Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care Employee Reviews in United States

Nurses are voiceless here
RNCM (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 25, 2016
Great coworkers - aides, nurses, music therapists, social workers and chaplains! They give great patient care and are collaborative and supportive.

It is all about volume and patient numbers now...not patient care. High caseload volume and poor caseload mix. If you voice your opinion at this company you end up with a target on your back. Expectations are that you will work for free after your scheduled hours doing computer work at home. You are criticized for being "disorganized" for doing computer work at home after spending the day attempting to provide what your patient needs are.

Nepotism and disparity run rampant at this company. You are regarded as "difficult" if you ask questions. Good communication between management escapes them.

Bottom line-there is no work life balance and no respect from upper management.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
High caseloads, no management support
The antithesis of hospice philosophy.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 17, 2015
There is no respect for work-life balance. I only lasted 18 months at Seasons, and then my health began to fail because of taking work home (documenting until 1 or 2am). The caseloads are extremely high and lead to clinicians (nurses, social workers, all team members) not being able to practice the way they were trained to. My coworkers were incredible people and the teamwork is the only thing that got most of us through each day. Management did not care for my personal well-being and was mostly concerned with the branding/title that is "Seasons." The turnover rate was extremely high; in fact there were a dozen of us that started a dinner club after having left Seasons. This was not only to keep in touch with one another, but also to heal from the terrible experiences we had while working at Seasons. I would not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
Excellent teamwork
Cons
Zero work-life balance.
productive and empoyering employer and team
current employee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2016
coming to company from former healthcare companies, profoundly shocked at opportunities, culture and professionalism displayed. work days are productive and leadership is available to support, learning new things daily w/ support from national team, education opportunities are available, room for growth, great coworkers.
hardest thing is stopping work at end of day when tem is so dedicated--which is also the most enjoyable thing as well, leadership team is genuinely appreciative of all team members.
Pros
great leadership team, positive attitudes, high emphasis on employee appreciaion.
Cons
Do not value their employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Inpatient UnitJune 12, 2016
This company has many isues, to name a few: they do not treat their employees with respect, they are just numbers. They do not give raises, in fact, they bring new employees in at the same rate or more than current employees are making. There is a lot of favoritism within the organization, there is constant re-organization within the IPU with management changes, you are always working short staffed because of staff/patient ratio and call outs because they do no approve vacation time. It's a shame because caring for hospice patients and their families is very rewarding.
Pros
Caring for hospice patients and families rewarding
Cons
No breaks, low pay raises, no time off, short staffed, poor management, unorganized
Overall a horrible place for LPN/LVN
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 2, 2016
This is place is terrible. When I first applied seasons told me I got the job for one position and then said that it was a mistake and forced me into another position that I clearly did not want. When there is nothing to do we have to do home care visits for the NCM which is fine but they give us like 8-9 patients to see in one day after you have been sitting in the office for 2-3 hours waiting to do something. We are supposed to do continuous care for patients who are symptomatic but we don't have enough staff cause the nurses either leave or get fired for crazy reasons. They don't consider LPNs as nurses, they call us the "LPNs". When we don't have any continuous care cases they force us to go home early using all of our PTO or they make us sit on the inpatient unit and sit there and tell us to wash patients up or what ever the RN tells us what to do. Sending us out to do CNA/GNA visits to wash people up all day. Then they may call you and say that they need you to start a case and you are supposed to stop what you are doing and start that case.Management constantly changing our work schedules cause staff members are leaving making us work days and nights in the same week and saying that's what we were told when we were hired which is a lie. If your manager does not like you they keep doing things to you so you can quit. For example, give you a schedule that is ridiculous and unfair. My fellow CC nurses are great we all got along just fine. Showing favoritism to your other staff members by letting them switch to another day that is good for them. You can not go to HR about  more... anything they automatically will help the manager in any situation. My co workers (CC nurses) are great even though I have seen 3-4 of them go w/in months to less than a year of me being there. The best thing is taking care of patients. Manager of continuous care are very rude and are liars. If you do what they say and don't say anything then everything will be fine but don't speak up they don't like that and will target you. STAY AWAY! ESPECIALLY LPNS!  less
Pros
mental health days, patients are great
Cons
not paid for the stress you have to deal with
Don't walk, RUN!!!
RN CM (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights MIMay 30, 2015
Poorly managed, only can get promotion or raise if you are family. Work doesn't end at 5, they expect you to always pay attention to emails and what is happening with your patients-even when you are off. They skimp on supplies and if you can get them they only allow so much. High turnover due to unrealistic expectations, no help when asked for, territories are large-you will put tons of miles on your car. Computer charting system always crashing or running very slow. Charting is redundant and lengthy. Coworkers try to help each other, however caseloads are very high which makes it hard to do.
Pros
coworkers (NOT management)
Cons
Read all the poor reviews-they are speaking the truth.
TD role
Team Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 15, 2016
I was employed for five years working up from a case manager to a team director. The workload was balanced, I loved my job and my coworkers, it was the leadership and the national managers that needed compassion, understanding, realizing the hard work that you were always doing and never listened to you about the problems that were in the office environment that you worked in. Favoritism, lack of professionalism, one leadership member was a bully, people who did not fit in were bullied out. I hated to leave but it in the end was about my mental health and sanity.
Pros
case managers, other coworkers
Cons
leadership
I hate this place.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 30, 2016
This place is not what hospice stand for. It's the most hated job I have ever had. Management and HR is horrible. Talk about staff behind their back all day long. HCC go find patients that doesn't belong on hospice. Patients on services for 5 years or longer. Medicare needs to look into seasons. I HATE THIS PLACE WITH A PASSION. IT STRESS YOU OUT TO THE MAX. DON'T APPLY TO SEASONS, DON'T WALK RUN!! HOSPICE OF THE CHESAPEAKE IS BEST PLACE IN MY EYE!!!!
Cons
A very compassonate company to work at.
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 15, 2016
Seasons was a very good place to work. I started my internship there as a Medical Office Assistant, and was hired a couple months later. I was trained by some of the best on there staff. I enjoyed being able to speak to family members on a daily basis. That was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
gifts at annual events
Cons
no breaks just 30 minute lunch
Doesn't keep their word
On Call LVN (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 14, 2016
I was offered a position with a pay rate, hours, expectations but then when I accepted the job it was a different pay rate, hours and expectations. Concerns always brought to management but no action or consideration taken into place. High turn over rate

Want to know more about Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care?

Ask a question
Enjoyed it while it lasted
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 1, 2015
Co-workers and management were all very supportive but if they want you gone, they will find a way to get rid of you. Their policy of documentation to be completed within 24 hours is not often practical for the psych-social team but that is one sure-fire way of getting rid of you. The high turn-over rate was a good indication that trying to stay for the long-term may be a good goal to have but not necessarily practical. Management seemed very friendly but it seemed like everyone has their eyes and ears on you about everything.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
No job security
Hostile Work environment
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 19, 2016
Management is horrible they have favorites like employees that don't know their value. You cannot voice your opinion. It is a take it or leave it kind of job.
Pros
Cons
Over Work, disrespectful.
Horrible company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Delaware Junction, DEJuly 15, 2016
Worked for seasons for 3 years , they do not promote staff to express needs, orientation process poor, not fair w salary.
Will never recommend anyone to work for them
Good luck to you!
RN (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WiOctober 22, 2014
Great example of how bad management can ruin a good company. No one above the branch executives care and things will most likely never change. Long hours. Continuous piling on of the work. Not interested in field staff input whatsoever. Pay cuts poor raises, childish executive management (few exceptions but it's the powerless ones). Team leads try but they can only work with what they're given. Only care about $.
Pros
excellent subordinate staff, excellent field staff
Cons
low pay, pay cuts, increased patient census, very long hours with overtime, lost too many great employees
Harassing, hostile, abusive environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 5, 2014
A Continuous Care (CC) LPN was promoted to supervise the CC Team. She had very little nursing experience, and was given no management training. Her leadership skills are nonexistent and her management style is based on controlling, and she has NO idea how to talk to or treat people. And if you don't submit to her demands, she will harass you and make disparaging remarks about you to coworkers. These issues were raised up the chain of command including HR, and then retaliation began. Something like 16 or 17 LPNs quit or were fired within the 15 months after she was promoted, and neither the local management nor the corporate management care because nurses are a dime a dozen. Management has circled the wagons around her, enabling her abusive and harassing behaviors. They would rather continue to lose spectacular hospice nurses rather than address the core problem. If you consider yourself valuable or worthy in any way, DO NOT accept a position with this office.
Pros
hospice care, money, benefits
Cons
harassment, hostile work environment
Positive environment, ethical company
RN (Current Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaApril 27, 2014
Great team spirit and positive environment. Very dedicated to the mission of hospice care throughout the company with creative programs that enhance end of life care. Great place to learn with lots of education and opportunities for professional growth. Employees expected to work hard to meet very high standards, not for people who work at a slow pace, struggle with organization, or have difficulty with technology. Ability to spend time working from home. This can be positive or negative as work time can spill over into family time if a person has trouble separating the two. Very flexible and employee friendly management. Good benefits with about 6 weeks paid time off per year.
Pros
great teamwork, positive energy, high tech, education, benefit package
Cons
technology if not savvy
If you like to be treated poorly, apply now!
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagolandJune 5, 2014
I have had up to 23 patients that I would have to visit 1 to 3 times a week. My normal days would last 12 to 14 hours on average Monday through Friday. On the weekends, I had to work at least 8 hours on paperwork. On Call was ridiculous especially when you are on call 24 hours straight and you have been out that whole time. Support from management does not exist. And actually if something happens which isn't good, they try as hard as they can to put the blame on regular staff instead of taking responsibility. employees get fired left and right. Co-workers on the same level as me were a delight. The hardest part of the job was having too many patients and paperwork to give patients and families the care that is expected for Hospice. The most enjoyable part was teaching and caring for the patients and their families.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor management, money hungry company. no job security. family unfriendly
Over worked & underpaid
Home health aide/ CNA GNA (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 8, 2015
I've worked here for 2 yrs. I enjoyed it in the beginning. The turn over rate is high because the work load is outrageous day to day. You might go from Bowie to Westminster then Baltimore City in a day to see pts. We (the aides) don't get paid what we should. We drive practically all day. By the time you get to your 4th pt your drained because it took you 30-40 minutes to get there and you don't want to provide pt care because you need a nap. Typically we see between 6-10 pts daily. They pay you .56 per mile. You will drive your car straight in the ground because they send you every where & anywhere. We also have to take supplies to pts every week. On your off days your car is filled with a bunch of mess like diapers, wipes & chuxs which makes doing your personal errands difficult. You receive a 1% raise yearly. Requesting days off is a nightmare because they don't have enough staff to cover your visits. I am currently looking for something else because this is unacceptable pay for an experienced gna. The only part that I enjoy about working for them is being able to start work at a time convenient for you. It's not even the pt care anymore because you are exhausted from driving most of the day. Other than that it's NOT rewarding we don't get any recognition I guess that's why they can't keep any staff. Fyi the only time WE receive bonuses is for the Thanksgiving holiday which isn't much just to clarify that other review. Turn over is high for the nurse case managers too NOT only aides!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Pay rate is not based on your experience.
Strong employee focus
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMarch 16, 2015
The company is filled with passionate employees that care for their patients and keeping the working environment as light-hearted as possible. Management is open and very vocal about the events surrounding the company and any plans or changes.
Pros
a lot of employee relations
Cons
very little work life balance
Employees
CNA/CHPNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILNovember 6, 2015
Their field staff is the best. They really care about the patients. The field staff shows true compassion for the patients and their families.
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
Traveling in between patients

2.8