52. The head manager at this restaurant is the wisest, kindest, and most hard-working boss I have ever worked for. The clientele make my shifts wonderful and the food is amazing!
It's always fun serving people
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 23, 2016
• Food Runner
• We serve over 500 guests daily with a great service
• We always make our guests satisfied
• Prepare a variety of food according to customer’s supervisor’s instructions following approved procedures
• Cleaning and opening

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seasons 52. Our community is ready to answer.