Seattle Aquarium Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
information and fun volunteer work
Adult Event Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 14, 2015
Really helped me with public speaking and customer service as well as expanding my knowledge of marine biology and ecology. My supervisors were awesome and my coworkers were friendly. There were also many opportunities provided such as additional training.
Great animal exhibits and educational opportunities.
Avian and Marine Mammal Keeper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 29, 2012
Very fast paced, many animals and exhibits to maintain and improve. Great people to work with, having common goals in public education regarding wildlife, the marine environment, and advancements in research of marine life and oceans habitat.
Cons
no parking on site, must use public transportation and walk distances to and from transportation depots.
Safe and fun environment to work and enhance learning around people with similar interests.
Youth Interpretor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2015
A typical day would be showing up to work and checking in. Before we head out to the floor to interoperate, we go through a briefing activity to inform the interperaters about everything that is going on in the aquarium that day and future upcoming events. Then we head out to the floor for the day and answer guest's questions or help them with anything they need. After the day is over, we do a debriefing meeting and check out. I have learned so much from working at the Seattle Aquarium. I have learned how to communicate with guests without speaking to them disrespectfully, how to present myself in public in a way that people will respect me, and look professional so I can be taken seriously. The Seattle Aquarium is full of people who all have similar interests to my own, which makes the environment where I always am able to learn new things and enhance my abilities. The only hard part about this job is remembering facts about the animals. There are a lot of animals which means there is a lot of facts to know, however at the Seattle Aquarium there is no pressure to remember everything and it is okay to say "I don't know" sometimes. The best part about my job is the fact that I am around amazing people all day who all share a similar interest to me and that I get to hang out with marine animals all day.
Pros
Long breaks, discounted lunches (if we buy lunch), free entrance to the aquarium on off days, always learning and enriching guests, get to hang around animals
Work at the Aquarium
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  1483 Alaskan Way Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2013
I come in take a look at the event, I see the AV needs and what I need to do to get everything done. Than I walk over to the Aquarium and begin setting up an hour sometimes an hour and a half depending on the type of event. The hardest part of the job was learning the system. I genuinely enjoy the job and everything that I do there.
Pros
free lunch, events with variety, the job is great
Cons
currently part-time
very inviting environment with great view
Marine Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2012
it was a great experience with wonderful people and the days went by really fast because i enjoyed it so much
Amazing
Science interpreter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 4, 2014
Wonderful place, lovely people, inspiring work. Flexibility, learning new things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Aquarium. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6