Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care Employee Reviews

A Hospice with great mission and values
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 16, 2017
I have been working in the hospice field as a social worker for many years. Unfortunately, I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of hospices. I believe that Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is dedicated to providing hospice services with a heart and compassion, while doing things ethically and following the rules. The team is supportive and willing to pitch in whenever is needed, and it is great to have the national team only a moments away to reach out to for help. I love working here!
Pros
Pay, flexibility, benefits, great team
Cons
Like in any hospice job, there is lots of driving
Stressed and unorganized work enviroment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 10, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the management - they cared about the numbers more then the staff. Favoritism in the work environment. No life/ work balance. Poor training in all areas of the job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work/life balance
Positive place to work
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 6, 2017
Taking care of patient, driving to different towns or facilities to see patients.
Making phone calls to families and patients
Great place to work at, everyone is friendly.
Good place for improvement skill
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 5, 2017
5 star .............
Friendly coworkers
Good place for starting SN
Palliative care is very important for pt in end stage of life. Sn instructed in all hospices services and protocol is very hard at the moment the pt death, need to gave the ES to family
Good Company
Physician Support Specialist & Pall Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 11, 2016
Hospice and palliative care company. Learned a lot about policies and procedures pertaining to Medicare. Great co-workers
Pros
Great vacation and pay.
Cons
Leadership needs to open the lines of communication more.
I enjoyed working for Seasons Hospice. The work environment was fun and found co- workers friendly and helpful
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TX on Riverside Dr.December 9, 2016
Typical day was either seeing different patients through out the day or providing a twelve hour shift for continuous care. This required the nurse to provide total care, administer medications as ordered to keep the patient as comfortable as possible during their terminal illness. Also, to provide comfort for.the family and friends. This included family education, of the dying process, and use of all medications required . I found this type of nursing very rewarding, and the intimacy of the overall environment allowing for a close relationship with the patient and family.
Pros
Occasional seasonal parties, snacks and drinks providef at mandatory meetings; excellent staff support and educations
Cons
No benefits offered to part- time and as needed staff
preceptorship
Clinical Experience (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 25, 2016
I completed my senior preceptorship at Seasons IPC. The staff were excellent and provided the highest level of care to patients at the end of life. It was an excellent environment to learn and grow in.
smooth
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 17, 2016
great people and great place to work at. the patients are very helpful and some family members will even help you whiie you are there with their loved one.
Easy Access
Intensive Care/ Volunteer (Former Employee) –  baltimore, MarylandOctober 21, 2016
Quick fast and completely understanding to the people if they wanted to fill out a job application of their choice. organized and hands on when It came to distributing the merchandise and the supplies needed at the time and as each patient would need things, I would be first on call.
Small group of people working together to help patients and their families
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIOctober 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Seasons Hospice. It was a tough field to work, in given its nature, but it made me a stronger person when dealing with personal losses.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long hours, and distraught families.
Enjoyable work place
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoy working for Seasons. As a nurse practitioner the hardest part of the job is travel but the expectation of seeing 5 patients daily is realistic.
Pros
mileage
Cons
travel time
Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CASeptember 17, 2016
Constant high rate of employee turn over. The owner is very rude. They do not work around your schedule. This is the office in Apple Valley. Try other employment options before working for them. They do not value patient lives or their nurses either.
Pros
Nursing
Cons
Very rude owner.
Productive work enviroment
Medical Office Extern (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, CTAugust 19, 2016
Was a great place to gain experience. Everyday was a great day. All employees were very kind and helpful. I was very excited to learn new things and be able to apply my knowledge to help make things easier.
Don't apply
not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2016
There are many Hospices you may choose from. Skip this one. The reviews are derogatory and with good reason. Management is inexperienced and micromanages. Turnover is excessive. Employees are overworked and burnout occurs quickly.
Pros
Cons
Read the reviews and caveat emptor
Horrible company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Delaware Junction, DEJuly 15, 2016
Worked for seasons for 3 years , they do not promote staff to express needs, orientation process poor, not fair w salary.
Will never recommend anyone to work for them
I hate this place.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 30, 2016
This place is not what hospice stand for. It's the most hated job I have ever had. Management and HR is horrible. Talk about staff behind their back all day long. HCC go find patients that doesn't belong on hospice. Patients on services for 5 years or longer. Medicare needs to look into seasons. I HATE THIS PLACE WITH A PASSION. IT STRESS YOU OUT TO THE MAX. DON'T APPLY TO SEASONS, DON'T WALK RUN!! HOSPICE OF THE CHESAPEAKE IS BEST PLACE IN MY EYE!!!!
Cons
If you are an honest person, do not work there.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2016
I am not a disgruntled employee. I was an administrator for Seasons. I was taught that honesty was the best policy. I also do not sugar coat anything. I had to write up one of my employees for not doing their job. I had to wait on HR for two weeks before they approved the write up. While waiting on HR, the employee went into my office and found the write up. The employee actually called HR, and ask if she was being written up. Naturally HR told the employee no. The day I disciplined the employee, and gave them the write up the employee had another co-worker email HR to let them know the employee was great. This call was made to the HR department after the employee ask me if she was getting written up. Naturally I told her yes, and we would discuss later. After receiving the write up, this employee made copies and gave it to staff. At Seasons they have The True Hope values. There is no trust,and please do not be honest.
Pros
great money
Cons
do not respect each other
Hostile Work environment
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 19, 2016
Management is horrible they have favorites like employees that don't know their value. You cannot voice your opinion. It is a take it or leave it kind of job.
Pros
Cons
Over Work, disrespectful.
A very compassonate company to work at.
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 15, 2016
Seasons was a very good place to work. I started my internship there as a Medical Office Assistant, and was hired a couple months later. I was trained by some of the best on there staff. I enjoyed being able to speak to family members on a daily basis. That was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
gifts at annual events
Cons
no breaks just 30 minute lunch
Do not value their employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Inpatient UnitJune 12, 2016
This company has many isues, to name a few: they do not treat their employees with respect, they are just numbers. They do not give raises, in fact, they bring new employees in at the same rate or more than current employees are making. There is a lot of favoritism within the organization, there is constant re-organization within the IPU with management changes, you are always working short staffed because of staff/patient ratio and call outs because they do no approve vacation time. It's a shame because caring for hospice patients and their families is very rewarding.
Pros
Caring for hospice patients and families rewarding
Cons
No breaks, low pay raises, no time off, short staffed, poor management, unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care Reviews by Location