Seasons Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

staff is very frendly
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2016
I enjoyed volunteering there, everyone is very friendly and very united. The nurses are always nice. The front desk secretary is one of the most friendliest person I ever met.
Pros
free lunch on meeting days
Cons
filling paper work for people who had passed away
Horrible experience working here.
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Horribly managed site. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Management does not care about the employees at all. They are unresponsive and inept. They will flat out tell you lies, use you and throw you away with little to no warning.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Poorly managed, stressful environment
hardest part of the job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 10, 2015
watching a young patient die and not having the time that is needed to have time to self to process the loss before another admission is assigned to the room
Pros
provide comfort @ end of life and the right to die with dignity
Cons
no support for the nurses and at times it feels as i am working in an assembely line.
Very welcoming and warming company.
Volunteer/externship (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTOctober 20, 2015
I felt very welcome here at seasons they really made me feel apart of a team. I have learned a lot here. My supervisor did not hold back on teaching me. She taught me information that I really did not have to know and I thank her for that. I believe she wanted me to accomplish more because she believed that I could handle it and I did.
Horrible place to work
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, marylandJuly 12, 2015
I was a RN at this company for a very short time. The reason it was so short was not because I was a bad nurse, or did something to harm the patients or the company. It was because one person did not like me. This is a bully enviornment and they do not put the patients first. The turnover rate is so high. I loved hospice and I loved Seaosns until I was blindsided and let go before my 90 days because someone did not like me. If you read other reviews you will see that I am not the first employee it has happened to. You think that if you do a good job and work hard you cannot just "have you rprofessional relationship be severed" but you are WRONG if you are working for Seasons.
Pros
You feel like you are finally helping people (but you can really help with another hospice)
Cons
Management, NO work-life balance
not what i thought
cna (Former Employee) –  newark deJune 8, 2015
For a company that has to be all about the patients it didn't seem like the patients were always put first. It was hurry up and care and on to the next one
Horrible Hospice
Hospice Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glendale CAFebruary 22, 2015
Seasons is just awful!
To hard to be "PC" on this review.
I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. Yet, I am making a lot of enemies here since I have morals.
Pros
Cons
Their Existence
Seasons Hospice is a good place to work
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 26, 2015
The reason why I left my employment with this company was they kept cutting my hours and I needed to work more hours for me to be financially stable. Good place and great people! I loved working with my elderly population and I plan to work in this field again one day.
Very rewarding position.
HOSPICE CARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Home office.... north/central Orange County areaJanuary 14, 2015
I worked out in the field, calling on physicians, hospital personnel, nursing homes, etc. to gain referrals for patients needing hospice. I loved working with my team of nurses. I spent very little time in the office - usually only to pick up supplies and if there was a meeting. I was able to utilize all of my skills and felt that providing the gift of hospice to a patient and family was extremely rewarding.
Pros
great caring team that i worked closely with.
Cons
different managers practically every month.
Great Teamwork
CASE MANAGER, @HOME SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Madison HeightsNovember 18, 2014
Great place to work! Strong management and supportive co-workers. Passionate mission and vision
Pros
friendly management
Cons
large case load
Love working there.
Medical Administrator Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 2, 2014
Season Hospice is a friendly play to work for. I had a chance to learn all about caring for the patients during their last days and being there for the family members.
Pros
staff is so friendly
Cons
n/a
Great Career Building Company
Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2014
I was able to advance my career and learning at this company.
Pros
career and advancement opportunity
benefits
Seasons Hospice does a wonderful job for patients and families going through a difficult time
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 19, 2014
Check phone messages, emails. Management is generally available when we need them, if we have questions. Co-workers are wonderful caring RN's, LPN's; as well as the accounting staff and social workers. One of the most rewarding parts of the job is not impacted by what I do, but I enjoy reading notes and cards from patients families after the family is no longer on hospice care.
good patient care. good communication between team members
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 28, 2014
.good patient care. good communication between team members. Poor expectations of staff regarding expected amount of time spent completing daily documentation.
Pros
dedicated careing staff
Cons
unrealistic rn expectations
The system is broken
Managment (Former Employee) –  Des PlainesMarch 21, 2014
Management hires relatives or friends. No support unless you are in the clique. Disconnect between National and the Illinois office
Pros
excellent music therapists, sw and field staff
Cons
poor communication among leadership, hiring of friends/relatives in managment positons
Good Pay, they want robots not nurses
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 14, 2014
Its all about policies and the ulmighty dollar.
They forget the most important asset is employees and patients.
great place to work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 22, 2014
you learn how the family feeling and what are the important thing to do to help them through the issue
Love the work zero management zero life
RN (Current Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 7, 2014
This company is everything you don't want in an employer. There is no life, you are expected to be available 24/7 with no excuses, death in your own family included. Salaried employees are worked to death. Nurses are treated as expendable and replaceable instead of assets. Turn over rate is ridiculously high. Nurses are not advanced and pay raises are almost non existent.There is no recognition for hard work or loyalty. It's sad because the work itself is so rewarding. Management hires people with the same mentality they have nothing ever improves and no new ideas are ever implemented. It's a disaster.
Pros
discretionary matching 401k
Cons
poor management, no recognition of employees
Not recommended
Nurse (Former Employee) –  DelawareDecember 29, 2013
This is one of those love what I do but dislike who I do it for jobs. Competitive salary & benefits from the outside, not all that great after all. Discretionary match for retirement. Wage cuts. Zero work/life balance. Expectations to be available 24/7 when understaffed (which is always) in addition to the 60-hour work weeks. Salary is competitive for 40-hour work week but not for 60+ hours! Little support from management. Nurses pushed to limits with high caseloads and on-call responsibilities. Constantly set up for failure then written up for those failures. Extremely high turnovers. Employees who complain are considered insubordinate, those who practice unethically are promoted. Beware.
The environment is family oriented and very relaxed.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 9, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Seasons Hospice. I wish they had an open position while I was there on externship. My coworkers were very welcoming and helpfull. My manager was approachable and open to discussion at any time. The job was not hard at all, I worked in the payroll department. Everyday was enjoyable.
Pros
cafeteria in the building and shuttle bus
Cons
n/a